• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman: Arkham Knight |OT| Protect Gotham Racing

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Just finished.

I loved the ending.

Never expected Arkham Knight to help him at the end

Although I can't believe they still managed to shoehorn the Batmobile into it hahah

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
Just finished.

I loved the ending.

Never expected Arkham Knight to help him at the end

Although I can't believe they still managed to shoehorn the Batmobile into it hahah

I kinda expected it

While in the van

Alfred: Sir, It looks like someone is trying to track you
Bruce: I figure he would

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
after hose mission where you can swith characters

I kinda want a batman game with online co-op at some point in my life time

nOoblet16

It would be nice if the screen rotated as well. I find it a bit disorienting
The pulled back camera is horrible, makes it really hard to control the car in situations where you are being pursued and provides no advantage as you can't really see your pursuer...also you can't see what's in front of you properly.

RichardAM

Kwanzaagator
46% through the story apparently, really enjoying it.

The batmobile encounters with the tanks are absolutely horrible and reeally tedious, but I like the puzzle solving with it and the chase stuff. The game's flawed, but the atmosphere and soundtrack, a lot of the detective stuff, definitely feels the most 'Batman' game yet.

Question:

Post-Ace spoilers:
I just noticed that Batman said something to the effect of "together, we'll get her out" in regards to rescuing Batman. Am I missing something or is that him talking about Joker?

Zakalwe

Banned
59% though and the Barmobile tank sections remain incredibly fun. Upgrading to the double dodge is highly recommended ASAP.

I just don't understand the Batmobile complaints.

Question: is there anyway to detect
Azrael's
burning signals, or do I just have to search for them manually?

Zakalwe

Banned
I haven't played any of the Rocksteady Batman games (but own the first 2 for PC). Should I start the series with Arkham Knight? I doubt I would play through more than 1.

Try Asylum imo. It's an incredible game. You never know, you might like it enough to want to play all 3.

59% though and the Barmobile tank sections remain incredibly fun. Upgrading to the double dodge is highly recommended ASAP.

I just don't understand the Batmobile complaints.

Question: is there anyway to detect
Azrael's
burning signals, or do I just have to search for them manually?

They become ridiculous later on, with absolutely bonkers numbers of tanks coming after you at once. It's annoying from a gameplay perspective, and it shatters my suspension of disbelief that the militia would have SO MANY TANKS.

Also, there are two boss fights later that will make you understand the Batmobile complaints.

Zakalwe

Banned
They become ridiculous later on, with absolutely bonkers numbers of tanks coming after you at once. It's annoying from a gameplay perspective, and it shatters my suspension of disbelief that the militia would have SO MANY TANKS.

Also, there are two boss fights later that will make you understand the Batmobile complaints.

This game is Video Game Mechanic Celebration: The Game. Everything is supremely video gamey, from the combat to the traversal, the stealth to the tank sections. It's all entirely OTT and super unrealistic. So that wouldn't bother me.

I also really enjoy the tank mechanic, put more time into the tank Challenge modes than any other, so I'm looking forward to those sections. We'll see how I feel when I get there, of course.

loved the scene where (pretty heavy spoilers i think)
your in the elevator in the movie studios and the audio from asylum comes on with that random tone and joker is strapped in to that thing

MAX PAYMENT

Call me crazy. But I think this is one of the best games I've ever played, along with the witcher.

It all just clicked to me. Loved the batmobile stuff.

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
Red Hood DLC spoilers

Anyone found it weird that Black mask is in his Arkham Origins outfit and still wears the wooden mask? He was disfigured in Arkham City

Zakalwe

Banned
what is it with rocksteady and jump scares in this game!!! very annoying!

The only time these get annoying is if they happen just before a tricky fight or stealth section you might want to retry to score a perfect run.

This is my biggest annoyance with this series: it wrests control from the player too often. Batman stopping to use his arm screen all the time... I'd much rather he simply use audio and be absolutely free to move.

Zakalwe

Banned
I think if you don't find it on your own eventually Alfred will tell you where they are.

I thought something like that might happen. I just like weaving my own progress and the game is quite visually noisy, plus I had to lock it at 30 to get a decent performance, makes hunting this kind of thing a pain.

I'll be patient then. Thanks.

Really hate Harley's voice actor, the previous games VA was perfect. her dlc is pretty shit as well. disappointed.

