• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman: Arkham Asylum |OT| Steroids 'n Counters

Joei said:
It's funny that people are questioning his body type. At the gym I go to I see a handful of guys in their upper-50's and into their 60's who have great bodies like the commish. All it takes is dedication, hard work and a good juicer.

Fixed. :lol

TheExodu5

Banned
OokieSpookie said:
Infinitely.
As I think my rant earlier in the thread covered, this is the Joker from the comic and the animated series and this is the Joker that I grew up with when he would pop up in Batman or Detective comics.
Again I have much love for Ledger's Joker, but it would be a travesty to ignore many many years and foundations of the character just because of one good performance.
Hamill hit a homerun week after week in TAS with the character long before and had not lost a step since.

I think the best part is the influence that Heath Ledger's Joker brought to the visual design of the Joker in AA. It's like a perfect blend of the two.

What makes this Joker stand out above Ledger's in the end though, is the comical feel he brings to it.

Dizzle24

AstroLad said:
Damn hadn't seen those mods (though I'm sure they were probably posted earlier in this monstrothread).

14wag3s.jpg

25r01us.jpg

v60vus.jpg

2yo48lj.jpg

Can't wait. :D

Jesus tap-dancing christ. I want those. All of them. On my PS3 please! I will pay a high price! :D

AstroLad said:

It's good to see Beyond get a little love. Criminally underrated series with a phenomenal pilot. And for those seeking out even more stellar Hammil work as the Clown Prince of Crime, see the unedited version of The Return of the Joker. Amazing.

TheExodu5

Banned
AstroLad said:
Damn hadn't seen those mods (though I'm sure they were probably posted earlier in this monstrothread).

14wag3s.jpg

25r01us.jpg

v60vus.jpg

2yo48lj.jpg

Can't wait. :D

Are these the modded Batman costumes? Can't see them from work.

Definitely anxious to see what people come up with when the PC version comes out.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Correct, and yes there are going to be some amazing mods. Very cool the attention that they seem to be giving the PC version.

tim1138

AstroLad said:
Correct, and yes there are going to be some amazing mods. Very cool the attention that they seem to be giving the PC version.

Oh how I hope someone makes a Zur En Arrh costume and how I wish I had PC good enough to play this game. Sadly I know I'll buy any extra costumes Rocksteady throws our way.

tim1138 said:
Oh how I hope someone makes a Zur En Arrh costume and how I wish I had PC good enough to play this game. Sadly I know I'll buy any extra costumes Rocksteady throws our way.
I'm sure someone did indeed make a Zur En Arrh costume mod.

-Amon-

Just finished reading some of this thread and it's a surprise to me how good you guys find this one.

You know, usually these big license games don't come out that good.

tim1138

I dunno if this was in the thread somewhere and I missed it, but does anyone know what the free PSP content is? I noticed it in the email Sony sent me this week saying this was out.

Barso

Banned
Just watched the PHYSX demo and PC version pre-order now booked.
It adds alot to the environmental atmosphere.
And makes throwning the batarang so much fun.
I wish the console versions could pull off the PHYSX extras but I suppose this game will flex my GTX295's muscles a bit.
To wrapped up in arma2 at the moment.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
TheExodu5 said:
Oh how I wish my GTX 275 could pull off 60fps with PhysX. :(

I could always just lock it at 30fps if I wanted to play with PhysX.
Yeah, still SUPERIOR right? Have you OC'd it? I've OC'd my 295 a ton and it really gives you a big boost.

sloppyjoe_gamer

Gold Member
-Amon- said:
Just finished reading some of this thread and it's a surprise to me how good you guys find this one.

You know, usually these big license games don't come out that good.

I have it but havent started yet, but to me from reading all the comments here it sounds like that the devs made an excellent game that would still be excellent even if it was made as a non-Batman game....if that makes sense..:lol

Zeliard

sloppyjoe_gamer said:
I have it but havent started yet, but to me from reading all the comments here it sounds like that the devs made an excellent game that would still be excellent even if it was made as a non-Batman game....if that makes sense..:lol

That's the crux of it. But to top it off, they also captured Batman perfectly. The slick-yet-mighty, counter-heavy way he fights when he's surrounded by goons, the way he grapples around and takes people out when he's being sneaky Bats, what he says, how he says it (obviously), the various things he does (like the lights going off, and then coming back on to reveal Batman's hand around Joker's throat), etc.

