• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman: Arkham Knight |OT| Protect Gotham Racing

Durden77

If you go over the the Riddler tab, you'll see the trophies grouped together in a box. Completing a box will get you a tape. You'll get tapes for Arkham Knight collecting all the AK HQ trophies, Stagg tapes for all the Stagg Blimp ones, and tapes for
Henry Adams
for collecting all the movie studio ones. Not sure about the others yet.

Ahhh thanks.

Question about 100% stuff.
Once I activate the Knightfall Protocol, is that like a no going back thing? I still have the watchtowers, bombs, and Riddler to finish up, and I want to get 100%. But I want to see this ending.

Ahhh thanks.

Question about 100% stuff.
Once I activate the Knightfall Protocol, is that like a no going back thing? I still have the watchtowers, bombs, and Riddler to finish up, and I want to get 100%. But I want to see this ending.
You'll get the partial ending, then be sent right back to the post game where you'll be prompted to get 100% so you can activate the full Knightfall Protocol.

Megasoum

Banned
I'm restarting the game on PS4 now after having played a couple of hours on PC.

First of all it's so pretty and smooth.....

Second thing, it's really annoying that you can't switch the batmobile setting to toggle until you played a fair bit of the game. Having to hold that button is so annoying.

Durden77

You'll get the partial ending, then be sent right back to the post game where you'll be prompted to get 100% so you can activate the full Knightfall Protocol.

Mr. Burns must've moved to Gotham, because it's day/night cycle is severely fucked up. This is the longest night in the history of mankind.

Still loving it though. Thanks for the heads up.

I know it's difficult to summarize 115 pages of GAF impressions, but...what's the general consensus on the game?

I caved and ended up buying it because I managed to sell inFamous Second Son and some pet-related items for $35 dollars, and didn't feel like trickling the cash away on coffee or other such random things...so I put it towards the Special Edition Steelbook.

I'm not a huge fan of steelbooks, but this one is admittedly quite gorgeous.

Still need to install the game, but probably won't get around to it until I at least play a bit more of The Witcher.

So what say you, GAF? Will I regret my decision? I was a huge fan of Arkham Asylum, but thought City was a bit of a step down. Origins was okay; I liked the story in Origins more than I did City.

If anything, I want to play this for the apparently gorgeous visuals.

Oh my fucking god.

The fight
with the cloudburst
is the cheapest most frustrating pile of goddamn bullshit I have seen.

That section alone almost ruins the game. Playing cat and mouse is hard enough, but the fact that you have no room to escape when seen and keep getting hit despite running at max speed is just too fucking much.
On three different occassions I managed to destroy all four coolants, only to have such little health to end the fight.

For those of you just starting the game and saying the batmobile is fun. Just wait until you get to the section (without spoiling too much) where Gotham changes color.

This is the section where the batmobile is at its absolute worst. The developers were clearly trying to get cute and clever, but just went overboard.

How this section was determined to be fun is beyond me.

Seriously Rocksteady go fuck yourselves....

Isn't there a checkpoint
after you destroy the 4 canisters? The part after that is not difficult at all if you powered up the batmobile to max health, you just get in front of the thing and spam bullets and missiles at the glowing part and you'll destroy it with a tiny bit of energy of left.

I was just as annoyed with it as most people were until I realized how much time I wasted trying to do stealth when it wasn't necessary at all.

ElRenoRaven

I know it's difficult to summarize 115 pages of GAF impressions, but...what's the general consensus on the game?

I caved and ended up buying it because I managed to sell inFamous Second Son and some pet-related items for $35 dollars, and didn't feel like trickling the cash away on coffee or other such random things...so I put it towards the Special Edition Steelbook.

I'm not a huge fan of steelbooks, but this one is admittedly quite gorgeous.

Still need to install the game, but probably won't get around to it until I at least play a bit more of The Witcher.

So what say you, GAF? Will I regret my decision? I was a huge fan of Arkham Asylum, but thought City was a bit of a step down. Origins was okay; I liked the story in Origins more than I did City.

If anything, I want to play this for the apparently gorgeous visuals.

Everyone agrees it's a good game. It's split about 50/50 on Batmobile and it's usage in the game. Everyone agrees you could see and people did see some reveals coming months before release. Some that lowered their love of the game and some were like meh it's ok.

Overall though if you liked the other games you should like this game.

Mothafucking Burnout Revenge up in my Batman.

I love this game.

My roommate was watching me play earlier tonight, and I was doing a chase sequence and he literally said "Are you playing Burnout in the Batmobile?" It's so awesome, probably my favorite part of the game. Just wish they'd focused more on that aspect of the Batmobile and less of the tank stuff.

ElRenoRaven

For what it's worth that's by far the worst part of the game. I agree though, no idea what they were thinking there.

