• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman: Arkham Knight |OT| Protect Gotham Racing

Lucreto

Just took a break from the Batmobile and had to double take at some of the signs.

Joker replacing people in the signs.

Ferrio

Banned
Question about sub quests, do you actually have to go flying around everywhere looking for the next part? Like I'm not going to be at end game running around hoping I get some random chatter that tells me where I might have to go? Or will there be some mechanism to automatically advance the quest?

RoadHazard

Gold Member
So, I'm trying to investigate the tremors as part of the main mission,but it says to secure the area - reloading the game didn't fix this either - there's nothing around me on the mini map and I only have one checkpoint left on that island which I can't take out due to it having some big ass sentry guns - that's on the other side of the island anyway so it shouldn't be affecting me.

Sounds like you've hit the same glitch I did, but during a different mission. I never found a solution, so I decided to start the game over. Now I'm getting scared it's gonna happen again...

NG+ is automatically hardest difficulty.

Ah sweet, I remember there being hard mode achievements in another Arkham game, but if all I need is NG+, all the better! Thanks!

Question about sub quests, do you actually have to go flying around everywhere looking for the next part? Like I'm not going to be at end game running around hoping I get some random chatter that tells me where I might have to go? Or will there be some mechanism to automatically advance the quest?

As you progress and clear the skies and roadways, eventually you'll just be given the coordinates.

So decided to take out a random group of like 15 guys on the street, imagine the horror on my face when I noticed that for some reason, one of them
was the Joker.
Oh my lord, this is one of those stealth horror games isn't it? ._.

I'm only 15 percent in but these jump scares so far aren't a good sign for my jumpiness.

Yes! And it gets worse as the story goes on with the jump scares.

Can someone explain a little more what this is about? I'm considering getting the game and this sounds really interesting.

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
FYI, there was some debate prior to release as to whether Arkham Origins was part of the continuity.

It's very obvious that it is. You can even see the Royal Hotel off in the distance.

Kill the large automated drones flying over each island so you can get the police helicopters back into the air. They will give you intel to progress to the next step of the sub-quests.

AHA-Lambda

Can anyone confirm how many
endings
there are in the game?

Just took a break from the Batmobile and had to double take at some of the signs.

Joker replacing people in the signs.

Such a cool moment first time I noticed it, nice little touch.

Cowlick

Banned
I'm at the part of the Riddler side-quest
to free Catwoman that requires me to proceed to a church
, but I can't get the Batmobile to that island; the bridge is up. How do I lower it?

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
For a 100% run you absolutely need more than two hours on the Batmobile. Even if you were perfect and invested all upgrades in it – which we can safely assume won't be the case for most players - it's still a tough ask. All the story missions, APCs,
Firefly
, mines, races and puzzles? Maybe story missions alone.

And it's not just time spent in the Batmobile. It's that the time spent in it isn't as deep or engaging as combat or predator. It's not bad, it's just a step down.

Along with AR missions. There's 5 race, 4 combat, 6 hybrid(race and combat)...meanwhile there's 4 predator and 4 combat challenges as the on foot batman.

I'm pretty early in the game, but the enemy attack indicator is ridiculously long on hard. The icon pops up way before they even start to attack and their wind up animation looks like it's in slow-mo.

I loved playing Asylum on Hard as I had to actually watch enemy animations for cues on what to do. It really bugged me that since then the counter icons were activated on hard, even if I know here they're gone in NG+. Combat is soooo simple with them on as you can just interrupt and queue up counters once you see the symbol, making you never really commit to an action. It always plays out much better without it.

Enjoy the Jumpscare at the beginning, expected during my first run through but it didn't. I didn't think it would happen the second time through. Damn Joker, is this gonna be constant thing during NG+?
Dude, spoilers haha

I'm still annoyed they didn't call it Batman: City of Fear. #CityofFear, let's get it trending!

Scarecrows voice actor is great.

420bits

Mine was a joke that goes something like
"How many people does it take to make a superhero? Three, two to die and one to never get over it!"
Poor Bats.

So many good lines in this game and most of them from
Joker, he is such a great character!
I really liked the
2 messages from Joker in the office and as far as deathscreen goes, I grinned at Jokers "Bats? Bats?! BAAATS!"

How do I build the weapon guage for the Batmobile with no enemies around, need it for a riddler trophy.
, but I can't get the Batmobile to that island; the bridge is up. How do I lower it?

Story,

Dominator

The worst jumpscare for me when
you play as Gordon then go first person into the Joker thug quarantine, and then all of a sudden you turn around and BAM!!! Batman is right in your fucking face.

