• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman: Arkham Knight |OT| Protect Gotham Racing

Naar

I think I'm nearing the end. I've finished
the Firefly, APC, Two Face and Penguin
side arcs, but still have the rest of the
bodies and the bat creature to find one last time.

As for the story,
I've just helped protect Ivy's plants at the Botanical Gardens and beat the Arkham Knight tank battle, after going into the tunnels and bringing the long lost tree back to life.

How many hours would you say I have left?

If you focus on just story maybe 2 hours?

This game is fucking incredible.

About 2 hours in. Best graphics ever. Best rain effects ever. IQ is great. Batman's nidel is amazing. Makes witcher 3 look bad.

Batmobile? Fucking awesome. The destruction left behind when I year through Gotham is ridiculous. Upgraded the weapons and I'm veasting with the tank mobile.

The combat is hnnnnnnnnng. The animations and options are ridiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiks.

I mean, Jesus.

I'm the fucking batman.

I messed up and let Firefly run off on one of the missions, now I can't get his mission tracker to pop up. Anyone know what to do?

Maybe quit out and reload your story save? I did that, myself, then found the fire again. It worked like a charm.

I also did it for the last APC mission, because it glitched and I lost him, but didn't lose the mission's active status.

Is there something specific you have to do in order to be able to do Fear takedowns? Sometimes I'll approach a group of thugs and I can do it, other times I can't.

Is there something specific you have to do in order to be able to do Fear takedowns? Sometimes I'll approach a group of thugs and I can do it, other times I can't.

Once you do a fear takedown on a group of enemies once, you have to perform a silent takedown which will recharge your fear meter in order to do another fear takedown. The only way I found that out was by doing the Two Face missions.

Okay, I just started the game and I really, REALLY cannot stand Jonathan Banks as Jim Gordon.

Dude, just seems plain bored all the time.
Haha he's the best part! Sounds like a tired cop which is appropriate except when he needs to show emotion.

Also, did they get rid of suit degradation?

Haha he's the best part! Sounds like a tired cop which is appropriate except when he needs to show emotion.

Also, did they get rid of suit degradation?

Nope. Your armor gets scratched/chipped, and your cape gets holes/tears in it. You can select a clean suit from the skins sections in the options.

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
Is the % completion meter just story missions??

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Is it me, or does the combat not feel as smooth as in the previous games? I can't put my finger on it, but things don't seem to flow as well, and my combos are broken much easier now. Maybe I just need more practice, but it definitely feels a bit off to me.
It's much smoother for me. I never hit the wrong enemy in this one and be ause there are more options for dealing with certain enemy types it flows a lot better.

So after beating Scarecrow did I actually "beat the game"? Or do I have to find all the riddler stuff and do all most wanted to activate Knightfall? I'm confused.

Vire

This game is fucking incredible.

About 2 hours in. Best graphics ever. Best rain effects ever. IQ is great. Batman's nidel is amazing. Makes witcher 3 look bad.

Batmobile? Fucking awesome. The destruction left behind when I year through Gotham is ridiculous. Upgraded the weapons and I'm veasting with the tank mobile.

The combat is hnnnnnnnnng. The animations and options are ridiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiks.

I mean, Jesus.

I'm the fucking batman.
Glad you are loving it psy. :)

Mother of fuck. The
Arkham Knight tank boss
battle is fucking annoying.

Highly recommend the tank upgrade that will make drones follow your shots. With that, you can shoot a building and they will go to that location. It makes it way easier to flank around from the back when you know for sure where they are going to be going.

SJRB

Gold Member
At some point in between main story missions the ambient music when you're freeroaming the city stopped.

PLEASE tell me this returns at some point.

foxtrot3d

Banned
So between the bunch of Queen Industries easter eggs in Origins and Blackgate, the Queen Industries Gotham HQ being in this game, a board member of QI being a character of note in this game, and Jack Rider
talking about the opening of Q-Core and that the guy in charge must be a "real sharp shooter"

We're totally getting a Green Arrow game from WB to cash in on the fanbase Arrow has built up right? I'd love to play an Arkham style game for Green Arrow. Please don't be empty hype leading to nothing and disappointment like the Suicide Squad teases

There are just as many Superman references to hint at a Superman game:

-LEX Corp building.
-Lex Luthor leaving a message on Bruce Wayne's answering Machine.
-Posters stating come "Fly" to Metropolis.
-Random thugs saying "...the only thing that's missing is if that freak from Metropolis flew in here."

i'm about halfway through (a little less) and i'm starting to enjoy the game a lot more. i was a bit bored to start with but for whatever reason i'm enjoying the batcar stuff more and t he story/locations have picked up. the graphics overall are obviously very good, but in some spots they are absolutely incredible.

my only disappointment so far is the lack of
boss battles. am i missing something? i feel like there haven't been any!

Luke_Wal

I haven't finished the game yet (80% through the story), but I have a question that involves very minor spoilers (the character probably comes up about a third of the way through the game).

Who's voicing the Joker? Is that Hamill or Troy Baker?

Wow, I JUST bought the game and already at 50%. No way in hell this beating MGSV or Witcher 3 for GOTY(not that it was ever going to). Still a cool batman game outside of the batmobile parts.

AdaWong

I haven't finished the game yet (80% through the story), but I have a question that involves very minor spoilers (the character probably comes up about a third of the way through the game).

Who's voicing the Joker? Is that Hamill or Troy Baker?

Hamill

____

Harley Quinn pack awesome detail: she doesn't have silent takedowns, the prompt says "Loud Takedown", fitting since she's the loudest person on the planet lol.

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
I really didn't have an issue with that section at all...You can even drive down the path to see what you need to do before he "finds" you
That works for you. But for me my panic instincts take over and the batmobile always ended up trapped. Took me 30 tries to finally break the bad habit.

Grimsen

There are just as many Superman references to hint at a Superman game:

-LEX Corp building.
-Lex Luthor leaving a message on Bruce Wayne's answering Machine.
-Posters stating come "Fly" to Metropolis.
-Random thugs saying "...the only thing that's missing is if that freak from Metropolis flew in here."

I think there are also Central City posters with a Flash blur in them.

KyleP29

Wow. Just wow. It's so complete and utterly obvious that Rocksteady didn't bother to playtest the sequences involving the batmobile that take place at the end of the game.
just now got to the excavator fight

I'm past the point of getting upset. I am just shaking my head and laughing because I am just in complete and utter disbelief at how badly designed these encounters are. It's just wonderful having to navigate these tunnels with all these obstacles with this big ass light blocking your view so you can't see the obstacles.

Wow. Rocksteady just wow.

yea between the
5 cobra defense mission
followed quickly with the
7 cobra cloudburst mission
followed shortly with the
excavator fight
I was just done with the batmobile. I enjoyed it early on, but a bunch of poorly designed battles so quickly just soured my view on it. Not to mention there seemed to be a lot more batmobile missions towards the end when it hadn't been a huge focus early on.

Are people complaining about too much Batmobile doing the side missions? There's none of it at all in Two-Face for example.

I did the side missions, and finished the game hating the batmobile. My turning point was the sequence of missions i listed above. But even in the side missions there is plenty of it (APC, and street mines)

overall finishing the game i thought it was alright. They did a great job making you feel like batman, and nailing the detective gadget aspect of the character. In general the voice acting was just bad aside from scarecrow. The story started off strong but just kind of fell apart for me with the arkham knight reveal.
The joker implementation was fantastic
, i just wish they had batman
react to it to sell the fact that he was losing his grip on reality a bit better
. I also really enjoyed taking down the iconic villains through the story side quests.

Top Bottom