• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman: Arkham Knight |OT| Protect Gotham Racing

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
I was coming in here to post the same thing. It's the one aspect of combat that I just can't get right 100% of the time, and this AR challenge where you have to do 2 of them, kill the medic last, and don't take damage is taking me forever because the Fear Takedown prompt is so random.

I just went for a double takedown twice for that, since it counts as a fear takedown now.

But I agree, I think it's a pretty weak inclusion even if it looks cool. It also makes it damn easy to wreck in the predator maps when you can take on groups like this. I like the wrinkle Medics and the Detective Mode tracker adds to predator segments though, even if the disruptor is super powerful.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Are you kidding me. I was glancing at one of the billboards from across a rooftop

It had jokers face on it.

I'm like what? I go over to it and it's not there anymore. It turned back into regular ad! Something about fanus after shave get exposed. Before it said fear toxins get exposed. And it had his face there.

Yooooooooooooooooo those after affects. Fucking Rocksteady.

O_O

Yep, these ended up being all over the place, and they seemingly change into other things, the further into the story you go. As usual, Rocksteady loves loading these little easter eggs into the game.

Can someone please help me, feeling like an idiot here.

I'm very early on where the Batmobile is holding up the elevator, no idea what to do next.

I love how the guys in the Penguin vans casually open the doors. I mean, the guy will open the door while his head is still turned towards the front of the vehicle, then freak out when he finally looks and it's the Batman.

I love how the guys in the Penguin vans casually open the doors. I mean, the guy will open the door while his head is still turned towards the front of the vehicle, then freak out when he finally looks and it's the Batman.

I love the little touches like this in the game. It's so good.

Pimpn Drop Bear

Neo Member
Can someone explain something obvious to me haha I just did a combat ar mission and it awarded me 14 orange fist symbols, I don't know if they are currency or upgrades or something?

Future

I'm playing this on hard, now I'm regretting not upgrading my Batmobile armor. Been stuck on this fight with tanks and a Helicopter
after rescuing the chemical workers.
for an hour already.

If I replay this on hard, bat mobile armor is getting maxed early

Do you mean the rival points? Cause I don't think anyone knows what they're for haha

Rival points are for the leaderboards, it only takes so much to three star something. Most people can do that. But if you want to continue to challenge your friends you are going to want to have more rival points then them. Say the three star score is 10000 in a challenge. Anything 1000 above that can score you 1 rival point. (just an example)

They aren't for XP or anything like that. Just for one upping people on the leaderboards....though if a lot of the review videos and streams are anything to go by....that won't be that hard since most people are shit at the combat.

Just finished the (60ish% story spoiler)
Studio
and surely the whole thing with
Jason Todd has to be a red herring? They were pretty on the nose with the hints that he's the Arkham Knight. Please, no-one confirm whether I'm right or not but, I'd be interested to hear the opinions of other who are this far into the game.

malfcn

Some of my upgrade are yellow, and I don't remember that. I knew red means I can't afford the points, but yellow? Were they always yellow and I'm just a numb skull tonight?

It appears yellow opens a tree.
Must have been exhausted before.

Amzin

I just went for a double takedown twice for that, since it counts as a fear takedown now.

But I agree, I think it's a pretty weak inclusion even if it looks cool. It also makes it damn easy to wreck in the predator maps when you can take on groups like this. I like the wrinkle Medics and the Detective Mode tracker adds to predator segments though, even if the disruptor is super powerful.

Fear takedown is actually one of my favorite adds to this game so far, but I haven't experienced any wonkiness to it. If I have the option of doing a take down, I have the option of a fear takedown as long as more than 1 guy are there. Have had no inconsistencies. Maybe it's the one thing the PC version has right? :p

I do have a question though... I did the first Riddler
riot bomb defuse sidquest
and now when I go find another one, there's no button or anything to stand on for the electricity... do I have to do them in a certain order, or something else weird? I looked at a video just because I thought I was missing it, and sure enough the place the video shows is just missing that trigger button for me. But the
remote batarang marks the bomb guy in red so I figured there must be something I'm missing

Edit:
Some of my upgrade are yellow, and I don't remember that. I knew red means I can't afford the points, but yellow?
Yellow means you CAN afford it, at least it does for the PC version.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Holy shit (side quest spoilers)
Professor Pyg!! Wow whoever voices him is absolute gold. Probably the best sidequest so far, everything else seems kind of lame apart from this and Man Bat. Can't believe Pyg is in a videogame lol too good.
Yep

That voice actor killed it. Awesome work.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Fear takedown is actually one of my favorite adds to this game so far, but I haven't experienced any wonkiness to it. If I have the option of doing a take down, I have the option of a fear takedown as long as more than 1 guy are there. Have had no inconsistencies. Maybe it's the one thing the PC version has right? :p

I do have a question though... I did the first Riddler
riot bomb defuse sidquest
and now when I go find another one, there's no button or anything to stand on for the electricity... do I have to do them in a certain order, or something else weird? I looked at a video just because I thought I was missing it, and sure enough the place the video shows is just missing that trigger button for me. But the
remote batarang marks the bomb guy in red so I figured there must be something I'm missing

I think I've been doing the riddler stuff wrong, lol.

