• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman: Arkham Asylum |OT| Steroids 'n Counters

EzLink

Banned
So close to 1000ing this bitch. Just have two more predator maps and two more freeflow maps (neither of which I've even attempted yet). Already got Shock and Awe Extreme out of the way. There were two guys left in the final round when the countdown hit zero and the floor started to crackle. I did an instant takedown to one and then just as Batman's ass was about to be fried, and he goes into the slowmo finisher for the final goon. If I was literally half a second later on that I wouldn't have gotten it. But I wasn't too late, because I'm the goddam Batman :D

Dan said:
God fucking damn. This battle with the Titan and the elevators is brutal on hard. I just can't win. It's virtually impossible not to be fighting on the second and third waves, but then the damn Titan always catches me with his charge or throw. I can evade all I want, but I'm just jumping over a henchman instead of diving across the room, and the Titan always adjusts his aim enough to cover for that. And then the room is small so I get pressed against the sides and can't see what's happening. Damnit.

you can hit the titan and make him blind a few seconds before he begins to even charge. just keep an eye on him and chuck a batarang when he changes his stance

Mission complete! Platinum trophy! Shock and Awe and Rumble in the Jungle extreme really gave me a run for my sanity. Once I only needed 200 points and the other 2000 points for the three stars.

Then with Rumble in the Jungle, somehow I was able to pull a 50 combo at the second stage out of my ass to score 30,000 points in one round!

The enemies who have the rod with them, a big F U as my token of appreciation

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
BeautifulMemory said:
The enemies who have the rod with them, a big F U as my token of appreciation
The stun rod guys are actually really easy to deal with - the instant takedown move will KO them with one hit.

Wouldn't it be awesome if they had DLC skins from the TV Batman to the Dark Knight.

I'd love to play through with Keaton's first batsuit.

bill0527

Holy shit ... I think my eyes are gushing blood. I spent at least 4-5 hours today doing nothing but searching for the last Spirit of Arkham clue. I looked in every nook and cranny of every building, zoomed in on every portrait, tried everything I could think of.. but I refused to go to the internet to have it spoiled. I found 239/240 without help so I wanted to finish it on my own. Goddamn.. and of course the place I found it was the last place I looked and the last place I expected it. Fuck me... those riddles could have almost been their own game.

finally got platinum for this awesome game....but i never want to play another challenge map again. some of those challenges were driving me nuts lol

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Shock and Awe Extreme is the only thing standing between me and Perfect Knight. That challenge is driving me insane. I have the first 2 rounds almost down to a science, but the 4th round just has WAY too many guys to take out in such a small timeframe. I've seen the end one time now, with 26k :(. By far the hardest and most frustrating challenge in the entire game

Aske

These predator challenges are fantastic. The extreme ones are so satisfying once you finally figure them out. Any new predator challenge rooms that Rocksteady throw up as DLC are insta-buys for me. So, so good.

Darunia said:
Shock and Awe Extreme is the only thing standing between me and Perfect Knight. That challenge is driving me insane. I have the first 2 rounds almost down to a science, but the 4th round just has WAY too many guys to take out in such a small timeframe. I've seen the end one time now, with 26k :(. By far the hardest and most frustrating challenge in the entire game

I agree. However, I will assure you that you will get it very soon, speaking from recent personal experience ;)

I love the Challenge maps, both fight and stealth ones, but damn they get hard. Tried to 3 Bats some of the later ones last night but gosh, I feel like tearing my hair out. I think I'm pretty much done with the game now. Can't be bothered to go through on Hard. I feel I won't enjoy it going through again and trying to find the riddles all over, so I'll leave it there.

Great game though. I'd give it an 8/10. Up there with Killzone 2 and RE5, all running for GOTY so far.

KAOz

Short bus special
Regarding Killer Crog, call me slow as hell, but I just realized they based his apperance on the Animated Series version. :lol :lol

54ggt3.jpg

2qnve3m.jpg

KAOz said:
Regarding Killer Crog, call me slow as hell, but I just realized they based his apperance on the Animated Series version. :lol :lol

http://i30.tinypic.com/54ggt3.jpg[/MG]

[IMG]http://i26.tinypic.com/2qnve3m.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]
...joke post?

Darunia said:
Sure there is. Get close enough and press A (or X for ps3). It's always best to wait a bit and hit the orbs with the triple batarang and strike after that
Crouch-walk up to them and you don't need
to worry about the orbs. They flash green, orange, red before the orbs release, and you can reach them and kill them in time if you sneak up on them directly.