They really did capture him beautifully. Other devs should take note.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
TheExodu5 said:
I think the best part is the influence that Heath Ledger's Joker brought to the visual design of the Joker in AA. It's like a perfect blend of the two.

What makes this Joker stand out above Ledger's in the end though, is the comical feel he brings to it.

I died at some point in the game, and in the "Retry screen" he made a funny comment, but what was really funny, was as he was backing away from the screen, and into the shadows, is that he trips on something and you can see him fall backwards accidently. Just something funny from something that didn't seem scripted as a joke.

TheExodu5 said:
Oh how I wish my GTX 275 could pull off 60fps with PhysX. :(

I could always just lock it at 30fps if I wanted to play with PhysX.
I'm torn too, play the pc version at 60 or play at a locked 30 with physx (on a gtx 260), think I will go the 30 route just because one in a few can experience the breaking floor tiles or paper going everywhere.

FCMaxi said:
TDK skin looks fantastic

http://i32.tinypic.com/4jmc21.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]
That is awesome, any more pics? I worry that the bump mapping might not match it and look odd in motion.

Barso said:
I can't wait for the PC version.
When I play the 360 version I imagine how much better it will be running at 1920x1200 with PHYSX on.
I even ordered a windows controller for this game.
World of warcraft, arma 2 and this game makes me so glad to be back to PC gaming.

You can use your xbox 360 controller with windows......

In fact thats how I plan to play it on my PC, with a wired 360 controller I bought on clearance two years ago. :)

Or if you have xp you can use a PS3 controller. Sadly, there isn't a way yet to use ps3 controllers on 64 bit vista. :(

Biff

mysticstylez said:
Anyone have some help for me at this part,
I'm at the mansion trying to find Dr. Young's Papers. I took out all the thugs, and save the Dr. and guard by cutting the rope on the chandelier. Where the hell are the papers, I've looked over teh whole building with detective mode on and can't find anything.

The question I'm answering is regarding Dr. Young. If you haven't reached that far, do not read further:

Drop down to the very basement where the chandelier smashed. I believe you saved 2 guards actually, the doctor was already taken away though - the guards couldn't help her. Anyways, in the same room where you just saved the guards, look on the bookshelves. There will be one big book sticking out. Run up to it and grab it. Detective mode barely points it out, there's one little handprint on it.

For a second I thought my Xbox died on me when you
face off with the Scarecrow for a 3rd time.
While this was happening I was going through my wallet trying to find my Best Buy receipt. :lol

ChefRamsay said:
The question I'm answering is regarding Dr. Young. If you haven't reached that far, do not read further:

Drop down to the very basement where the chandelier smashed. I believe you saved 2 guards actually, the doctor was already taken away though - the guards couldn't help her. Anyways, in the same room where you just saved the guards, look on the bookshelves. There will be one big book sticking out. Run up to it and grab it. Detective mode barely points it out, there's one little handprint on it.
Be sure to look up your current objective. There are many here having trouble either locating
Dr. Young or her notes.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
H.Cornerstone said:
You can use your xbox 360 controller with windows......

In fact thats how I plan to play it on my PC, with a wired 360 controller I bought on clearance two years ago.
Yep, I'm gonna be using my wireless 360 pad.

Scotch

I know I'm probably opening a whole can of worms here, but has anyone noticed any differences between the X360 and PS3 versions? I'm picking this game up tomorrow, still deciding on the platform.

Zzoram

Scotch said:
I know I'm probably opening a whole can of worms here, but has anyone noticed any differences between the X360 and PS3 versions? I'm picking this game up tomorrow, still deciding on the platform.

I played the 360 demo and the PS3 retail. I can't tell any difference except that the PS3 version's camera is pulled back a bit, which I prefer. The Joker for challenge rooms isn't a huge deal, but it's a nice bonus.

Barso

Banned
How do I make my wireless 360 pad work on windows vista?
Is it using the wireless dongle as that seems expensive.
Does the 360 wireless pad work flawless?
Thanks.

Zzoram

MPW said:
spoiler alert

how do you save the last doctor (female)

there are two walls than can be blown up but how do you blow up both at the same time?

You can spoiler tag you know, use [spoilerr][/spoilerr] without that extra "r" at the end.

You
can use explosive gel on up to 3 places at a time before detonating

Top Bottom