• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman: Arkham Asylum |OT| Steroids 'n Counters

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
MPW said:
spoiler alert

how do you save the last doctor (female)

there are two walls than can be blown up but how do you blow up both at the same time?

Hint, walk around in detective mode.

DieH@rd

Banned
here it is, 2 min in photoshop and i've created new batman skin :) Creating new skin package is not that hard...

2whf14m.jpg

sboch5.jpg

izs4uw.jpg

4pxefs.jpg

Can someone PLEASE post biger gaf logo~! Ive used the one from the forum top.

MiniDitka

MPW said:
spoiler alert

how do you save the last doctor (female)

there are two walls than can be blown up but how do you blow up both at the same time?
Put explosives on each wall and Boom goes the dynamite :D

Zzoram said:
I'd like to know this too.

Well since no one here answered the question... got the answer from gamefaqs and yes, the part I mentioned in my previous post as a spoiler is basically the halfway mark.

rescueing the Dr from Zsasz

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Barso said:
How do I make my wireless 360 pad work on windows vista?
Is it using the wireless dongle as that seems expensive.
Does the 360 wireless pad work flawless?
Thanks.
Yes, unfortunately MS likes their wireless peripheral monies. Works flawless. GFW Live game too so bonus for us PC360 folk.

ant_

not characteristic of ants at all
God damnit I have to do homework but I woke up early just to play Batman for two hours. This game is fucking great :D

JRW

brandonh83 said:
Wow Batman just made me feel like an asshole

in one of the gassed rooms, I took the Batarang and cut one of Joker's thugs hanging from a rope above the gas level and when he fell into the gas he started going nuts and Batman said "I can't let that man die, I need to clear the gas as soon as possible"

FUUUUUUCK

lol, well you didn't have a choice... without that happening you wouldn't of been able to disable the last section of gas.

Zzoram

slasher_thrasher21 said:
Well since no one here answered the question... got the answer from gamefaqs and yes, the part I mentioned in my previous post as a spoiler is basically the halfway mark.

rescueing the Dr from Zsasz

Wait,

Zsasz wasn't in the first room you had to blow up 2 walls for, unless there is a second time you do this

DieH@rd said:
here it is, 2 min in photoshop and i've created new batman skin :) Creating new skin package is not that hard...

izs4uw.jpg

Nicely played. For increased GAF accuracy, please place the logo over The Dark Knight Detective's Batjunk. That pretty well summarizes many of our fellow posters. :lol

Chrange

Banned
Trying to clear all the riddles, I'm stuck on Arkham Mansion....chattering teeth! I'm missing one of the 20, and can't figure out where it is. I've walked through the entire place with my volume way up just so I could maybe hear it lol

Penguin

And down goes the game.

That was probably up there with Galaxy as my most addicted game this generation.

Solid solid effort.

JORMBO

Darkness no more
I only got to play for 2 hours last night but this game is amazing. My buddy is blown away by it too. Good to see so many positive opinions for this game!

DieH@rd

Banned
pixel monkey said:
Nicely played. For increased GAF accuracy, please place the logo over The Dark Knight Detective's Batjunk. That pretty well summarizes many of our fellow posters. :lol

Cant. Textures are covering only one hemisphere of the model. So i need symetrical texture, neogaf logo will not cut it.

29w1kt1.jpg

TheExodu5

Banned
DieH@rd said:
Cant. Textures are covering only one hemisphere of the model. So i need symetrical texture, neogaf logo will not cut it.

I guess that means the rip in Batman's suit isn't a texture. That's good news.

Barso

Banned
I just noticed that on the official forums there are nearly 4000 threads in the general discussion and only 13 threads in the PC discussion.
I take it the PC version is not going to get much love.
Pity,as that seems to be the definitive version.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Barso said:
I just noticed that on the official forums there are nearly 4000 threads in the general discussion and only 13 threads in the PC discussion.
To be fair, it's not out for three weeks.

Barso said:

Nah, it's just because the PC version hasn't dropped yet. The X360 & PS3 iterations are the new hotness right now. Give it a month when console gamers have moved on to Beatles Rock Band and ODST...the PC version will get plenty of love.

Oh my what a fantastic game! I just finished it along with every Riddle and the Spirit of Arkham writings. This game was just too damn good and I love how they incorporate nearly every Batman villian somehow throughtout the game with little tidbits. I think the best part was (Big Spoiler)
the last encounter with Scarecrow when the screen freaks out and then you become the Joker walking Batman to Arkham, Scarface as the warden was perfect. Then getting shot by Joker and it tells you at the restart screen to move the stick to avoid the bullet, that was my biggest WTF moment. Then you restart from your grave.

