• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman: Arkham Asylum |OT| Steroids 'n Counters

JambiBum

EzLink said:
Yeah, I'm still a virgin and don't own Arkham, but I get to die alone with my batman game!

what is going on oh god i need sleep but only an hour and a half left

30 minutes for me. :) Oh and apparently Mr. Geoff Keighley is giving away CE's through his twitter during the GTTV Arkham launch special tonight. He's going to be asking questions about the show on twitter. linky

EzLink

Banned
Wrath2X said:
Than fucking sleep dude, You'll get the game faster that way. :)

Except I have class at 930 in the am, and if I sleep now I know I'll be out until my alarm wakes me up for school.

It really won't be too bad though, i only have the one class and it's just like an hour and a half or something, and then I have the whole rest of the day to
take a nap
play arkham

EzLink said:
It really won't be too bad though, i only have the one class and it's just like an hour and a half or something, and then I have the whole rest of the day to
take a nap
play arkham

Goddamn, I miss those days. Enjoy it, mate. Fucking cherish it. Before you know it...kids, wife and career will make you fight for any and all gaming time you can get.

I'm still averaging an hour a day...and I'm proud of that.

And you're going to love Arkham. Game of the Year is not hyperbole.

bozeman

pixel monkey said:
Oh, you caught me. I didn't realize you were a Penn & Teller viewer. Dammit, and I almost had you!

Seriously...educate yourself about who you give your hard-earned money too. Read the fucking news article about the ongoing fight and educate yourself about your precious Wal-Mart's business practices.

I could go on and on about how Wal-Mart helps low income families make it from month-to-month, but this isn't the forum for it and, quite frankly, I don't give a fuck. I know people who've worked there and they love their jobs, too.

I'd still like to know if that $30-ish price is only for Canadian Wal-Marts...

bozeman said:
I could go on and on about how Wal-Mart helps low income families make it from month-to-month, but this isn't the forum for it and, quite frankly, I don't give a fuck. I know people who've worked there and they love their jobs, too.

The working poor in this country have long been lulled into believing that hoarding cheap wares, that consumerism equals fucking happiness. Because they believe that...that doesn't make it fucking so.

As for people working there and loving their jobs...really? Maybe we just have different friends, because I don't know many folks who spent their childhoods dreaming of getting ten bucks an hour to jockey a cash register. Maybe that's just me.

And you still haven't addressed the issue at hand. Do you really believe that it's okay to build a giant box store on a Civil War battlefield? Because if you do, then you truly are lost.

And all I could possibly say to that is...Welcome to Wal-Mart.

JambiBum

pixel monkey said:
The working poor in this country have long been lulled into believing that hoarding cheap wares, that consumerism equals fucking happiness. Because they believe that...that doesn't make it fucking so.

As for people working there and loving their jobs...really? Maybe we just have different friends, because I don't know many folks who spent their childhoods dreaming of getting ten bucks an hour to jockey a cash register. Maybe that's just me.

And you still haven't addressed the issue at hand. Do you really believe that it's okay to build a giant box store on a Civil War battlefield? Because if you do, then you truly are lost.

I made 20/hr working for wally world. Pretty good to me.

paparazzo

Wow, high praise from Gamespot, which is usually kinda harsh (not that I put much stock into their opinion). I thought the demo was great and I actually enjoyed Batman Begins. Looks like I'll have to get this.

pixel monkey said:

now how do you feel about gamepro

Downhome

Just got back from GameStop, and wow. The place was packed, I couldn't believe it. There were at least 15-25 people there waiting at midnight, and the manager who is a friend of mine told me that he was going to be there until 1am and that a ton of people told him they wouldn't be there until later on in the hour.

Anyway, I got it, now to play it! :D

Fatghost

Gas Guzzler
Revolutionary said:
?
There isn't one... and the game wouldn't need one anyway.

When the game is installing the 1.2GB mandatory install it says there is an optional 3GB installation..,.how the fuck do you do it?

vulva

pixel monkey said:
Please, don't support that company and it's tyrannical business practices. As this article will explain, these bastards will stop at nothing in the name of profit.

