• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman: Arkham Knight |OT| Protect Gotham Racing

Blader

Man, really hate the APC chases. They can take corners like nobody's business and it seems to take forever for the bat gun to lock on to them.

I'm not sure on my opinion of the game yet. There are some real highs but it's not grabbing quite as hard as AA or AC.

Once you get the hang of power slide, I feel like those chase missions get way easier.

Man, really hate the APC chases. They can take corners like nobody's business and it seems to take forever for the bat gun to lock on to them.

I'm not sure on my opinion of the game yet. There are some real highs but it's not grabbing quite as hard as AA or AC.
Don't floor the right trigger. They're pretty easy if you're not going max speed.

Holy shit, I just managed to get 65'500 points on the Slumdog Billionaire AR Challenge. Anyone who's played it will know how much of a bitch it is.

BY2K

Membero Americo
Harley Quinn:
- Scarecrow and co. help her break the Jokers free.
- She loves them because they have the Joker in them.
- Bats has the joker in him but she doesn't love him just because.
- Her boss "fight" consists of ONE button press.
- All of the jokers die and she gets captured and put in a cell right next to Robin's cell.
- Scarecrow comes to abduct Robin but does not help Harley for some reason??
- That's the end of the Harley Quinn arc.

Overall: You'd think for someone that had their own DLC campaign in the previous game, is one of the very few characters to have appeared in all 4 Arkham games, and has their own playable "story pack" in this game, they would give the character a more sinister part or at least a big ending like Ivy's or something.

We get quite a nice view of her when you pick her up after her "boss fight".

We get quite a nice view of her when you pick her up after her "boss fight".
Nice job pairing the open spoiler with a creepy comment lol. Thanks bruh.

But anyway outside of the major spoilers, I think Harley is barely in this game because they realized Tara Strong sucks at doing her voice.

Just finished everything and got the Knightfall protocol with 100% completion.
Batman faking his death seemed like the obvious conclusion to that, there was no way he could live as Bruce Wayne the rest of his life, not to mention all the legal crap and the threats and everything that would head his way. The extra part with the fake Waynes was weird AF, I'm guessing the thugs were injected with fear gas somehow?
I can't wait for Rocksteady's next game. Probably won't be Batman (or JL since for the same reason) but Nightwing would be GOAT.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
Is it a known issue that the Harley story DLC doesn't unlock on the PS4 correctly? I downloaded and installed it, yet the "Arkham Episodes" (or whatever it's called) is still grayed out.

BY2K

Membero Americo
Nice job pairing the open spoiler with a creepy comment lol. Thanks bruh.

But anyway outside of the major spoilers, I think Harley is barely in this game because they realized Tara Strong sucks at doing her voice.

Shit, sorry, messed up the spoiler tag.

Also, my comment was a joke. It felt pretty uncomfortable for me and I really wasn't expecting it.

man ive been checking the rooftops but i cant find
azrael
. I'm at %60 and have met him 3 times and i want to close up this story but i cant find him and the only people i see on building are riddlers stupid robots.

VanWinkle

About halfway through. I am at a point where I feel like the Batmobile IS used too much, but I don't personally mind since it's so fun to use. But, yeah, I get why some people are disappointed. If I had played the other Arkham games, I would probably be somewhat disappointed.

Drayco21

So between the bunch of Queen Industries easter eggs in Origins and Blackgate, the Queen Industries Gotham HQ being in this game, a board member of QI being a character of note in this game, and Jack Rider
talking about the opening of Q-Core and that the guy in charge must be a "real sharp shooter"

We're totally getting a Green Arrow game from WB to cash in on the fanbase Arrow has built up right? I'd love to play an Arkham style game for Green Arrow. Please don't be empty hype leading to nothing and disappointment like the Suicide Squad teases

man ive been checking the rooftops but i cant find
azrael
. I'm at %60 and have met him 3 times and i want to close up this story but i cant find him and the only people i see on building are riddlers stupid robots.

I think the last two ones are
Port Adams and Lady of Gotham.

Is it me, or does the combat not feel as smooth as in the previous games? I can't put my finger on it, but things don't seem to flow as well, and my combos are broken much easier now. Maybe I just need more practice, but it definitely feels a bit off to me.

