• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman: Arkham Knight |OT| Protect Gotham Racing

Dave1988

Wow, what an ending. Rocksteady really delivered with Arkham Knight and I'm a little sad that this is their last take on Arkhamverse Batman.
I was dreading the tanks sections from reading all of the negative impressions on GAF, but it turned out they're weren't even that bad. However, the Batmobile itself is an absolute blast to drive around Gotham and I'm glad Rocksteady decided to incorporate it.
The combat and stealth is the best it has ever been in the series. I always loved those elements in Rocksteady's Batman game, so them being nigh perfect in this is just icing on this delicious cake.

Now, onto NG+. :D

This might be the most disappointed I've ever been in a game. I just am not having any fun with it. I really wish I had gone physical over digital so I could trade it in. Just... not what I wanted or expected at all.

Zakalwe

Banned
This might be the most disappointed I've ever been in a game. I just am not having any fun with it. I really wish I had gone physical over digital so I could trade it in. Just... not what I wanted or expected at all.

Batmobile really that bad?

If not, I don't know what you expected... they were never going to reinvent the mechanics, so it was always going to be a refinement of what's come before.

Neiteio

Do they ever explain why the militia is involved? Like who's paying them? Why do they want to help Scarecrow achieve his goal? Does the militia even have a proper name (like the PMCs in MGS4)?

foxtrot3d

Banned
Do they ever explain why the militia is involved? Like who's paying them? Why do they want to help Scarecrow achieve his goal? Does the militia even have a proper name (like the PMCs in MGS4)?

Interview Tapes you collect by finding Riddler trophies, it's still contrived but it is explained.

Batmobile really that bad?

If not, I don't know what you expected... they were never going to reinvent the mechanics, so it was always going to be a refinement of what's come before.

Some things they just flat out dropped instead of refining, though. (Boss Battles come to mind)

Pretty sure they're working under Arkham Knight, who in turn, got the financing for said militia from Scarecrow.

Zakalwe

Banned
Destroying a tank via its weak spot (glowing light on turret) awards double the amount of secondary weapon charge.

Did not know.

Jump over them. Whenever you see Red attacks, you have to dodge or jump over them.

Nope, you can also tap R2 to take them out/stun them with a quick throw baterang.

All other projectiles work, too.

I wouldn't recommend trying out the other Arkham games either then. I'm sorry you can't get into it :(

SkylineRKR

Batmobile is bad ass but the Tank sections are overdone. I didn't dislike them at first but there is too much of it. 2 of those shootouts and the rest relegated to side stuff would've been for the better.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Oh, my mistake.

Then what you want to do is:

1. Take a long run up with the BM and eject glide into the first trigger.
2. Do the same, and pan round/glide up immediately to hit the second

After that you'll know what to do.

Completed. Thanks :D

Now that I have the afternoon off, I'm really loving this game. I was worried I was losing my taste for big games after not liking Witcher 3 at all, but this is the most I've enjoyed a game since Bloodborne.

Alienous

Eh, feel free to tell me in spoiler tags, if you want. I'm still going for 100%, but I'd like to know the "explanation" now. :)

The Arkham Knight approaches Scarecrow about building an army to kill Batman, and asks for $3 billion dollars. At first Scarecrow isn't on-board, but the Arkham Knight tell Scarecrow that he knows what Batman fears. As such, Scarecrow gets the combined wealth of Two-Face, The Penguin, The Riddler and Harley Quinn (whicj, apparently, amounts to $3 billion) and gives it to the Arkham Knight to build his army of soldiers and drones.

Neiteio

The Arkham Knight approaches Scarecrow about building an army to kill Batman, and asks for $3 billion dollars. At first Scarecrow isn't on-board, but the Arkham Knight tell Scarecrow that he knows what Batman fears. As such, Scarecrow gets the combined wealth of Two-Face, The Penguin, The Riddler and Harley Quinn (whicj, apparently, amounts to $3 billion) and gives it to the Arkham Knight to build his army of soldiers and drones.
Hmm, that makes sense, I suppose (I didn't consider all the factions involved), but how did
Scarecrow convince Penguin, Two-Face, etc., to get onboard? In Asylum, he seemed like a one-note psycho everyone just kind of tolerated if they even knew he existed in the first place, but now he commands so much authority...

ZeroX03

Banned
Hmm, that makes sense, I suppose (I didn't consider all the factions involved), but how did
Scarecrow convince Penguin, Two-Face, etc., to get onboard? In Asylum, he seemed like a one-note psycho everyone just kind of tolerated if they even knew he existed in the first place, but now he commands so much authority...

John Noble started voicing him.

Fracas

#fuckonami
You won't get the true ending unless you do everything. You can focus on the main story and then clean up everything afterward.

