• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman: Arkham Knight |OT| Protect Gotham Racing

Riptwo

The Batmobile "stealth" sections would be so much more pleasant if the camera didn't zoom out to a bizarre angle upon detection. Gah!

Alienous

I did the side missions, and finished the game hating the batmobile. My turning point was the sequence of missions i listed above. But even in the side missions there is plenty of it (APC, and street mines)

overall finishing the game i thought it was alright. They did a great job making you feel like batman, and nailing the detective gadget aspect of the character. In general the voice acting was just bad aside from scarecrow. The story started off strong but just kind of fell apart for me with the arkham knight reveal.
The joker implementation was fantastic
, i just wish they had batman
react to it to sell the fact that he was losing his grip on reality a bit better
. I also really enjoyed taking down the iconic villains through the story side quests.

Let's get some tags on this, like so.

Just finished the game. Fantastic all around.

I had very little issues with the Batmobile encounters. I did most of the side-content as they appeared so my Batman was pretty maxed out, especially the Batmobile. The encounters were pretty easy, the Batmobile had plenty of tools to take them out (EMP, Hack, double-dodge) and because the Batmobile was pretty precise to control, I was able to get most of the encounters done without much issue. The enemy targeting line along with the ability to one-shot most drones made the encounters pretty brief and satisfying.

Driving the Batmobile around the city was fantastic and I enjoyed the APC chases quite a bit. The hand-to-hand combat was as refined as ever, and all the new animations, takedowns and predator moves were pretty fantastic.

While the identity of the Arkham Knight was pretty obvious, the story was pretty great overall. Lots of great little moments, especially in regards to Batman and his crew.

Overall, if I had to put a number on it, I'd give it a 9/10.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
So I started over (because the main story broke for me), and some way into the game I noticed I had lost a bunch of suit upgrade I was sure I had unlocked. I'm guessing I had put those into the old suit, and they didn't carry over when I got the new one...? It would make sense I guess, since it's a different suit after all, but does that mean I wasted those points? Or is this something that's not supposed to happen, and I've hit another annoying bug?

So after beating Scarecrow did I actually "beat the game"? Or do I have to find all the riddler stuff and do all most wanted to activate Knightfall? I'm confused.

You have 14 different mission types on the mission thing. Doing 10 of those lets you activate Knightfall, finishing all 14 gives you all of the ending.

So I started over (because the main story broke for me), and some way into the game I noticed I had lost a bunch of suit upgrade I was sure I had unlocked. I'm guessing I had put those into the old suit, and they didn't carry over when I got the new one...? It would make sense I guess, since it's a different suit after all, but does that mean I wasted those points? Or is this something that's not supposed to happen, and I've hit another annoying bug?

That's a bug.

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
Really don't agree with the excessive batmobile hate, I have really being enjoying it.

Also the Riddler content is the best in the series, been going out of my way to complete them.

Akai__

so how do you send bad guys to arkham prison..? their are 100 of them ive only got ivy so far????

Side missions.

Really don't agree with the excessive batmobile hate, I have really being enjoying it.

Also the Riddler content is the best in the series, been going out of my way to complete them.

Agreed completely on the Batmobile. It's so much fun.

And the Riddler stuff is much better than those 400 you had to collect in City.

jtar86

The batmobile sections are fucking terrible. The last half of the game are filled with them and they're all awful. Why can't I just shoot the spot that makes the cobra tanks blow up its not like it's a fucking tiny spot. I thought Gamespot was exaggerating about the batmobile but they really weren't, it drags the whole game down.

Future

I kinda want to just get the season pass but $40 is pretty pricey for it. Especially considering the quality of Arkham city dlc and these preorder bonuses

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
Can't find the last road block on Miagani Island, it's killing me. Roughly 40 riddles to go.

Rean

So am I guessing it right that I need to do everything on the wheel to 100% to initiate
nightfall

ugh some of the side quests are pants lol
You can intitiate it after you complete 11 or so side quests, but you
dont get the full nightfall until completing everything yea

does anyone know how to consistently pull of the special combos for batarang batclaw etc etc
For the batarang you just tap L2 or LT to combo it and with the batclaw iirc you have to press R2 or RT and Triangle or Y at the same time and then press attack. If you're meter is ready in combat you hold triangle and y for a stronger version, but you have to unlock that.

What's the point of the Vulcan gun? You can't use it against the tanks and you can't kill humans...

Vulcan gun is for missiles and flying drones. You can also one shot tanks by aiming for the lights and getting perfect critical attack. In the AR challenges it comes in handy too because you can multiple perfect critical attacks.

Wait.....those people who had trouble with the tank sections.....you knew that you could one shot tanks aiming for the lights right?

Carbonox

Agreed, the Batmobile is so fucking fun to use. I prefer to use it than glide around though the 5x grapple boost upgrade you can get is phenomenal and really speeds up aerial traversal.

Alienous

does anyone know how to consistently pull of the special combos for batarang batclaw etc etc

Hold the buttons.

So, instead of double tapping L2, do L2, L2 (Hold).

