• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman: Arkham Asylum |OT| Steroids 'n Counters

netguy503

gketter said:
they move slightly once you take out poison ivy and you're able to go back in throught he front door

THANK YOU!!! :)

Edit: OMG, only 95 pages for an official thread...GAF, you're slipping! :(

Lothars

ILOVEASIANS said:
I have one frickin' Riddler trophy left and I can't seem to get it.
What makes it worse is that I can actually see the damn thing, and the wall I need to break through to get to it, but I can't get to the glass. The trophy is a part of Arkham North and it's just south east of Intensive Treatment. There's a passage that leads to it, but it ends with 3 boards blocking the way, with the trophy just beyond them.

I'm sure it's something simple that I'm missing but I don't know what. I'm trying to avoid using a guide. This was the first time I've really been stuck.

Well I'm going out of town for the weekend so maybe when I come back with fresh eyes it will hit me.

It's very easy,
drop down from where you are to the ground and take a look for a cave, which should be fairly close to where you are.

Go through the cave and you will have a ledge and go up the ledge turn around and use the ultra batclaw to pull the wall than the riddle trophie is there.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
There's no way to kill the
poison plants
right? Just got to them on hard and they were annoying enough before.

whatevermort said:
I also, incidentally, swear by Gotham Central, the best Batman series to not really feature Batman. Written by (best writer of comics currently working) Ed Brubaker, it's set amongst the Gotham PD, and features all your favourite villains in slightly more inventive than usual ways.
I really need to start buying the trades. That series always sounded awesome to me.

Lothars

Dan said:
poison plants

Do you mean the
Plants that spit out those poison balls if you do than you use the batarang to hit the balls than walk up to the plants and hit A and batman will punch the plant killing it.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Dan said:
poison plants

Sure there is. Get close enough and press A (or X for ps3). It's always best to wait a bit and hit the orbs with the triple batarang and strike after that

eshwaaz

Dan said:
poison plants

Do you mean the pods? When you move in close enough and they release 1 - 3 poison "orbs", nail all of them with your quick batarang (or double/triple batarang), then run up to the pod and press A (or X on PS3)

Dan

Oh. Well shit, thanks a bunch. I kept seeing
the info say the core needed to be destroyed and I assumed that meant whatever Ivy was directly tapping into
. That should make this playthrough go better.

Neiteio

netguy503 said:
OMG, only 95 pages for an official thread...GAF, you're slipping! :(
This thread is smaller because there aren't hundreds of posts arguing whether the game is great. Everyone agrees it is. :)

And wow, the video featurettes you can access via XMB are GREAT. If I recall correctly, there are three behind-the-scenes making-of-the-game documentaries at nearly eight minutes each, then five trailers of varying lengths. All games should have DVD-style bonus features like this. :)

Can't wait to get back into this game. I now have the Ultra Batclaw and am at the Titan fight with the enemies streaming out of the elevators.

Minamu

Can someone upload those videos or anything? My copy sure doesn't have any of that :(

Kard8p3 said:
Has anyone ever chose to quit after getting shot by the joker in the last scarecrow section? I wonder if anything would happen differently or if you'd just quit.
I tried it on hard. It doesn't do shit :( It just continues as if nothing happened.

Dave1988

Minamu said:
Can someone upload those videos or anything? My copy sure doesn't have any of that :(

Go to the Video section of the XMB to view it. If you bought the CE the trailers and vids are on the second disk.

Minamu

Dave1988 said:
Go to the Video section of the XMB to view it. If you bought the CE the trailers and vids are on the second disk.
No CE's in Sweden as far as I know :'( I thought the regular version had videos too in the states etc?

Red

Neiteio said:
Wow. You truly live, breathe and shit Arkham Asylum.

EDIT: You should've moved one of those poo-poo pebbles into place so you'd solve the riddle.
I thought about it.

Hope you guys had as much fun with this as I did making it.

hamchan

Just read the arkham asylum graphic novel.
They even Included the crazy writings of amadeus arkham in the game, written with his fingernails as he died. They even included the fact the room was quite hidden!

panda21

woah. i dont think even nsfw is enough warning for that.

they should totally put a batroid mode in this where it turns off all the handholding and story completely and you have to figure out where you can go next now you got a new tool. that only really comes into this for finding the riddler trophies.

i wonder what they will do for the sequel. could they set it on arkham again? its hard to see how they could use the same formula somewhere else while keeping the same engine.

Cipher

Darunia said:
Sure there is. Get close enough and press A (or X for ps3). It's always best to wait a bit and hit the orbs with the triple batarang and strike after that

I just crouch up to them to take them out quickly, since it seems they don't detect you or at least not as easily when crouched.

I'm not sure if i've posted in this thread yet or not (I was trying not to until I played it), and I just got up from a solid first 3 hours session with Arkham Asylum, so decided i'll come here and post my impressions... Instead I end up seeing a partial solution.

It cracked me up... what can I say, i've got a crappy sense of humor. ;-)

The game is absolutely amazing. I'm having some trouble with the riddler puzzles, but am not giving them too much attention... just going through the game slowly. I'm pretty bad at combos and counters, so only have two upgrades till now (i just got into the
medical facility
, trying to rescue
Gordon from Harley Quinn
), but one of them is inverted takedown, and that is the shit.

I did it to three goons from the same gargoyle (picked them off when they came to check up on their downed colleague)... so good! :lol :lol

whatevermort said:
I also, incidentally, swear by Gotham Central, the best Batman series to not really feature Batman. Written by (best writer of comics currently working) Ed Brubaker, it's set amongst the Gotham PD, and features all your favourite villains in slightly more inventive than usual ways.

