• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman: Arkham Knight |OT| Protect Gotham Racing

Alienous

I look forward to someone eventually making a YouTube compilation of all the
______Joker______
moments.

Already done by a few people, haha.

45 minutes worth. There's a lot, and it's pretty much all great. There's one thing said in particular, about how
he and Talia have a relationship going on between them in hell
that just had me smiling.

Any tips for the riddler puzzle in which you have a wall full of question marks that you have to shoot with the car? I've been trying to solve it for ages but the batmobile fun just fires too slow when they all light up at once.

Dominator

Just want confirmation since I haven't seen it anywhere, do you need to do all the Riddler challenges to 100%? Not his missions but the trophies/riddles/breakables. I'm probably not gonna attempt them it's just too much.

Courage

Any tips for the riddler puzzle in which you have a wall full of question marks that you have to shoot with the car? I've been trying to solve it for ages but the batmobile fun just fires too slow when they all light up at once.

I thought you have to do it with Batarangs?

edit: welp im an idiot

Look behind you- there is a winch that you hook up to that will keep your secondary weapons at max power. That lets you lose unimited missile barrage.

So, I'm trying to investigate the tremors as part of the main mission,but it says to secure the area - reloading the game didn't fix this either - there's nothing around me on the mini map and I only have one checkpoint left on that island which I can't take out due to it having some big ass sentry guns - that's on the other side of the island anyway so it shouldn't be affecting me.

Look behind you- there is a winch that you hook up to that will keep your secondary weapons at max power. That lets you lose unimited missile barrage.
Seriously?! Oh man I feel like an idiot now. This game has some great puzzles... and some annoying ones, like racing to the other end of the city in 20 seconds. Ugh.

Guess you didn't do the buried mine missions? Because they are rampant during those.

I'm in the process of doing those now, and man.... There's one I just can't complete. They put you
in a killbox and throw seemingly endless waves of tanks and choppers at you, 360° with no cover.
It's bullshit.

If you look behind you there is a winch you can use to power up your missiles. Stay connected to the winch and shoot at the question marks. When all of them come up, use the missile barrage and shoot any question marks left over!

redhood56

Banned
So I am on the part where you
have to investigate the lead at gcpd
and I've finished all I could of the own the roads and the watchtowers. But they aren't 100% complete yet. Do I need to continue the story? I am 79% done with it so I don't know.

sjay1994

So I am on the part where you
have to investigate the lead at gcpd
and I've finished all I could of the own the roads and the watchtowers. But they aren't 100% complete yet. Do I need to continue the story? I am 79% done with it so I don't know.

Yes you do. I think you need 90-95% story completion for those last bombs and watchtowers to pop up.

They pop up after Scarecrows assault on the GCPD

Palpable

A couple of concerns...

First, I preordered the game at gamestop for the Red Hood DLC pack. I tried putting in the code they gave me for it and PSN says it has already been used. wtf?

Second, is anyone having problems with the game not detecting that you're online? I'm connected to PSN and the game is fully updated, yet the leaderboards keep telling me I need to be connected to PSN to view it.

ekim

I'm at 33% in the story and I'm curious who the Arkham Knight could be. I'm not that into the Batman universe (only played the games and watched the recent movie trilogy ) ... so will be the revelation of the identity be something surprising for me or rather something like "who?"

A couple of concerns...

First, I preordered the game at gamestop for the Red Hood DLC pack. I tried putting in the code they gave me for it and PSN says it has already been used. wtf?

Yeah, this has been an issue for a few people as well. Unfortunately, calling WB Games' support line doesn't get you anywhere, either.

Second, is anyone having problems with the game not detecting that you're online? I'm connected to PSN and the game is fully updated, yet the leaderboards keep telling me I need to be connected to PSN to view it.

Yeah, I haven't been able to connect since the day after launch. I think that's pretty widespread too, at least on PS4.

samueeL

Banned
Alright, just finished the game. Not 100% yet though but the story. So I finished the story and not the game I guess... :D Loved it, just the epic last couple of hours of story missions made this the best Batman game for me.

Biggest minus in this game for me was:
Arkham Knight being Jason. Basically that was the first guess after they announced Red Hood pre-order DLC...

Can't wait to get everything to 100% and
see how protocol Knightfall works out.

DontBlink

Is anyone else getting CE-34878-0 errors on the PS4? I got to 33% progress in the story and now the game crashes every time as soon as I try to control Batman.

I already tried uninstalling the game but that did not help, and I never had this happen with other games.

DOWN

Banned
Lol at people pretending the PS4 advantages don't count even though they are clearly recorded advantages
No reason vent animations should feel so good, but Rocksteady's animation team and presentation goes above and beyond in every aspect.

AK1bf2cd.gif

AK209726.gif
Lordt

RPGCrazied

Goddamn at that jump scare.

Was just grappling to LexCorp building and suddenly, Man-Bat!

I think it did for everyone. I was already in the heat of a battle with tanks and run from the scene, heart racing, then this happened. Had a heart attack. lol

I have a question : I am at 66% of the main story
just after jailing Harley Queen and I got Freeze's gadget.
I wanted to complete Nigma's quest but he says I need a gadget

The question :
I think it's the gadget that allows you to electrify and power up things judging by the Nigma trophies I couldn't get because of turbines throughout the city. When do I unlock it ? I kind of want to do the sidequests before beating the game

Thanks.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
First person mode makes the Riddler races a joke. Did the last one first try.

Didn't even know this was possible. Tried a couple Scarecrow ones super early on and was all over the road losing big time before even entering combat phase, assumed I just needed upgrades to come even close to Gold medals. What button on PS4 is camera switch?

RPGCrazied

I have a question : I am at 66% of the main story
just after jailing Harley Queen and I got Freeze's gadget.
I wanted to complete Nigma's quest but he says I need a gadget

The question :
I think it's the gadget that allows you to electrify and power up things judging by the Nigma trophies I couldn't get because of turbines throughout the city. When do I unlock it ? I kind of want to do the sidequests before beating the game

Thanks.

Have a search at the GCPD!

Alienous

Didn't even know this was possible. Tried a couple Scarecrow ones super early on and was all over the road losing big time before even entering combat phase, assumed I just needed upgrades to come even close to Gold medals. What button on PS4 is camera switch?

R1?

iMax

Did anyone else work out who
Arkham Knight
was immediately after
they saw he shared the exact same height and weight as Jason
?

bryanee

Depends what control scheme. If you have the default then its R1, if you have toggle battle mode (which you should) then its down on d-pad.

Sayers

Ok I must be an idiot or something but I'm on
the roof of the GCPD building fighting a bunch of scarecrows forces and Oracle is yelling
"STEAM PIPES BATMAN!" and "THE ELECTRIC FENCE!" And I am supposed to do what with this information? The game sure as fuck isn't telling me.

Top Bottom