• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman: Arkham Asylum |OT| Steroids 'n Counters

newsguy

MiamiWesker said:
If anyone in Miami wants the game I found it at a Target on Bird Road and like 87th ave, the one across from Tropical Park. I didnt buy it cause I want the TRU deal.

Nice. If I didn't have it already I would go there. Thanks for the heads up.

Diseased Yak

Gold Member
All those with Amazon release-day shipping, do not fret. I've gotten many games this way over the last year, since they've been offering it, and it ALWAYS takes forever to update to a "shipped" status.

I suppose there's always a first time, but so far they have yet to miss getting a game to me when they say they are going to, and I live out in Possumfuck, Arkansas.

HBP

Diseased Yak said:
All those with Amazon release-day shipping, do not fret. I've gotten many games this way over the last year, since they've been offering it, and it ALWAYS takes forever to update to a "shipped" status.

I suppose there's always a first time, but so far they have yet to miss getting a game to me when they say they are going to, and I live out in Possumfuck, Arkansas.

Trying not to but I keep checking it every couple of hours anyway!

Red

Diseased Yak said:

I so wish this was a real place.

Chrange

Banned
Ephemeris said:
#2 -
Remember the morgue? One of the bodies has a tag on the toes with his name on it.

Nice touch -
apparently if you go there after finishing the game, his body is gone

Amir0x

Banned
Diseased Yak said:

They had release day delivery for Wolfenstein and they were unable to get it to me on time, it shipped a day late. They refunded my shipping fee but these things happen.

The amount of people who have...

1.) Been charged for the product
2.) Haven't received shipping messages

suggests to me that it is indeed what you say, just Amazon taking forever to update order progress as 'shipped'

Red

Amir0x said:
They had release day delivery for Wolfenstein and they were unable to get it to me on time, it shipped a day late. They refunded my shipping fee but these things happen.

The amount of people who have...

1.) Been charged for the product
2.) Haven't received shipping messages

suggests to me that it is indeed what you say, just Amazon taking forever to update order progress as 'shipped'
God I hope so, I keep checking every ten minutes in hopes of it updating.

TheFallen

Ephemeris said:
Hmmm. Anyone mention this?

"New free downloadable content coming soon!" the news item announces.

No details have been revealed by Ubisoft and it isn't the PS3 exclusive playable Joker piece either as it applies for both the Xbox 360 and PS3 version.
It doesn't specify in-game content, and Rocksteady have mentioned before they're releasing a theme (as in for the dashboard/XMB) before the end of the month.

Diseased Yak said:
No, the state capitol is Possumrape. I could see how that would be confusing, though.

It's great that you've got a sense of humor about it.

I found myself stuck in Little Rock once for days following a severe ice storm, must have been ten years ago now. All the roads were closed, as well as the airport.

I've never seen so many churches in my fucking life...and that includes my travels to Rome. You couldn't throw a crucifix without hitting a goddamn church in that town. Lots of WWJD bumper stickers everywhere, and dirty looks when I made the mistake (I guess) of walking up to the bar in a Mexican restaurant for a pint. This fucking place was packed full of people and the bar was a ghost town. It was all a little too creepy for my tastes.

EzLink

Banned
pixel monkey said:

I found myself stuck in Little Rock once for days following a severe ice storm, must have been ten years ago now. All the roads were closed, as well as the airport.

I've never seen so many churches in my fucking life...and that includes my travels to Rome. You couldn't throw a crucifix without hitting a goddamn church in that town. Lots of WWJD bumper stickers everywhere, and dirty looks when I made the mistake (I guess) of walking up to the bar in a Mexican restaurant for a pint. This fucking place was packed full of people and the bar was a ghost town. It was all a little too creepy for my tastes.

:lol :lol :lol

Volcynika

HBP said:
Mine too, it's in Philly!

