• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman: Arkham Knight |OT| Protect Gotham Racing

ANDS

King of Gaslighting
This game I swear does everything in it's power to waste hours of fun with segments of bullshit nonsense.

The tank fight at
Divinity Church with Ivy. . .
Yea fuck that.

Cindro

"My bad" definitely covers it - it's not like some of us were waiting four years to see how Rocksteady concludes their story. Thanks for your two second apology post!

Ryne

Man the
jump scares
are annoying. However I am having much more fun with this game than I did with the previous ones. I can't put it down despite having the inferior PC version.

I find I am getting overwhelmed with how much there is to do in this game, and all of those Riddler trophies.

Yeah just did, sorry. What the hell man seriously I was going to play the game in a few days, god dammit.

unfortunately, hanging out in the ot of a game you're playing has become a lot riskier in the last while than it ever used to be. people's 'enthusiasm' seems to override their ability to stop & think for a moment...

nOoblet16

It was an honest mistake it seems. What do you guys rather have him do apart from tagging it and apologising which he did? it can't be undone now (for people who read it) so there's no point to keep discussing it really...and asking for bans is just like eh.

Arnie7

Banned
maxresdefault.jpg

Man, am I glad a game getting spoiled isn't the end of the world for me.

I find I am getting overwhelmed with how much there is to do in this game, and all of those Riddler trophies.

Fortunately, all of the side stuff can be done in the post game, so you can just focus on the main mission in the meantime.

It was an honest mistake it seems. What do you guys rather have him do apart from tagging it and apologising which he did? it can't be undone now (for people who read it) so there's no point to keep discussing it really...and asking for bans is just like eh.
Yeah, that's what I'm thinking. And I mean, it's not like half the twists in this game are surprising, they're still done really well.

Because it wasn't spoiled for you?
No it was, which is annoying. But I'm not getting furious about it because it seems like it was an honest mistake.

Man, am I glad a game getting spoiled isn't the end of the world for me.

Fortunately, all of the side stuff can be done in the
post game
, so you can just focus on the main mission in the meantime.
Wow, there's a
post game
? Spoiler tag that shit!
lol

nOoblet16

Yeah, that's what I'm thinking. And I mean, it's not like half the twists in this game are surprising, they're still done really well.

No it was, which is annoying. But I'm not getting furious about it because it seems like it was an honest mistake.

Wow, there's a
post game
? Spoiler tag that shit!
lol
Yea it's not particularly a game like Mass Efect or metal gear, and it's a superhero game to top it off where you see things from miles off and have already seen/heard a lot of the story. This is the equivalent of a marvel movie or superman being spoiled because I have been waiting for years.

But I understand people might see it differently. But again asking for a ban is just too much.

SliChillax

Might as well get a refund for the game and watch a YouTube playthrough now lol and also swim in the spoiler thread (yeah there's a spoiler thread for asking questions about spoilers)

jrush64

Banned
So I have a question, how many boss fights in total does this game have. I just left Ace Chemicals so please no spoilers, I just want a ballpark figure.

Yea it's not particularly a game like Mass Efect, and it's a superhero game to top it off where you see things from miles off and have already seen/heard a lot of the story. This is the equivalent of an avengers movie or superman being spoiled because I have been waiting for years.

But I understand people might see it differently. But again asking for a ban is just too much.
Mhmm. It sucks, and I can understand being pissed, but it doesn't seem like a good reason for a ban.

Cindro

I mean, this IS a Batman thread. Batman is all about hardcore justice, which a ban would fall under.

Just because a mistake was "honest" doesn't abscond the person from responsibility or consequence.

I'm going to get offline for a while and do some breathing exercises to cool my jets. Batman is serious business and just AAAGGGHHH.

SliChillax

Man I don't even care about Batman it's just that I love the Arkham games :( I wouldn't ask for a ban ever but it's just so agghhhhh

On the good side now I can spoil my friend who is a huge Batman fan if he annoys me.

Alienous

Might as well get a refund for the game and watch a YouTube playthrough now lol and also swim in the spoiler thread (yeah there's a spoiler thread for asking questions about spoilers)

No you shouldn't. The game isn't one thing.

It sucks but there are still a lot of unknowns, twists and events that you shouldn't stop yourself from experiencing.

erawsd

Did they remove the sonic batarang? If so, whats the most effective way for luring enemies into traps? Trying to do this predator challenge where you have to do a fear takedown through a wall. Tried throwing regular batarangs and they'll turn in the direction and say "I think a hear batman over there" but they dont actually go and check it, they just stare for a sec and go back to patroling.

I mean, this IS a Batman thread. Batman is all about hardcore justice, which a ban would fall under.

Just because a mistake was "honest" doesn't abscond the person from responsibility or consequence.

I'm going to get offline for a while and do some breathing exercises to cool my jets. Batman is serious business and just AAAGGGHHH.
I thought Batman's whole shtick is that he's not about hardcore justice? That's also not a good reason for a ban either lol

Did they remove the sonic batarang? If so, whats the most effective way for luring enemies into traps? Trying to do this predator challenge where you have to do a fear takedown through a wall. Tried throwing regular batarangs and they'll turn in the direction and say "I think a hear batman over there" but they dont actually go and check it, they just stare for a sec and go back to patroling.

Try luring them with the voice emulator?

So I have a question, how many boss fights in total does this game have. I just left Ace Chemicals so please no spoilers, I just want a ballpark figure.

Kind of hard to say. The game doesn't really have many boss fights in the traditional sense.

Including DLC, no more than
___five___

Weird, when I try redeeming the Skin code from the Scarecrow DLC sheet, it says its been used before :s

PSN download speeds have become atrocious again

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
Man, just love the variety and use of the batmobile in this game.
Yeah, unsurprisingly I feel more like Batman racing through Gotham then stopping and hearing all the thugs go "its the Batman!" And running off, the way the world reacts to your presence in this is fantastic
Always felt off in the other games gliding everywhere.
I also like how if you leave the Batmobile unattended thugs will check it out and you can activate defensive measures lol

Sober

Has anyone else gotten 3 stars on the last predator AR challenge? One of the medals says to KO the drone operator last. Except when he drops his drone to come find me and I KO him, I don't get the star. Bugged or do I have to get to him before he crashes his drone?

(Because there's one that says KO a medic last but even if they don't have their medkits anymore it still goes through fine)

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder

0. Unless you count vehicle horsecrap. Then several incredibly awful ones.

Alienous

Has anyone else gotten 3 stars on the last predator AR challenge? One of the medals says to KO the drone operator last. Except when he drops his drone to come find me and I KO him, I don't get the star. Bugged or do I have to get to him before he crashes his drone?

(Because there's one that says KO a medic last but even if they don't have their medkits anymore it still goes through fine)

I had the same problem. The Arkham Knight tells him to stop drone operating before I can get to him and it doesn't go through.

Finished the game. This is the part where I gleefully start taking on the assortment of challenge maps with various characters and-----oh.

I miss my challenge maps. :( Why, Rocksteady

Sober

I had the same problem. The Arkham Knight tells him to stop drone operating before I can get to him and it doesn't go through.

Hmm, I see. Guess I'll just have to do some waiting, I would lure the second last over to the drone dude but I do the wall takedown and the fear takedown one right after another and this makes them switch channels.

Top Bottom