• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman: Arkham Knight |OT| Protect Gotham Racing

CornDogg

About 30%, I think. Just got to
Stagg's airship
. Some of the stuff in this game is just...awesome. The
Joker
stuff was unexpected, and so far, absolutely brilliant.

Also, I
legit jumped when Man Bat popped up while grappling around the city. Didn't see it coming either.

Sesuadra

Unconfirmed Member
guys, I feel so stupid because I must have missed something...so my question:
I'm in the ACE facility, mixing chamber. knocked out everyone and also deactivated the automatic guns. I know that I have to get my batmobile in there to pull down the wall to scarecrow....but how do I open the gate? scarecrow said "come in, the door is open" >> but no. it is not asshole. I can't find a way to open it. what did I miss o_O?

Edit...found it. my god I am blind.

Dimorphic

So should I just roll through the main story before attempting any of the side quests/riddler missions/AR challenges?

I want to 100% this game but it seems like I am stopped from completing most extra stuff due to bridges being down/gadgets not being unlocked etc.

So should I just roll through the main story before attempting any of the side quests/riddler missions/AR challenges?

I want to 100% this game but it seems like I am stopped from completing most extra stuff due to bridges being down/gadgets not being unlocked etc.

Pace yourself by flipping back and forth between your options so you don't burn yourself out.

On second thought, that story tho. So good

Drayco21

I can't stop replaying the unlockable AR mission where
you play as Azrael in a combat challenge of endless normal thugs.

Rocksteady, please just make this exact thing, except with the other playable characters. Apparently I will pay you large sums of money for it.

Skunkers

guys, I feel so stupid because I must have missed something...so my question:
I'm in the ACE facility, mixing chamber. knocked out everyone and also deactivated the automatic guns. I know that I have to get my batmobile in there to pull down the wall to scarecrow....but how do I open the gate? scarecrow said "come in, the door is open" >> but no. it is not asshole. I can't find a way to open it. what did I miss o_O?

It is. He's in the little room in the center of the room, there is a stairway that goes to the door to it, and it is unlocked.

Put me in the camp of Batmobile lovers. I love almost everything about it. Especially that it requires some effort to learn the handling. I hate open world games with completely boring car physics. This game just keeps on getting better, it might beat AA if it continues like that.
It is far far better than AC in my book already.

I like it too.

It's just that its 50% of the gameplay.

CryptiK

Arkham Knight Side mission Finale Boss spoiler:
What in the actual fuck Deathstroke was a fucking Tank battle? You take the one person who would be amazing to play against in a fist fight and you throw him in a fucking tank WHAT THE FUCK. Fuck the tank.

Durden77

Freeze grenade. It's in the movie studios to the side of the pod that Batman traps Robin in.

It's probably
the freeze grenade. It's not really needed in the main story. It's in the Studios area, where Batman keeps the Jokerized civilians.

Thanks, probably never would have found that.

so with all this build up, is it even worth it once you find out who the Arkham Knight is? please don't spoil anything.

It's how you say...fairly predictable. I personally thought it was cool though.

RobbieNick

Jack Rider's interview tape in the GCPD building just made an offhand reference to a deceased victim named "M. Hollis". Yo, that's a comic book ass comic book reference if I ever heard one. There's so many great comic easter eggs buried in this game.

Otisburg is my fave.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
I did just about every side mission and I'm at 90% for the story right now, excited to see how it wraps up, but I'll hold off until tomorrow.

Dimorphic

so i read people saying you should beat the main story and THEN finish the side quests? or am i wrong.

It seems to be the way to go. I am trying to do side quests as they come but a lot are locked out due to areas of the map being unavailable or gadgets not being unlocked.

Arkham Knight Side mission Finale Boss spoiler:
What in the actual fuck Deathstroke was a fucking Tank battle? You take the one person who would be amazing to play against in a fist fight and you throw him in a fucking tank WHAT THE FUCK. Fuck the tank.

Rocksteady dropped the ball hard with the bossfights. HARD.

so i read people saying you should beat the main story and THEN finish the side quests? or am i wrong.

The sidequests are unlocked as you progress through the story, so you kind of have to do it that way. You can't go and do all the bomb-defusal missions as soon as they're available, for example; you can clear out the ones available to you, but more will be added as the story progresses. A lot of the side missions can be started pretty early on but can only be finished after the final story mission.

HardRojo

Can't wait to see what secrets and Easter eggs people discover in this game. It's one of the things I love about the Arkham titles.

Dimorphic

Rocksteady dropped the ball hard with the bossfights. HARD.

The sidequests are unlocked as you progress through the story, so you kind of have to do it that way. You can't go and do all the bomb-defusal missions as soon as they're available, for example; you can clear out the ones available to you, but more will be added as the story progresses. A lot of the side missions can be started pretty early on but can only be finished after the final story mission.

So if that's the case with the side missions I'm going to ignore them until after the main quest is done or until I'm up to the last mission. Then I'll go through and wrap them all up to 100% the game.

