• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman: Arkham Knight |OT| Protect Gotham Racing

I feel shitty about that Gamersyde spoiler but holy crap does the Giant Bomb quicklook have a spoiler.

Yeah I'm kinda regretting watching this because that cutscene was kinda jarring. I don't know what spoiler you're talking about but I have good idea what it is.

Gerstmann is great though.

PrinceKee

The Xbox One version looks good from the Gamersyde videos. But, is there still no confirmed resolution or anything like that? Really need to hurry up and decide what version I'm getting. Can get the game for like $30 on X1 plus I have way more space on my X1 compared to my PS4 which I need a new HDD for. But, I wouldn't the extra scarecrow missions and other PS4 exclusives even though I'm not excited about it. Also Rocksteady never confirming what resolution the X1 version runs in has me worried...

Now that RS is apparently done with bats, it's time for someone to do spider-man some justice. Just imagine *drools*

Disney should just let WBi have all of the Marvel licenses in exchange for a percent cut. They already do something similar with the Lego games, and WBi has shown they can use superhero IPs pretty well (Injustice, Arkham games).

The Xbox One version looks good from the Gamersyde videos. But, is there still no confirmed resolution or anything like that? Really need to hurry up and decide what version I'm getting. Can get the game for like $30 on X1 plus I have way more space on my X1 compared to my PS4 which I need a new HDD for. But, I wouldn't the extra scarecrow missions and other PS4 exclusives even though I'm not excited about it. Also Rocksteady never confirming what resolution the X1 version runs in has me worried...

Beyond3D says 900p.

mm..

900p confirmed for Xbox.

Pretty tough to find a decent edge what with all the post-processing and CA, eventually found something at the Police Station.

styl3s

I feel shitty about that Gamersyde spoiler but holy crap does the Giant Bomb quicklook have a spoiler.
The thing in the beginning? The
Joker hallucination or whatever?
i don't know, i barely consider that a mild spoiler but it is a spoiler none the less.

Also, good rule of thumb is to never watch a GB quick look or any video with around an hour or longer footage of single player because chances are something is going to get spoiled.

Man, the tank is utilized a lot in these gameplay vids. Did Batman even have a Bat Tank...

Is this a Rocksteady thing? Apologies in advanced, my knowledge of the comic book and movies is somewhat limited.

Piggus

Any Xbox One impressions? PC version has broken SLI, so I am thinking of going Xbox One but just need to know if it is a mess on X1.

That's a really poor reason to go with the Xbox version unless your GPUs are old. You'll probably still get better performance even with one GPU.

Browsing GAF and noticed the OT's title. Very clever and I read it wrong the first time, then realized it was even more clever than I thought. Well done to whomever coined it.

As for the game, will most certainly be my first Arkham Batman game. I haven't played a Batman video game since the NES game. Have things changed much? :)

You should reeeally consider starting playing at Batman Arkham Asylum and then Batman Arkham City, or you'll be missing A LOT (Origins you can skip)

The thing in the beginning? The
Joker hallucination or whatever?
i don't know, i barely consider that a mild spoiler but it is a spoiler none the less.

Also, good rule of thumb is to never watch a GB quick look or any video with around an hour or longer footage of single player because chances are something is going to get spoiled.

Personally I would consider the cutscene where
Gordon hits Batman
the spoiler. I really wish I hadn't watched that lol.

Now that RS is apparently done with bats, it's time for someone to do spider-man some justice. Just imagine *drools*
Rocksteady doing Spider-Man would be pretty cool now that I think about it.

Core gameplay would be pretty similar too. You would have challenge areas with Spider-Man webbing up people onto the ceiling as takedowns while also adding some interesting mechanics using his spidey abilities.

There would be a ton of skins for him and he has a huge library of villains like Batman.

Damn now I want this to happen.

FaintDeftone

The VPN trick worked. I got it to load and played for about 45min.

The PC version does indeed seem to have some issues. I glitched out pretty bad during the first interrogation sequence and the framerate isn't as smooth as I would have liked.

My rig is a:

Core i7 4790k 4.0ghz
8GB RAM
EVGA Geforce 970 SCC 4GB
1080p resolution
Everything set to High except Gameworks features.

Hopefully some drivers will release and smooth things out.

EDIT: Just noticed the .ini edit for the framerate. Set it to cap at 60 and it is much smoother.

Permanently A

Rocksteady doing Spider-Man would be pretty cool now that I think about it.

Core gameplay would be pretty similar too. You would have challenge areas with Spider-Man webbing up people onto the ceiling as takedowns while also adding some interesting mechanics using his spidey abilities.

There would be a ton of skins for him and he has a huge library of villains like Batman.

Damn now I want this to happen.

Too bad Activision wouldn't want to pay the budget for a proper Spider-man game. They just force Beenox to make half baked ones all day.

Man, the tank is utilized a lot in these gameplay vids. Did Batman even have a Bat Tank...

Is this a Rocksteady thing? Apologies in advanced, my knowledge of the comic book and movies is somewhat limited.

It's more of a Christopher Nolan thing. He made it up for his Dark Knight movies.

Isn't Barbara's(oracle) involvement with batman a secret? If so why is batman whipping out video feeds of her right in front of officers and in the middle of the street?