Oh and wanted to say that I agree without a doubt. I hated it with a passion and also wasn't a fan of
the excavator fight either

How do you connect the bridge to Founder's Island? Linked with main story? I'm at the part
after Poison Ivy reinforce the ancient plant.

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
Isn't there a checkpoint
after you destroy the 4 canisters? The part after that is not difficult at all if you powered up the batmobile to max health, you just get in front of the thing and spam bullets and missiles at the glowing part and you'll destroy it with a tiny bit of energy of left.

I was just as annoyed with it as most people were until I realized how much time I wasted trying to do stealth when it wasn't necessary at all.

Interesting. It turns out that yes there is indeed a checkpoint after what you mentioned. However, it appears to be glitchy since it didn't register until the third time for me.

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
So does Lucius Fox have people working at Wayne Enterprises inventing things during all of this? Did they invent like 8 new things in a single night? Is he doing it all himself?

Thats appears to be the case. If you recall in Batman Begins he synthesized an antidote for Scarecrow in a night.

Yeah, not possible.

Sober

I guess I should just stick to story missions instead of jumping into the AR stuff right away.

I can;t get more than 5 'kills' in the road rage challenge no matter how hard I try. Tank mode doesn't do shit so all I can do is try to ram them off the road. I'm assuming I get something to help a bit later?
Armoured humvees/APCs are manned, so you need to be in driving/pursuit mode to KO them. You use the immobilizer/rocket launcher. You just chase after them and lock on and take a few hits at them to knock them out for it to count. Tank mode is useless for that.

Oh my fucking god.

The fight
with the cloudburst

That section alone almost ruins the game. Playing cat and mouse is hard enough, but the fact that you have no room to escape when seen and keep getting hit despite running at max speed is just too fucking much.
On three different occassions I managed to destroy all four coolants, only to have such little health to end the fight.

For those of you just starting the game and saying the batmobile is fun. Just wait until you get to the section (without spoiling too much) where Gotham changes color.

This is the section where the batmobile is at its absolute worst. The developers were clearly trying to get cute and clever, but just went overboard.

Yeah, I feel the same way. Ive been stuck on that part for a few days now. Screw it.

Lingitiz

Just finished it. Overall I have a lot of mixed thoughts on it. Better than City (which I didn't like) but way worse than Asylum.

Also, did anyone have a hard time getting the combat to really click with them? I feel like with both this and City they added so many extra unnecessary layers to it that just hurts your momentum and constantly trips me up, especially having to remember the different types of two button presses for each scenario. Less could be more in this case.

Batmobile was fun at first but there weren't enough pursuit sections. All of the tank sections were forgettable and borderline frustrating.

WAY too much
Joker
in this game. Overstayed his welcome and I was so tired of all his scenes by the end.

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
Just finished it. Overall I have a lot of mixed thoughts on it. Better than City (which I didn't like) but way worse than Asylum.

Also, did anyone have a hard time getting the combat to really click with them? I feel like with both this and City they added so many extra unnecessary layers to it that just hurts your momentum and constantly trips me up, especially having to remember the different types of two button presses for each scenario. Less could be more in this case.

Batmobile was fun at first but there weren't enough pursuit sections. All of the tank sections were forgettable and borderline frustrating.

WAY too much
Joker
in this game. Overstayed his welcome and I was so tired of all his scenes by the end.

yeah, the combat was tweaked in ways that were completely unnecessary. The removal of the batswarm just absolutely SUCKED. Not having that made almost every encounter more difficult. Especially since there were more enemies.

Durden77

Soooo (90% spoilers),
I'm activating the Kightfall Protocol, and Batman says send the Batwing he's going to the rendezvous point. But I get no marker or anything. I tried going to the Batsignal too because I heard that was it, but I'm not getting anything.

Dave_6

Oh my fucking god.

The fight
with the cloudburst

I'm stuck on this part now :( So fucking frustrating. I've been really happy with this game until now and holy shit is this part terrible!

Sami+

I'm fucking done for the night, I can't do this. God, fuck this game, fuck the tank.

Can't believe I spent $60 on PSN for this. City was so much better. I'm legit pissed off I wasted so much money on this instead of Witcher 3.

At this point I'm just pushing to beat it because I'm close and want my money's worth. But Battlefield: Arkham gets a 5/10 from me.

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
I'm stuck on this part now :( So fucking frustrating. I've been really happy with this game until now and holy shit is this part terrible!

I'm fucking done for the night, I can't do this. God, fuck this game, fuck the tank.

Can't believe I spent $60 on PSN for this. City was so much better. I'm legit pissed off I wasted so much money on this instead of Witcher 3.

At this point I'm just pushing to beat it because I'm close and want my money's worth. But Battlefield: Arkham gets a 5/10 from me.

