• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman: Arkham Knight |OT| Protect Gotham Racing

nOoblet16

0. Unless you count vehicle horsecrap. Then several incredibly awful ones.
I can't believe that the (last mission in one of the side quest that has to do with removing the military stronghold and stuff)
deathstroke
fight was a tank fight exactly like one of the story mission tank fights.

I mean wtf why would you have that character have a tank fight ?

Arkham Knight fight spoiler
and the fight against the Knight is a stupid sneak fight while he is sniping from a static location...a guy fully capable of taking on Batman and they make him sit at one place with a gun. When they could have a hide and sneak battle against someone who fought like batman

Alienous

I can't believe that the (last mission in one of the side quest that has to do with removing the military stronghold and stuff)
deathstroke

It doesn't require any significant additional design. No level design. No programming of a new element. No creation of new models, really.

It's simple and easy to make more 'difficult'. Just do more tanks and change how the vision cones are handled.

The battle-mode becomes a crutch for them, and it's clear as you get closer to the end. The time spent producing an actual boss fight versus having tanks that drive down streets you already created at a glacial pace (when they aren't completely stationary) is probably massive. It was just easier to do what they did; it didn't make story sense and robbed the game of what could have been a really cool moment, but fuck it, battle-mode.

and the fight against the Knight is a stupid sneak fight while he is sniping from a static location...a guy fully capable of taking on Batman and they make him sit at one place with a gun. When they could have a hide and sneak battle against someone who fought like batman

I can barely even imagine how cool
fighting against someone who is capable of all of your moves in a predator scenario would have been. You're trying to sneak up behind a guard and bam, right out of a vent, he's got you on the ground with a gun to your head. Smoke pellet and run away. You're walking past a weak wall. Kaboom, you're on the ground. "I know all of your tactics, Bruce. I learned from the best". How fucking awesome would that have been?

deathstroke

I mean wtf why would you have that character have a tank fight ?

It's especially jarring considering
a lot of the dialogue you get from him when doing the missions indicate his status as an assassin, and one of the few people able to go toe to toe with Batman in hand to hand combat, so it almost feels like they're setting up for a redux of the Origins boss fight, and nope! He's in a fucking tank.

Davide

25% game spoilers:

It seemed like Joker implied I had a choice between saving Barbara and Catwoman but I'm assuming it doesn't matter what order you do it in?

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
It's especially jarring considering
a lot of the dialogue you get from him when doing the missions indicate his status as an assassin, and one of the few people able to go toe to toe with Batman in hand to hand combat, so it almost feels like they're setting up for a redux of the Origins boss fight, and nope! He's in a fucking tank.

He even literally has lines saying stuff like
what happened to the batman who wasn't afraid to fight without a car and stuff like that. He chastises you on a lot of the side missions and does the same exact thing, lol.

RDreamer

Just picked this up... Mostly because Target has the most ridiculous sale right now. You get $15 off if you buy a Batman DVD with the game. Well the DVD was $5. Lol, so it's basically "we will pay you $10 to get take this DVD away from our store, PLEASE."

Gonna finish Witcher 3 tonight then try it out.

Durden77

So I still don't understand (end story spoilers)
How Jason was able to assemble this massive army. And how he seems to have so much military experience in general. Did I miss something? Because as far as I remember Jason grew up pretty much on the streets until Bruce found him. And was with him up until the Joker "killed" him.

RPGCrazied

These
Joker
bits is really well done. It really sells that Batman is
going crazy
. Shouldn't have inhaled that
fear gas
. lol

Alienous

So I still don't understand (end story spoilers)
How Jason was able to assemble this massive army. And how he seems to have so much military experience in general. Did I miss something? Because as far as I remember Jason grew up pretty much on the streets until Bruce found him. And was with him up until the Joker "killed" him.

Apparently
he builds the army and gets the drones with 3 billion dollars given to him by Scarecrow, from the collective funds of The Penguin, Two-Face, Harley Quinn and the Riddler. Somehow.

As for being a military like commander I have no idea. He doesn't seem very good at it anyway.

These
Joker
bits is really well done. It really sells that Batman is
going crazy
. Shouldn't have inhaled that
fear gas
. lol
Yeah, it's one of the best decisions they made I think. Distracts from how boring Bruce is as a character and adds a lot of personality.

I'm sure one of the thugs, referred to his partner as a human rights lawyer who himself has no idea what his partner (the thug) is up to when he's away.

Lol, that's pretty great.

Durden77

Apparently
he builds the army and gets the drones with 3 billion dollars given to him by Scarecrow, from the collective funds of The Penguin, Two-Face, Harley Quinn and the Riddler. Somehow.

As for being a military like commander I have no idea. He doesn't seem very good at it anyway.

That seems....very far fetched. Even in this universe. Why the hell would
all of these super villians give a kid 3 billion dollars? A kid that as far as we know, has no real military experience and just hates Batman a lot? Seems like Rocksteady just really wanted Jason to be the AK, but didn't think it through all that well.

I also don't remember hearing about that at all in-game. Guess I missed it.

Alienous

That seems....very far fetched. Even in this universe. Why the hell would
all of these super villians give a kid 3 billion dollars? A kid that as far as we know, has no real military experience and just hates Batman a lot? Seems like Rocksteady just really wanted Jason to be the AK, but didn't think it through all that well.

