• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman: Arkham Knight |OT| Protect Gotham Racing

I know they are totally different games, but going from a much larger Witcher 3's side-missions to this game has made me judge Arkham Knight far more hashly then I would have usually. I just feel like most of the side-missions are needless time wasters with little to no reward.

Akai__

• Vulcan Cannon
    Can be used to take out flying drones, or tanks after you've exposed them with a body shot. Useless against tanks if you haven't caused damage to them.

Except that the Vulcan Cannon can 1 hit enemy vehicles when hitting their weak point, without any prior damage.

Grisby

The tank stuff isn't offensively bad, but I just kind of feel like it's just 'there'. Like, oh it's another tank, battle, ok.

Zakalwe

Banned
I know they are totally different games, but going from a much larger Witcher 3's side-missions to this game has made me judge Arkham Knight far more hashly then I would have usually. I just feel like most of the side-missions are needless time wasters with little to no reward.

Batman is an action game with RPG elements, TW3 is an in depth RPG with action elements.

Instead od judging Batman's open world against a fully fledged RPG, which is unfair, compare BAK's open world to other character action games.

It's a wonderful playpen for you to exploit the game mechanics fully.

ezekial45

Banned
How much of the game do I have left?

I just
brought Barbara back to GCPD and Scarecrow has Gordon.

I'm loving the game at the moment. Easily one of the best this year.

J4mm1nJ03

Endgame spoilers/question:
So, I decided to be proactive and do every most wanted mssion except for all of the Riddles/trophies before finishing the main story. I see people on here saying that you can activate Knightfall without having to 100% the game, but the game seemingly wants me to get 100% as it isn't even giving me an option. Am I missing something here? My plan was to "finish" it and probably do the rest of the riddles and trophies over the next week or so, but I ended up just watching the ending on Youtube. Boo, assuming that's some weird design choice and not me missing anything.

Tsukumo

The Batmobile "stealth" sections would be so much more pleasant if the camera didn't zoom out to a bizarre angle upon detection. Gah!

Yeah what is that about? It Zooms out to crazy far away. So stupid.

You have to go in the game options and disable predator awareness. It zooms into the closest threat. Once you disable it, it won't go off (and you will be immediately gunned down if you don't have upgraded armor) during both stealth sections (against humans and against drones).
It won't however disable this "bullet-time" effect during chase sequences.
Tips for using Batmobile, anyone have anything to add?

Firstly, consider switching the control Scheme in gameplay settings. Toggle mode moves brake and the vulcan cannon to R2, which many find more intuitive. Plus you don't have to hold a button down for the entirety of Tank battles. Sometimes overlooked due to its menu placement.

Pursuit Mode

• First Person Camera
    Makes it much easier to control when driving on walls or ceiling as you don't have to contend with the camera. Especially useful for races that force you to do this.
  • Power Slide
    Get used to this, practise. APC challenges, races, Riddler challenges, this will make your life a lot easier. Note: power slides restore afterburner energy.
  • Side Dodge
    Left/right + run. Very useful in general, not just for dodging APC missiles. Makes driving much more fluid if you get used to using it often.

Battle Mode
  • Double Dash
    Upgrade ASAP. Costs 8 tokens. This will make you're life a lot easier, self explanatory.
  • Vulcan Cannon
    Can be used to take out flying drones, or tanks after you've exposed them with a body shot. Useless against tanks if you haven't caused damage to them.

Make sure to upgrade the Tank's armour, and the upgrades that charge your secondary weapon and keep it from depleting on hit if you're having difficulty with the tank sections.

This should go in the OP.
It's already extensive, some more space for a tips and tricks section would be awesome. All the preorder stuff is pretty much irrelevant at this point. Even a link to Zakalwe's post would make a big difference for newcomers, IMO.
I would also add that the option to toggle gets available only after the first tank fight.

J4mm1nJ03

How much of the game do I have left?

I just
brought Barbara back to GCPD and Scarecrow has Gordon.

I'm loving the game at the moment. Easily one of the best this year.

You're pretty close if you're only focusing on the story. I'd say maybe an hour left?

Reedirect

I'm at the (mid-game spoiler)
movie studio bit, where Harley Quinn first shows up and damn, that Predator sequence on set with Robin was probably my favourite in the whole series. I never thought I'd say this, but I wish these team-ups were more frequent in the main story.

KyleP29

Unlocking the ability to have vehicles track your shot location really helps with the cobra fights. Shoot a building down the street, they will light red on the radar and drive to the location. You can just flank around them way more easy. Also you build one missile barrage with every cobra you kill, so you can also fire that directly at the cobra as soon as the back is highlighted, you don't have to wait for a lock.

