• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman: Arkham Knight |OT| Protect Gotham Racing

Alienous

Can you get all of The Riddler's keys without finding many of his trophies?

Yes.

Ok I must be an idiot or something but I'm on
the roof of the GCPD building fighting a bunch of scarecrows forces and Oracle is yelling
"STEAM PIPES BATMAN!" and "THE ELECTRIC FENCE!" And I am supposed to do what with this information? The game sure as fuck isn't telling me.

Get close to the parts of the environment that are glowing blue for an environmental takedown.

sjay1994

the roof of the GCPD building fighting a bunch of scarecrows forces and Oracle is yelling
"STEAM PIPES BATMAN!" and "THE ELECTRIC FENCE!" And I am supposed to do what with this information? The game sure as fuck isn't telling me.

She is activating environmental takedowns for you

Finishers.

Oni3298

They're just environmental takedowns essentially, but specific to oracle and the gcpd roof.

If you get close to the fences and various pipes the object and person nearest will light up blue and you can do an instant takedown. X and Square on Ps4 i believe.

sjay1994

I think its safe to say after Arkham City, Origins and Knight

I fucking hate the riddler. I think the best thing about RS ending their batman trilogy is that I may never need to look for riddler trophies again.

Oni3298

I fucking hate the riddler. I think the best thing about RS ending their batman trilogy is that I may never need to look for riddler trophies again.

Aww come on, they're fun distractions!

RPGCrazied

I'm sure Rocksteady at this point doesn't want to see Batman ever again, cool as he is. They have been doing all these games for what, close to 7 years?

I really hope they tackle TMNT next.

Mister Wolf

Gold Member
Am i the only one who feels like the enemies are a lot more passive and slower to attack compared to the previous games? I play all the Batman games on hard.

Neiteio

This battle near the end is breaking my spirit.
GCPD parking garage fight. Flashing red lights are making me sick. Can't tell who's who if I stick to detective mode. Guys with stun sticks keep killing me. My armor is fully upgraded and I'm making use of the Batmobile takedown shots...
Any tips?

Alienous

GCPD parking garage fight. Flashing red lights are making me sick. Can't tell who's who if I stick to detective mode. Guys with stun sticks keep killing me. My armor is fully upgraded and I'm making use of the Batmobile takedown shots...
Any tips?

Maybe sure you take out the biggest guys with the environmental takedowns first before trying to take down anyone else.

Just keep dashing to an environmental takedown location until the prompt appears on one of the more powerful enemies.

EDIT:
Wait, I thought you mean the
rooftop
. Throw a smoke pellet to the ground, and use your take downs on the stuck stick dudes?

Any tips?

I had a bit of trouble with this, retried a few times until I noticed the batmobile was right there, begging to be got into...

Any chance that Rocksteady might allow a patch for players to option back the old gadget format from Asylum and City? I hate the new radial format. It really takes you out of the mood and disrupts the flow in predator challenges.

Alienous

Any chance that Rocksteady might allow a patch for players to option back the old gadget format from Asylum and City? I hate the new radial format. It really takes you out of the mood and disrupts the flow in predator challenges.

Yeah, it really impact the flow of the predator sequences for me.

The amount of times I've pulled out the mission selection menu trying to select a gadget, man, so annoying.

I don't know what they could do.

Neiteio

I had a bit of trouble with this, retried a few times until I noticed the batmobile was right there, begging to be got into...
I just face-palmed myself so hard. I'm so stupid. Why didn't I think of that. I even acknowledged the Batmobile was helping me with the takedowns. It never even occurred to me to go inside the Batmobile. XD

E the Shaggy

My God, the sheer enormity of the sidequests is staggering and I'm debating just spoiling myself on the other endings via Youtube.

They could have cut down the firefighters/roadblocks/tower missions by half and there still would have been too many of them. I still haven't even scratched the surface of the Riddler trophies!

The primary villains of this game are definitely better than just Joker in Asylum and Ra's/Joker/Strange in City.

Arkham Knight and Scarecrow along with
GhostJoker
feel like far more dangerous and effective villains than the previous ones.

I just face-palmed myself so hard. I'm so stupid. Why didn't I think of that. I even acknowledged the Batmobile was helping me with the takedowns. It never even occurred to me to go inside the Batmobile. XD

Oh, yeah, I had the same reaction. Lol

Good luck on the next bit, by the way. I hated it and spent almost 2 hours retrying over and over. Persevere!

Yeah, it really impact the flow of the predator sequences for me.

The amount of times I've pulled out the mission selection menu trying to select a gadget, man, so annoying.

I don't know what they could do.

I'm no game developer, so what would it require to remap the control scheme? I know alot of flack is coming from the PC crowd, but I have to assume there are alot of people annoyed by this. Bioware was forced to do a mea culpa after the Mass Effect 3 fiasco by offering a dlc ending, iirc.

So is the bit in
the churchyard defending Ivy's plant
the bit that everyone hates? I found it fine. Maybe it's because I've done all the available
AR challenges and bomb defusing
but I actually quite enjoyed it.

