• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman: Arkham Asylum |OT| Steroids 'n Counters

V

Vilix

Unconfirmed Member
The cutscene after the ending credits shows
a box of Titan floating in Gotham Bay. Scarecrow's hand comes up outta the water and grabs it. I just finished my second run through and now it's Croc's hand that comes up outta the water and grabs it. Has anyone else seen this or other character's grabbing the box of Titan?

88 % trophies completed!
Only two Shock and Jungle extreme stages to go...bleh

It took me forever to complete Freeflow Perfection. Loved the points I got for 9 variations, but still hated the concept

omgomgomgomgomgomg 21665 after 2 rounds, I think my heart is gonna explode.

RavenFox said:
Guys/Gals is there a way to get back into the Penitentiary after beating the game?

Yes, everything is opened at the end.

31635 for the win at the buzzer buckets of cum!!!!!!!!!

KAOz

Short bus special
Motherfucking Platinum'd this game now. I feel like the Batman!

Only fights I had troubles with on Hard, was
Ivy
and
the one where you fight a Titan and henchmen keep coming through elevators
otherwise it was a cakewalk.

RavenFox

Banned
Valkyr Junkie said:
omgomgomgomgomgomg 21665 after 2 rounds, I think my heart is gonna explode.

Yes, everything is opened at the end.
So where do I get in? The main door wont open with Jokers face on it and I dont know of any other access routes.

AniHawk

I have 20 medals for predator challenges. I had three-medaled the extreme one in the mansion, and some asshole that climbed down a ladder, climbed right back up and shot me in the back. THAT HAS NEVER HAPPENED BEFORE.

Also, I can't do the extreme hospital one. I guess people have to be UNDER exploding walls because I blew three up when one guy was on top of one and it didn't register.

RavenFox said:
So where do I get in? The main door wont open with Jokers face on it and I dont know of any other access routes.

That's the welcome center, not the penitentiary. The penitentiary door is about 100' closer to the river from where you are.

RavenFox

Banned
Valkyr Junkie said:
That's the welcome center, not the penitentiary. The penitentiary door is about 100' closer to the river from where you are.
lol Dude Ive been through that door so many times and was confused for a moment lol. Damn my brain still recovering from lastnight. I found it and came to post and saw you answered me. Thanks man lol

I just realized I haven't 3-starred the regular Shock and Awe challenge :lol

What's different to make it easier than Extreme? Please let there be no cattle prods.

RavenFox

Banned
Okay this has been bugging me. Who the hell is locked up in that room with
Clayface wearing the red straight jacket. He's upstairs on the opposite side of the room
?

RavenFox said:
Clayface wearing the red straight jacket. He's upstairs on the opposite side of the room
?
A random inmate. Doubt he's supposed to be anyone significant, or there'd have been a Riddle involving him (as there are for every other 'cameo' in the game).

EDIT: Ah, so that explains it. Contest winner. :lol

Amir0x

Banned
RavenFox said:
?

Heh. I assume that was, like, one of the developers of the game or something. You know, put into the game as a joke. My knowledge of Batman mythology couldn't think of who he'd be, and
he was the only crazy not allowed out of his cage and had a completely unique character model

GCQuinton

RavenFox said:
?

It's a guy who won a contest to appear in the game

Minamu

Valkyr Junkie said:
I just realized I haven't 3-starred the regular Shock and Awe challenge :lol

What's different to make it easier than Extreme? Please let there be no cattle prods.
On Extreme, the electric floor lights up like 1500 times per round :lol On the regular, I don't think there's much need for climbing the fences at all. Seems like twice the enemy count on Extreme too (and they take more hits to take down I believe).

Vilix said:
The cutscene after the ending credits shows
a box of Titan floating in Gotham Bay. Scarecrow's hand comes up outta the water and grabs it. I just finished my second run through and now it's Croc's hand that comes up outta the water and grabs it. Has anyone else seen this or other character's grabbing the box of Titan?

Yup.
On my one (and only) run through, I thought that it was Bane's hand that grabbed it.

V

Vilix

Unconfirmed Member
Amir0x said:
Heh. I assume that was, like, one of the developers of the game or something. You know, put into the game as a joke. My knowledge of Batman mythology couldn't think of who he'd be, and
he was the only crazy not allowed out of his cage and had a completely unique character model

You guys can't figure it out? I thought it was obvious.

200px-DanteHicks.jpg

V

Vilix

Unconfirmed Member
whatevermort said:
Yup.
On my one (and only) run through, I thought that it was Bane's hand that grabbed it.

That makes a hellva lot more sense. It should've been him all the time.

Neiteio

I just finished Killer Croc's lair... And I thought it was great. :) Forcing you to walk slowly or run when prompted made the tension palpable, as did not knowing where Croc would come from. Mixing in the line launcher was also fun. The section didn't seem long at all; it had just the right length to build suspense as the stakes were raised. The finale with the explosive gel was the cherry on an already sweet sundae.

Downhome

Neiteio said:
I just finished Killer Croc's lair... And I thought it was great. :) Forcing you to walk slowly or run when prompted made the tension palpable, as did not knowing where Croc would come from. Mixing in the line launcher was also fun. The section didn't seem long at all; it had just the right length to build suspense as the stakes were raised. The finale with the explosive gel was the cherry on an already sweet sundae.

I feel the exact same way about that segment of the game. I have no clue why so many keep bashing it, I thought it was really well done.