Downhome

Sorta off topic, but here I go anyway. Since Uncharted 2 is coming out soon I'm finally playing through the original Uncharted (it's AWESOME, like most of you know already). The thing is, I find myself trying to turn on Batman's detective mode and trying to scan interesting looking items, not to mention other Batman related actions. :lol

KAOz said:

They don't look anything alike. They didn't base his appearance on that version...He looks like some interpretations from comics like Battle for the Cowl, with their own touch and flavor rolled in. And they did a good job.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
holy fucking shit

I've seen no media for this game, other than the Giant Bomb quick-look, and that alone was enough to make me frothing at the mouth for this.

what have Rocksteady done before this? It just came out of nowhere, but it looks fantastic (and I'm only a really casual Batman fan at best).

The nineteenth of September can't come soon enough.

Volcynika

Rez said:
holy fucking shit

I've seen no media for this game, other than the Giant Bomb quick-look, and that alone was enough to make me frothing at the mouth for this.

what have Rocksteady done before this? It just came out of nowhere, but it looks fantastic (and I'm only a really casual Batman fan at best).

The nineteenth of September can't come soon enough.

An FPS for the PS2. The name escapes me, though. You could taze people in it!

MMaRsu

Aww man I'm still so much in love with the game.. I really am..

When are we going to get a sequel Rocksteady??? Haha I know it's going to take years but I just want to know there's a new one coming sometime in the future :D.

And I want maybe some prequel story DLC but I know that's not going to happen. But I'll gladly take batman armor dlc and more challenge rooms :D.

Do we know yet how much this game has sold?

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Absolute edition of Batman Hush: worth it? Oversized Jim Lee art makes it almost an impulse purchase, but Loeb is writing and the story seems kind of hit or miss with fans.

Dabanton

Rez said:
what have Rocksteady done before this?

They did Urban Chaos: Riot Response for the PS2 and Xbox which was a fun little game.

Not to be confused with the other Urban Chaos game which also came from Eidos.

MMaRsu

Is there any way to get back into the lower section of the medical building? The elevator is not working. Also where is the secrets map for it?

Darunia said:
Absolute edition of Batman Hush: worth it? Oversized Jim Lee art makes it almost an impulse purchase, but Loeb is writing and the story seems kind of hit or miss with fans.

Its got lush art which makes me revisit it from time to time (just the paperback mind) but yeah, the story tails off towards the end and is far from perfect.

KAOz

Short bus special
ToyMachine228 said:
They don't look anything alike. They didn't base his appearance on that version...He looks like some interpretations from comics like Battle for the Cowl, with their own touch and flavor rolled in. And they did a good job.

Okey, I've mostly seen the comics with him where he looks proper reptilian with a big ass tail and snout. The animated version, and the one in Arkham Asylum now, are the first versions where I've seen him looking like that.

Except for Brian Azzarellos "Joker", where Croc is a huge afro-american dude.

MMaRsu

How do I get into the pressure control junction where you fight the first Titan from Arkham West? I have my last four riddles there lol and I don't know how to get in :p.

I know it's in the caves I just can't figure out how to get there..

What do people think Rocksteady will do next?

I assume for the next 3-6 months a small team will be working on DLC for Batman: AA, but most of the 'planning team' would be off working on a new game (after a well deserved vacation :D ), right? Would it be a sequel, a new license, or perhaps a new IP?

I would be very happy if they made a Batman sequel. Just musing, but does anyone think they could do justice to a Superman game?

MMaRsu said:
How do I get into the pressure control junction where you fight the first Titan from Arkham West? I have my last four riddles there lol and I don't know how to get in :p.

I know it's in the caves I just can't figure out how to get there..

You mean the room where it branches off in 3 directions? Theres an electric gate blocking entry, but if you go into detective mode you can follow the power cables back a few yards and disable (its behind you)

MMaRsu

Messypandas said:
You mean the room where it branches off in 3 directions? Theres an electric gate blocking entry, but if you go into detective mode you can follow the power cables back a few yards and disable (its behind you)

Damn really? So I just have to go in from Arkham North eh? If that's what you're saying.. because I can't find a way to get in from Arkham West.. thx I'll go have a look

EzLink

Banned
I'm sort of skeptical about the DLC, if it's only going to be challenge maps/costumes for challenge maps. Pretty much the only reason I'm doing the challenge maps now is for the achievements, and I don't see myself having much desire to repeatedly play them over and over again after I get all the medals. If the DLC is just more maps, I'd probably play them a couple of times, but then get disinterested.

