• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman Arkham City |OT| Smashin' Faces, Glidin' Places

Jintor

JaseC said:
Although I can understand why they were removed (who would leave recordings lying around a city?), their omission is nonetheless unfortunate as the epitaphs provided additional purpose beyond "Collect this shit for achievements" - they offered fascinating insight into each character's descent into incurable madness.

They're still there, but in a different form, I think... at least, I know PR or previews said they were around... they might be tied into the Riddler challenges... I know a few characters have them as part of their quests...

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Jintor said:
They're still there, but in a different form, I think... at least, I know PR or previews said they were around... they might be tied into the Riddler challenges... I know a few characters have them as part of their quests...

Oh, that's comforting. :) Few is better than none!

Fjordson

BrassMonkey1010 said:
Anybody looking for release day shipping, it is back up now! I just preordered, now I don't have to drive out to kmart Tuesday!!!
Hell yes. Thanks for the heads up!

And for anyone without Amazon Prime, don't fret. Only 99 cents for release-day shipping right now.

Ephemeris

batman_serious.jpg

Soon.. Soon..

Doomrider

Ephemeris said:
batman_serious.jpg

Soon.. Soon..

I....... prefer wall-of-muscle Batman, myself.

Please don't hit me.

But yes, the day is almost upon us!

Messi said:
i thought they were in there? or they released them in the build up to the game.

can someone link to them if they are not in the game but they were promo stuff. id love to hear them.

So did I... I mean, I still do.

They're linked in the OP. Click the villain pics!

Messi

Solo said:
The psychiatrist/inmate tapes?

i thought they were in there? or they released them in the build up to the game.

can someone link to them if they are not in the game but they were promo stuff. id love to hear them.

Doomrider said:
Non-spoilery link, pretty please?

Here is what I got. hopefully my link starts 7.19 in so you can just see the effect. might want to mute your volume if you want 0 spoilers... it just has some goons talking about batman stuff.

if I did the URL wrong or it jumps to the start you might want to to leave it

http://youtu.be/3zIfragUWus?t=7m19s

but you can see the god ray thing happening pretty clearly.

Doomrider

funkystudent said:
Here is what I got. hopefully my link starts 7.19 in so you can just see the effect. might want to mute your volume if you want 0 spoilers... it just has some goons talking about batman stuff.

if I did the URL wrong or it jumps to the start you might want to to leave it

http://youtu.be/3zIfragUWus?t=7m19s

but you can see the god ray thing happening pretty clearly.

Beautiful <3

Thank you so much!

Solo

funkystudent said:
after watching some youtube videos of the ps3 version I am happy to report that it does have the god rays coming from the moon thing.

What the hell does this mean?

Amir0x

Banned
somebody had the most amazing Arkham Batman costume ever today. Movie grade. I thought he must have worked for Rocksteady/Warner Bros., but he said he made it himself. It looked better than Christopher Nolan's movie batman.

Best costume of NYCC 2011 period.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Amir0x said:
somebody had the most amazing Arkham Batman costume ever today. Movie grade. I thought he must have worked for Rocksteady/Warner Bros., but he said he made it himself. It looked better than Christopher Nolan's movie batman.

Best costume of NYCC 2011 period.

No picture? I'm super curious....

Is there a challenge room like Sewer Bat Extreme in AA, that just throws a ton of enemies at you at once to fight(hopefully more than sewer bat extreme)? That was my favorite part about AA, playing that challenge room and getting 80+ hit combos and going for insane high scores. Please tell me there is....

Amir0x

Banned
Evolved1 said:
No picture? I'm super curious....

no, at the time my fiancee had the camera filming the fucking Just Dance 3 dancers :/

Edit: My bad, she just corrected me and said "Black Eyed Peas Experience dancers". Much better! -_-

Darkshier said:
Is there a challenge room like Sewer Bat Extreme in AA, that just throws a ton of enemies at you at once to fight(hopefully more than sewer bat extreme)? That was my favorite part about AA, playing that challenge room and getting 80+ hit combos and going for insane high scores. Please tell me there is....
There are several such challenge rooms:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GmDNVlBm4OA
http://www.youtube.com/user/GamingP0rtal#p/u/2/soV5QfnVPPI
http://www.youtube.com/user/GamingP0rtal#p/u/3/ho7faefXLVA

Jintor

I hope there's an infinite combat generator in there somewhere. Arkham Asylum had a great one but fucked it up by putting those damn lunatic goons in there.