AniHawk

Downhome said:
I feel the exact same way about that segment of the game. I have no clue why so many keep bashing it, I thought it was really well done.

It's way too damn long with very little variation. Batman didn't need to go around collecting four spore samples. That's just padding the game. Padding games is bad.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
AniHawk said:
Also, I can't do the extreme hospital one. I guess people have to be UNDER exploding walls because I blew three up when one guy was on top of one and it didn't register.

You need to blow up 3 walls and take a person with each one. Oh, do you mean you got three but one of them was above it? Yeah, I don't think that one works because the wall itself doesn't take him out.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
I thought the section was ok
until you got all the spores, but then you had to go aaall the way back and that made the section drag out way too long for me. The constant bataranging and running got old after a while.

Vilix said:
That makes a hellva lot more sense. It should've been him all the time.

All three make sense.
They all were in the water the last we saw them

Also I've been reading my Batman books lately.

Arkham Asylum - weird... really abstract.
Year One - really good.
Killing Joke - short but sweet.
Long Halloween - so far it's my favorite. I'm about a little over a quarter way through and it's fantastic.

AniHawk

Papercuts said:
You need to blow up 3 walls and take a person with each one. Oh, do you mean you got three but one of them was above it? Yeah, I don't think that one works because the wall itself doesn't take him out.

Yeah, I just saw it on a youtube video. I thought I was being all clever, too.

Minamu

Neiteio said:
What happens if Croc actually catches you? He never managed to get me on normal or hard. Easiest boss battle in the whole game to me. Even easier than Scarecrow o_O

Downhome

AniHawk said:
It's way too damn long with very little variation. Batman didn't need to go around collecting four spore samples. That's just padding the game. Padding games is bad.

Well, I just disagree I guess. How long did it take you people? I played it on hard and the entire segment didn't seem to take hardly any time at all, but maybe I was just so engrossed in the entire game so much so that I didn't even realize it. All four spores were really close together. The only thing that took any time at all was the very end when you needed to escape, and once you figure out the way to go that again doesn't take long if you haul tail.

If this is one of the main complaints about the entire game, I'd say that's pretty good. :lol

fistfulofmetal said:
Long Halloween - so far it's my favorite. I'm about a little over a quarter way through and it's fantastic.

If you haven't got the other Jeph Loeb-written Batman books - that's Dark Victory, which is a semi-sequel to Long Halloween, and Hush, which introduced the titular character, and is a bit more of a traditional comic story - you should get them. Long Halloween and Dark Victory are my favourite Batman stories ever, and amongst the best comics ever written.

I also, incidentally, swear by Gotham Central, the best Batman series to not really feature Batman. Written by (best writer of comics currently working) Ed Brubaker, it's set amongst the Gotham PD, and features all your favourite villains in slightly more inventive than usual ways.

Downhome

I played on hard, and for what it's worth
at the end of the game I got Bane's hand

Maybe it makes a difference, I have no clue, but at the time I beat it I hadn't so much as touched any of the challenges. I was saving all of that for after I beat the game.

Downhome said:
I played on hard, and for what it's worth
at the end of the game I got Bane's hand

Maybe it makes a difference, I have no clue, but at the time I beat it I hadn't so much as touched any of the challenges. I was saving all of that for after I beat the game.
Difficulties don't matter.

Personally, I think it's based on how many times you died to the enemy. For example, on my first playthrough I got
Croc, because I died to him a good 5 or 6 times cuz the Quick Batarang kept failing me. Second playthrough, I got Bane - him and Ivy were the only bosses I died to that playthrough, and Ivy never shows up for that scene so... naturally, Bane came up.
I'm planning on dying a few times to Scarecrow on purpose to see if I can confirm my theory.. on my next playthrough, whenever that is.

Revolutionary said:
Difficulties don't matter.

Personally, I think it's based on how many times you died to the enemy. For example, on my first playthrough I got
Croc, because I died to him a good 5 or 6 times cuz the Quick Batarang kept failing me. Second playthrough, I got Bane - him and Ivy were the only bosses I died to that playthrough, and Ivy never shows up for that scene so... naturally, Bane came up.
I'm planning on dying a few times to Scarecrow on purpose to see if I can confirm my theory.. on my next playthrough, whenever that is.

It ain't deaths because I didn't die on
croc
and he turned up at the end.

Kard8p3

Has anyone ever chose to quit after getting shot by the joker in the last scarecrow section? I wonder if anything would happen differently or if you'd just quit.

Kard8p3 said:
Has anyone ever chose to quit after getting shot by the joker in the last scarecrow section? I wonder if anything would happen differently or if you'd just quit.

Shit me. That's a genuinely good question. Will try next time.

Kard8p3

AniHawk said:
Got Predator Gold.

Also got 29,380 points on Rumble in the Jungle. So. Goddamn. Frustrating.

Just wait till you get to the extreme version. One of the most frustrating things ever.

I think I got the highest combo of any of the rooms on Rumble in the Jungle Extreme. Two Titans means you can basically rack up stratospheric combos by downing them in turn and then plowing through the goons.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Shake Appeal said:
I think I got the highest combo of any of the rooms on Rumble in the Jungle Extreme. Two Titans means you can basically rack up stratospheric combos by downing them in turn and then plowing through the goons.

Same. If you can get into a good pattern of hitting a lot of enemies + downing the other titan, you can just get right back on a back and keep it going.

Top Bottom