• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman Arkham City |OT| Smashin' Faces, Glidin' Places

Darklord

Banned
SmithnCo said:
So is there any new info about the supposed Catwoman skins?

These?

f96ci.jpg

8JyAp.jpg

Looks like I may be playing this game on Monday! :D

My Walmart.com order is already at my city. I imagine it'll go out for delivery on Monday morning!

Doomrider

Sn4ke_911 said:
I guess that's not spoiler free right?

The video review? It's best if you don't watch it... Shows a few places, situations and such. The gameplay vid is alright, it's just a combat challenge room.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Doomrider said:
The video review? It's best if you don't watch it... Shows a few places, situations and such. The gameplay vid is alright, it's just a combat challenge room.

Ok, thanks man.

Darklord said:
It's completely spoiler free. They're good with that stuff, unlike GT.

Hm... i watched the GT review and the spoiler level was surprisingly low.

Doomrider

Sn4ke_911 said:
Ok, thanks man.

Hm... i watched the GT review and the spoiler level was surprisingly low.

Hmm, well, if you thought the GT review was low on spoilers, you probably won't mind the GB review.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Doomrider said:
Hmm, well, if you thought the GT review was low on spoilers, you probably won't mind the GB review.

Yeah i watched it, it was ok.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Amir0x said:
Devil May Cry has a better melee combat system, Bayonetta has a better melee combat system, hell even God of War has a deeper and more layered melee combat system. I am even tempted to say El Shaddai has a better one.

Batman's combat system LOOKS cool as hell and it is fun in its own way, but it really is quite shallow. And yes, I beat all the challenge rooms and know the ins and outs of high comboing, it's just not particularly deep is all compared to the true kings of the melee combat genre.

And I say this as someone who LOVES Arkham Asylum and cannot wait to get Arkham City.

I was just wondering what you were thinking about... wasn't implying you were wrong or anything.

I've never really liked those other games so that's probably why they didn't come to mind when I was trying to think of something better than Batman AA. Only thing I could come up with was Mark of Kri (lol) and that's probably just nostalgia talking.

kaskade

Are all the batman costumes unlockable in the game? I keep hearing they are preorder but it really only seems that way for Europe.

masterkajo

Will the retail copy of B:AC be registreable on steam? Or will I have to buy it directly on steam when it will become available?

Weenerz

Banned
masterkajo said:
Will the retail copy of B:AC be registreable on steam? Or will I have to buy it directly on steam when it will become available?

Directly from Steam, unless you buy a video card with a voucher.

kaskade

abundant said:
They are. Will be released on December 6th for $5. This pack includes every alt skin, including the Sinestro Corps skin.
Ok, thanks for clearing that up. 5 bucks doesn't seem terrible even though costumes are supposed to be the cool thing you unlock by doing things in the game, like Red Dead.

LProtag

Amazon has release day shipping again. If you ordered it and didn't get it, cancel and get it. If you want to preorder do it now because who knows if it'll go away again.

abundant

InsertNameHere said:
Amazon has release day shipping again. If you ordered it and didn't get it, cancel and get it. If you want to preorder do it now because who knows if it'll go away again.

It seems to be a glitch or something, because the option for RDS isn't available for me. It wasn't up a few days ago, then it was up briefly yesterday, then gone. Good thing I pre ordered last month.

Ephemeris

abundant said:
It seems to be a glitch or something, because the option for RDS isn't available for me. It wasn't up a few days ago, then it was up briefly yesterday, then gone. Good thing I pre ordered last month.
Shows up for me

Amir0x said:
Arkham City panel at NYCC this morning confirmed this game is going to be epic.

Guy estimated 30 hours playthrough time for the average gamer minus considering sidequests.

It's really amazing how this 'relative unknown' Rocksteady has gone and embarrassed the entire licensed game industry in two titles, singlehandedly putting the lie to the idea that these games have to be throwaway affairs.

Amazing shit.

It stills amazes me when people scream that people don't give new IP's a chance, they ignore batman.

This game when first announced had every reason to suck but yet somehow, by staying extremely close to the source material, being creative as hell, but yet never forgetting this is a Videogame and making sure every gameplay mechanic is extremely soild, rocksteady have manage to amaze, not once, but twice.

I'm not even a batman fan and I can see that AA was a amazing videogame. From what I can see of AC, it's going to be that but 10 times better. I didn't buy AC at launch and I won't here, but I'm definitely going to pick it up. The spolier first hour sold it to me even more.

You can see where all the talent of the former argonant games went. This is why rockstedy goes from strength to stength and ninja theory cant seem to catch a break.

kunonabi

Just watched the Gametrailers review
So the game doesn't take place in Gotham? WTH? Sure the name is no longer painfully stupid but I have to admit it seems like a cop out to me.

This was also the first time I heard Harley. They changed her voice? Was there an actual reason for this? It's not as good as the original but not a game breaker by any means.

The rest of the game looks like a significant improvement though. I'll rent it and I might actually buy it if the they fix the stealth system and improve the writing. Combat still looks pretty dull but I can live with it if the rest of the game is as good as it looks.

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
kunonabi said:
So the game doesn't take place in Gotham? WTH? Sure the name is no longer painfully stupid but I have to admit it seems like a cop out to me.
Arkham is in the middle of Gotham.

RoboPlato said:
It'll be nice to get some PS3 impressions. I've only seen 360 so far.

I´m not tech guy and don´t know shit about AA or that kind of things, but so far I noticed some shadow pixel things like in dead space in one place so far.....

kunonabi said:

This was also the first time I heard Harley. They changed her voice? Was there an actual reason for this? It's not as good as the original but not a game breaker by any means.

The rest of the game looks like a significant improvement though. I'll rent it and I might actually buy it if the they fix the stealth system and improve the writing. Combat still looks pretty dull but I can live with it if the rest of the game is as good as it looks.
Arkham City is a seedy section of Gotham that was sectioned off to house the criminals in the wake of the destruction wreaked on Arkham Asylum during the first game. There are apparently some comics that explain how all this happened more fully.

Ephemeris

kunonabi said:

You took media blackout to another level.

RPGCrazied

lolez2matt said:
I´m not tech guy and don´t know shit about AA or that kind of things, but so far I noticed some shadow pixel things like in dead space in one place so far.....

Any screen tearing?

Top Bottom