:lol mine too

August 24, 2009 09:29:00 PM PHILADELPHIA PA US Arrival Scan
August 24, 2009 08:30:00 PM NEWARK DE US Departure Scan
August 24, 2009 07:22:00 PM NEWARK DE US Shipment received by carrier
August 24, 2009 11:17:44 AM New Castle DE US Shipment has left seller facility and is in transit

HBP

Volcynika said:
:lol mine too

August 24, 2009 09:29:00 PM PHILADELPHIA PA US Arrival Scan
August 24, 2009 08:30:00 PM NEWARK DE US Departure Scan
August 24, 2009 07:22:00 PM NEWARK DE US Shipment received by carrier
August 24, 2009 11:17:44 AM New Castle DE US Shipment has left seller facility and is in transit

Mine has taken the exact same path, are you in the Midwest?

Diseased Yak

Gold Member
pixel monkey said:

That pretty much sums up Arkansas. It really is a backwards environment that deserves the flak it gets. I was raised pure hick. Hell, no lie, I used to live in a community so far out in the woods that you had to cross no less than 3 creeks to get to my house (all on dirt roads, naturally). Also our drinking water came from a cave. I really need to write up an OT post someday, complete with pictures.

It's ironic you mention Mexican restaurants, because that's our 2nd most common money-making scheme, second only to churches. Lots of BBQ places, too.

Amazon shipped my copy, as well as Dissidia, both for tomorrow, wooo!

bozeman said:
Is that Wal-Mart price only in Canada or does it apply here in the States, too?

Please, don't support that company and it's tyrannical business practices. As this article will explain, these bastards will stop at nothing in the name of profit.

If destroying Main Street America one small town at a time, importing and shilling hazardous products from factories in China where employees work endless hours for unfair wages with no oversight, while they also treat their own employees here in the U.S. like fucking indentured servants with little to no benefits isn't enough, how about trampling on sacred ground with a SuperCenter and a parking lot where thousands gave their lives in service of their country?

The Civil War? Historic battleground? Fuck all that...we're Wal-Mart! Price Rollback on Aisle 3!

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Mine still hasn't shipped...amazon hating me :(

bozeman

pixel monkey said:
Please, don't support that company and it's tyrannical business practices. As this article will explain, these bastards will stop at nothing in the name of profit.

If destroying Main Street America one small town at a time, importing and shilling hazardous products from factories in China where employees work endless hours for unfair wages with no oversight, while they also treat their own employees here in the U.S. like fucking indentured servants with little to no benefits isn't enough, how about trampling on sacred ground with a SuperCenter and a parking lot where thousands gave their lives in service of their country?

The Civil War? Historic battleground? Fuck all that...we're Wal-Mart! Price Rollback on Aisle 3!

um.....right. I watch Penn & Teller: Bullshit. Wal-Mart hate is bullshit.

Anyway, do US Wal-Mart's have that low price or is it Canada only?

bozeman said:
um.....right. I watch Penn & Teller: Bullshit. Wal-Mart hate is bullshit.

Oh, you caught me. I didn't realize you were a Penn & Teller viewer. Dammit, and I almost had you!

Seriously...educate yourself about who you give your hard-earned money too. Read the fucking news article about the ongoing fight and educate yourself about your precious Wal-Mart's business practices.

wRATH2x

Banned
HBP said:
How long was your play through? 1UP said about 9 hours for them.
14 hours, but I took my sweet time.
Haha! You beat the game and we are all about to experience the magic of the first playthrough!
Thats like saying "Yeah you had sex first, but I get to experience losing my virginity while your's is long gone.". Step your game up EzLink!

EzLink

Banned
Wrath2X said:
14 hours, but I took my sweet time.

Thats like saying "Yeah you had sex first, but I get to experience losing my virginity while your's is long gone.". Step your game up EzLink!

Yeah, I'm still a virgin and don't own Arkham, but I get to die alone with my batman game!

what is going on oh god i need sleep but only an hour and a half left

wRATH2x

Banned
EzLink said:
Yeah, I'm still a virgin and don't own Arkham, but I get to die alone with my batman game!

what is going on oh god i need sleep but only an hour and a half left
Than fucking sleep dude, You'll get the game faster that way. :)

Top Bottom