• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman: Arkham Knight |OT| Protect Gotham Racing

KevinG

Fuck me why did I click that... and at the same time, fuck me that sounds awesome.

:D Check your story % progress. (Best feature of the game IMO).

I was exploring the menu earlier and must've missed that feature.

Sorry you got a little spoiled. Don't think its that big of one.

Neiteio

Does anyone remember where I can find the Asia-themed restaurant/bar that's on the rooftop of a building? I think there was a firefighter rescue there. It had a cool pulsing floor and geisha-themed tables. It was my favorite spot so far but I have no idea where it was located.

Grexeno

Alright, am I the only one who can't get more Riddler informants to spawn while there's still one or two trophies/riddles left unmarked?

Haines

Banned
Man these massive open world games drive me nuts...

I don't have much time so by the time I start getting into the game and doing a few things, I have to turn it off. So every time I play one I barely get anywhere before I'm onto another game that values my time more.

I'm hoping to stick with this one but i just find these games are going to be enjoyed by people with lots of time to sink into it and really learn the game mechanics and world they are playing in.

Wakka212

Man these massive open world games drive me nuts...

I don't have much time so by the time I start getting into the game and doing a few things, I have to turn it off. So every time I play one I barely get anywhere before I'm onto another game that values my time more.

I'm hoping to stick with this one but i just find these games are going to be enjoyed by people with lots of time to sink into it and really learn the game mechanics and world they are playing in.

The nice thing about this one though is that you're progression isn't tied to your level; you can get through the story without doing any sidequests if you really want.

I know how you feel though...not much time to game these days. That's why I enjoyed the Order's length - very tight experiences.

Has anyone been able to get the one riddler trophy where
there is a riddler robot behind some bars and Im assuming you have to make him move onto the switch a few feet in front of him? There is a riddler button you can hit with a boomerang and a winch that you can power with the batmobile but everytime I aim at the winch there is never an option that pop ups to power it.

Sober

This Brutality 101 trophy... damn it's hard.
Tower Defense AR challenge is probably the best way to try to get it. At least it'll tell you what your move variation was if you feel like you missed something. Took me a bit to get it too. At least that challenge gives you weapons to break, knives to dodge counter and a brute or two. Don't think gadget moves count towards it though.

Fucking hell, the Perfect Crime mission..
That was some Bioshock shit. Was not expecting something that dark in this game.

I'm just happy the character was written as the comic book version.
The Pyg in Bedard the Batman is practically a different character. Check out Morrison's run of Batman and Robin if you want more.

Palpable

I'm at the part in the story (towards the end I think) where I
am headed to turn myself in to Scarecrow. Everyone keeps saying stuff to do with not being able to come back from it or to do shit in the city. I'm wondering if that's a hint about not being able to free roam and finish quests after this mission

That being said, can I still finish side quests after I complete this story mission?

am headed to turn myself in to Scarecrow. Everyone keeps saying stuff to do with not being able to come back from it or to do shit in the city. I'm wondering if that's a hint about not being able to free roam and finish quests after this mission

That being said, can I still finish side quests after I complete this story mission?

Nah, it's not a point of no return. You can definitely do side stuff after that story mission.

Yes, don't worry about it.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Has anyone been able to get the one riddler trophy where
there is a riddler robot behind some bars and Im assuming you have to make him move onto the switch a few feet in front of him? There is a riddler button you can hit with a boomerang and a winch that you can power with the batmobile but everytime I aim at the winch there is never an option that pop ups to power it.
Wait until you get the voice gadget.

RDreamer

Played a little tonight, and wow. I mean I expected something a bit different, but... this doesn't feel like a batman game at all. It's all a little weird and not really grabbing me that much.

I'm sure I'll grow into some of it once I get used to it. Still.. uh...

Scarphace

Okay so I am doing the part where
you have to track the arkham knight vehicle tracks. I follow the tracks and they suddenly just stop when you get in front of the clock tower. I read somewhere else that somebody was having this problem but they restarted and it fixed it. I tried that but it doesn't work for me and I can't move on with the story.
Anyone else have this glitch happen and if so how did you fix it?

DrBo42

Okay so I am doing the part where
you have to track the arkham knight vehicle tracks. I follow the tracks and they suddenly just stop when you get in front of the clock tower. I read somewhere else that somebody was having this problem but they restarted and it fixed it. I tried that but it doesn't work for me and I can't move on with the story.
Anyone else have this glitch happen and if so how did you fix it?

Maybe try going to another island and then returning?

zkorejo

Played for about 2-3 hours yesterday. I am actually enjoying the game. I may be in the minority (or maybe because I am not too far into the game) I like the Batmobile and riddler challenges so far.

Story looks good too. My only problem is the camera angles when gliding. Why cant I look up when gliding?

DrBo42

Played for about 2-3 hours yesterday. I am actually enjoying the game. I may be in the minority (or maybe because I am not too far into the game) I like the Batmobile and riddler challenges so far.