My GOTY so far, which means Call of Duty 4:2 better be damn good to surpass this. All I have left is the challenges I guess, although I am not really looking forward to it but I want the Perfect Knight achievement.

CaptainCamerica said:
I think the best part was (Big Spoiler)
the last encounter with Scarecrow when the screen freaks out and then you become the Joker walking Batman to Arkham, Scarface as the warden was perfect. Then getting shot by Joker and it tells you at the restart screen to move the stick to avoid the bullet, that was my biggest WTF moment. Then you restart from your grave.

Did you notice that it said to
move the middle stick to avoid his gunfire? I thought...what fucking middle stick?! And then next thing you know, return of the living Bats!
Amazing sequence in a title brimming with them. Game of the Year for me no matter what Modern Warfare 2 brings to the table just because it's so original, and not a sequel. It's like two years ago with the way Bioshock shocked the world all over again.

Rocksteady can't give us the sequel fast enough!

sloppyjoe_gamer

Gold Member
Did the full trophy/achievement list ever get revealed?

There's been a list out there for a while but on the sites ive looked at there are many that are still 'secret' that noone seems to know what they are..??

sloppyjoe_gamer said:
Did the full trophy/achievement list ever get revealed?

There's been a list out there for a while but on the sites ive looked at there are many that are still 'secret' that noone seems to know what they are..??
The secret trophies/achievements are story-related.
Unless you want to spoil the game for yourself then you're better off not knowing them beforehand.

Came home for my lunch break to play a little bit, doing the first challenge right now... is this not the most fun combat EVER? That's probably been said a million times by now, but I honestly can't remember a time when beating up a room full of thugs put a huge smile on my face. Everything just flows so... incredibly smooth, no complicated button inputs (at this early stage anyway), but you feel like such a badass... you feel like the GODDAMN BATMAN.

I could see the combat in this came becoming the new gold standard everyone steals from in the near-future.

I'm about to go pick this game up, but I need to ask really quickly - is the PS3 version any worse than the 360 version? I'd like to get the PS3 version, unless it's obviously worse than the 360 version ala Ghostbusters.

Flib

TheSonicRetard said:
I'm about to go pick this game up, but I need to ask really quickly - is the PS3 version any worse than the 360 version? I'd like to get the PS3 version, unless it's obviously worse than the 360 version ala Ghostbusters.

They're both pretty much equal, the ps3 port is great. I was conflicted on which to get, but I'm really happy with my choice of the ps3 version (joker is great to play as).

witness

TheSonicRetard said:

PS3 has more content with the joker, should be simple.

lostxii

The attention to detail in this game is great. For example, how while batman is using the cryptographic sequencer, he's constantly looking over is shoulder. Awesome.

MPW

Zzoram said:
You can spoiler tag you know, use [spoilerr][/spoilerr] without that extra "r" at the end.

You
can use explosive gel on up to 3 places at a time before detonating

thanks

how do you
beat ben after the goons join in

Anyone have some help for me at this part,
I'm at the mansion trying to find Dr. Young's Papers. I took out all the thugs, and save the Dr. and guard by cutting the rope on the chandelier. Where the hell are the papers, I've looked over teh whole building with detective mode on and can't find anything.

This got lost in the orgy of batsuit pics, any tips?

Anyone else walk around in areas even though they could run only because you want to stay in character and you know Batman wouldn't be running around at that point? :D

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
I'd have to say it's more BB/TDK like. Some things are very similar in fact. I want to say there's a "Joker Strings" type chord in there. That unnerving, slowly rising string sound. Not exactly the same, but close. That happened when I was sneaking up on a group of thugs as they were standing there talking about things the Joker had wanted them to do in the past.

I've been pleasantly surprised with the music. Some great action bits, and there doesn't seem to be alot of repeating tracks, like they change up the action cue's depending on when/where you are in the game

Marty Chinn said:
Anyone else walk around in areas even though they could run only because you want to stay in character and you know Batman wouldn't be running around at that point? :D

Hmmm, you found me out. I've been doing that too... :( :D

Marty Chinn said:

But Batman runs all the time.....

Einbroch

Banned
mysticstylez said:
Anyone have some help for me at this part,
I'm at the mansion trying to find Dr. Young's Papers. I took out all the thugs, and save the Dr. and guard by cutting the rope on the chandelier. Where the hell are the papers, I've looked over teh whole building with detective mode on and can't find anything.

This got lost in the orgy of batsuit pics, any tips?
I'm pretty sure you just have to jump down to the very bottom (below the glass that you broke when you dropped the chandelier) and there should be a book that stands out slightly on a bookcase. In that book you'll find the formula. There should be a "(A) Check" or "(X) Check" pop-up.

I don't remember it exactly, but I think that's what I did.

Top Bottom