• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman: Arkham Knight |OT| Protect Gotham Racing

Tek

I thought this game uses the speaker on the ps4 controller? I've yet to hear anything come from that speaker and the option is turned on..

Hagi

Holy shit (side quest spoilers)
Professor Pyg!! Wow whoever voices him is absolute gold. Probably the best sidequest so far, everything else seems kind of lame apart from this and Man Bat. Can't believe Pyg is in a videogame lol too good.

So Fear Multi Takedowns are so incredibly finicky and impossible to predict it's actually getting me killed.

General rule of thumb is they can't see you. You can't activate it from the front, or in view of others. And you can only activate it the same way you would a regular takedown.

Holy shit (side quest spoilers)
Professor Pyg!! Wow whoever voices him is absolute gold. Probably the best sidequest so far, everything else seems kind of lame apart from this and Man Bat. Can't believe Pyg is in a videogame lol too good.

Yeah I loved that as well. Also,
Pyg
is voiced by
the same guy that did Mung Deal on Chowder

So Fear Multi Takedowns are so incredibly finicky and impossible to predict it's actually getting me killed.

I was coming in here to post the same thing. It's the one aspect of combat that I just can't get right 100% of the time, and this AR challenge where you have to do 2 of them, kill the medic last, and don't take damage is taking me forever because the Fear Takedown prompt is so random.

Courage

I was coming in here to post the same thing. It's the one aspect of combat that I just can't get right 100% of the time, and this AR challenge where you have to do 2 of them, kill the medic last, and don't take damage is taking me forever because the Fear Takedown prompt is so random.

Yo that challenge took me forever.

I found trial and error will allow you to plan your moves and you gotta execute them as fast as possible; you don't wanna let the medic revive anyone and use him as your last victim in your second fear takedown.

How can I improve my combat skills? I can't just flow like the videos

Think of it has more of a rythum. You don't need to hit the attack button a bunch of times on one enemy unless it is a beatdown. Take you time, press a direction towards an enemy and attack, you will get into a groove and start anticipating when the other enemies are starting their other attacks and counter. Practice in an AR room or just on mobs in the street. When you master that, you can move onto quick gadgets.

Not a high combo, but a simple freeflow with a lot of style...

https://youtu.be/BI7lwogdc9w

DavidDesu

Question. For someone who's never played (and unlikely ever will) the previous Batman Arkham games is this something I can buy and get into or do I need previous knowledge..? Will it make a huge difference not knowing stuff going in? I loved Infamous Second Son and this looks like a fun bad ass game quite like that.

It looks stunning and as long as it's fun I think I'll get it, just wanting to check though... CHEERS GAF! Does the main campaign and side missions take quite a while to complete?

Grexeno

Remember that when you are gliding you can quick fire the line launcher. That has helped put me in better positions.
Welp, I literally forgot I had this. I feel at this point the games might have way too many gadgets and techniques to keep track of and use effectively.

Yo that challenge took me forever.

I found trial and error will allow you to plan your moves and you gotta execute them as fast as possible; you don't wanna let the medic revive anyone and use him as your last victim in your second fear takedown.

I just beat it in 1:00.62 loooooool

It should've actually been like 57 seconds, but the clock doesn't stop right away. My 2nd Fear Takedown was on the last guy and the medic while they were on the floor underneath me. I didn't even know you could do takedowns like that.

Grexeno

Holy shit, I didn't realize until now that the stuff from the villains you beat goes into the evidence room with accompanying Cash voiceover.

Vire

Oh my fucking God, this
Cloudburst
shit is infuriating. Been stuck on this boss for like 45 minutes on Hard.

Starting to understand some of the bat tank complaints. This is a bummer.

Grexeno

Oh my fucking God, this
Cloudburst
shit is infuriating. Been stuck on this boss for like 45 minutes on Hard.

Starting to understand some of the bat tank complaints. This is a bummer.
Thank fucking god you immediately start at overheated stage if you die.

DirtyLarry

Remember that when you are gliding you can quick fire the line launcher. That has helped put me in better positions.
How does one do this? Does it need to be unlocked as well?
Thanks.