Or with the Batclaw, instead of L2 + Triangle, do L2 + Triangle (Holding both).

Agreed, the Batmobile is so fucking fun to use. I prefer to use it than glide around though the 5x grapple boost upgrade you can get is phenomenal and really speeds up aerial traversal.

That isn't the part of the Batmobile most of the hate is directed at.

Prototype

Just finished the game. Fantastic all around.

I had very little issues with the Batmobile encounters. I did most of the side-content as they appeared so my Batman was pretty maxed out, especially the Batmobile. The encounters were pretty easy, the Batmobile had plenty of tools to take them out (EMP, Hack, double-dodge) and because the Batmobile was pretty precise to control, I was able to get most of the encounters done without much issue. The enemy targeting line along with the ability to one-shot most drones made the encounters pretty brief and satisfying.

Driving the Batmobile around the city was fantastic and I enjoyed the APC chases quite a bit. The hand-to-hand combat was as refined as ever, and all the new animations, takedowns and predator moves were pretty fantastic.

While the identity of the Arkham Knight was pretty obvious, the story was pretty great overall. Lots of great little moments, especially in regards to Batman and his crew.

Overall, if I had to put a number on it, I'd give it a 9/10.

Pretty much exactly how I feel.

Little things like the cops taking pictures next to the batmobile were great little touches that made the world feel alive.

Zakalwe

Banned
Tips for using Batmobile, anyone have anything to add?

Firstly, consider switching the control Scheme in gameplay settings. Toggle mode moves brake and the vulcan cannon to R2, which many find more intuitive. Plus you don't have to hold a button down for the entirety of Tank battles. Sometimes overlooked due to its menu placement.

Pursuit Mode

• First Person Camera
    Makes it much easier to control when driving on walls or ceiling as you don't have to contend with the camera. Especially useful for races that force you to do this.
  • Power Slide
    Get used to this, practise. APC challenges, races, Riddler challenges, this will make your life a lot easier.
    -- Note: power slides restore afterburner energy.
  • Side Dodge
    Left/right + run. Very useful in general, not just for dodging APC missiles. Makes driving much more fluid if you get used to using it often.

Battle Mode
  • Double Dash
    Upgrade ASAP. Costs 8 tokens. This will make you're life a lot easier, self explanatory.
  • Vulcan Cannon
    Can be used to take out flying drones, or standard tanks if you hit them in the glowing weak spot on their turret.
  • Zoom
    Click right stick is default on gamepad. Laves you exposed but used quickly can be very effective.

Make sure to upgrade the Tank's armour, and the upgrades that charge your secondary weapon and keep it from depleting on hit if you're having difficulty with the tank sections.

If you're having trouble with Cobra battles, the upgrade that allows you to call them to a location with your main gun is incredibly useful. Upgrade it ASAP.

KyleP29

Vulcan gun is for missiles and flying drones. You can also one shot tanks by aiming for the lights and getting perfect critical attack. In the AR challenges it comes in handy too because you can multiple perfect critical attacks.

Wait.....those people who had trouble with the tank sections.....you knew that you could one shot tanks aiming for the lights right?

I think most peoples problems with the tank sections come from the cobra sections where the lock on takes ages and by the time you get into position behind one 1 or 2 more roll up on you and blast you apart. Those sections, and the excavator section are just annoying 1 shot deaths that drag everything down. And honestly, while i didnt find the other tank sections hard, i really wasnt having fun entering a battle mode mission every 2 or 3 missions to take on 40-60 tanks.

Grisby

"I'm sorry sir, but more tanks have deployed."

LMM1E.gif

daftstar

Some of Riddler's dialogue made me crack up pretty bad. He's definitely the best-written villain. And I kinda felt bad for his robots when you have to destroy them for the trophy puzzles lol.

Carbonox

That isn't the part of the Batmobile most of the hate is directed at.

Oh I know, the compulsory tank sections are a fun diversion from the main Batman gameplay for me as well. I can see why it may annoy people who want options but I've yet to get bored of it.

I think most peoples problems with the tank sections come from the cobra sections where the lock on takes ages and by the time you get into position behind one 1 or 2 more roll up on you and blast you apart. Those sections, and the excavator section are just annoying 1 shot deaths that drag everything down. And honestly, while i didnt find the other tank sections hard, i really wasnt having fun entering a battle mode mission every 2 or 3 missions to take on 40-60 tanks.

Unlocking the ability to have vehicles track your shot location really helps with the cobra fights. Shoot a building down the street, they will light red on the radar and drive to the location. You can just flank around them way more easy. Also you build one missile barrage with every cobra you kill, so you can also fire that directly at the cobra as soon as the back is highlighted, you don't have to wait for a lock.

Alienous

Some of Riddler's dialogue made me crack up pretty bad. He's definitely the best-written villain. And I kinda felt bad for his robots when you have to destroy them for the trophy puzzles lol.

His arc, even considering Origins, is pretty good.

in Arkham Knight he's truly snapped and is just lying to himself. It's about enacting revenge on Batman under the weakest guise of 'riddles'. They're just death-traps at this point.

Top Bottom