• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman: Arkham Asylum |OT| Steroids 'n Counters

Chrange

Banned
Wrath2X said:
OK how do I get past the fucking plant in the garden, Poison Ivy needs a good whooping

Look for a vent

That's the answer for almost all the 'how do I...' questions on this game lol

Buckethead said:
So I take this stupid Toys R Us card to the store tomorrow between 10 and 2 and they give me a $30 gift card when I buy the goddamn Batman game?

Or just print the ad or find the ad from Sunday's paper and take it to Best Buy and price match so you can just get the $30 off of the price.

GQman2121

Banned
OokieSpookie said:
That would be awesome:lol

Even better idea: I return the game; keep the gift card and Lego Batman; return only AA; then re-buy it with the gift card for $30.

I'll make this work even if I have to go to two separate stores damn it!

GQman2121

Banned
OokieSpookie said:
Or just print the ad or find the ad from Sunday's paper and take it to Best Buy and price match so you can just get the $30 off of the price.

It definitely doesn't work like that. If only.......:lol

EzLink

Banned
Well fuck me, I'm getting ready to "go to bed" (I guess it's technically a nap) and I'll get up tonight so I can midnight this bitch and play until some ungodly hour. Sure I'll regret it tomorrow when I'm tired as fuck at school and do not have a free 30 dollar TRU giftcard, but I refuse to wait any longer than I have to!

DrBo42

GQman2121 said:
It definitely doesn't work like that. If only.......:lol
It does. We had people do it with Ghostbusters. Gift Card price matching is included in the fine print on the Best Buy site.

Best Buy said:
How do you handle a price match if an instant gift card is included with a purchase?
The value of an instant gift card with purchase will be considered when calculating a price match. If the combined value of a competitor's product and instant gift card is lower than the combined value of Best Buy's product price and instant gift card, Best Buy will match either the price or the instant gift card value, depending on the offer.

Minamu

EzLink said:
Well fuck me, I'm getting ready to "go to bed" (I guess it's technically a nap) and I'll get up tonight so I can midnight this bitch and play until some ungodly hour. Sure I'll regret it tomorrow when I'm tired as fuck at school and do not have a free 30 dollar TRU giftcard, but I refuse to wait any longer than I have to!
Hardcore.

Jtrizzy

I pre ordered, and am going to get this tomorrow but I can't decide which system to get it for. I know PS3 has the Joker DLC, but I also read that the 360 version looks better. Is the difference visually major? I'm stuck here.

DrBo42

Jtrizzy said:
I pre ordered, and am going to get this tomorrow but I can't decide which system to get it for. I know PS3 has the Joker DLC, but I also read that the 360 version looks better. Is the difference visually major? I'm stuck here.
I just played through the whole thing on PS3. If you've played the 360 demo, you will miss the AA. I've heard the game performs better on 360, but there was never a time when my FPS would start taking any major hits, it's pretty damn solid. Tearing is definitely there when you're outside on the island itself, not sure about the 360 in that regard.

Edit: Also, the Joker is a ton of fun in the challenge modes.

neojubei said:
Well that is the place I would go if I was in nyc or the store in Elizabeth Street in Chinatown.

Wow, thats exactly where i went... Not Jnl this time thought.

Edit: Pic

082420091159.jpg

Jtrizzy said:

Here is what I read about the comparisons

GQman2121

Banned
DrBo42 said:
It does. We had people do it with Ghostbusters. Gift Card price matching is included in the fine print on the Best Buy site.

Well that's a pretty badass deal then. I think I'll do that. I do want the Scarecrow stuff from GS, but I think it's only a DLC code, which I'm sure someone will make a dummy account for to share with everyone anyway.

Best Buy it is! Thanks for setting me straight Doc! ;)

Jeff Stephen said:
Wait, so TRU will give you a $20 gift card + $30 for TRU reward members? If so then the game pays for itself.

nah, its $20 normally, but if you're a rewards member and you do it within the specific timeframe it'll be $30. not $50 total

DrBo42

GQman2121 said:
Well that's a pretty badass deal then. I think I'll do that. I do want the Scarecrow stuff from GS, but I think it's only a DLC code, which I'm sure someone will make a dummy account for to share with everyone anyway.

Best Buy it is! Thanks for setting me straight Doc! ;)
Make sure to print the page out at http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?type=page&contentId=1118843518460&id=cat12098. The idiots at the store you're going to while most likely be ignorant to their own policy. Good luck friend.

Gryphter said:
nah, its $20 normally, but if you're a rewards member and you do it within the specific timeframe it'll be $30. not $50 total
Understood. I might have to end up calling in sick tomorrow since it's 10-2PM deal.

Jeff Stephen said:
Understood. I might have to end up calling in sick tomorrow since it's 10-2PM deal.

you sure you want to waste a sick day on that? You can get in on just the $20 gift card til 8/29. At least you'd be able to play it all day if you do call out sick. I'm just gonna pick it up tomorrow on my lunch break

DrBo42

For those of you picking up the game tonight, godspeed. When you get home, be sure to use the in-game brightness config to get it looking correct. Having the right lighting in this game is essential.

DrBo42 said:
For those of you picking up the game tonight, godspeed. When you get home, be sure to use the in-game brightness config to get it looking correct. Having the right lighting in this game is essential.