I am very much enjoying the game so far. I also have an appreciation of what Rocksteady was able to achieve on the PS4 but at the same time I do feel for all the PC players out there. It truly sucks how awful of a port that it is. With all that said I am only 11% in. Truth be told I only beat Arkham Asylum. All of the other games in the series I played to around 60% and lost interest. I am feeling like the same thing can possibly happen with this game, but we will see. I can say with the utmost of certainty I will never 100% the game. Just no way that is happening. And that is okay with me.

The combat AR challenges are a good place to practice since there's no penalty excpet having to restart if you mess up...also opening up more and more combat skills and special takedowns is helpful to mix things up

There's literally nothing there, when I activate the Forensic Scanner in front of the Riddler thing, that is using the Forensic Scanner. I'm too tired now, so I'll probably watch a video tomorrow.

I had a hard time with them at first. Each pulse will illuminate Riddler question marks. However they have to be done in order so you need to take it slow and easy and follow the trail.

How does one do this? Does it need to be unlocked as well?
Thanks.

Press L3 while gliding.

pahamrick

Okay.

These last two Batmobile (Boss Spoilers)
Arkham Knight boss
fights have got to be some of the most non-fun, poorly designed and ill conceived boss fights I've ever had the displeasure of playing. I enjoy the Batmobile, but holy shit these sequences have sucked all the joy out of it.

jediyoshi

Surprised
Lex Luthor
gets name dropped a couple times on radio chatter. Also heard a
Black Canary
in there. Wonder who else pops up.

jmizzal

Why the heck do I have to go in 1st person when i'm in the none batman scenes playing as other characters in the story

I play games like this to get away from 1st person

zeemumu

My combat ability in these things comes from memorization of the types combined with taking them out in a certain order.

Man,
screw the Riddler. I don't know why I thought he'd actually fight me after that instead of that whole "Yo I'm only gonna fight you if you basically 100% the game."

Double D

I'm stuck. I'm maybe 75% through the main story? It's where
Harley
locks you out of the theater.

Anyways,
You have to find the 3 Joker infected people or whatever. The last one I need to get is the big dude. I fight him and he's knocked out but theres some other enemies up higher and they just throw stuff at Batman and I can't get up there or do anything with them.
Maybe this is a bug and I have to reload?

edit: figure it out. definitely seems bugged because you can't grapple up to one of the enemies at that point so what I did was
switched to Robin and used his zip kick or whatever to take that guy out
. Just in case anyone else has this issue.

Regginator

Just finished everything there is to do except the Riddler stuff, which I'm going to do now, and here's what I thought of it:

+ Playground is bigger, better, more detailed and could look absolutely beautiful (were it not for PC texture loading issues and the Normal Textures cap).
+ I already loved gliding in Arkham City, but damn it's really expanded in Arkham Knight. I've glided a looooooooot and it never got old. Jump in the Batmobile and wooosh, into the sky.
+ Extra gadgets and stuff to take out enemies and plan your attacks.
+
The Joker
hallucinations, those were fucking great. Every single one of them.
+ Scarecrow in general. I loved him in Asylum and it felt good to see he was still a force to be reckoned with. He came back hard.

+/- Not sure if I liked the Fear Takedowns. They looked cool but they always gave your position away afterwards like a knock-out smash, which means it isn't the best option if you want to completely predator stealth yourself through a section.
+/- I liked the Batmobile, gave it a fresh twist on the Arkham City gameplay, but sometimes they really forced it and shoved it down our throats. So I'm not sure what to think of it. I suppose it was okay.

- Very underwhelming story. At first I thought ALL the big villains were working TOGETHER to hunt down Batman, while in fact
it's pretty much everyone for themselves and the majority you can knock-out during their little side quests
- The Arkham Knight's identity has been painfully obvious somewhat half-way through, the part where Batman suddenly sees a lot of
Jason Todd
hallucinations, which made the reveal much less interesting.
- I really disliked the "super gritty" redesigns in Arkham Knight, I much rather preferred the "comic book realistic" designs from Asylum and City. I specifically disliked the redesigns of Riddler, Ivy and (don't shoot me) Scarecrow.
- Most of the side quests were very uninteresting, apart from that
Opera killer/Pyg
side quest.
- You're forced into doing some of the stupid collectible side quest to commence
Operation Knightfall
, the game's ending.
- And of course, last but not least, the dreadful first three hours of the PC port. Afterwards it somehow ran better, much better. Ended up playing for 28 hours.

