• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman Arkham City |OT| Smashin' Faces, Glidin' Places

Doomrider

3Eu2x.jpg

LosDaddie

Banned
oddworld18 said:
that's basically the halfway point. you've got plenty left.

bubnbob said:
Not even half way...

Really? Aw man....I'm trying to finish the game soon and trade it towards Zelda. I mean, I'm really enjoying Batman, just kinda want to get done with it, ya know?

Well, I
saved Vicky Vale
and went on my way to
get the cure from Joker
last night before I quit. It feels like I'm getting closer to the end.

So in New Game+, if you've already collected enough Riddler trophies to unlock all of the Enigma Conundrum, do all of those just unlock (in sequence, of course) as soon as you start the game rather than requiring you to collect anything to get them back? I'm finishing up my main game by running around and completing that stuff before I start NG+, so I'm curious to hear how that'll work.

LiK

badcrumble said:
So in New Game+, if you've already collected enough Riddler trophies to unlock all of the Enigma Conundrum, do all of those just unlock (in sequence, of course) as soon as you start the game rather than requiring you to collect anything to get them back? I'm finishing up my main game by running around and completing that stuff before I start NG+, so I'm curious to hear how that'll work.
No worries, you can jump between Main Game and NG+ whenever. They're different saves.

kodecraft

LosDaddie said:
Really? Aw man....I'm trying to finish the game soon and trade it towards Zelda. I mean, I'm really enjoying Batman, just kinda want to get done with it, ya know

?

Do you play games because you enjoy them or are they some kinda chore/workout for you?

Doomrider

badcrumble said:

Yup. Just go to the church to activate the Riddler's sidequest and you'll be able to solve every conundrum and save every hostage.

Doomrider said:
Yup. Just go to the church to activate the Riddler's sidequest and you'll be able to solve every conundrum and save every hostage.
Awesome, thanks! I'm gonna try to get every single Riddler trophy before starting NG+, but I'm also pretty turned off by the ones that make you fly into multiple walls and spring off of them.

LosDaddie

Banned
kodecraft said:
?

Do you play games because you enjoy them or are they some kinda chore/workout for you?

For enjoyment, always.

Nov & Dec get kinda hectic with all the AAA/blockbuster games coming out one after another. So, if I finish Batman before the 15th, GS will give $33 trade-in value towards Zelda. Just....trying not to have too big of a backlog, ya know?

How many hours do you think I have left of the main story? I'm not really concerned with Riddler trophies because collecting 400 of them would probably drive me crazy. I just collect the trophies I can, and do the other side missions when I come up on them.

LiK

badcrumble said:
Awesome, thanks! I'm gonna try to get every single Riddler trophy before starting NG+, but I'm also pretty turned off by the ones that make you fly into multiple walls and spring off of them.
Remote Batarang ones were pretty annoying as well.

Doomrider

badcrumble said:
Don't you need all of the trophies and riddles to be able to finish the side-quest? I'm not sure, but I think so. I had all of them when I started NG+. Regarding those, yeah, I remember having trouble with a couple of them...

Make sure to always jump and glide from the highest possible point, and, I'm not sure if it works (my memory sucks), but, after touching the first pad, you could try using the grapple boost to gain some altitude, improving maneuverability and giving you an easier time landing on the next pad. As long as you don't land on any surface or get too far away from the riddle zone, it should be fine!

Don't take my word for it, though =P

LiK

Doomrider said:
Don't you need all of the trophies and riddles to be able to finish the side-quest? I'm not sure, but I think so. I had all of them when I started NG+. Regarding those, yeah, I remember having trouble with a couple of them...

Make sure to always jump and glide from the highest possible point, and, I'm not sure if it works (my memory sucks), but, after touching the first pad, you could try using the grapple boost to gain some altitude, improving maneuverability and giving you an easier time landing on the next pad. As long as you don't land on any surface or get too far away from the riddle zone, it should be fine!

Don't take my word for it, though =P
Jumping pad ones were pretty easy. Just land on one and if you turn around immediately and jump off there should be no problem reaching the other one.

LiK said:
Remote Batarang ones were pretty annoying as well.
I don't mind those whatsoever because at least you've got a lot more control over those. The flying ones are all about getting the right camera angle in about the half second you've got before you spring off the wall.

Doomrider

LiK said:
Jumping pad ones were pretty easy. Just land on one and if you turn around immediately and jump off there should be no problem reaching the other one.
I remember having a bit of trouble with the one in the chimneys and one other with six red pads directly under the green pad, but yeah, nothing tooooo difficult.

I was just trying to help ._.

LiK

Doomrider said:
I remember having a bit of trouble with the one in the chimneys and one other with six red pads directly under the green pad, but yeah, nothing tooooo difficult.

I was just trying to help ._.
Just posting my experience. ;)

LiK

Frogfucious said:
I put so many hours straight into this game my ps3 finally gave up and died... too much awesomeness to handle.
My playtime is 51 hours and I didnt even play NG+ yet :3

Doomrider

LiK said:
My playtime is 51 hours and I didnt even play NG+ yet :3

How do you guys keep track of your playtime? I would love to know how much time I've spent on the game... Is it an X360 dashboard feature or something? PS3 here.

And that's pretty damn impressive. Have you done all the challenges?

LiK

Doomrider said:
How do you guys track your playtime? I would love to know how much time I've spent on the game... Is it an X360 dashboard feature or something? PS3 here.

And that's pretty damn impressive. Have you done all the challenges?
I use Raptr and it auto tracks my 360 playtime.

I completed all Batman sidequests and Combat challenges plus Predator regular challenges. Predator Extreme ver still not done yet. So hard.