Is it me, or does the combat not feel as smooth as in the previous games? I can't put my finger on it, but things don't seem to flow as well, and my combos are broken much easier now. Maybe I just need more practice, but it definitely feels a bit off to me.
I'd say it's the opposite if anything. Counter times are really lenient now.

Don't click unless you're about halfway through the main story.

But I love that
The Joker shows up on random buildings and areas just to say a few words, and even now shows up as a random bully when in fights.

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
Wow. Just wow. It's so complete and utterly obvious that Rocksteady didn't bother to playtest the sequences involving the batmobile that take place at the end of the game.
just now got to the excavator fight

I'm past the point of getting upset. I am just shaking my head and laughing because I am just in complete and utter disbelief at how badly designed these encounters are. It's just wonderful having to navigate these tunnels with all these obstacles with this big ass light blocking your view so you can't see the obstacles.

Wow. Rocksteady just wow.

Okay, question. I'm stuck on the last Riddler trial
Riddler room
. I try to go in but
I when try to enter the room, Riddler stops me and says I'm not prepared and makes a reference to electricity
. I'm assuming that I need
a gizmo I get further on in the story, probably the electric thingy in the GCPD evidence room.
But when do I get it, and how specifically?

ZeroX03

Banned
Riddler room
. I try to go in but
I when try to enter the room, Riddler stops me and says I'm not prepared and makes a reference to electricity
a gizmo I get further on in the story, probably the electric thingy in the GCPD evidence room.

You get it in the story mode eventually, but you can go straight to the GCPD evidence room and get it whenever you want by breaking the glass.

It's not. The game's magnetism toward enemies is off and you often end up attacking immune thugs even when there's a normal enemy right next to them. It needs some tweaking. Nowhere near as bad as Origins but not as tight as Asylum and City.

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.

No it's not just you. I find my combos end up broken far more often than they ever did in the previous games. The counter windows are a tad smaller than they were in AC. The camara is a bit more cramped and far too often it will adjust itself to a running thug which can disrupt your flow. Removing the batswarm changed everything for me.

Riddler room
. I try to go in but
You can grab it at any time by breaking the glass and taking it.

Alienous

°°ToMmY°°;170178755 said:
The button mashing in the final section of this game is really getting on my nerves. The combat really show its limits when you put more than 6-7 guys in a fight.

I think that's why I enjoy the dual-play moments so much. A gang of 12-14 thugs will get split into two between Batman and his partner, meaning that you can focus on how you are going to take out each of those 7 with as much finesse as possible.

Gonzalez

Banned
So between the bunch of Queen Industries easter eggs in Origins and Blackgate, the Queen Industries Gotham HQ being in this game, a board member of QI being a character of note in this game, and Jack Rider
talking about the opening of Q-Core and that the guy in charge must be a "real sharp shooter"

We're totally getting a Green Arrow game from WB to cash in on the fanbase Arrow has built up right? I'd love to play an Arkham style game for Green Arrow. Please don't be empty hype leading to nothing and disappointment like the Suicide Squad teases
Aren't all of Green Arrow's villains part of Batman's rogues gallery? Wouldn't we just end up playing another Arkham game?

Future

Riddler room
. I try to go in but

Just keep playing story. It will lead you there eventually

Although if you look hard enough..... You can get it earlier I believe

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
I'm shocked at how much I'm enjoying the Batmobile stuff, I went in expecting to hate it and while it has it's problems it's still really fun.
I always ask people this when they say they like the batmobile:

How far are you into the game? If you're not more 74% done then just wait. You just wait. We shall see if you are still singing that tune then.

Riddler room
. I try to go in but

Steal it. Break the glass.

Respect

Damn...would love the combat and predator sequences if nothing would have been added, yet it feels like a good bit has been added both to your abilities and the enemies...loving it so far.

I always ask people this when they say they like the batmobile:

How far are you into the game? If you're not more 74% done then just wait. You just wait. We shall see if you are still singing that tune then.

I've completed the game on hard and I still love it. Very satisfying gameplay for both the car and tank. Loved the
GCPD
section of the story and the more difficult explosive side-missions. Constantly having to dodge the shells while getting "head" shots, hacking the big fuckers to help you out, remembering to shooting homing missiles. It really keeps you on your toes and tests you. I love it.

ZeroX03

Banned
Can you really do that? I didn't see a prompt.

Multiple people have told you that you can, why ask if you really can instead of just trying it yourself?