Yea i caught on to tactic after a few tries. Didn't know about the missile barrages being effective against them. The tutorial introduction to the cobras seemed to imply to me only the cannon was effective against it so that would certainly make things easier. Overall i think my biggest issue with it was how they kept going back to the batmobile for missions in the last 30% of the game when up until that point is was a nice change of pace mission.

Neiteio

As a Harley Quinn fan, (positive Harley-related spoilers)
I was starting to worry she wouldn't show up, but she finally did, and her whole "dungeon" (to frame the levels in Zelda terms) was great, albeit straightforward

I'm miffed that the Share feature's 15-minute limit on the PS4 didn't catch the beginning of
her talk with Robin
. There are so many bombshells that I didn't "cut the tape" and kept going. The end of that sequence is so good.

And holy shit at the (Lucius-related sidequest spoiler)
Hush encounter
. Incredible moment.
Bruce Wayne pulled a Shigeru Miyamoto with that table slam.

Also, the tank encounters with the (spoilers from later in the game)
Arkham Knight in the Cloudburst Tank and the excavator
were SO INTENSE. Goddamn, I was on edge. So good, but I don't know I could do it again, lol. And I loved the (Arkham Knight spoiler)
sniper face-off with the Arkham Knight. Simple once you realize what to do, but great character moments as Batman tries to bring Todd to his senses.

daftstar

His arc, even considering Origins, is pretty good.

in Arkham Knight he's truly snapped and is just lying to himself. It's about enacting revenge on Batman under the weakest guise of 'riddles'. They're just death-traps at this point.

I love how they made him get under your skin with his constant taunts. I wish there was a script somewhere of his lines in the game for reference. His VA was perfect too.

There was one that made me laugh it was something like "In this game of chess, you've already been checked, and now I'll be mating you! ..No not like that you immature buffoon!"
Tons more that I can't recall correctly.

I beat "that part" on the first try on hard mode lol. It was tense. Enemy afterwards would be really fun too if there wasn't so much health

Edit: I take that back, I was doing it wrong lol. That was fun and fast. People complained about that?

Jeez, I almost didn't buy the game because of people saying that was the worst. The part right before
where you had to walk past the drones in the subway
was wayyyy worse than that, and it doesn't even use the Batmobile!

DieH@rd

Banned
I'm at the (mid-game spoiler)
movie studio bit, where Harley Quinn first shows up and damn, that Predator sequence on set with Robin was probably my favourite in the whole series. I never thought I'd say this, but I wish these team-ups were more frequent in the main story.

I agree, that sequence was very fun! Total domination over enemies.

Zakalwe

Banned
Any tips for the fifth riddle?
The one which features water.

Not sure how far you got with it:

1. Attach to the hanging grapple points and slowly back down into the pit.
2. Pits in order: 1, 2, 3.
3. Back down until you're level with the spinning blades, then press left and right to rotate them until the opening is over the hole.

The rest should be easy to work out....

It always makes me nervous in these games when the characters over the radio are constantly referring to Batman as Bruce. I mean I'm sure Batman's radio channel is pretty secure but with the frequency that radio channels are hacked in these games, you'd think he would be more careful.

Alienous

It always makes me nervous in these games when the characters over the radio are constantly referring to Batman as Bruce. I mean I'm sure Batman's radio channel is pretty secure but with the frequency that radio channels are hacked in these games, you'd think he would be more careful.

I find it funny that Batman doesn't give Alfred a code name. And he says that out loud.

Barbara gets Oracle, but Alfred gets shit.

Neiteio

I'm curious what will happen with (Lucius-related sidequest spoilers)
Hush now knowing Bruce Wayne is Batman

I finished the main story. The game just feels like a complete realisation of the series to date. Great game all round. Gonna finish off these side quests and then maybe go Riddle hunting.

Omg, anyone know where
divinity church
is or whatever? I have 8 more riddler items to nab and every riddler informant i find gives me info for
divinity church
. it's nowhere on my map. spoilered just for those that consider areas spoilers, playing it safe :p

Vaga

AggressivePaltryElephantseal.gif

Fjordson

I'm guessing more side quests open up as the story progresses? The only stuff on my map is riddler shit. Also have to find some missing firemen, but that's it so far.

Zakalwe

Banned
I'm guessing more side quests open up as the story progresses? The only stuff on my map is riddler shit. Also have to find some missing firemen, but that's it so far.

It will eventually be full.

I've fallen into a strange compulsion. Every time Batman gets on the video com, I spin the camera around and try to line up the heads so they get bat ears...

Probably the dumbest thing I've ever done...repeatedly.

http://imgur.com/a/koQyu#0

Great, now I'm going to do that...

Akai__

Forgot to mention it, but I found all the Riddler collectibles earlier today.

I paused playing for some hours,
so I'm gonna kick Riddlers butt now.

Top Bottom