Doomrider

LiK said:

I completed all Batman sidequests and Combat challenges plus Predator regular challenges. Predator Extreme ver still not done yet. So hard.
Ooooh, I see. Thanks.

I still haven't gathered the courage to go back to the game and do the predator extreme maps on campaign mode. I've completed all the regular ones, but campaign mode is gonna be really hard. Limited retries and stupid modifiers? Why, that sounds fun indeed.

LosDaddie

Banned
LiK said:

Damn, dude. That's some dedication.

LiK

Doomrider said:
Ooooh, I see. Thanks.

I still haven't gathered the courage to go back to the game and do the predator extreme maps on campaign mode. I've completed all the regular ones, but campaign mode is gonna be really hard. Limited retries and stupid modifiers? Why, that sounds fun indeed.

yea, haven't bothered with the Campaign challenges. Seems like a pain. I'll probably use a guide for the best modifiers to use just to get through it.

LosDaddie said:
Damn, dude. That's some dedication.

I 1000ed and Platinumed Asylum. Trying to do the same for City except only on 360 for now. ;) Thankfully, the Combat challenges in City are way easier than Asylum. No Shock and Awe timer BS so it was fairly smooth getting all medals.

scitek

LiK said:
I 1000ed and Platinumed Asylum. Trying to do the same for City except only on 360 for now. ;) Thankfully, the Combat challenges in City are way easier than Asylum. No Shock and Awe timer BS so it was fairly smooth getting all medals.

Hoooly shit. I was trying for all achievements on PC, then hit this roadblock. Fuck that noise. I can't even complete the fucking challenge.

LiK

scitek said:
Hoooly shit. I was trying for all achievements on PC, then hit this roadblock. Fuck that noise. I can't even complete the fucking challenge.
Haha, you have no idea how much I raged on on Shock and Awe. My last cheevo and trophy in Asylum. So many retries...

Curufinwe

doktorpeace said:
I appreciate the lack of a gimme button prompt, but I just spent an hour trying to figure out how to enter a certain building after forgetting that Batman could slide.

I forgot he could slide, too, so I spent an hour trying to fly into that building from the back.

overcast

I don't know the exact playtime, but if I had to guess it's probably 40-45 hours. I did everything besides NG+ so far. Haven't even started that, going to wait until I beat Skyrim and Skyward Sword. GOTY.

Main game and NG+ 100%ed, all Batman challenges/campaigns done and about halfway through challenges (no campaigns yet) for Catwoman and Nightwing.
I'd say it's taken me somewhere between 50 and 60 hours so far.

Probably 50 hours just to 100% Batman.

edit: NG+ and all its sidequests didn't take me more than 10 hours. I lucked out on the AR training missions though, they could have taken way longer.

Agent_J

finally beat the game last night :) so so good! tried out new game, but it is far too difficult without the counter prompts. i still have more than 200 riddler challenges to go though :(

and the second deadshot victim is pissing me off! he is nowhere to be found!

slick7rick said:
finally beat the game last night :) so so good! tried out new gamebitty is far too difficult without the counter prompts. i still have more than 200 riddler challenges to go though :(

and the second deadshot victim is pissing me off! he is nowhere to be found!

I found him
on the bridge on the east side of the map, detective mode helps.

Agent_J

DualShadow said:
I found him
on the bridge on the east side of the map, detective mode helps.
dude! i've spend the whole game searching haha so i'll try your spot when i play tonight after work.

Ricky_R

Hey guys...

I will get Batman AC soon for the PS3. I want to know how it compares to the 360 version overall, but specially in performance.

Thanks.

Mifune

Mehmber
slick7rick said:
dude! i've spend the whole game searching haha so i'll try your spot when i play tonight after work.

I must have spent over an hour exploring the zone marked on the map. Finally I gave in and looked up the body's location.

Rattles

Ricky_R said:
Hey guys...

I will get Batman AC soon for the PS3. I want to know how it compares to the 360 version overall, but specially in performance.

Thanks.
The good news is that both Xbox 360 and PlayStation games come highly recommended, and the graphical differences have no meaningful impact on either the overall look of the game or the gameplay. The frame-rate drops, although more noticeable on the PS3 aren't exactly a big deal and the additional tearing we see on the Sony platform didn't affect our enjoyment of the game. Rocksteady has done a fantastic job at delivering a solid cross-platform title; one which combines some impressive visuals with stellar gameplay, a great story and more.
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-batman-arkham-city-face-off

Ricky_R

Rattles said:
The good news is that both Xbox 360 and PlayStation games come highly recommended, and the graphical differences have no meaningful impact on either the overall look of the game or the gameplay. The frame-rate drops, although more noticeable on the PS3 aren't exactly a big deal and the additional tearing we see on the Sony platform didn't affect our enjoyment of the game. Rocksteady has done a fantastic job at delivering a solid cross-platform title; one which combines some impressive visuals with stellar gameplay, a great story and more.
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-batman-arkham-city-face-off

K thanks.. I played AA on the 360 and it ran well, so I was wondering how well this one runs on the PS3 considering it uses UE and I have to buy the PS3 version.

malfcn

Will a green guy pop up again in the museum? I interrogated him, but thought it saved. Reloaded later and had to do it again and didn't re-interrogate him.

Dunbar

After completing the Batman/Catwoman main storyline, does it dump you back into the game to mess around with the sidequests? That makes me a lot more likely to just beat the main story now, then double back to do extra stuff once I have beat a few other fall games.

LiK

Dunbar said:
After completing the Batman/Catwoman main storyline, does it dump you back into the game to mess around with the sidequests? That makes me a lot more likely to just beat the main story now, then double back to do extra stuff once I have beat a few other fall games.
Yup, all sidequests are available after main story.

Top Bottom