There is a prompt later in the game when it becomes necessary for the story. Getting it early is just a nice hidden perk.

emrober5

Wow. Just wow. It's so complete and utterly obvious that Rocksteady didn't bother to playtest the sequences involving the batmobile that take place at the end of the game.
just now got to the excavator fight

I'm past the point of getting upset. I am just shaking my head and laughing because I am just in complete and utter disbelief at how badly designed these encounters are. It's just wonderful having to navigate these tunnels with all these obstacles with this big ass light blocking your view so you can't see the obstacles.

Wow. Rocksteady just wow.

I really didn't have an issue with that section at all...You can even drive down the path to see what you need to do before he "finds" you

MMarston

Was getting caught part of your plan?
Okay, I just started the game and I really, REALLY cannot stand Jonathan Banks as Jim Gordon.

Dude, just seems plain bored all the time.

ZeroX03

Banned
It's just that games don't usually let you acquire things like this early, as it's often tied to points in the story. I was just surprised is all.

Arkham games give you all the items from the beginning on NG+. They're designed around players being able to have items early and stop unnecessary sequence breaking as a result.

ZeroX03

Banned
They picked the wrong Breaking Bad actor to voice Gordon.
tbh I didn't think Cranston was all that good in Batman: Year One but he certainly suits the character more than Banks

Kevin Conroy's won't, however.

I am vengeance!
was awesome.

Whaleman

Neo Member
I don't really get the bat mobile hate. I thought it was a lot of fun throughout the game the only time I ever had a problem with it was the
defense of the GCPD building.
I actually enjoyed the cat and mouse parts, I found it a lot of fun to switch between being a tank for maneuverability and a car for speed. I do agree that there was an over reliance on the bat mobile though.

MMarston

Was getting caught part of your plan?
His performance gets better.

Kevin Conroy's won't, however.

Yeah, this too. Can't believe I'm saying it, but Conroy is getting a bit tiresome and also seems out of place here too. Specifically, the lines he says when he breaks the guy's arm in the beginning seem mismatched with his performance.

Craig Smith's performance from AO might be more appropriate here I think.

EDIT: ^Actually scracth that. Dude sounded waaayyyy younger than i remember.

ZeroX03

Banned
I don't really get the bat mobile hate. I thought it was a lot of fun throughout the game the only time I ever had a problem with it was the
defense of the GCPD building.
I actually enjoyed the cat and mouse parts, I found it a lot of fun to switch between being a tank for maneuverability and a car for speed. I do agree that there was an over reliance on the bat mobile though.

That section was awful, until I realized that you can actually back out into the alley way to the left of the entrance and funnel in enemies 1-2 at a time. It was slower but it made it incredibly easy.

I've heard him do it better.

But it wasn't bad.

daftstar

Just 100% the game. My take:

Presentation - 10/10
- Visuals (graphics, character models, rain and lightning effects) and audio are top notch. Gotham City is beautiful with tons of easter eggs. Perhaps the only game with insane detail both vertically and on the streets.

Gameplay - 10/10
- Lots of variety with predator, freeflow, environmental puzzles and Batmobile that mesh incredibly well. I know a lot of people have gripes with the car but after a couple hours I could handle it pretty well and loved it. Also didn't mind the "tank stealth" sections since it actually involved looking at the radar and approaching combat differently.

Story - 8/10
- The weakest part of the game for me. Starts out really well but kinda starts to disappoint with the predictable AK reveal and sort of generic ending. It really shows that Dini wasn't involved this time.

Overall - 9/10
- At this point I'm still kinda torn which Arkham game I like the best. AC is still my favorite cause of that replay value but that could change in the future with AK.

I think I'm nearing the end. I've finished
the Firefly, APC, Two Face and Penguin
side arcs, but still have the rest of the
bodies and the bat creature to find one last time.

As for the story,
I've just helped protect Ivy's plants at the Botanical Gardens and beat the Arkham Knight tank battle, after going into the tunnels and bringing the long lost tree back to life.

How many hours would you say I have left?

Naar

There are riddler trophies/puzzles that require the sonar from the batmobile

I follow the trail and always hit a dead end (usually a wall)

Any tips?

Also im just collecting riddler trophies, but it seems that there is a weapon in my weapon wheel that is missing? top left side. did i miss something?

Top Bottom