• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman: Arkham Knight |OT| Protect Gotham Racing

erawsd

For us plebs who arent playing yet, Giantbomb's QL is up. I would avoid it though. Brad said they were "minor" spoilers but.. I dont know 2 minutes in and I feel like the first thing you see is a big deal...

DJKhaled

So confused, tells me on the xbox store it will be unlocked to play at 00.01 June 23rd, but on the same page says I will have to wait until the 24th? What day is release date in Australia?

For us plebs who arent playing yet, Giantbomb's QL is up. I would avoid it though. Brad said they were "minor" spoilers but.. I dont know 2 minutes in and I feel like the first thing you see is a big deal...

Is it the first five minutes of the game that's been shown off before or is it later on?

Edit: OK wow that's definitely something I hadn't seen before

im on pc, tried launching the game like 15 times. each time, it crashes at the opening cutscene, when someone is smiling.

no idea whats happening.

Was the general tone of what they were saying more positive or negative? Just curious.

Slash76

Holy fuck I hate PSN.

It says 34 more hours to finish my download... I get 102 Mbps on my laptop, there's really no reason for this, is there anything I can do to speed this up? :/

If you have connected your PS4 to internet through wifi, this could be the reason. I don´t know why, but my download speed improved a lot when I started to use ethernet cable.

Vire

If you have connected your PS4 to internet through wifi, this could be the reason. I don´t know why, but my download speed improved a lot when I started to use ethernet cable.

Unfortunately it is connected through hardwire ethernet. It sped up some when I paused and resumed it, but it's still pretty slow.

Blegh, I guess this is what I get for procrastinating.

This game is excellent so far (about 3 hours in). Runs decently, though hopefully it'll be improved soon, on both Nvidia's side and Rocksteady's.

Loving the mobility and speed of traversal of the map. Don't mind the batmobile as much as others have, and I've quite enjoyed the challenges involving the vehicle too.

BFIB

So my order is still "preparing for shipment". No guaranteed release date delivery either.

Comic book Amazon bundle ordered, anyone else getting the same?

erawsd

Was the general tone of what they were saying more positive or negative? Just curious.

Overall, its leaning positive. They definitely arent blown away. Brad doesnt think the main story is interesting but everything else is "pretty good". Jeff really dislikes a particular thing that happens so they spend good a chunk of time discussing it, Brad doesnt mind it.

Permanently A

Overall, its leaning positive. They definitely arent blown away. Brad doesnt think the main story is interesting but everything else is "pretty good". Jeff really dislikes a particular thing that happens so they spend good a chunk of time discussing it, Brad doesnt mind it.

Is the "particular thing" part of the story or gameplay?

styl3s

So does the season pass not come with any skins at all from the get go? I just bought it, redeemed it, turned on VPN, restarted and it updated like 200-300kb or something but nothing new.

Delt31

really well done OT. Just need to update the ultra PC card requirement to 980 not 760 (at least I think that's correct)

Yoday

Holy fuck I hate PSN.

It says 34 more hours to finish my download... I get 102 Mbps on my laptop, there's really no reason for this, is there anything I can do to speed this up? :/
Put your system in rest mode. The download speeds are consistently faster while in rest mode.

Animator

I am bummed that I preordered this on pc after reading how shitty it runs. Hopefully the new nvidia drivers will make it better.

Browsing GAF and noticed the OT's title. Very clever and I read it wrong the first time, then realized it was even more clever than I thought. Well done to whomever coined it.

As for the game, will most certainly be my first Arkham Batman game. I haven't played a Batman video game since the NES game. Have things changed much? :)

Xux

I feel shitty about that Gamersyde spoiler but holy crap does the Giant Bomb quicklook have a spoiler.

Top Bottom