WB were tossing between two concepts for a TV show. One was Gotham Central and one was Birds of Prey. Guess which won :'(

Minamu

Was anyone else a bit disappointed with what the riddler puzzles actually are? I was expecting having to answer quizes correctly & stuff, not stumbling over question mark trophies under trees or taking photos like I'm playing Pokémon Snap :lol . And they were way too easy as well. I hate having to search for hidden packages in GTA because it's too hard without a guide but AA was definitely on the other side of the spectrum for me. I only used a guide on 3 items out of 241, which is quite remarkable for me :lol

In short, I was expecting much more of a challenge from riddler. It's like he wasn't even trying :p

Kard8p3

Wow I finally finished all the challenge rooms and got my platinum trophy. Unlike my Prince of Persia platinum I actually feel accomplished with this one. Shock and awe extreme was incredibly hard for me but I found a tactic that worked for me and beat it. Then Rumble in the jungle extreme was actually easier now for me. I used the two titans at the end to get about 20,000 points and net me the win. Now I need a sequel so I can continue to feel like Batman.

Amir0x

Banned
Minamu said:
Was anyone else a bit disappointed with what the riddler puzzles actually are? I was expecting having to answer quizes correctly & stuff, not stumbling over question mark trophies under trees or taking photos like I'm playing Pokémon Snap :lol . And they were way too easy as well. I hate having to search for hidden packages in GTA because it's too hard without a guide but AA was definitely on the other side of the spectrum for me. I only used a guide on 3 items out of 241, which is quite remarkable for me :lol

In short, I was expecting much more of a challenge from riddler. It's like he wasn't even trying :p

Clearly, they used riddler as a way to manufacture some "collection" quest. To be fair as far as collection quests go, they were far more interesting than most other games of this type. But they also clearly did not live up to what Riddler should have been doing with his intellect.

Dizzy-4U

Got it yesterday and I'm loving it.

I must say that Croc is the most terrifying creature I've faced this generation. That dude really creeps me out. I hope I don't have to face him again =(

Amir0x

Banned
Dizzy-4U said:

I must say that Croc is the most terrifying creature I've faced this generation. That dude really creeps me out. I hope I don't have to face him again =(

Yeah I loved the whole Croc design. He also had the only moment in the game that made me jump... but I won't spoil that for you :p

AniHawk

...So I got a 40-hit combo while trying to go mano-a-mano with a beast. Got hit JUST as I hit the mark too.

Also hit 40k in Rumble in the Jungle Extreme.

Downhome

I wonder if they'll have the Riddler riddles in the next game, or if they'll come up with some other way to create collectibles.

Dizzy-4U said:

I thought croc was good except for his face. he looked goofy as hell.

Downhome

I loved the look of Croc, although I do fully admit that he reminded me at least faintly of the Koopas in the Mario Brothers movie. :lol

Dizzy-4U

Amir0x said:
Yeah I loved the whole Croc design. He also had the only moment in the game that made me jump... but I won't spoil that for you :p
Dammit! Now I don't feel like playing the game tonight =/

Cipher

Downhome said:
I wonder if they'll have the Riddler riddles in the next game, or if they'll come up with some other way to create collectibles.

I was kinda hoping The Riddler would be the mastermind of the next game.

V

Vilix

Unconfirmed Member
Crunched
Banned
(Today, 07:08 PM)
Reply | Quote

Thank you. That was totally uncalled for. Especially in this thread.

Anywho, this game has now put me in a mood to know everything I can about the Bat. I believe there were some suggested reading materials a few pages back. I'll go back and see what they are.

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
LiK said:
replaying the game on Hard on the PS3. def a lil tougher without those markers on the heads for the counters but not too bad. still got the 10 flow trophy with no problems. Bane fight was also not hard at all.

btw, there was one part where a thug was talking on the radio with the Joker. i listened to the whole thing the first time but this time i went after the thug and Joker actually responded on the radio! he said something like
"hello? anyone there? did Batman get you or the Croc? hey Croc, how's it going?"
or something like that, awesome lil detail :D

I have to try that.

I like the Riddler's riddles but I was hoping for more along the lines of this:

What is heavy backwards but forward it is not?

Maybe for the sequel There will be tougher riddles, maybe even cast the Riddler as the main bad guy.

Cipher

Gully State said:
Honestly I hope they go with
Warden Sharpe
as the main enemy next time around.

I can't remember if he's still the warden anymore. It seemed to me that after you figured out who he was he left the island and was leaving it to Batman to deal with. I could be very mistaken though.

Dan

God fucking damn. This battle with the Titan and the elevators is brutal on hard. I just can't win. It's virtually impossible not to be fighting on the second and third waves, but then the damn Titan always catches me with his charge or throw. I can evade all I want, but I'm just jumping over a henchman instead of diving across the room, and the Titan always adjusts his aim enough to cover for that. And then the room is small so I get pressed against the sides and can't see what's happening. Damnit.

Downhome

When he charges, even though tons of people are around you, quick throw a batarang anyway. It'll hit the Titan, and you'll jump out of the way when you evade. As for when he throws, as soon as he pulls back evade then and you'll jump out of the way since he'll just toss what he has where he was going to when he first pulled back.

Christopher

223b8b0ad6aeda01defea8895e86301e.gif

Man those last predator challenges....whoa.

Kard8p3

Christopher said:
223b8b0ad6aeda01defea8895e86301e.gif

Man those last predator challenges....whoa.

Yeah you have to think outside the box a bit for those. The plus side is you feel even more like batman after doing them. Anyway welcome to the Batman: Arkham Asylum platinum club.

Top Bottom