Ah ok, so if I just rush the story then do all the other missions, the true ending will play? I'd rather not watch it on youtube or something, haha.

RPGCrazied

90% done with the story, and yeah I now see the batmobile complaints. I actually liked it, but the forced segments are bad. Specially
the drill chase part
, ugh.

Neiteio

Now that I have the afternoon off, I'm really loving this game. I was worried I was losing my taste for big games after not liking Witcher 3 at all, but this is the most I've enjoyed a game since Bloodborne.
For me, Arkham Knight is the most I've enjoyed a game since Splatoon, which in turn was the most I had enjoyed a game since Bloodborne.

Picking a GOTY this year won't be easy. It was hard enough last year with all of the great Nintendo games, but this year you now have current-gen titles coming into their own.

Alienous

The basic idea to that is
the only reason they didn't get together before-hand was because the Joker was a chaotic force between them. So, he'd instigate trouble with the Penguin, and Two-Face, and as such all of the villains sort of worked indepedently.

But with the Joker dead Scarecrow gathers the major super-villains of Gotham and tells them he has a plan to take Batman down with their help, with them deciding to set aside their differences just for one night to kill Batman. When you listen to the tapes he doesn't really lead any of them, he just asks them to do whatever they are doing on Halloween so that they can further wear down the Batman for Scarecrow and The Arkham Knight to take down.

John Noble started voicing him.

And that. He sounded like an elderly female librarian in Asylum.

Man, this game, I've never laughed so hard at
the Joker serenading Batman in the movie studio as you via Robin are trying to disarm the bombs

In tears.

Neiteio

The basic idea to that is
the only reason they didn't get together before-hand was because the Joker was a chaotic force between them. So, he'd instigate trouble with the Penguin, and Two-Face, and as such all of the villains sort of worked indepedently.

But with the Joker dead Scarecrow gathers the major super-villains of Gotham and tells them he has a plan to take Batman down with their help, with them deciding to set aside their differences just for one night to kill Batman. When you listen to the tapes he doesn't really lead any of them, he just asks them to do whatever they are doing on Halloween so that they can further wear down the Batman for Scarecrow and The Arkham Knight to take down.
OK, I'm satisfied with this explanation. It's comic book-y, but it works.

Neiteio

Wait, where do you find
freeze grenades
at the movie studios? I already did that part of the game (the part with
Harley
, I presume).

EDIT: Never mind, just looked it up. Guess I'm booting up the game now to get it!

olimpia84

So I rescued one of those firefighters early in the game. I'm at 25% completion now and decided to rescue another one to step away from the main missions for a bit so I chose its mission but when I go to the marker where the firefighter is (top of a building) no one is there. Is this a glitch or do I need to progress more in the story first?

Wait, where do you find
freeze grenades
at the movie studios? I already did that part of the game (the part with
Harley
, I presume).

EDIT: Never mind, just looked it up. Guess I'm booting up the game now to get it!

It's on a table next to the cell that you put Robin in.

So I rescued one of those firefighters early in the game. I'm at 25% completion now and decided to rescue another one to step away from the main missions for a bit so I chose its mission but when I go to the marker where the firefighter is (top of a building) no one is there. Is this a glitch or do I need to progress more in the story first?

Look around that area. Turn on detective mode, listen for conversation about a firefighter and go to where that conversation is. They don't give you a marker to exactly where the firefighter is, you have to go look for them.

HardRojo

Man, this game, I've never laughed so hard at
the Joker serenading Batman in the movie studio as you via Robin are trying to disarm the bombs

In tears.
Literally just finished that part. Loved it. This game is simply amazing and you can tell Rocksteady put a lot of love in it.

Flying drones, missles. I'm pretty sure they forgot that flying drones were a thing since they rarely appear.

Guess you didn't do the buried mine missions? Because they are rampant during those.

And the Riddler stuff is much better than those 400 you had to collect in City.

The Riddler stuff is utterly fantastic. Best in the series by a mile.

I know they are totally different games, but going from a much larger Witcher 3's side-missions to this game has made me judge Arkham Knight far more hashly then I would have usually. I just feel like most of the side-missions are needless time wasters with little to no reward.

The reward are the encounters themselves. Side missions have some of the best and more inventive combat and predator scenarios in the game.

Some things they just flat out dropped instead of refining, though. (Boss Battles come to mind)

Boss battles are literally the only thing that I think are worse in this game than the previous games. In my opinion of course.

I know they are totally different games, but going from a much larger Witcher 3's side-missions to this game has made me judge Arkham Knight far more hashly then I would have usually. I just feel like most of the side-missions are needless time wasters with little to no reward.
I think the difference is that AK's side missions aren't insufferably boring and actually control well.

Top Bottom