Have you played Arkham City? It was even more addicting.
Yes I did. In fact I own the PS3 GotY ugly box version and the later in Steam. I did finished it (Not the DLC though). But this one has got me hooked like no other game. Its been a while since Ive felt like this towards a game. Also, I know some of you guys hate the batmobile, but I find it really fun. That is after I switched the controls for it, since default ones feel really awkward for me. Feels more like an arcade racer when chasing & doing the missions.

Papercuts

What's the difference between completing them during progression or after the story? I'll still experience the content.

I feel like they're pretty repetitive if you just grind them out all at once as opposed to just scoping out stuff as you fly/drive around the city and doing what you can. YMMV though.

What's the difference between completing them during progression or after the story? I'll still experience the content.

well a lot of side missions pop up as you're moving around from point a to point b, and they add variety.

oh, and more importantly, you get east upgrade points. some give you two or more each time you complete them.

ZeroX03

Banned
Anyone finding the 'magnetism' a little off with the big, normal-hit immune enemies? I've found the game will prioritize normal hits to them (annoying) and occasionally won't let you instant takedown them unless they're the only enemies in that direction. It was also a problem in Origins but rarely in Asylum and City. In general finding a few more annoying combat glitches(?) than Rocksteady's last two games. And grapnel/climbing issues in the open world too. Nowhere near as bad as Origins mind you.

Oh and they snuck "no half measures" in there!

Alienous

Anyone finding the 'magnetism' a little off with the big, normal-hit immune enemies? I've found the game will prioritize normal hits to them (annoying) and occasionally won't let you instant takedown them unless they're the only enemies in that direction. It was also a problem in Origins but rarely in Asylum and City. In general finding a few more annoying combat glitches(?) than Rocksteady's last two games. And grapnel/climbing issues in the open world too. Nowhere near as bad as Origins mind you.

I've had that issue too, and it never happened to me in Asylum and City.

I think it's the amount of enemies they throw at you making the prioritizing algorithm mess up more often. Enemies circle around you and because of their number are closer together than when you have 6 or 7 enemies in Arkham City.

geordiemp

So I got a download code for Ps4.

If I download it on my account on my ps4, can my son also play the downloaded content on his account on same ps4 ?

Papercuts

Oh and they snuck "no half measures" in there!

I've had this crop up too, yeah. One particually odd instance was right after vaulting over an enemy and doing a takedown holding the opposite direction to take out a shock handed brute, batman took out the person I just vaulted over which was weird. I see some SUPER teleporting in this too, it usually is pretty seamlessly done but as you tend to go after high priority targets(like a gun holding dude in the back) it seems like the battlefields are just naturally longer which leads to some oddities like that.

My combos seem to break in AK more from me hitting something like a brute or shield instead of actually being smacked. Though it hasn't been often enough to really matter that much to me. As a side note it was piss easy to 3 star the AR combat challenges even without a single flowing combo, I broke it in a sloppy first try and blew past the scores anyway.

vladdamad

Well, looks like I'm buying a PS4 for this game. Was playing Origins for the first time after getting it from the PSN sale and I've forgotten how much I missed the flight mechanics, the world + characters, the side missions, everything. Can't wait.

The thing that always surprises me about these games is that although I am normally there only for the gameplay, the story always manages to surprise me, so hopefully this will be the case here as well. Only issue is I think I've already guessed the identity of the Arkham Knight by reading too many impressions from people. Obviously won't post my guess here, but (very, very minor spoiler about plot direction mentioned in a lot of reviews):
since apparently he is supposed to be not that crucial in the overall scale of the story it's not too big of a deal.

For those of you who are currently playing the game - how would you compare the sidequests with those from City? City has some of my favourite optional content in any game ever, and this is what I feel is lacking in Origins. Is there variety in terms of what you're doing in the sidequests, i.e. are they just collect X number of objects scattered on the map (that's what it feels like in Origins currently) or are they more substantial?

LiK

So far the story has been meh but I'm loving the combat and traversal again. Batmobile has been alright. The chases are fun but the tank combat is repetitive. It'll be better as I upgrade it and take out those drones quicker. Riddler missions are also pretty fun and much more elaborate than the previous games. Not a fan of the Riddler trophies again tho. I'm kinda skipping most of them this time unless I can easily backtrack later in the game. The sidequests are pretty entertaining altho I don't like being gated from completing them.

Also, the ability to switch between characters and use combined finishing move continues to be awesome.

The overall combat on Normal has been pretty easy compared to the previous games. His new suit also makes most guys with guns a nonissue this time.

Akai__

Question marks should appear on the floor or on the walls

I had a hard time with them at first. Each pulse will illuminate Riddler question marks. However they have to be done in order so you need to take it slow and easy and follow the trail.

Thanks guys, but unfortunately there aren't any. I just checked a video for the same Riddle location and saw the difference immediately.

I'll complete the other Riddles first and check back on this one later.

Top Bottom