InertiaXr said:
AA seemed to be about a 8-10 hour game. AC will probably be around 12-14, going off of what is available on the internet as of now.
Sounds about right. 7 hours in. 50% done story. 20% done everything.

I love some of the minor improvements they made. Like (minor spoilers):
ability to shoot line launcher twice; or the fact that you can slide
Also all the additional moves in combat make it so much more rewarding.

Arrrrgghhhh...checked my Walmart order and it finally landed in my city but says "Package not due for delivery". Bastards are gonna hold out on me until Tuesday?

Where is Batman when you need him. ;_;

Sober

FantasticMrFoxdie said:
Finally nice to see someone playing like the Goddam Batman!!!!
Wasn't the best but I was glad they didn't use too many of the new gadgets and spoiled them. At least basic strikes and counters and such have waaaaay more animations this time around.

DevelopmentArrested said:
Sounds about right. 7 hours in. 50% done story. 20% done everything.

I love some of the minor improvements they made. Like (minor spoilers):
ability to shoot line launcher twice; or the fact that you can slide
Also all the additional moves in combat make it so much more rewarding.

Is there anywhere to check your time played in this game? I'm about 54% done the story (20% done everything) and I feel like I've only played about 5 hours.

JJD

I always thought it was funny in AA that Bats had a "spider-sense" at the moment of a counter in a fight...

It's going to be a excrutiating pain in the ass waiting almost a month after release for my steel case version of AC to arrive... :-(

Fjordson

Fuuck. Sat in on my friend playing his copy that he snagged early. Game looks beautiful, especially the city outside. Rocksteady's crafted a really cool environment.

What I've seen indoors is no slouch either. So much detail everywhere, it's crazy. Tuesday seems so far away =(

Sober said:
Wasn't the best but I was glad they didn't use too many of the new gadgets and spoiled them. At least basic strikes and counters and such have waaaaay more animations this time around.
Far better than the few others I have watched. He keeps it simple, but even with that it looks like there are some nice new additions such as the double counter and the sword-wielding enemies. I also like the counters that use the environment. Slamming people into walls and even running up the walls in the Blind Justice 1970s outfit video looks fucking awesome.

I'm personally more of a variation bonus guy. I push myself to use all of the different gadgets as much as possible, and things like the batclaw pull strike and combat explosive gel look sweet. There are also things used in the videos that I don't even know what they are. I love how much variety they've added to it. Much to my pleasant surprise, it looks like they've gotten rid of some of the slower-animating attacks that you would randomly perform in the first game. I hated when you would do those and end up taking a punch to the face because they take longer to land.

Luthos

Ugh I'm doing it again. So close to release, but I'm trying to find some game to pass the time for a few more days. I'm sticking in game after game, but nothing keeps my interest. =(

I need this game.

DrBo42

Luthos said:
Ugh I'm doing it again. So close to release, but I'm trying to find some game to pass the time for a few more days. I'm sticking in game after game, but nothing keeps my interest. =(

I need this game.

Arkham Asylum.

Luthos

DrBo42 said:
Arkham Asylum.
Some people play previous entries when a sequel comes out, but i don't for some reason. I want it to feel somewhat fresh. Maybe months beforehand, but not a week or days. Plus I already 100% it.

DrBo42

Luthos said:
Some people play previous entries when a sequel comes out, but i don't for some reason. I want it to feel somewhat fresh. Maybe months beforehand, but not a week or days. Plus I already 100% it.
League of Legends? It's free and dope.

Jintor

Angelus Errare said:
So with Catwoman only having 4 story sequences, is she allowed to free roam through the city? If so anyone have videos of her getting around?

They have character swap points, yeah. (They're cats)

KingK

Angelus Errare said:
So with Catwoman only having 4 story sequences, is she allowed to free roam through the city? If so anyone have videos of her getting around?

I assume so. In the GT review, they said there are some Riddler trophies that can only be picked up by Catwoman.

overcast

Luthos said:

I need this game.
Yeah, I just beat Infamous. I don't want to start Uncharted 2 so I'm stuck waiting. Tomorrow should be easy cause of football. Monday will be a grind.. Guess I'll do some HW. *grumble*

kiryani

I've gone 100% complete media blackout on this game, I know nothing about it whatsoever,and my friend just text me a spoiler.

Real cool, Bob. Real fucking cool.

Jintor

kiryani said:
I've gone 100% complete media blackout on this game, I know nothing about it whatsoever,and my friend just text me a spoiler.

Real cool, Bob. Real fucking cool.

He's not your friend.

Top Bottom