• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman: Arkham Knight |OT| Protect Gotham Racing

tesqui

So the majority of these side missions appear to have no location indicator. So, I'm assuming you have to find all this stuff on your own? I'm not really big into hunting down things in an open world game. Which means I'll probably not be doing most of the side things in this game.

I wonder if this will cause a problem for me later into the story? I assume I'll be weaker than if I had done side missions to get more ability points.

Alright, so I keep hearing conflicting things about the
true ending.

Do you need all the Riddler Trophies or just a certain amount of Most Wanted storylines complete?

You need to complete 10 of 14 side missions to start
the Knightfall protocol
, which is basically the end of the game. You can see your progress towards this in one of the radial menus (left on the D-pad, I think). However, if you complete all 14 (i.e. get 100% completion) you apparently get an extended ending scene.

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
The irony in this video is that combat in these games pretty much breaks down in large encounters with a ton of special enemies.

Not In Arkham City nor in the Arkham Origins challenge maps. Once you mastered the combat, none of the challenge maps posed any sort of threat.

However, Arkham Knight has a lot more going in fights than for any of the previous Arkham games. I felt like I was at a major disadvantage not having the batswarm. All the duel fights, charging enemies and such don't help you but cause the camera to move out of position, distracting you and leave you open to attack. quite often I would target an enemy to strike, but the fucking camera adjusted right before and Batman would attack the air, losing the combo.

It made many encounters more frustrating than they needed to be.

Very disappointed that Rocksteady chose to remove the Batswarm. It really came in handy in those fights with brutes.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
These details

AK1d6232.gif

AK3d1fb9.gif
WOW

Did you
go on top of GCPD and stand next to the bat signal and hit X

Go to the Batsignal on the roof of the GCPD.

Anyone else weirded out by how young Batman looks? This is the same guy who has apparently trained about three Robins? He looks like he's 35.
I did not do that, hopefully it'll work when I try in the morning.

Yeahhh Bruce's youngness weirds me out a bit too... but hey he did drink a little bit of that rejuvenating Lazarus stuff in City.

On Demand

Banned
Yep, these ended up being all over the place, and they seemingly change into other things, the further into the story you go. As usual, Rocksteady loves loading these little easter eggs into the game.

Yeah i already saw a few more. No matter how many i see i always do a double take cause it happens at the most random moment. Like, huh? What?

Which is the point i guess.

Afrodium

Banned
So the majority of these side missions appear to have no location indicator. So, I'm assuming you have to find all this stuff on your own? I'm not really big into hunting down things in an open world game. Which means I'll probably not be doing most of the side things in this game.

I wonder if this will cause a problem for me later into the story? I assume I'll be weaker than if I had done side missions to get more ability points.

I think it's kind of neat because as a result you just kind of stumble into things. If you ever pick up some radio chatter (which happens like every 20 seconds) you can just follow it and you'll find a mob which has a good chance of also being part of a side quest. It doesn't happen every time but if you just follow radio chatter while going between missions you should just end up doing parts of side quests.

Grexeno

Not In Arkham City nor in the Arkham Origins challenge maps. Once you mastered the combat, none of the challenge maps posed any sort of threat.

In this game, I felt like I was at a major disadvantage not having the batswarm.

It made many encounters more frustrating than they needed to be.

Very disappointed that Rocksteady chose to remove that. It really came in handy in those fights with brutes.
Seems more like you were able to power through some overwhelming and poorly designed encounters with the use of an even more overpowered move.

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
Seems more like you were able to power through some overwhelming and poorly designed encounters with the use of an even more overpowered move.

I am very confused. Yes, I was able to make it through the encounters, but not once have I felt remotely close to overpowered.

p.s. I edited my post.

Xux

Go to the Batsignal on the roof of the GCPD.

Anyone else weirded out by how young Batman looks? This is the same guy who has apparently trained about three Robins? He looks like he's 35.
35 would fit into the timeline alright.

Mid game spoiler
the zeppelin was an amazing dungeon. Best set piece of the series for me so far.
. I hope the balance between combat, predator and batmobile stays like this from here in out. I love the pacing so far...

Maybe I'm just blanking on something obvious but I can't remember a game that justified the post-story content better than this game does. The fact that all the audio is different because of what happened story wise is just incredibly impressive. Plus there is a narrative reason for doing what you are doing instead of just to go for a '100%' score and some trophies. It really made me want to accomplish everything.

cackhyena

This is seriously the best looking game I have played this gen. The detail is mind boggling. The lighting, rain, destructible pieces littered everywhere...and it all runs so smoothly on PS4. Not other series makes me feel as if I'm in the world they've created as this one. Maaaaybe MGS.

Best game of the year so far by a mile. Right now the section I did was rivaling anything City did. The story is incredible. The variety in gameplay situations is unmatched. Combat and predator sections are better than ever.

Just wow.

Ok. It's about 3 past midnight here and I'm playing with headphones on. I think some poop came out from me at
the first encounter with the Creature of the night
. I really wasn't expecting that.
Got the blood sample from the sucker right away
just because I was pissed at him scaring me. The sidequests in this game are marvelous, just like previous entries.

Prototype

On the subject of power, I've felt this game to be the hardest entry yet. Still totally doable of course, but more challenging.

Groups had larger variety, could be revived, and came in greater numbers. Plus, they are much better equipped and use placements and the environment to good, albeit not excellent, effect.