Story looks good too. My only problem is the camera angles when gliding. Why cant I look up when gliding?

You can hold L2 to aim your next grapple if that makes you feel any better.

Wow the "boss" battles against
Arkham Knight
, where you are using the Batmobile, sure are fucking terrible. I'm really liking just about everything in the game, but so many of the Batmobile sections suck the wind out of the game. I guess it just goes to show how strong the melee and predator combat is that I still am really liking the game as a whole.

Sober

Can you use upgrades in them, or do you get powered down to prevent spamming?
You get whatever progress story mode you have, also upgrades Batman and the Batmobile has. There's a challenge or two that tell you you need an upgrade to help you get the medal anyway.

If anything I think the AR challenges are nerfed down to probably normal if you're on hard.

HOLY JUMP SCARE BATMAN!!!
After my inicial encounter with the
Bat Creature
I feel a little lost, how do you get the
blood sample
?, I see the damm thing I can´t seem to find a way to get close to it.

Edit: Game kicks ass by the way!

DOG3NZAKA

Banned
Alright. I completed the game and initiated the
Nightfall Protocol

Overall, the game is great, but could be so so so sooooooo much better with more dungeon crawling and bosses. There are a total
ZERO
legitimate boss fights in this game. Yes,
fucking ZERO
. I'm refering to what most people would consider your typical boss fight. That really bums me out a lot.

DrBo42

Nightfall Protocol

Overall, the game is great, but could be so so so sooooooo much better with more dungeon crawling and bosses. There are a total
ZERO
fucking ZERO
. I'm refering to what most people would consider your typical boss fight. That really bums me out a lot.

Yeah, game is full of massive missed potential. Still pretty good but could have been amazing. It's heartbreaking.

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
Oh my fucking god.

The fight
with the cloudburst
is the cheapest most frustrating pile of goddamn bullshit I have seen.

That section alone almost ruins the game. Playing cat and mouse is hard enough, but the fact that you have no room to escape when seen and keep getting hit despite running at max speed is just too fucking much.
On three different occassions I managed to destroy all four coolants, only to have such little health to end the fight.

For those of you just starting the game and saying the batmobile is fun. Just wait until you get to the section (without spoiling too much) where Gotham changes color.

This is the section where the batmobile is at its absolute worst. The developers were clearly trying to get cute and clever, but just went overboard.

How this section was determined to be fun is beyond me.

Seriously Rocksteady go fuck yourselves....

Vire

Nightfall Protocol

ZERO
fucking ZERO

I'm kinda over the typical 90's boss fights and the ones in the previous games were fucking terrible. No tears shed here.

DrBo42

I'm kinda over the typical 90's boss fights and the ones in the previous games were fucking terrible. No tears shed here.

I can get behind that. But we're talking about the people that gave us the Freeze fight. They have the potential for great boss fights and gave us well, you know.

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
I can get behind that. But we're talking about the people that gave us the Freeze fight. They have the potential for great boss fights and gave us well, you know.

I disagree, i felt many of the fights in the batman games were good. Mr. Freeze being one of the best. But Solomon Grundy was good.

DrBo42

I disagree, i felt many of the fights in the batman games were good. Mr. Freeze being one of the best. But Solomon Grundy was good.

I think for the most part they're just okay but Freeze elevated things while maintaining the authenticity of both characters. Exactly what you want to see in a Batman game. Not sure why I'm arguing, we're mostly on the same page.

Okay so I loaded the backup got to that part and I get the same problem :(

Try getting someone to share play it and see if they encounter the same thing?

Small detail, but I love the little blurbs for the alternate costumes at the showcase menu (i.e. The Adam West suit blurb saying "The batphone's ringing").

ZERO
fucking ZERO

Yeah, they didn't even try. One of my favorite things about Arkham games were the boss fights. Outside of Origins and Mr. Freeze in AC, they weren't really all that thoughtfully designed, but they did a great job of making you feel like a badass when fighting them. They had somewhat improved from Asylum to City, so I was looking forward to seeing if they would improve on City's bosses with Knight. Instead, they went in the completely opposite direction and just got rid of traditional boss fights altogether. Shame too, because there's so much missed potential.

How cool would it have been to actually fight
Man-Bat
above Gotham? It would have been a great way to show off the new ability to quickfire gadgets in the air. Someone else a few pages back mentioned an idea for the Arkham Knight fight where it's a predator encounter against an opponent that has the same Predator takedowns/abilities and mobility you do. But I guess long drawn out tank fighting sections with even longer tank stealth sections were more important. Shame.

sikkinixx

I guess I should just stick to story missions instead of jumping into the AR stuff right away.

I can;t get more than 5 'kills' in the road rage challenge no matter how hard I try. Tank mode doesn't do shit so all I can do is try to ram them off the road. I'm assuming I get something to help a bit later?

Top Bottom