I find Tara Strong's Harley very one-note. She only every does the shrill, shouting side of her personality, never the quiet, dopey moments that make Harley Harley. She doesn't really compare to Arleen Sorkin, the original voice actress from The Animated Series (and Arkham Asylum).

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Another thing that was cool about the ending (Its a quote)

"I am Vengeance"

"I am the night."

Dat nostalgia

Any tips for driving sideways? I'm in the tunnels and need to navigate around fans and half-openings. I can't get the hang of turning the batmobile sideways and keeping it there or maneuvering it properly while turned.

I find Tara Strong's Harley very one-note. She only every does the shrill, shouting side of her personality, never the quiet, dopey moments that make Harley Harley. She doesn't really compare to Arleen Sorkin, the original voice actress from The Animated Series (and Arkham Asylum).

Dat cartoon nostalgia. Gonna have to rewatch those...

Zakalwe

Banned
Any tips for driving sideways? I'm in the tunnels and need to navigate around fans and half-openings. I can't get the hang of turning the batmobile sideways and keeping it there or maneuvering it properly while turned.

First person camera makes this incredibly easy. It's the best view for racing imo.

Tara Strong's performance here is like nails on a chalkboard bad. I don't remember her being this shrill and one dimensional in Arkham City.

Liking it a lot so far. My only gripe is even though the batmobile looks cool as heck and is fun to play with in tank mode, it's a pretty crap car, with shitty grip and shitty brakes. :(

I enjoyed, but did not love, the first Batman. Should I get this? Has the series improved significantly since the first? I was a bit worried to see it seems to follow the same formula.

Hagi

Tara Strong's performance here is like nails on a chalkboard bad. I don't remember her being this shrill and one dimensional in Arkham City.

Yeah she's easily the worst performance in the game which is sad because it has a stellar voice cast. Ivy, Selina and Barbara are really good in this game. Time for her and Conroy to hand in their Batman voice cast cowls up.

I feel bad but I really really want an Arkham Collection or something like it for the PS4. I'd love to give Asylum and City another play.

Blader

Is there a way you can check how many hours you've put into the game, or does that not come up until the end credits or something?

Poona

Switch to battle mode? If you're not in a rush that mode makes it easy to move around. No accelerating just moving wherever by moving the controls.

ColEx

Just had my first PS4 lockup while playing this, hoping its the game that caused it and not my PS4. I had to pull the plug to allow it to turn back on, and then it booted straight into safe mode and did a system check.

Does anyone know if you can do the side missions after the main game? (No spoilers please, just a yes or no :p) I'm nearing the end of the main campaign I'm pretty sure but I want to do everything. :)

Zakalwe

Banned
I enjoyed, but did not love, the first Batman. Should I get this? Has the series improved significantly since the first? I was a bit worried to see it seems to follow the same formula.

If you didn't like the cbat and stealth and exploration, they're all still here just refined and expanded upon.

Now you also have arial traversal via the grapple and gliding (which is a very fun mechanic, never gets old), and the Batmobile pursuit and tank modes (opinions divided, I think it's awesome).

The open world is more a theme park to exploit the mechanics than a regular rpg world. There are no NPC quest givers, you can't go inside most buildings, etc... It's an action game with a large play pen. It's very well designed. It retains the Meroid type unlocking of items you can backtrack with to unlock new areas which many find appealing.

The game a incredibly varied too, you have:

Fighting
Stealth
Ariel traversal
Racing
Tank combat
Mild detective work
Puzzles
Lots of side quests with excellent characters
A well paced main campaign
An extensive upgrade system

If you really didn't enjoy Asylum there may be enough here to convince you. It's a fantastic game and nails the batman experience dead to the wall.

Risk it, imo.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Started over from the beginning due to the game-breaking glitch I encountered. Sucks, but at least I was "only" 20% through the game (or maybe just the main story? I don't know whether that percentage is for overall completion or not).

One thing I absolutely cannot get down is tapping R2 to deal with rushing enemies. I think I've done it successfully a grand total of two or three times, and that's in quite a few hours of playing. Am I supposed to tap it at the very moment the enemy makes contact with me, or...?

Grexeno

One thing I absolutely cannot get down is tapping R2 to deal with rushing enemies. I think I've done it successfully a grand total of two or three times, and that's in quite a few hours of playing. Am I supposed to tap it at the very moment the enemy makes contact with me, or...?
Press L2 the second you notice a charging enemy, and it'll quickfire a Batarang for an instant takedown.

Top Bottom