• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman: Arkham Knight |OT| Protect Gotham Racing

Naudi

Banned
Man excited for this. Too bad I used gamefly for it so won't be here till Wednesday :( if I still want to play after 10 hours or so I'll buy it digital. Gamefly has cause me to buy more games for PS4 then I ever did on PS3.

Well I'm an idiot, I thought that the thing that was happening earlier was the game being decrypted when it was just the download for the skin pack, thought it was decrypting because my CPU was being heavily utilized. <_< I turned off the VPN after going into offline mode and yeah, I got at least a three hour wait with everyone else not in Europe.

pahamrick

Once more for the new page incase anyone missed it:

Nvidia promo copies WILL NOT contain the pre-order DLC. They changed the subid at the last minute.

Hawk269

Any Xbox One impressions? PC version has broken SLI, so I am thinking of going Xbox One but just need to know if it is a mess on X1.

Nice job on the OP, getting real hyped for the game again after being a victim of the Batmobile edition killed some of the hype for me.

Neff

Well I beat the game. Or at least 100% beat the story mission, meaning that I still need to
take down 7 of Gotham's most wanted
to get the real ending. I went in on hard as I ususally do with Arkham games, with hints turned off, and had an amazing time. The only moment which came close to being a bummer was a super-tense tank battle which I wasn't really powerful enough to handle, which took a lot of attempts. There's a lot of zig-zagging all over the map for often trivial reasons, although this is an expected part of the series. Otherwise, everything was wonderful.

Story isn't the best in the series imo, although it's probably the cleverest, with a fuck-ton of clever twists and narrative rug-pulls, and there's still more for me to uncover. I'd say it's the darkest Arkham story yet, too.

This thing looks fucking magnificent. It is the best looking console game I've seen to date. The attention to detail, and care poured into every aspect of the visuals is humbling.

The Batmobile. I love the Batmobile. Thundering around Gotham's gorgeous streets never gets old. This game has given me what I've wanted to do ever since seeing the 1989 Batman movie. The Batmobile so thoroughly completes the detective/stealth Batman experience already done so well in the first two Rocksteady titles. It handles brilliantly, is always useful and at your beck and call, and looks and sounds perfect. I didn't know about the tank form before playing, or that it was frowned upon by some, but having played the thing to death, I found it very enjoyable. Some tank battles are tough though, and you'll find that upgrading mobility will ensure that harder battles are less frustrating. The infamous 'stealth' Batmobile sections I actually really enjoyed.

This is the perfect ending to the Arkham series. Nothing was skimped on. It's bursting with content, production values, fanservice, and superb design, just as you'd expect. If anything, the only downer with the game is that it's Rocksteady's last Arkham title. Bring on the HD ports.

+ Amazing representation of Gotham, tons to do, looks incredible, the goddamn Batmobile, that true 'next gen feel' in spades, worthy finale to the series

- Fetch-questing, no final ending until
you've completed several sidequests
, perhaps a bit too long

vg260

Doesn't seem like a mistake. They created a whole new SUBID right before launch just for nvidia copies.

Wait, looking back at this, maybe it's in there:
Harley DLC is in. Those saying it isn't must not have downloaded the new 1 gig download.

ofmsZo4.jpg
Is that the PC version?

I recall there wasn't a separate DLC listing for the Deathstroke stuff when I got Origins from the nvidia promo. It was just in there.

Skunkers

They inch into a couple interesting looking rooms without showing anything but most of it's from the Ace Chemicals footage.

So kinda spoilery in a teaser sort of way.

You son of a bitch.

Nope, there was a gigantic fucking spoiler in the subtitles near the end. Goddamit!

pahamrick

Wait, looking back at this, maybe it's in there:

Is that the PC version?

I recall there wasn't a separate DLC listing for the Deathstroke stuff when I got Origins from the nvidia promo. It was just in there.

Nope.

It's possible that he pre-ordered direct from the Steam store. If you check SteamDB, the 56900 SUBID (Which is what all Nvidia copies registered as if you checked through the Steam console prior to a few hours ago and is the ID you'd have if you bought direct from Steam) has all the pre-order DLCs listed.

https://steamdb.info/sub/56900/apps/

But the new SUBID that shows for Nvidia copies (and I checked myself) only shows the game and New 52 skin pack.

https://steamdb.info/sub/71669/apps/

Crysis 3 OT subtitle was better than the game
We don't talk about that game.

Ha! That makes me feel "oldish". I was sooooooo excited for Batman in 1988. That movie was amazing. It may be nostalgia talking, but that is still my favorite Batman flick. And the action figures....gat damn

Shhhiiiitttt...I had all the batmobile toys that came in Happy Meals for Batman Returns. I saw my mom a few months back and she said she found my VHS copies of Mask of Phantasm and Keaton's Batman 1. She told me, that as a 2 year old, I'd watch Batman over and over all day. She said she knew every Keaton line in that movie because of me. My Mom's awesome. That was a good time for Batman fans I'm sure too.

Vire

Holy fuck I hate PSN.

It says 34 more hours to finish my download... I get 102 Mbps on my laptop, there's really no reason for this, is there anything I can do to speed this up? :/

Top Bottom