I also don't remember hearing about that at all in-game. Guess I missed it.

It's in the tapes.

A link, if you'd like.

Has anyone else gotten 3 stars on the last predator AR challenge? One of the medals says to KO the drone operator last. Except when he drops his drone to come find me and I KO him, I don't get the star. Bugged or do I have to get to him before he crashes his drone?

(Because there's one that says KO a medic last but even if they don't have their medkits anymore it still goes through fine)

Just hack the drone then go and KO him.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
does anyone know what the last-last (pre-credits) scene is actually a reference to?

erawsd

Is this true? Makes sense logically... But I've never heard that.

Yeah it seems true. I took down all the drones and towers and now there are 2 GCPD helicopters over Founder's Island. Problem is even following them around they take their sweet ass time reporting anything and often when they do its just a riot.

Amzin

I know exactly which one you mean, took me like 5 tries as well. Things can get pretty complex once you have to deal with 4 different archetypes.

So I took down a Riddler
riot bomb guy with the shock weapon
and it didn't mark any of them as "done" in the Riddler overview section. I have gone back to that area a couple times and hasn't reappeared either. Am I boned?

Magnus

Really frustrating problem.

My Grappel Boost has suddenly just stopped working properly after about 3 hours into the game. I mash X to speed up, hold X Going into the point where the hook is attached, and typically, I used to be able to continue holding X to glide. Now, Batman just falls after the apex of the boost, and I need to let go and press and hold X again to activate the glide. But by then, I've lost significant altitude.

I just let a friend share play my game and he's able to glide just fine on my game. This convinced me it's my Dual Shock 4. Fuck.

But holding X for anything else in the game seems to work fine, including a glide boost from the Batmobile. What gives?

Edit- after extensive testing, it seems to only work like 25% of the time. Whereas it used to work 100% of the time before. Is my X Button fucked maybe?

DrBo42

My Grappel Boost has suddenly just stopped working properly after about 3 hours into the game. I mash X to speed up, hold X Going into the point where the hook is attached, and typically, I used to be able to continue holding X to glide. Now, Batman just falls after the apex of the boost, and I need to let go and press and hold X again to activate the glide. But by then, I've lost significant altitude.

I just let a friend share play my game and he's able to glide just fine on my game. This convinced me it's my Dual Shock 4. Fuck.

But holding X for anything else in the game seems to work fine, including a glide boost from the Batmobile. What gives?

Same when you have it plugged into console? Most obvious answer is a hardware failure. Maybe try a database rebuild?

Edit: Actually, try the PS4 rebind thing that's built into the console and map it to another button first.

Edit- after extensive testing, it seems to only work like 25% of the time. Whereas it used to work 100% of the time before. Is my X Button fucked maybe?
This happened to me a lot at first. Stop holding R1 after the jump :)

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member

This is really dumb, but have you tried completely closing the Batman application and starting again?

Jigolo

Man been playing more of the game and it's just incredible. Makes you feel like you're actually in a Batman movie. The controls, fighting, cinematics, gliding, everything is just so smooooooth.

AHA-Lambda

Just finished the main campaign

wow that is such a BS ending that basically forces you into 100%ing the game

what utter wank.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
letting you finish the Catwoman stuff without getting all the trophies was a progressive move, but then not-ending the game based on the trophies? Yeah, having done that: it's dumb. A statistically insignificant portion of players will actually get all those damn trophies. It's currently 0.1% of players on PS4 (which I suspect is rounded up from even less). What were they thinking?

Huh...interesting. I don't even have those tapes. Where do you find tapes anyway? I've randomly got a few from who knows where.

If you go over the the Riddler tab, you'll see the trophies grouped together in a box. Completing a box will get you a tape. You'll get tapes for Arkham Knight collecting all the AK HQ trophies, Stagg tapes for all the Stagg Blimp ones, and tapes for
Henry Adams
for collecting all the movie studio ones. Not sure about the others yet.

Trying to takedown the drone tanks in one of the AR Challenges is a real pain in the ass. Those tanks apparently have the ability to stop on a dime, do a U-Turn, and fire off missiles with pinpoint accuracy all at once. They also have the reflexes of a cheetah. The "immobilizer" you can hit them with is practically useless because it doesn't make them stop at all and hardly even slows them down. This is the only thing I'm fed up with as far as challenges go. Getting the 3 stars on that one is hard enough without the game artificially giving the enemies more of an advantage.

Neiteio

I need I understand now why the riddles were left out of City... Jesus Christ.
Wait, there were riddles in City, weren't there? I distinctly remember the onscreen clues and having to look at certain skyscrapers a certain way in order to solve them.

Sober

The scan puzzles this time around were really finnicky or it would say "obstructed/too small/out of view" even if you were completely off the mark.

Also the scan puzzles were way to reliant on being waypointed to even show up I think, so yeah, there's that too.

Wait, there were riddles in City, weren't there? I distinctly remember the onscreen clues and having to look at certain skyscrapers a certain way in order to solve them.

I've been randomly doing this expecting something to say riddle solved. Is there none of that in this game?

Top Bottom