• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman: Arkham Knight |OT| Protect Gotham Racing

VanWinkle

Question about Riddler stuff:
I was on top of GCPD and this riddle came up. Something about the symbol on the sky. It's like it wants me to do something but I'm new to this series so I have no idea what. Can somebody help? Like, do I have to find the source of the lit up symbol in the sky? If so, I looked all around the roof and couldn't find anything.

I'm just confused

I was on top of GCPD and this riddle came up. Something about the symbol on the sky. It's like it wants me to do something but I'm new to this series so I have no idea what. Can somebody help? Like, so I have to find the source of the lit up symbol in the sky? If so, I looked all around the roof and couldn't find anything.

I'm just confused

Go to
the bat signal and hold up on the d-pad.

hlhbk

So I am
On the airship
. I know its early in the story, and I love it so far, but I seriously don't see what caused this game to get an M rating? No excessive gore or language so far. Does it get worse later?

So I am
On the airship
. I know its early in the story, and I love it so far, but I seriously don't see what caused this game to get an M rating? No excessive gore or language so far. Does it get worse later?
The whole game is just really bleak I think

Sober

I was on top of GCPD and this riddle came up. Something about the symbol on the sky. It's like it wants me to do something but I'm new to this series so I have no idea what. Can somebody help? Like, so I have to find the source of the lit up symbol in the sky? If so, I looked all around the roof and couldn't find anything.

I'm just confused
The [ ] type of riddles are the kind you have to find in the world - it might be like a poster or diorama or something unique-ish. You hold the detective mode button (probably dpad up) to scan it like you're taking a picture.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
So I am
On the airship

Yes

jbug617

Banned
Just finished Harley's stuff at the movie studio. Probably my favorite part of the game as of now especially the Johnny Charisma part. Very fun and different.

Zakalwe

Banned
Well, after almost giving up, I started just gliding above the city, beating up thugs and finding new quests. And now, I can't stop playing. I just hate the Riddler's stuff involving the Batmobile. And even if I don't enjoy the drone fights with it, it's still a blast to drive around the city. Also, the graphics are truly amazing.

What don't you like about them?

The races are really fun, especially to time trial in the challenge modes, and the puzzles are all pretty simple.

The second race was especially good, managed to score +12 Rival Points I played it so much.

So I am
On the airship

There's a part at the very end that makes the M rating pretty obvious.

IMO they are as good, or even better than ever, and a huge upgrade over Origins. Plus actual riddles are back as well.

The big caveat is that a lot of them involve the (creative) use of the Batmobile so if you don't like using it then that may bring down your opinion some.

Excellent, thanks. Installing now. Looking forward to getting stuck in.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
So I am
On the airship

Not a direct story spoiler, just a description of why I think it got the rating but I tagged it for the sensitive.
There's a lot of restrained people getting executed. That's something the ESRB is very strict about.

Mossybrew

I think it could be just me getting old, but this series could use some streamlining in the controls department. There are just so damn many input commands to remember, often in the heat of battle. And when you start upgrading moves you just get more. Ugh. It makes it into one of those games you really have to devote your time to. I remember taking a break from City and coming back and its like, how the hell do I control the Batman and his many gadgets.

Anyway I'm still at the beginning of the game, but got to the point where it opens up a bit, and I'm enjoying it more. The city itself is really impressive once you slow down and start to notice details. I dig how not everything is highlighted on your minimap or even in game, you really have to just use your eyes and pay attention. Great example was chasing down
ManBat
early on - almost any other game would have him highlighted with a big arrow or some shit. Refreshing.

HardRojo

What kinda bothered me about the Riddler informants was they didn't even bother to contextualize it this time around. At least in City Batman says and downloads a list of known Riddler informants before they start glowing green. Here they just kinda glow green and if you didn't play the last game, well, too bad, I guess. That was a weird decision.
Yeah, that was a bit weird.

Fair warning for people playing on PS4. Yesterday I left my PS4 in rest mode and the game suspended. Today, 10 hours later, I tried to turn it on and my PS4 would stay with the blinking blue light, unable to boot up. I had to boot it up on safe mode and re-download the latest firmware patch. It's fine now but it got me worried for a while.

Toa TAK

Banned
Holy crap, these Riddler challenge rooms are awesome. Way to make fun use of the Batmobile by adding a thrilling racetrack.

Vire

Am I missing a gadget? I've beaten the game but I still have a missing spot in the upper left corner on the wheel.

What'd I miss?

pots555

What don't you like about them?

The races are really fun, especially to time trial in the challenge modes, and the puzzles are all pretty simple.

The second race was especially good, managed to score +12 Rival Points I played it so much.

I am not a big fan of the races. I am an older gamer (43) and I liked the previous Arkham games because I could take my time with them. My reflexes are not as good as they used to be.

Animal

Banned
I am trying to activate the Midnight Fury challenge by ejecting from my Batmobile and gliding for 300m. I know I am doing more than 300m because I set a waypoint on map that live updates my distance to it while I glide. The challenge refuses to unlock :(

SJRB

Gold Member
I don't understand why they'd make those APCs drive faster than the Batmobile's max speed. Not to mention them seemingly being able to defy all laws of physics.

Where is the fun in this?

Cindro

Rocksteady is making it pretty damn obvious at this point in the story who the Arkham Knight is
- you could say they are being about as subtle with the reveal as being beaten with a crowbar - but that's fine with me because it's being handled really well with the awesome flashbacks and everything.

Can't wait to play more tonight. This game is just constantly on my mind when I'm not playing it. It's just so impossibly rad.

Zakalwe

Banned
I don't understand why they'd make those APCs drive faster than the Batmobile's max speed. Not to mention them seemingly being able to defy all laws of physics.

Where is the fun in this?

Upgade your afterburner.

They're nowhere near as bad as you're making out, the BM is just as manoeuvrable at top speeds. Make use of powerslides and the side dodge, you can burn around the city at top speed if you focus.

The APC events are easy upgrade points, I love running into one!

So can you get all the riddles in one playthrough? I have most of the Most Wanted quests done, only a couple left(
Azrael, Riddler
).

Is there a good guide on how to get them all?

Also somehow there are 15(i have about 4 or so) trophies/riddles on the stag airships. WHAT?! I think I maybe got like six of them and didn't really see anymore.

EDIT: I might just youtube the real ending. Ugh, some of the riddler stuff I do enjoy but it just seems like an awful lot this time around.

Animal

Banned
I am trying to activate the Midnight Fury challenge by ejecting from my Batmobile and gliding for 300m. I know I am doing more than 300m because I set a waypoint on map that live updates my distance to it while I glide. The challenge refuses to unlock :(

Nevermind. I figured it out:

You have to glide in more or less a straight line without really touching the left joystick.

Toa TAK

Banned
Post-game question:

Has anyone done all the side-missions before completing the story? I imagine all the dialogue from EVERYONE knowing about Bruce Wayne is different?

I'm loving that we get commentary from everyone on it, though. It's fascinating that they went through with it.

Alienous

AHHHHH, Toa

This isn't the spoiler thread!!!

EDIT:

Animal, if you are reading this could you extend your post by a couple dozen lines and have 'The next post is a spoiler' in bold until it's tagged.

Top Bottom