In any rate, it's a very worthy final chapter to the Rocksteady Arkham series, but City is still my favourite, closely followed by Asylum and Knight at a respectable distance.

Ferrio

Banned
So is there anyway to focus in on local chatter? I keep hearing hints where to find subquests but it's gone before I can pinpoint where they're talking about.

On Demand

Banned
Are you kidding me. I was glancing at one of the billboards from across a rooftop

It had jokers face on it.

I'm like what? I go over to it and it's not there anymore. It turned back into regular ad! Something about fanus after shave get exposed. Before it said fear toxins get exposed. And it had his face there.

Yooooooooooooooooo those after affects. Fucking Rocksteady.

O_O

Regginator

So is there anyway to focus in on local chatter? I keep hearing hints where to find subquests but it's gone before I can pinpoint where they're talking about.

You can use Detective Mode to see where the chatter is coming from while they're still talking.

kodecraft

Just finished everything there is to do except the Riddler stuff, which I'm going to do now, and here's what I thought of it:

+ Playground is bigger, better, more detailed and could look absolutely beautiful (were it not for PC texture loading issues and the Normal Textures cap).
+ I already loved gliding in Arkham City, but damn it's really expanded in Arkham Knight. I've glided a looooooooot and it never got old. Jump in the Batmobile and wooosh, into the sky.
+ Extra gadgets and stuff to take out enemies and plan your attacks.
+
The Joker
hallucinations, those were fucking great. Every single one of them.
+ Scarecrow in general. I loved him in Asylum and it felt good to see he was still a force to be reckoned with. He came back hard.

+/- Not sure if I liked the Fear Takedowns. They looked cool but they always gave your position away afterwards like a knock-out smash, which means it isn't the best option if you want to completely predator stealth yourself through a section.
+/- I liked the Batmobile, gave it a fresh twist on the Arkham City gameplay, but sometimes they really forced it and shoved it down our throats. So I'm not sure what to think of it. I suppose it was okay.

- Very underwhelming story. At first I thought ALL the big villains were working TOGETHER to hunt down Batman, while in fact
it's pretty much everyone for themselves and the majority you can knock-out during their little side quests
- The Arkham Knight's identity has been painfully obvious somewhat half-way through, the part where Batman suddenly sees a lot of
Jason Todd
hallucinations, which made the reveal much less interesting.
- I really disliked the "super gritty" redesigns in Arkham Knight, I much rather preferred the "comic book realistic" designs from Asylum and City. I specifically disliked the redesigns of Riddler, Ivy and (don't shoot me) Scarecrow.
- Most of the side quests were very uninteresting, apart from that
Opera killer/Pyg
side quest.
- You're forced into doing some of the stupid collectible side quest to commence
Operation Knightfall
, the game's ending.
- And of course, last but not least, the dreadful first three hours of the PC port. Afterwards it somehow ran better, much better. Ended up playing for 28 hours.

In any rate, it's a very worthy final chapter to the Rocksteady Arkham series, but City is still my favourite, closely followed by Asylum and Knight at a respectable distance.

Nice. I'm in line with most of this. Great game though.

I'm playing on PS4 and will play again once the pc version is up to par.

Aside, for some reason I still like the UI in Asylum the best. Maybe its the comic book look and feel of it all.

Cre8

You want a shot at the champ? [NG gif winner July 23]
I'm playing this on hard, now I'm regretting not upgrading my Batmobile armor. Been stuck on this fight with tanks and a Helicopter
after rescuing the chemical workers.
for an hour already.

Grexeno

Alright, at this point literally every enemy in checkpoints is a special enemy who is going to unavoidably hit me while I'm trying to take out another special enemy. Fuck off Rocksteady.

Top Bottom