Do you stick to the game's suggestion of keeping the logo just visible? I find that doing so makes the game look bleached out.

PowderedToast

First game I've preordered since GTAIV. HMV has an exclusive sleeve which means I don't have to see the ugly PSN circle that SCEE have managed to ruin the box with.

dragonflys545 said:
Wow, thats exactly where i went... Not Jnl this time thought.

Edit: Pic

082420091159.jpg

Please tell me that sticker isn't directly on the case and is instead on the plastic wrap... when I bought inFamous, the Uncharted 2 sticker was on the case and I tried to take it off... bad idea.

Level 8 Boss said:
Luckily I didn't view this, but spoiler warnings guys.

Why would my comment warrant a spoiler warning? Everyone knows that the explosive gel is in the game and that developers have demonstrated how to take down mobs with it. Knocking out a mob and putting the gel underneath his body to set a trap is just a clever use of already known gameplay mechanics.

wRATH2x

Banned
Well just beat the game,
Mohawk titan Joker was really awesome, but I agree that it was kind of a disappointing final boss. The ending screams sequel, I want to see Rocksteady's Two-Face and titan Killer Croc. This game is awesome and I hope we see a sequel soon.

KaYotiX

Banned
Wrath2X said:
Well just beat the game,
Mohawk titan Joker was really awesome, but I agree that it was kind of a disappointing final boss. The ending screams sequel, I want to see Rocksteady's Two-Face and titan Killer Croc. This game is awesome and I hope we see a sequel soon.

Damn Already??

NotTheGuyYouKill said:
Please tell me that sticker isn't directly on the case and is instead on the plastic wrap... when I bought inFamous, the Uncharted 2 sticker was on the case and I tried to take it off... bad idea.

It's directly on the case :(

DrBo42

LabouredSubterfuge said:
Do you stick to the game's suggestion of keeping the logo just visible? I find that doing so makes the game look bleached out.
If you're playing on PS3 it's going to look bleached out unless you mess with your TV first. The console has a nasty habit of blowing out whites, especially on UE3 games. But yeah, I had to move the slider under the recommended setting as well.

DrBo42

Wrath2X said:
Well just beat the game,

The boss itself was disappointing, but I thought that area and the whole "theme" was awesome.
Edit: Ah fuck, sorry for double post folks.

wRATH2x

Banned
KaYotiX said:
Damn Already??
To be fair I had very long game sessions, and I played it for 8 hours today, 4 hours the day I got it, and 2 hours yesterday. I have yet to go through the challenge rooms and I still didn't solve all the riddle's, and collect all the Riddler trophies. Plus I'm planning many play through's in the future. :D

just beat the game. what a ride it was. FINALLY a Batman game that not only holds up to comic book hero game standards but holds up against any action/adventure.

Will definitely be trying to get 1000/1000.

wouwie

For those who have played the game, how's the balance between fighting and "other" (sneaking, puzzles?,...) gameplay. Didn't really enjoy the fighting in the demo so i'm a bit hesitant to buy.

Shake Appeal said:
Already spoiler-filled thread is going to be worse tomorrow. I'm bailing out until Friday at the earliest. Enjoy, gents!

Same.

I'm a lowly gaming-third-world Brit so I'll be picking this up Friday earliest. It will be a magnificent weekend of counters and spectral analysis!!!!!

spidye

Ok. I've just beated the game and I have to say I am impressed. my favourite game this year. Yes even better than resident evil 5.

for the sequel I want an open world gotham and some batmobil love. the design of this one was so cool.

DrBo42 said:
Edit: Also, the Joker is a ton of fun in the challenge modes.
Nooo, don't say that, you'll make me have second thoughts. :(

Sometimes things are weird. Green Day's Are We the Waiting was playing in the background, white noise in my ears. And then as I was typing the above, just before the lyrics came, my ears kind of perked up and I heard distinctly; "Forget me nots and second thoughts live in isolation". It's weird when stuff like that happens. And it happens frequently enough for it to not be coincidence. I think we're all a tiny bit psychic. That's what Batman has honed and why he is a counter machine.

Ephemeris

Is it terrible that before the game's official release I'm frothing over the prospect of a sequel? I tell ya, gamers could never be truly satisfied.:lol

GQman2121 said:
Even better idea: I return the game; keep the gift card and Lego Batman; return only AA; then re-buy it with the gift card for $30.

I think how it works, is that they deduct the GC from the game's price. Hmm, let me put it another way The-best-batman-game-ever will ring up at $30 instead of $60 and the GC will ring up at $30 as well.

So if you try to return the game, you'll only get $30 back.

Anndd..
MiniHarveyBatman.jpg

:lol

Downhome

Ephemeris said:
Is it terrible that before the game's official release I'm frothing over the prospect of a sequel? I tell ya, gamers could never be truly satisfied.:lol

The second that I realized that this game was actually a high quality release, I started thinking about possible sequels. :D

Downhome said:
The second that I realized that this game was actually a high quality release, I started thinking about possible sequels. :D

It would be funny if they did what MGS did and had like a 1 vs 10 mode where one guy is Batman and everyone tries to take him down.

Top Bottom