If destroying Main Street America one small town at a time, importing and shilling hazardous products from factories in China where employees work endless hours for unfair wages with no oversight, while they also treat their own employees here in the U.S. like fucking indentured servants with little to no benefits isn't enough, how about trampling on sacred ground with a SuperCenter and a parking lot where thousands gave their lives in service of their country?

The Civil War? Historic battleground? Fuck all that...we're Wal-Mart! Price Rollback on Aisle 3!
Yeah, that was my favourite level in this game too.

That Joker! What a card!

Fatghost said:
When the game is installing the 1.2GB mandatory install it says there is an optional 3GB installation..,.how the fuck do you do it?
I don't remember it saying that, but I'm telling you that the game doesn't need it. There are no loading screens aside from the initial one. :lol

jrricky

Banned
JambiBum said:
30 minutes for me. :) Oh and apparently Mr. Geoff Keighley is giving away CE's through his twitter during the GTTV Arkham launch special tonight. He's going to be asking questions about the show on twitter. linky
I tried this and failed so hard. :lol

My spike channel seemed to be much slower than the other people that gave the answers, like 4 minutes later after geoff put the question up. The winners answered like miliseconds after the question, god I never win anything. :-/

bozeman

pixel monkey said:

The issue at hand? THE ISSUE AT MOTHERFUCKING HAND?!?!? The issue at hand is DOES U.S. WAL-MART'S HAVE THE SAME SALE ON THIS BATMAN GAME AS CANADIAN WAL-MARTS?!?! The reason I didn't "address" your issue is because I didn't read your freaking article because I didn't pop into the Batman game thread to get educated on BIG BAD EVIL Wal-Mart, I came in here to learn more about the freaking Batman game. Take your Wal-Mart shit to the OT so I can ignore it there.

GAF vets, is this guy for real??? I ask a simple yes/no question and some dude wants to shame me for giving MY hard earned money to the anti-Christ suppressor of the poor and downtrodden. If they're building on an old Civil War battle site, then go there and maybe see the ghost of Robert E. Lee greeting you at the door and offering you a buggy. For fucks sake!

Fatghost said:
I just saw it.
I'm not doubting you did, I'm just saying that I don't remember that.

Anyway, I went ahead and checked and it seems as though it does it by itself over the course of the game or something, because I did not choose for an optional extra install... but I'm looking at my Game Data right now and it reads 3640mb, when it was originally the 1.2ish when I first started the game.
Weird.

Chrange said:
Nice touch -
apparently if you go there after finishing the game, his body is gone
I can confirm this is true. :D

scoobs said:
seriously considering buying for ps3... where is the best deal online??
Probably Amazon. I think the price is somewhere around $52, and you can use the 5OFFARKM code to take $5 off. The code is good until midnight pacific time, I think.

bozeman said:
I'd still like to know if that $30-ish price is only for Canadian Wal-Marts...
It is only for Canadian stores, don't know why it took so long for someone to answer you.

Fatghost

Gas Guzzler
Revolutionary said:
I'm not doubting you did, I'm just saying that I don't remember that.

Anyway, I went ahead and checked and it seems as though it does it by itself over the course of the game or something, because I did not choose for an optional extra install... but I'm looking at my Game Data right now and it reads 3640mb, when it was originally the 1.2ish when I first started the game.
Weird.

Hmmm...

scoobs

SolidEyeSystem said:
Probably Amazon. I think the price is somewhere around $52, and you can use the 5OFFARKM code to take $5 off. The code is good until midnight pacific time, I think.

It is only for Canadian stores, don't know why it took so long for someone to answer you.

Sweet! Just ordered it :) Free shipping too, sweet deal!

I'm really excited to jump in, this looks like a killer game.

bozeman

SolidEyeSystem said:
Probably Amazon. I think the price is somewhere around $52, and you can use the 5OFFARKM code take $5 off. The code is good until midnight pacific time, I think.

Thank you, thank you, a million times THANK YOU! I have no idea why that simple question turned into a discussion on the evils of Wal-Mart.

Since I can't get it for that super Canadian sale price, I think I'll wait a while, since I'm seriously considering getting that PS3 Slim next month and want to get the extra Joker content. Have there been any impressions on the Scarecrow content offered from Gamestop? Is it exclusive or will it be eventually available as DLC?

stupei

pixel monkey said:
Open world = No, thank you

If they make the sequel open world, it won't look anything like this. Open world means massive graphical compromises. Do not want.

