• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman: Arkham Knight |OT| Protect Gotham Racing

Ha! That makes me feel "oldish". I was sooooooo excited for Batman in 1988. That movie was amazing. It may be nostalgia talking, but that is still my favorite Batman flick. And the action figures....gat damn

Same here. I remember 12-yr old me being pumped as hell when that movie came out. Good times. :)

Linconan

Gotto drive down and get some fuel for my Family Van, then make a quick stop to the Post Office,
*cough*
... then i'll be driving the Batmobile home to the Bat Cave.

"I'm Batman"

My country will see this game on 24th it seems. I read that since nearly every store sold MKX a week early, distributors didn't wan't to ship the Batman copies before the 23th.

Damn us.

Welp I guess this VPN stuff is pointless so I have a question about batman, has it ever been explained why the hell people stay in gotham if it's a crime ridden hell hole? Please forgive me if this is obvious I'm more of a marvel guy.

Aces&Eights

Waiting patiently with baited breath for impressions! Anyone got this thing working and played yet? Really curious about batmobile and if it's gimicky, how does the city look and feel? Is it AC reskinned? How are the character models? How is the sound? Riddler puzzles?

Anyone?

Back and probably already mentioned but nope, no Harley DLC for those of us who got the game with a 900 series card, just the New 52 skin pack that they added to everyone's game because of the Batmobile screw up.

Now let's see how it runs...

EDIT: AMD have released new drivers for the game if you haven't noticed yet.

For those of you who where like me and couldn't redeem the pre-order DLC earlier on Steam, the codes seem to work now. (No more "Product Already Owned" issue)

It also shows up in the DLC area for the game (if you're looking at the game in your library).

Piggus

Preload speed on Steam is garbage. I normally top out at 8 mb/s and now I'm not getting any better than ~300 kb/s.

EDIT: Switched to a different download region and it's working better now.

Haven't noticed the speaker.

It has changed colors a few times for me. Now it's red.

I'm using DS4Windows, but somehow the game still recognized it as a DS4. I'm getting the right control prompts and everything.

Got it working with the Big Screen Mode with no drivers on. Very interesting it actually works ''natively''. Big points for Rockstar for doing this.

And what country is that my friend?

Chile. Some stores usually release games before the official date (I remember getting GTA V on PS3, 4 days before the actual release). But it looks that it went out of hads with Mortal Kombat X.

So, we'll have to wait a day or two more.

PC port is utter trash. I only wanted to play the first five minutes since I'm playing through it all tonight on PS4 but it stuttered with EVERYTHING ON LOW/OFF
and it was locked to 30.

If I had a shit rig, that would be acceptable. But nope. Playing on 1080p, here are my specs.

Processor: i7-3770
Memory: 8 GB RAM
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980
Graphics Memory: 4 GB

SargerusBR

I love Pokken!
Welp I guess this VPN stuff is pointless so I have a question about batman, has it ever been explained why the hell people stay in gotham if it's a crime ridden hell hole? Please forgive me if this is obvious I'm more of a marvel guy.

Because comic books. Seriously that's probably the best answer, i even made a smilar thread a while back about it.

PC port is utter trash. I only wanted to play the first five minutes since I'm playing through it all tonight on PS4 but it stuttered with EVERYTHING ON LOW/OFF
and it was locked to 30.

If I had a shit rig, that would be acceptable. But nope. Playing on 1080p, here are my specs.

Please report in to the PC performance thread if you haven't already.

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
and it was locked to 30.

Performance aside... why would you rather play this on PS4?

styl3s

and it was locked to 30.

PC port is great you just have to go to your game folder

Arkham Knight > BMGame > CONFIG > BMSystemSettings and change 30fps to 60,70,100,300 or whatever. I am running it maxed out (excluding Nvidia stuff) @ 1080p/60fps and i am running a similar setup only i have a i5.

My 24" monitor with headphones vs my 60" 4K TV with surround sound.
Shit i would have my PC hooked up to my Tv if it was a 4k. I would sacrifice the 60fps to be running this on a 60" @ 4k/30

I've been playing Arkham Asylum to hype myself up for Arkham Knight. Picking up my Best Buy pre-order tomorrow! $47.99 + $10 reward certificate? I'll take it!

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
Rewatching some of the trailers while I bide these final few hours and I have to day, the Gotham is Mine trailer is hype inducing. Chilling speech by Scarecrow and as it builds up to the end to his reveal you know shit got real.

It does stutter with me too a little on cutscenes and I would hope there was option for better AA. Other than that the PC version looks pretty good and seems to run pretty good. Very early tho.

Really like the gliding as usual.

Xux

Most people are probably too poor to move. Shoot, I imagine most evacuees are in refugee camps on the mainland.

Preload speed on Steam is garbage. I normally top out at 8 mb/s and now I'm not getting any better than ~300 kb/s.

EDIT: Switched to a different download region and it's working better now.

1st time ever pre-loading game. Does this mean once Steam unlocks it, it's ready to play? No more installing?

Top Bottom