Nice to see. I am not the only one who hates them.

What sucks is that I was starting to sort of like the battank sections, but that battle.....just ridiculous.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
You guys struggling with the Cobra battles: Did you buy the lure upgrade? It makes those encounters fairly easy. Fire a shot down a road to lure one of the outlier tanks away, take him out, rinse and repeat.

BY2K

Membero Americo
What the hell are those square metal panels with the green wi-fi looking light and how do I open them!?

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
What the hell are those square metal panels with the green wi-fi looking light and how do I open them!?
Batmobile battle mode, press up on the d-pad for a sonar/detective type mode. They don't open, but prompt a path of green question marks in the area for you to follow.
Not sure if this ability is available right away or if unlocks at some point, I can't remember.

Sami+

how far am i in this shit

in a churchyard defending ivy's tree, ivy's like "BATMAN I CAN ONLY HELP YOU IN THE CHURCHYARD" and arkham knights like "MORE DRONES MORE DRONES MORE DRONES MORE DRONES MOAR MOAR MOAR" and theres like ten million drones

am i almost done please tell me im almost fucking done

in a churchyard defending ivy's tree, ivy's like "BATMAN I CAN ONLY HELP YOU IN THE CHURCHYARD" and arkham knights like "MORE DRONES MORE DRONES MORE DRONES MORE DRONES MOAR MOAR MOAR" and theres like ten million drones

I'd say like about 75%, but I don't need to say, cause the game has a percentage on the mission wheel. :]

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
You guys struggling with the Cobra battles: Did you buy the lure upgrade? It makes those encounters fairly easy. Fire a shot down a road to lure one of the outlier tanks away, take him out, rinse and repeat.

No, that was one upgrade I hadn't acquired.

Prior to the battle towards the end that everyone is bitching about, I actually liked the Cobra encounters quite a bit. I felt it was fun playing a little cat and mouse with them and pretty easily dominated them.

That all went to shit with that final encounter.

I have to say that I seriously pity anybody who attempts to do that last part of the game without upgrading their tank.

At first I loved the batmobile, then I HATED it because it was too hard to use. Then I realized I just sucked and eventually got better at it. Battlemode is MUCH better than the actual driving mechanics.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68xmjT4Cu1w

I feel that Arkham Knight needed another year of development. I am glad that they delayed it for 6 months, but I feel that WB pressured them into releasing the game, which meant they had to cut corners and literally have a single button press to defeated some of the side villians.

The game is still amazing though, but apart from the main story and about 4 side quests. The game feels empty

Lingitiz

Awful segment. I didn't like how they just resorted to throwing insane amounts of drones at you in the last third of the game. Not fun at all. Same goes for the melee combat sections with the annoying medics, shock guys, shield guys, and big giant meathead dudes.

Zakalwe

Banned
Really enjoyed the two boss encounters
(cloudburst and excavator)
. I think I may be in the minority here. I love the Battank too, though.

Those reveals of
Jason and Barbera
felt quite flat, the story in this game isn't very effective. The moment to moment stuff is great, but overall it lacks impact.

I wonder how I'll feel about this at the end...

Dominator

I'm loving this game, but yeah, the tank sections are just so boring. I LOVE driving the Batmobile around the city, the controls for that are fantastic and it's great, but then once you get into tank mode it all falls apart.

I see no scenario where that could have been very fun gameplay anyway, and I don't mind it every know and then but they shoehorn it in so much that it just becomes ridiculous.

Still, I'm enjoying my time with the game very much. I'll do every mission but I don't know if I can do all of these Riddler challenges lol

Finished the
cloudburst drone/tank fight earlier, my god what a bunch of bullshit. It's so hard to get away that quickly, what were they thinking? It's not even a remotely fun or smartly designed boss fight. Really my least favorite part of the game so far.

Lingitiz

Really enjoyed the two boss encounters
(cloudburst and excavator)
. I think I may be in the minority here. I love the Battank too, though.

Those reveals of
Jason and Barbera
felt quite flat, the story in this game isn't very effective. The moment to moment stuff is great, but overall it lacks impact.

I wonder how I'll feel about this at the end...

Scarecrow and the Arkham Knight never really felt like huge threats to me. The overall conflict doesn't come off as grand as they think it should be.

There's a long way to go, and a lot more drone fights, and you haven't even hit the worst Batmobile boss fight. You ain't seen nothing yet.

viveks86

Just hangin'

batmanak2015-06-2723-b0atd.png

Sami+

Though, if you don't like tank battles.

You are going to HATE the last one in the story.

There's a long way to go, and a lot more drone fights, and you haven't even hit the worst Batmobile boss fight. You ain't seen nothing yet.

I genuinely don't know if I can bring myself to finish this game and I have NEVER done that before, it's just such a fucking chore to play.

Top Bottom