• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman: Arkham Knight |OT| Protect Gotham Racing

I just tried with my PS4 controller, i didn't work either. :(

Uh, wow. There'd better be an option or something somewhere -- there's no way I'm playing this with a mouse+keyboard.

EDIT: Steam still lists it as having full controller support, so it probably just needs to be launched through Big Picture.

Sullichin

Game unlocked...I can't get my 360 gamepad to work and when I went into the settings, it showed PS4 face buttons...weird for a PC game. :p

Wonder if the PS4 controller works natively.

Yes!!!

Start the game in Big Picture Mode without scpserver/dsinput/whatever running, and the game works with the PS4 controller, showing PS button prompts!

FlyVPN is working for me, it's decrypting now. I chose the Italian IP for the free one hadn't had Steam running since I booted my PC again a few hours ago and it started fine.

I was going to go out and get pizza while it was decrypting but at the rate it's going it might be finished before I even pick it up and take the ~10 minute drive back.

OK I have come out of the game having just started the 'city section'. Don't mean to dampen expectations but graphically so far this if pretty disappointing. Textures seem very basic. City seems vast but sparce detail and extensive use of colour blur locations. I will not use the word 'downgrade' but this is nothing like E3.

Smart intro however.

Working off 1080p with all settings to high (GTX 908ti)

Skunkers

That's disconcerting; I'm not about to play this with mouse and keyboard.

Oh, and FlyVPN is definitely not working for me and I've followed the steps suggested in this thread (also done it with basically all of the games I've bought on PC over the last few years). Client booted, connected, open Steam, log in, game still locked.

Same here... =(

OK I have come out of the game having just started the 'city section'. Don't mean to dampen expectations but graphically so far this if pretty disappointing. Textures seem very basic. City seems vast but sparce detail and extensive use of colour blur locations. I will not use the word 'downgrade' but this is nothing like E3.

Smart intro however.

Working off 1080p with all settings to high (GTX 908ti)

Shouldda payed for the extra 72 Ti's.

Holy shit downloading now. Thank god amazon uk gave us poor LE preordering shmucks a code. Gonna leave it on overnight so I can get some rest.

Nete

45 minutes decrypting, still ~20% left. I swear this is the last time I preload a game on Steam. It would have been quicker to just wait until launch and donwload it.

0yhPPHu.png

Is this legit? Source?

Best Buy is selling the game at Midnight ET across the country, at select stores. So you can buy it at Midnight ET on the East Coast, or 9pm PT on the West Coast.

Its in the middle of this page, on the right! That is also where you check if your store is having the launch tonight.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Games-P...ht/pcmcat325600050001.c?id=pcmcat325600050001
Find out which Best Buy stores are opening late night on Monday, June 22, to sell Batman: Arkham Knight as soon as it's available. Store opening times: 9:01 p.m. PT, 10:01 p.m. MT, 11:01 p.m. CT, 12:01 a.m. Tuesday morning ET.

Ephemeris

From the OT description:

"The Goddamn Batman is also capable of disarming enemies wielding items like baseball bats and using the acquired weapon on several foes before it breaks."

As a Frank Miller fan, that was a great shout out.

Can't wait to read everyone's impressions. I was lucky to get the game over the weekend. It lives up to the hype.

haha : D I put little nuggets like that in there. Love it when people pick up on that stuff.

ktroopa

ok so i should have the premium edition installed, but under season pass i cannot see harlley or any dlc content. is that right?

45 minutes decrypting, still ~20% left. I swear this is the last time I preload a game on Steam. It would have been faster to just wait until launch and donwload it.

0yhPPHu.png

That's the nature of decrypting. It's made worse if you don't have a fast hdd as well I'm told.
It's hard to really tell what I'm looking at with that pic, but did you VPN and then start the D/l for the WHOLE game or just the bits needed for the decryption and your just being impatient with the decryption part?

Simo

More like you couldn't turn those channels on without those videos already playing amirite?

Pretty much. LOL They were constantly playing all day but usually it was always a good chance to see footage from the movie. lol

Gamersyde videos of XONE version are up, it looks fantastic, thank you blimblim.
http://www.gamersyde.com/news_our_xb1_videos_of_batman_ak-16773_en.html

Whoa. I like the inclusion of the Batmobile and puzzle solving in one of those videos.

What? Source is a phone call I made to Best Buy and confirmed it. I'm in Southern California, so it's possible it may be on an individual store basis, but some are definitely doing it.

I posted the link above where you can check if your store is selling it at Midnight ET/ 9pm PT.

But you are right, they are selling it at select stores tonight at 9pm PT.

About 50 minutes in. Man the combat in this game is far better than Origins, I never really appreciated how much better Rocksteady are at that. I was playing Origins earlier and really struggling, I'm just falling back into my flow with this.

I like driving the batmobile, combat seems rough but I'll give it the benefit of the doubt for now.

Sullichin

VPN worked like a charm but do i have to play offline?
You have to launch it the first time online connected to the VPN. If you're offline it will tell you that you have to go online for the first launch. If you're not on the VPN it will tell you it's not out yet.

So, stay connected to VPN, launch the game. Quit the game and steam. Log out of VPN, switch steam to offline mode, and you should be able to launch again.

TheRed

Okay this game not recognizing my controllers is really annoying. Tried both DS4 and 360, and DS4 without DS4 windows on and in big picture, still nothing.

Nete

That's the nature of decrypting. It's made worse if you don't have a fast hdd as well I'm told.
It's hard to really tell what I'm looking at with that pic, but did you VPN and then start the D/l for the WHOLE game or just the bits needed for the decryption and your just being impatient with the decryption part?

The pic is from this afternoon (EU here, so no need to VPN) while downloading the game. It was just for comparison on the estimated time there for the full download (preload) against how long is taking to decrypt it.

Amzin

45 minutes decrypting, still ~20% left. I swear this is the last time I preload a game on Steam. It would have been quicker to just wait until launch and donwload it.

I know it would have been haha. The Google fiber :p actual download took maybe 5 minutes.

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
Damn, really wish us console peasants could download the patches before the game came out to save us some time -- can anyone confirm the patch size on PS4? Last I heard it was 3.5 GB. Yikes. That's gonna be like 90 minutes before we can play.

Top Bottom