Scared the shit out of me lol

Well, I JUST finished it. Overall, it was really good, but definitely not perfect. I'd give it an 8.5/10.

I still need to do the last
Manbat
mission part, and also do the remaining 4 or 5 Riddler challenges. I don't think I'll spend the time looking for all of the fire crew members or the burning Bat symbols, though. Or do the bombs/outposts.

geomon

The worst jumpscare for me when
you play as Gordon then go first person into the Joker thug quarantine, and then all of a sudden you turn around and BAM!!! Batman is right in your fucking face.

Scared the shit out of me lol

Oh man, it did the same for me.

My mind is blown by this game, having skipped City and Origins and this is one of my first "next-gen" titles on my PS4. To see Gotham in all this detail, with all this destructability....it's quite amazing. Also, I get very strong Blade Runner vibes from the color palette and rain effects in the city.

foxtrot3d

Banned
My mind is blown by this game, having skipped City and Origins and this is one of my first "next-gen" titles on my PS4. To see Gotham in all this detail, with all this destructability....it's quite amazing. Also, I get very strong Blade Runner vibes from the color palette and rain effects in the city.

You done fucked up.

Piku_Ringo

Banned
Rocksteady, I love ya and the game is fantastic, but you can't be putting the master assassin known as Deathstroke in a tank and call it a day.

So many good lines in this game and most of them from
Joker, he is such a great character!
I really liked the
2 messages from Joker in the office and as far as deathscreen goes, I grinned at Jokers "Bats? Bats?! BAAATS!"
A nod to the Metal Gear Solid deathscreen, loved it

Regginator

I've played this for around 30 hours and I already forgot: does this even have regular, traditional boss battles? I only remember the "fight" with
Arkham Knight
, which was heavily disappointing, but all others have been tank fights, right?

Went in to disarm a bomb, they sent in 25 tanks and drones, the battle lasted for like 5 minutes if not more. Jesus fucking christ.

I'm not looking forward to the AR challenge where you have to survive for 6 minutes....

The later ones throw 40+ at you, lol.

Unless I'm misremembering, the most fucked up thing is you actually need to do them to unlock the ending. Even finding all the Riddler trophies and riddles if you want the full ending.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!

Well worth playing both City and Origins if you crave more after finishing Knight.

I've played this for around 30 hours and I already forgot: does this even have regular, traditional boss battles? I only remember the "fight" with
Arkham Knight

Unless I'm misremembering, the most fucked up thing is you actually need to do them to unlock the ending. Even finding all the Riddler trophies and riddles if you want the full ending.

I can think of two or three from the Most Wanted missions, though they're not one on one fights. And only one has a health bar...

And the AR challenges aren't for the 100%. Just trophies/achievements.

I think there are exceptions to this. Am through 90% of the main quest and it never gave the location to any of Azrael's missions

I had the GCPD choppers give me the locations to the last two Azrael locations. Just depends I guess.

Did all the side missions except the Riddler, just dont find them fun this time around, more of a chore after doing them all in AA and AC.
Watched the full ending on YouTube, was decent but nothing that I would do all the Riddler challenges for, its what I wouldve expected a "normal" ending to be.
Was a mistake of RS to hide the full ending behind the Riddler challeges imo

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
I think there are exceptions to this. Am through 90% of the main quest and it never gave the location to any of Azrael's missions

Alfred gave me updates for that, though I never got one for the final symbol in the chain.

You need to do a good chunk of the side stuff, but not all since there's 2 stages of that last ending. I think the req. is difficulty based though, I had to do nearly every side quest to do it.

Progress the Arkham Knight storyline and eventually the bridges will drop. I think I was around 55% in when it happened

Alfred gave me updates for that, though I never got one for the final symbol in the chain.

You need to do a good chunk of the side stuff, but not all since there's 2 stages of that last ending. I think the req. is difficulty based though, I had to do nearly every side quest to do it.

All side quests for ending 2, All side quests + all riddler trophies for complete ending.

JustinBB7

Beat the main story last night, awesome game. I even liked the Batmobile. I only have a few outpost/towers and like 3 bombs left + all riddler thropies, and then I'll be done 100%.

Awesome game but I would have liked some real boss battles like people are saying. Origins was great with them.

Garibaldi

Enough with the tank shit already Rocksteady!

Why they crafted a honed predator based game of cat and mouse early in the series with cool variety only to have the end game of their series basically just dodging and shooting waves of fucking drones I'll never know. The batmobile isn't even a batmobile at this point.

Asylum > Origins > City > Knight (only because of the tank battles, otherwise it would be better than City)

Arkham Knight

There's a dual battle with Tim where an opponent has a health bar. Don't think it counts though.

Top Bottom