• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman Arkham City |OT| Smashin' Faces, Glidin' Places

Ephemeris

Totobeni said:
Yeah..yet for some reasons Christian Bale voice is now the Batman voice in my head when I read batman comics :(
baby_laugh_scare48o9.gif

RPGCrazied said:
Are you out flying around the city? I didn't notice in AA on the PS3, except for when I was exploring in outdoor areas.

It´s not easy to fly like in the videos, or I´m doing something wrong... And about the AA I will take a more detailed look later

funkystudent said:
is that snazzy god ray effect coming from the moon in the ps3 version?

I will check it when my cousins stop playing dark souls.

kunonabi

Massive Nights said:
Let's just hope he doesn't he doesn't phone it in then, like he did in the first game.
Dead god, I thought I was the only one who noticed that.

Are those the only two catwoman alts? The only catwoman costume I ever liked was Batman Returns.

Just learned about the $30 K-Mart coupon.

The end of the year is going to be crazy, I hope there are tons of deals like that. Can't wait!

DrBo42

lolez2matt said:
I will check it when my ps3 is free from my cousins....

Any picture or video to check about the moon gold ray to check???
What are people going on about? Is this something the 360 version isn't doing?

Vol5 said:
cant tell... it sort of looks like it might be there... cant tell for sure.

its not super important but the effect looks cool and its been in a lot of the trailers and its normally dropped in ps3 versions of UE3 games.

DrBo42 said:
What are people going on about? Is this something the 360 version isn't doing?
its something the 360 version of Unreal does and has been doing for about 2 years that the ps3 version doesnt.

here is a look at the effect.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hVGCdDFqjkI

Normally in ps3 versions of games that will be missing (look at bulletstorm where alot of the games levels where designed around the effect but they just replaced it with some nasty bloom that didnt work nearly as well)

Epic might have finally added it into the ps3 version of the engine since the effect was in the ps3 version of Shadows of the damned.

Derrick01

Banned
PC gamers, rejoice...or something. According to the community manager the date will be revealed in a statement on Tuesday or Wednesday, with specs coming on the 21-22

Hi all,

For PC gamers we expect the full release date to go out Tuesday or Wednesday this week, this will also include an answer about how you get DLC.

System specs will be around 21st 22nd October.

I know this is alot later than some of you expected to hear but we wanted to ensure we could give you firm details and answer your questions.

SarahMay

http://community.batmanarkhamcity.com/forums/showthread.php/5940-Hot-Topic-2-PC

edit: Maybe I'm being paranoid but the way she said "how you get dlc" makes me think they might not put this on Steam after all due to those DLC issues some publishers are having.

MasterShotgun

brazen editing lynx
Well that sort of confirms DLC. I may not care about most of the skins, but I would love to play as Robin and Nightwing.

Also, I bet the November 8th release will turn out to be true

Derrick01 said:
edit: Maybe I'm being paranoid but the way she said "how you get dlc" makes me think they might not put this on Steam after all due to those DLC issues some publishers are having.
I don't know. Having the Nvidia promotion that gives a Steam code for Arkham City, and then turning around and not releasing it on Steam would be fucking stupid. Plus that would deny them a lot of sales. I know the DLC issues are an apparent issue, but I think they worked something out to keep the Steam release. It is odd that the game hasn't shown up in the Steam store at all yet, even if just to let others know it is "Coming Soon".

Sober

Derrick01 said:
PC gamers, rejoice...or something. According to the community manager the date will be revealed in a statement on Tuesday or Wednesday, with specs coming on the 21-22

Can you even have "used" GFWL games? I thought you had to plug the CD-key into your GFWL account when signing in ... so I hope that gets rid of the Catwoman problem on the PC version. I don't think I'd mind the other challenge map character DLC either unless they decide the hike the price up to kingdom come.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
RPGCrazied said:
So, is there a quest log or tracker, or is there not that many side missions to warrant one?

Press tab, or the controller equivalent.

Edit: Uh, sorry, I thought this was the Rage thread. Damn you, tabbed browsing!