Agreed that it would be a huge compromise, not only graphically but in the storytelling and progression. One of the things that makes this game so amazing is how the levels evolve around you because of the impact other characters have on the game world. Arkham gets to have a personality. Make it just another "oh, let the player do whatever they want in any order they want!" type of game and you strip away a lot of the impact and the sense of progression. Granted, without the excuse of an island and security doors, etc, it'd be harder to come up with logical roadblocks along the player's path, but a completely open world game is the last thing I want to see from this team. I want them to refine the elements already in place here, but take them to the streets of Gotham.

When you get results like this, I'll take a more controlled experience over a sandbox any day.

It may have already been answered in the thread and I missed it, but anyone know how long it was in production?

Fatghost said:
Okay, you guys fucking suck at reading. I deleted my Game Data to reinstall it and see what you guys are talking about. It's NOT an optional install and it doesn't imply anywhere that it's optional, either:

The minimum installation required is 1177MB of free space. Please note that additional game data may be installed in the background to increase performance throughout the title. The maximum game data that can be installed is 3.8GB.

bozeman said:
Thank you, thank you, a million times THANK YOU! I have no idea why that simple question turned into a discussion on the evils of Wal-Mart.

Since I can't get it for that super Canadian sale price, I think I'll wait a while, since I'm seriously considering getting that PS3 Slim next month and want to get the extra Joker content. Have there been any impressions on the Scarecrow content offered from Gamestop? Is it exclusive or will it be eventually available as DLC?
I guess impressions will be posted soon since people are starting to pick up the game. Also, I remember reading about the possibility that after thirty days the maps may become available.

ant_

not characteristic of ants at all
VASPER said:
Can anyone help me i am stuck please read at own risk.
I am stuck in the mansion, trying to locate DR Young in her office area. Both doors are blocked or a security gate is blocking my path and i have no way around.
I have not played the full game yet, and I have no idea what you are talking about. But I am going to take a wild guess.

Look for a vent.

K2Valor said:
I have not played the full game yet, and I have no idea what you are talking about. But I am going to take a wild guess.

Look for a vent.
You deserve a gold star for that one.

(it's the right answer)

JRW said:
^^^
Correct, its to the right of the office i believe you need the batclaw for this vent
Wrong.

JRW

K2Valor said:

Look for a vent.

^^^
Correct, its to the right of the office i believe you need the batclaw for this vent

Brashnir

polyh3dron said:

I think they're just slow updating the page. Mine finally went into shipped status around 1am, but when I checked the tracking number, it says it actually shipped at 3pm.

Hopefully yours will get updated soon.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Brashnir said:
I think they're just slow updating the page. Mine finally went into shipped status around 1am, but when I checked the tracking number, it says it actually shipped at 3pm.
Mine was just now updated at 2 am, its waiting in Kentucky right now, I hope UPS guy drives fast.

Sorry if I missed it already but does character progression carry on through multiple play-throughs? Would be nice if I could start a hard game with a maxed out Batman.

MiDNiGHTS said:
Sorry if I missed it already but does character progression carry on through multiple play-troughs? Would be nice if I could start a hard game with a maxed out Batman.
I'm pretty sure the answer is no.

Snuggler said:
Mine was just now updated at 2 am, its waiting in Kentucky right now, I hope UPS guy drives fast.
Just checked mine and it's apparently in Louisville right now.

Sean

Banned
Yay just got the Amazon shipping email a few minutes ago. Tracking info says it's in my state about 2 hours drive away.

Seems like they are sending the shipment notifications a bit late, but they're shipping it on time.

How the hell do you open the box on the collector's edition? I peeled off the sticker, but it doesn't want to give. I'm afraid of tearing the box if I pull too hard.

Edit - Nevermind, you really do just have to pull a bit harder.

Marty Chinn said:
How the hell do you open the box on the collector's edition? I peeled off the sticker, but it doesn't want to give. I'm afraid of tearing the box if I pull too hard.

Must resist joke that is so ever present, muuuuuuuust resiiiiiist.

Marty Chinn said:

You know we are awaiting pictures, right ;)?

Chrange

Banned
Marty Chinn said:

Look for a vent

:D

Top Bottom