Also how do I change my skin? Is it the same way as origins?
In the batcave that is.

Fukk I need to get to work in an hour and this game will unlock by then.

I so want to skip today and just play the heck out of this game, but cant do it because my department will need me as one of my colleagues is on leave ...DAMN HER. Damn her to hell :( !!!

styl3s

It's more of a Christopher Nolan thing. He made it up for his Dark Knight movies.
Batman had a massive fucking tank in TDKR graphic novel. Batman has had missiles in numerous comic books but only a tank in the dark knight returns i believe. Also, in the Nolan stuff. Considering how dark these games are how they take from the millar stuff i feel like it fits right now.

This ain't 60s batman.

hlhbk

So while I am a huge Batman fan, and have been waiting for this forever I am going to hold off playing the PC version when it unlocks in an hour due to the technical issues. I have the PS4 LE coming via amazon tomorrow, and will just play it when that is delivered around 4-6 PM. Man the wait tomorrow is going to suck!

Now I am debating on how I want to play it. On my 24 inch computer monitor and a 5.1 surround sound setup in my computer room or my 50 inch DLP TV with virtual surround sound from the TV itself (which sounds pretty great). What say you GAF?

Batman had a massive fucking tank in TDKR graphic novel. Batman has had missiles in numerous comic books but only a tank in the dark knight returns i believe. Also, in the Nolan stuff. Considering how dark these games are how they take from the millar stuff i feel like it fits right now.

This ain't 60s batman.

Ohhh, that is so true. Totally forgot Miller Bat.

Shoe786

So I just played the first couple hours on PC. Performance issues aside, the Batmobile gameplay so far just isn't fun... It's not so bad that I'll stop playing, but it just feels like busywork. Kind of like how the gun play in Uncharted gets dry sometimes, but worse.

Also the melee combat feels like its lacking a bit of 'oomph". It's more Arkham Origins than Arkham City if anyone knows what I mean. Maybe things will pick up after I unlock more combos and stuff.

Got the Premium edition for PC for this one due to price (35.75 includes season pass, etc) X1/PS4 gonna have to wait :-/...on that note.

I am ready for this game, how long is the campaign suppose to be?

Dubz

I love this game. Combat and traversal have pretty much been perfected by the devs. The bat mobile has not been annoying. The AR challenges have been fun. Oh and the graphics on PS4 are outstanding.

Very happy so far. Albeit only 2 hours in.

Got me Limited Edition ;)
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=995258363841072&l=83a33bbc10

Love it!
I didn't know it lit up,lol, i was just about to put it on the shelf where it'll belong but then the wife says "what are these batteries for?"... i was like whaaaat?!?!
lol

Can you please take a picture of the back of the game case or type out the UPC #? I am trying to determine if the UPC is the same as the vanilla version so I can buy the vanilla version and return my LE copy once it arrives.

20cent

Banned
Oh no I got spoiled while watching people playing the game or by listening discussions from people who finished it

I hope I won't get spoiled the season 5 of GOT by watching the summarized season 5 video from youtube

PrinceKee

Disney should just let WBi have all of the Marvel licenses in exchange for a percent cut. They already do something similar with the Lego games, and WBi has shown they can use superhero IPs pretty well (Injustice, Arkham games).

Beyond3D says 900p.

Thanks. Wasn't expecting 1080p on X1 since they never came out and confirmed the Xbox One resolution, but was really hoping it would be...

Toa TAK

Banned
Just popping in to say that I love the OT title. :)

I'll probably be nabbing the game on Friday. Arkham Asylum and City are some mandatory plays last gen. Excited to see how they'll close out the story and flesh out the gameplay.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
It says 40 minutes and everyone apparently is about to shelf it and call it good until Fallout 4.

Edit:39 minutes.

You Speedrunners

Oh no I got spoiled while watching people playing the game or by listening discussions from people who finished it

I hope I won't get spoiled the season 5 of GOT by watching the summarized season 5 video from youtube

It's one thing to watch a summary of GOT, it's another to watch a gameplay video that there totally aren't any spoilers in, promise, oh wait sorry there are some that I just didn't notice. Sorry about that.

I'm willing to wait for this one and by wait, I mean as soon as I get out of work tomorrow lol.

Physical copy plus Season Pass and I'll be set.

Luckily I'll be out of work after 6 hours.

Now I just gotta hope the download doesn't take forever...

Septimus

Is anyone's game not installing properly on PS4? I've been playing for a while but some missions say wait for the full installation to finish. But the progress bar on that isn't budging.

Simo

Not sure i follow ya mate, Name Plate?

Anyway,
Back Right side of Statue, the building lifts up (magnetic) and there's a switch.
It'll be better when night time,lol
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=995259390507636&l=a6f3f93629

Oh I just didn't want you to take a snap of the statue and include the name plate on the front since the description might be a spoiler for some people.

Holy fuck though that looks cool as hell!! Totally unexpected and can't wait for mine to arrive tomorrow!

Kolgar

Just watched a stream and decided maybe I ought to wait until the honeymoon is over so I can get some more level-headed impressions.

Not to nitpick, but it was raining and the ground stayed dry. :/

Top Bottom