I've just been shooting the bomb person with the electrical charge gun.

MattyG

Banned
I need super spoiler-free answers (as spoiler-free as possible) for these two questions;

1) Can I keep playing and doing sidequests after the final mission?

and

2) To get the
true ending
, I only need to finish 7 Most Wanted missions, right?

Question. For someone who's never played (and unlikely ever will) the previous Batman Arkham games is this something I can buy and get into or do I need previous knowledge..? Will it make a huge difference not knowing stuff going in? I loved Infamous Second Son and this looks like a fun bad ass game quite like that.

It looks stunning and as long as it's fun I think I'll get it, just wanting to check though... CHEERS GAF! Does the main campaign and side missions take quite a while to complete?

I played the first game a long, long time ago but not the second or third and honestly don't remember a thing from the first other than Joker was in it. I'm about 40% into Knight so far and am following just fine, there are obviously little nods to the past games when they talk in third person about people who are not around but its all pretty self explanatory so far.

I'd say go for it, its a fun game although it does get a bit repetitive and can be frustrating imo for people who aren't used to the "rocksteady / batman" way of controlling things. If you absolutely hated stuff like Assassins Creed or Far Cry you may not enjoy it, although the comic book aspect of everything is really fun and immersive.

These details

AK1d6232.gif

AK3d1fb9.gif

Cre8

You want a shot at the champ? [NG gif winner July 23]
Finally got through the tanks and the helicopter at the chemical plant after a short hiatus. Was a really good challenge without upgrading anything on on the Batmobile.

DrBo42

I need super spoiler-free answers (as spoiler-free as possible) for these two questions;

1) Can I keep playing and doing sidequests after the final mission?

and

2) To get the
true ending
, I only need to finish 7 Most Wanted missions, right?

Yes and yes. Last bit I can't quite remember the exact number but it's something like that.

TheFatMan

My favorite overheard radio chatter so far went something like this....

"If you see the Bats, yell really loud and run at him. Works every time."

FtHTiny

For all the people that dislike the batmobile, after getting most upgrades first the battles got pretty easy so maybe try that to make them less annoying.

Xux

Yep, and it was his best performance yet. I have to admit that I am surprised
since he said Arkham City was his last time to do the voice AND that it was able to remain totally unspoiled
Yeah, I heard it was pretty strenuous on is vocal chords and I wouldn't be surprised if he had more lines in this than Arkham Asylum.

Totally loving this game so far. Everything about it is awesome, sans the Batmobile, which I'm pretty indifferent to to be honest. Once you get used to driving it's not so bad; I just wished it wasn't forced on you so much.

The only thing that's annoying me is the fact that Riddler informants suddenly stopped spawning for me, so finding the trophies and breakables is going to be difficult. I'm curious if anyone else has had this problem, or if it's just me. Hopefully it gets fixed somehow ...

I need some help from someone who has finished the game.

I beat the game and I just locked up enough criminals for the knightfall protocol, but every time I try to activate it Batman just tells Alfred to prep the Batwing and that he's goong to the GCPD rendezvous point. No quest marker or waypoint shows up and nothing happens if I go to GCPD. Am I missing something or is this a glitch?

Cade

I beat the game and I just locked up enough criminals for the knightfall protocol, but every time I try to activate it Batman just tells Alfred to prep the Batwing and that he's goong to the GCPD rendezvous point. No quest marker or waypoint shows up and nothing happens if I go to GCPD. Am I missing something or is this a glitch?

Did you
go on top of GCPD and stand next to the bat signal and hit X

foxtrot3d

Banned

Go to the Batsignal on the roof of the GCPD.

Anyone else weirded out by how young Batman looks? This is the same guy who has apparently trained about three Robins? He looks like he's 35.

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
Another annoying thing:

Why did they inexplicably not allow you to use detective mode while driving. Very annoying having to hop outta the car to check and see if there is something then get back in.

OR....

Did I miss it?

MattyG

Banned
Alright, so I keep hearing conflicting things about the
true ending.

Do you need all the Riddler Trophies or just a certain amount of Most Wanted storylines complete?

Think of it has more of a rythum. You don't need to hit the attack button a bunch of times on one enemy unless it is a beatdown. Take you time, press a direction towards an enemy and attack, you will get into a groove and start anticipating when the other enemies are starting their other attacks and counter. Practice in an AR room or just on mobs in the street. When you master that, you can move onto quick gadgets.

Not a high combo, but a simple freeflow with a lot of style...

https://youtu.be/BI7lwogdc9w

That was pretty badass. I still need to improve a lot to get flow down.

Grexeno

Think of it has more of a rythum. You don't need to hit the attack button a bunch of times on one enemy unless it is a beatdown. Take you time, press a direction towards an enemy and attack, you will get into a groove and start anticipating when the other enemies are starting their other attacks and counter. Practice in an AR room or just on mobs in the street. When you master that, you can move onto quick gadgets.

Not a high combo, but a simple freeflow with a lot of style...

https://youtu.be/BI7lwogdc9w
The irony in this video is that combat in these games pretty much breaks down in large encounters with a ton of special enemies.

Top Bottom