DrBo42

funkystudent said:
cant tell... it sort of looks like it might be there... cant tell for sure.

its not super important but the effect looks cool and its been in a lot of the trailers and its normally dropped in ps3 versions of UE3 games.

its something the 360 version of Unreal does and has been doing for about 2 years that the ps3 version doesnt.

here is a look at the effect.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hVGCdDFqjkI

Normally in ps3 versions of games that will be missing (look at bulletstorm where alot of the games levels where designed around the effect but they just replaced it with some nasty bloom that didnt work nearly as well)

Epic might have finally added it into the ps3 version of the engine since the effect was in the ps3 version of Shadows of the damned.

Ah, interesting.

sophora

Maybe I should get it this week after all. After watching that 1970s Batsuit gameplay it's sort of making me lean that way.

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
Just as the first, this game is incredibly tightly designed. Everything flows together seamlessly. So seamlessly that you don't notice unless you pull the menu. The first game, it was the combat/predator/detective stuff. Now, it is that on top of the sidequest and main quest objectives. it all comes togetherlike... how it would be, I guess.. not overly gamey. Anyone that has played it will knnow what I'm talking about.

S1kkZ

finished it.
fantastic game and easily my goty. i dont know how long it took me, but i would say about 10 hours. i didnt do all sidemissions (still 70% left) and i didnt even start the challenge maps.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
DevelopmentArrested said:
5 hours in now.
Loving it. Only thing is I wish they didn't get rid of collectable voice messages

Although I can understand why they were removed (who would leave recordings lying around a city?), their omission is nonetheless unfortunate as the epitaphs provided additional purpose beyond "Collect this shit for achievements" - they offered fascinating insight into each character's descent into incurable madness.

Sober

krameriffic said:
That's why we play it on PC with a mouse to control the camera.
You have plenty of time inbetween moves to move the camera with the right stick and not break the combo timer regardless.

I really hope more conclusive evidence about the disparity between 360 and PS3 surfaces soon so I can decide what I'm going to play the game on.

S1kkZ said:
finished it.
fantastic game and easily my goty. i dont know how long it took me, but i would say about 10 hours. i didnt do all sidemissions (still 70% left) and i didnt even start the challenge maps.

Does anything unlock like batman skins after completing?

RPGCrazied

I could've sworn they said this game would be longer in the story department then 10-12 hours. It seems about the same length as AA? Just more optionable stuff to do.

overcast

S1kkZ said:
finished it.
Only 10 hours? I expected longer definitely. After people said it was 25 hours easily, up to 50.

S1kkZ

overcast said:
Only 10 hours? I expected longer definitely. After people said it was 25 hours easily, up to 50.
like i said, i dont really know how long it took me (the game doesnt keep track of it). its long enough and longer than aa. and there is still a ton of sidemissions (which all tie into the story) left for me. the 50 hours thing is true if you want to do everything (including the challenge rooms)

Melchiah

I was wondering whether to buy the game from Amazon or here in Finland. The upside in the former is, that the game is about 15€ cheaper + I'd get the steelbook edition. The downside might be, if Amazon posts their orders on the release date. Or do they post them so, that the customer recieves them on the proper date? Some companies seem to do so over here. Because if it's going to be a week long wait, I'm definitely going to buy the more expensive and worse looking local version.

overcast

S1kkZ said:
like i said, i dont really know how long it took me (the game doesnt keep track of it). its long enough and longer than aa. and there is still a ton of sidemissions (which all tie into the story) left for me. the 50 hours thing is true if you want to do everything (including the challenge rooms)
Ah okay, I figured they meant total time. That's good enough for me, since I felt AA was perfect length wise.

InertiaXr

Length from any individual or group of people rarely matters or is representative of the truth, especially before the game is actually out. Nearly everybody plays videogames at different speeds and rates, and the times reported so far will probably be on the short-end if anything, because people are trying to push through it quick enough so they can get their review out, etc.

AA seemed to be about a 8-10 hour game. AC will probably be around 12-14, going off of what is available on the internet as of now.

Doomrider

Ephemeris said:
Avoided all the other videos. Couldn't resist this one.

I'm sorry =P

You're lucky, I've spoiled myself on a few important bits already (a matter of seconds, but the harm's done).

Also, there's a PRETTY big plot point spoiled on the launch trailer (not completely unexpected, but still), even if you have to be paying close attention to notice it.

Jintor

Derrick01 said:

fucking announcements of announcements...

Top Bottom