I fully understood the tank complaint by the end. You know the fight.
Cloud burst tank.
Eff that jazz.
I literally beat that on my first try on hard mode, and it was super intense and fun. I died at the actual boss fight after what seemed like forever, but then I realized I was approaching it the wrong was and immediately beat it lol. That was the moment that convinced me that people who don't like the Batmobile aren't bothering to try to get good with it.

None of this stuff is any more annoying that harder predator sequences (stuck on a hard one right now), just different.

ViciousDS

Banned
Amazing game, really love the cut scenes in his arm. Very well done and not to mention how great this game looks. This and witcher 3 are going to be hard to beat for my GOTY votes.

thatJohann

I think I'm around the end. Had to lower difficulty from normal to easy so I didn't throw my controller against the wall on some parts. I wish there weren't so many upgrades. I don't know where to spend my points and I don't use any of the moves. Bleh. I think they made the game more complex than it needed to be. Overall I give it a 3 out of 5.

I literally beat that on my first try on hard mode, and it was super intense and fun. I died at the actual boss fight after what seemed like forever, but then I realized I was approaching it the wrong was and immediately beat it lol. That was the moment that convinced me that people who don't like the Batmobile aren't bothering to try to get good with it.

None of this stuff is any more annoying that harder predator sequences (stuck on a hard one right now), just different.

Oh man, congrats to you, I was a full tank supporter up until then. Loved the ar challenges and the virus uploads, but that fight was just too much. Eventually just upgraded my last armor during the middle for that HP boost, and went all out on the final phase. Satisfying finally winning though.

jediyoshi

I think I'm around the end. Had to lower difficulty from normal to easy so I didn't throw my controller against the wall on some parts. I wish there weren't so many upgrades. I don't know where to spend my points and I don't use any of the moves. Bleh. I think they made the game more complex than it needed to be. Overall I give it a 3 out of 5.

It's always been this way, they give you more tools than you need, but you've always been able to get away with just utilizing the ones you use personally. I don't think I've ever touched a destructible wall to use for takedowns in predator or used explosive gel mid combat in any Arkham games.

BD1

Banned
Fucking game keeps freezing up on me and crashing Only happens during batmobile sequences. At least 3-4 times now. It's driving me crazy. XB1

VanWinkle

A little over halfway into the story now, 30% done with total in-game content. I love it, but they just introduced cobra drones and I can already tell I'm going to hate dealing with those, lol.

DrBo42

Nah, fuck that excuse. I was fully competent in its combat through the entire game and still hated it.

Does this game block recording and screenshots during cutscenes? I'm going to be annoyed if that recording has been blocked/unblocked notification pops up every time I enter a cutscene.

Does this game block recording and screenshots during cutscenes? I'm going to be annoyed if that recording has been blocked/unblocked notification pops up every time I enter a cutscene.

Not every time. Only in one stretch, during a particularly revealing segment.

Only ones that come to mind are the scenes preceding and encompassing the last story mission in the game. There might have been 1-2 more I'm not remembering.

I thought the
Cloudburst
fight along with all the stealth
shoot behind them
sections were pretty easy.

I had the upgraded Batmobile weapon that distracted enemies by firing it. So I just fired it at a wall, dodged behind them and took them out. Upgrade made it ridiculously easy.

The
Cloudburst
fight is a joke too in difficulty once you realize that you aren't constrained to a small area. So you just shoot him once and book it so far way that he simply can't catch up to you.

Now that I have the afternoon off, I'm really loving this game. I was worried I was losing my taste for big games after not liking Witcher 3 at all, but this is the most I've enjoyed a game since Bloodborne.

I hear you. Although Bloodborne is still relatively new, Witcher 3 hasn't gripped me yet.

It may be restricting, but I couldn't help but get excited when I saw the "this scene is blocked" message on-screen. It's like a hype delivery machine. And it delivered.

CHC

Are there more twists to look forward to other than the identity of
Arkham Knight
? It was spoiled for me but I still want to be excited for the plot. Just looking for a simple yes / no answer. Thanks.

viveks86

Holy Moly! Just got through Ace Chemicals! Just... wow. Didn't see any of that coming

batmanak2015-06-2818-dhjry.png

batmanak2015-06-2818-74kns.png

Nah, fuck that excuse. I was fully competent in its combat through the entire game and still hated it.

I believe you. After 73 percent completion of the whole game, I'm convinced much of the hate is overblown considerably. The only weak point has been the straight-up drone combat when it's drawn out, particularly during those bomb diffusing sequences — the cobra drone fights are actually intense and interesting in that they require some tactics. I read a reviewer talking about how infuriating the car-stealth sequences were. Upon playing them, all I could this was "that's it?" I completely understand why some might think people complaining about the tank segments just suck at them going by that review.

It's a distraction at worst, and it's a bit baffling to see it be a notable hangup for people. There are a lot of predator sequences in this game, even more than in Asylum, and there's definitely no shortage of straight-up fights, especially if you indulge in the side missions. There's been no tank part that seems like a brick wall worthy of note. Getting three stars in the AR challenge, sure, but nothing in the main game.

Top Bottom