Most interesting Arkham game by far,
combat-mechanically speaking.

Post ending spoiler

Deathstroke was just another tank battle :(

This really makes me want to give up on trying for 100%. I don't mind the watchtower and checkpoint side missions so much because they actually have quite a bit of variety to them, but I still have like six tank battle/bomb defusal ones to do and hearing that I only have that to look forward to really doesn't get me enthused. What was Rocksteady thinking with all this rubbish?

EDIT - Ugh, just watched it on Youtube; it's literally just the
Cloudburst setpiece
again but without the middle phase, then
you watch Batman punch Deathstroke in a cutscene. I thought Deathstroke was wasted in Arkham Origins when he showed up out of nowhere as the first boss of the game and then didn't appear again until the very end, but this really takes the cake.

A little help please! I've been trying to get a riddler trophy. It is behind a destructible wall that is above the ground so I cant use explosove gel and I cant bring the batmobile around to shoot the wall. Is there an upgrade to the explosive gel that I need or am I missing some way for the batmobile to get around to the back of the building to shoot the wall?

A little help please! I've been trying to get a riddler trophy. It is behind a destructible wall that is above the ground so I cant use explosove gel and I cant bring the batmobile around to shoot the wall. Is there an upgrade to the explosive gel that I need or am I missing some way for the batmobile to get around to the back of the building to shoot the wall?

You're probably going to have to get the Batmobile into a position to blow the wall, because there's no Ultra Batclaw equivalent in this game, and the Explosive Gel can't blow up walls at a distance. Look around for an overpass or something; you can shoot pretty distant targets with the Batmobile's cannon.

Does this game not really have... Boss fights?

There are two fought on foot, one combat (it's a dual-play thing with Robin, basically just your standard 'big dude in crowd of normal dudes' fight) and another predator. The rest are all fought in the Batmobile, and they aren't good. There's nothing on the level of City's or Origins' bosses. There really isn't even a final bossfight.

EDIT - Wait, there is another one that I haven't seen yet, waiting for you when you solve all the Riddles. That one might be alright?

There are two fought on foot, one combat (it's a dual-play thing with Robin, basically just your standard 'big dude in crowd of normal dudes' fight) and another predator. The rest are all fought in the Batmobile, and they aren't good. There's nothing on the level of City's or Origins' bosses. There really isn't even a final bossfight.
The best boss battle in AK was (mid-game spoiler)
Johnny Charisma
lol

This is seriously the best looking game I have played this gen. The detail is mind boggling. The lighting, rain, destructible pieces littered everywhere...and it all runs so smoothly on PS4. Not other series makes me feel as if I'm in the world they've created as this one. Maaaaybe MGS.
If MGSV was current gen only - then probably. But last gen versions hold it back

okay I'm up to the point where I'm in the air ship and I come from that scarecrow I was trying to save Barbara and she just shot herself my mind is f*****

I just cant deal with it. Holy shit. This game!!!!!

So im at the end where I have to do more side quests to truly end it....really want to do everything 100% before the end but just dont want to be let down...
Is it worth it?

And do I have to beat the game on hard to platinum it?

Drayco21

Jack Rider's interview tape in the GCPD building just made an offhand reference to a deceased victim named "M. Hollis". Yo, that's a comic book ass comic book reference if I ever heard one. There's so many great comic easter eggs buried in this game.

Lakitu

st5fu
How far am I into the story?
Just got Batmobile access to the Founders Island and took out a bunch of cobras, a missile launcher and encountered the Arkham Knight again.

HMC

Jack Rider's interview tape in the GCPD building just made an offhand reference to a deceased victim named "M. Hollis". Yo, that's a comic book ass comic book reference if I ever heard one. There's so many great comic easter eggs buried in this game.

I just got goosebumps picturing a Nightowl skin.

I balked at the 30.00 season pass until about 3 minutes into the game. Now, they could charge me double. I will buy every drop of content they put out...this F'ing game, man,

Bumping my question from earlier in the thread:
Is there any way for me to get the exclusive Scarecrow missions or were they preorder only? Just bought the game from PSN store and I can only find the skin pack to download.

Bumping my question from earlier in the thread:
Is there any way for me to get the exclusive Scarecrow missions or were they preorder only? Just bought the game from PSN store and I can only find the skin pack to download.

Not sure. Should of come with the game, since it's just a PS exclusive and not a preorder exclusive. I don't have a PS4 so idk how they handle add ons for digital, is it all one download, or do they come separately? Might be worth looking around in your purchase history.

Not sure. Should of come with the game, since it's just a PS exclusive and not a preorder exclusive. I don't have a PS4 so idk how they handle add ons for digital, is it all one download, or do they come separately? Might be worth looking around in your purchase history.
When I bought the game it just downloaded the main game plus the update file. The skin pack was on the store as a separate download. No mention of the scarecrow stuff anywhere as far as I can see.

Any other PS4 players who bought digitally (not preorder) get the scarecrow missions included?

When I bought the game it just downloaded the main game plus the update file. The skin pack was on the store as a separate download. No mention of the scarecrow stuff anywhere as far as I can see.

Any other PS4 players who bought digitally (not preorder) get the scarecrow missions included?

Did you look in the main menu? Should be under Arkham Stories, if it's anything like the Harley Quinn and Red Hood DLC.

Top Bottom