Sooooo hopefully the DLC will be costumes that are usable in the campaign. Though I doubt it because the cutscenes are prerendered :/

Messypandas said:
Its got lush art which makes me revisit it from time to time (just the paperback mind) but yeah, the story tails off towards the end and is far from perfect.
I like Hush, because I don't treat any superhero comics very seriously and it delivers most of what I want from the genre. I mean, yes, it's a mess, but it has a lot of wonderful moments, and I think the Batman-Catwoman relationship is surprisingly well-written.

Also the Lee art is great. Never understood the hate for it being over-the-top and comic-book-y. I mean, what do you think you're reading?

Getting really pissed off. I'm missing 3 riddles. All fucking teeth.

2 teeth in Arkham East
6 in the Botanical Gardens
3 in Arkham North

Checked everywhere, looked at guides etc. I seriously think they're bugged & gone.

Tom Penny

Fuck this stupid game. It was my GOTY then I'm 3/4 through the game and get a corrupt save and therefore have to start the game over. Such bullshit. That's what multiple game save slots are for you stupid fucking devs.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
For those looking for teeth, be sure to check the Warden's office. The only group of teeth that I struggled to find were in that location...I could hear the clacking but couldn't see them, it drove me crazy, it turned out they were in a little area above you that you can batclaw up to. There are no other secrets up there and you never get to in the story, so it's easy to miss.

EzLink

Banned
Grr, tips for Rumble in the Jungle Extreme plz? It's my last combat map that I need 3 medals on, and my highest score is only 39K. I can't get any fucking combos going because the Titans are always around the goons and thus swing their arms randomly and hit me to mess up my combo. It's even worse in the room with two Titans. Any advice would be mucho appreciated

Kard8p3

EzLink said:
I'm sort of skeptical about the DLC, if it's only going to be challenge maps/costumes for challenge maps. Pretty much the only reason I'm doing the challenge maps now is for the achievements, and I don't see myself having much desire to repeatedly play them over and over again after I get all the medals. If the DLC is just more maps, I'd probably play them a couple of times, but then get disinterested.

Sooooo hopefully the DLC will be costumes that are usable in the campaign. Though I doubt it because the cutscenes are prerendered :/

I'm hoping for some prequel DLC that shows batman capturing the Joker and taking him to arkham. I know that probably wont happen though so I'm not too hopeful for it. I would like a new costume of some sort though.

KAOz

Short bus special
EzLink said:
Grr, tips for Rumble in the Jungle Extreme plz? It's my last combat map that I need 3 medals on, and my highest score is only 39K. I can't get any fucking combos going because the Titans are always around the goons and thus swing their arms randomly and hit me to mess up my combo. It's even worse in the room with two Titans. Any advice would be mucho appreciated

Get as high combos as possible at the ones without Titans, preferably end them with a Ground Takedown (Thank you GAF for learning me this), then just try to get decently high combos (not massively though) on the Titan parts while riding them.
Also, kill the Titans by punching them out when they're on the last sliver of health (again, preferably with a decent high combo). When the combo multiplier ends there, it will multiply with a 100 at least.

Shake Appeal said:
I like Hush, because I don't treat any superhero comics very seriously and it delivers most of what I want from the genre. I mean, yes, it's a mess, but it has a lot of wonderful moments, and I think the Batman-Catwoman relationship is surprisingly well-written.

Also the Lee art is great. Never understood the hate for it being over-the-top and comic-book-y. I mean, what do you think you're reading?

I never said it was over the top i said it was a mess and you agreed so i'm not sure what you're disagreeing with?

GQman2121

Banned
1076idf.jpg

Shock and Awe Extreme is definitely a test of ones patients. That fourth round is ridiculous. Mad flipping and luck is needed to complete that shit. But I made it.

vazel

Banned
Darunia said:
I do have the Absolute edition and yes the Jim Lee art is nice but Hush is a mindless popcorn movie. I think Absolute Hush is out of print at least it is on Amazon.com.

acevans2

I still can't believe how great this game turned out.

I'm at 94% complete, or something. Just 6 of the 'Extreme' Challenge Maps to do. I'm going to have to look at guides for them though... I tried them already and didn't even come CLOSE.

Top Bottom