• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman: Arkham Knight |OT| Protect Gotham Racing

DOG3NZAKA

Banned
Visually the game is a masterpiece. Excessive on the filters maybe, but man does it come together so beautifully. It's one of the few games that has a truly obvious generation leap.

This is on par if not better than the Samaritan demo. It's an absolute delight for the eyes

SomTervo

Hmm thanks, 25 hours isn't bad by any means, im thinking the witcher willl probably last me until fallout

For me Batman is more like 35-40 hours. I'm lapping it up. And I'm having more fun with it than The Witcher – but they're very different games. I consider The Witcher just as good, but it's more like playing a novel. Great literary experience. Batman is more traditionally fun.

Also classic
Mark Heap

E the Shaggy

Uhhh Batman,
maybe sticking the Fire Chief in a cell with Two Face, Deacon Blackfire, the Penguin, and Professor fucking Pyg isn't the best idea in the world.

Grady

so im torn between buying this and The Witcher 3, never played a Witcher game before, played and finished the last batman game, which i enjoyed.

Is this one really good, and does it have a long story that'll keep me going for a good while?

Rpgs are my favorite genre, but witcher 3 does get tedious about halfway through. I am playing on hardest mode available and am so over leveled it turned into easy mode. The exploration (my favorite part of rpgs) is pretty much non existent thanks to taking an assasins creed approach to the map and just having hundreds of markers all over the place and a repetitive world. Story is the best part about it. I am about 80 hours into witcher 3 and only half way through it. That could explain my fatigue. I will go back to it eventually.

Currently playing Batman. About 15 hours in and am 50 percent done the main campaign and 33 percent done overall. At this pace that will put me at close to 40 hours to 100 percent the game. Maybe 50 hours depending how long it take me to get some of the trophies. If you only do the main campaign i anticipate it would take around 15 hours to complete.

So do you really have to get every single Riddler trophy and solve every riddle to get the 100% ending, or just the main Catwoman quest?

You're seriously just going to let that bitch run his mouth and never bring him to justice!? All the trash talking he was doing was such good motivation to get those trophies so a could eventually get my hands around his neck.

Iceternal

Loved this game but some things disappointed me and prevents it to be the best in the series :

No Arkham Knight boss fight. I would've gotten rid of the RIDICULOUS drill fight and made a CQC fight instead a la Deathstroke but better.

At least there was a predator boss fight with the Red Hood that wasn't too bad so it made me a little less salty.

Lack of dungeons, I feel like the game lacks one more big dungeon like the ones in the previous games. Maybe the future DLC will fill this gap (is the Batman one taking place during Arkham Knight or is it a prequel ?).

Lack of riddles, you know, the scannable ones. There were much fewer in this game compared to AC and AA.

sdornan

Loved this game but some things disappointed me and prevents it to be the best in the series :

No Arkham Knight boss fight. I would've gotten rid of the RIDICULOUS drill fight and made a CQC fight instead a la Deathstroke but better.

At least there was a predator boss fight with the Red Hood that wasn't too bad so it made me a little less salty.

Lack of dungeons, I feel like the game lacks one more big dungeon like the ones in the previous games. Maybe the future DLC will fill this gap (is the Batman one taking place during Arkham Knight or is it a prequel ?).

Lack of riddles, you know, the scannable ones. There were much fewer in this game compared to AC and AA.
This game has 40 riddles. How many did the others have?

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
So I take it I can only do a sidemission if there is a distance indicator next to it in the mission select wheel? It's a little confusing tbh. Do they just show up over time?

Anyone?

I've found that it depends on the side mission.

Certain ones develop over time, and they only update once you come across the next objective, or are alerted to a development. For example, the firefighter rescues won't tell you where the next firefighter is unless you come across them or a police helicopter spots them and radios it in — if you get rid of drones in an area, police helicopters can then patrol it, alerting you to goings-on in the area.

Which missions in particular are you asking about?

If I understand correctly, the marker appears when you drive/flight close to a mission location. For some missions you know exactly what to look for from a distance.

In addition to that, I think that after a given amount of time you got "INTEL" on the mission selection wheel, meaning that you are given a marker to a location close to the exact one, just to prevent you from get stucked.

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
I've found that it depends on the side mission.

Certain ones develop over time, and they only update once you come across the next objective, or are alerted to a development. For example, the firefighter rescues won't tell you where the next firefighter is unless you come across them or a police helicopter spots them and radios it in — if you get rid of drones in an area, police helicopters can then patrol it, alerting you to goings-on in the area.

Which missions in particular are you asking about?

Thanks, I'm only 25% through, but I'm probably referring to the firefighter and
Azazel
missions now. The Riddler ones seem to appear straight away. Also it says there are garrisons on the map, but when I select them from the mission select they don't appear.

If I understand correctly, the marker appears when you drive/flight close to a mission location. For some missions you know exactly what to look for from a distance.

In addition to that, I think that after a given amount of time you got "INTEL" on the mission selection wheel, meaning that you are given a marker to a location close to the exact one, just to prevent you from get stucked.

Thanks.

JoeNut

Rpgs are my favorite genre, but witcher 3 does get tedious about halfway through. I am playing on hardest mode available and am so over leveled it turned into easy mode. The exploration (my favorite part of rpgs) is pretty much non existent thanks to taking an assasins creed approach to the map and just having hundreds of markers all over the place and a repetitive world. Story is the best part about it. I am about 80 hours into witcher 3 and only half way through it. That could explain my fatigue. I will go back to it eventually.

Currently playing Batman. About 15 hours in and am 50 percent done the main campaign and 33 percent done overall. At this pace that will put me at close to 40 hours to 100 percent the game. Maybe 50 hours depending how long it take me to get some of the trophies. If you only do the main campaign i anticipate it would take around 15 hours to complete.

Thanks thats good info, i'd probably focus mostly on the story in witcher anyway, so think i'll go for that, and come back to batman after

Sojgat

It's so much fun when the racing line bugs out in these driving challenges.

What a great feature. Really adds to the replayability.

*Throws controller*

SomTervo

Thanks thats good info, i'd probably focus mostly on the story in witcher anyway, so think i'll go for that, and come back to batman after

Bear in mind that quantifying a game simply in terms of how many hours it takes is pretty flawed. You might still hate The Witcher 3. Both these games have their own problems, and you'll just have to find out which one works best for you the hard way. I love both but I'd recommend Batman to more people, tbh.

Chin35char

Might not be a popular opinion but the batmobile is so much fun to drive. The way it handles in unlike any other car I've used in a game before and the ability to go into battle mode makes it drive like a ghost from halo. I love it.

tjohn86

In the previous games there was a way to finish off downed enemies mid fight. Does that exist? I can't seem to find it in the unlocks and I just sort of flail until the knockout sound at this point.

In the previous games there was a way to finish off downed enemies mid fight. Does that exist? I can't seem to find it in the unlocks and I just sort of flail until the knockout sound at this point.

Crouch + counter button/key

There are more ways you can unlock. If you go to the unlock screen, but click on the center "bat" icon, you can see all the default moves.

I remember I took a peek inside as batman and instantly started taking fire from their drones so I fled and started looking around for a way to pay them back in kind. Ended up clearing it in almost exactly the same way, except I used the stairs to the right of the batmobile as a ramp.

I used the bridge around the area, which lets you aim inside and take out the drones.

Sojgat

Might not be a popular opinion but the batmobile is so much fun to drive. The way it handles in unlike any other car I've used in a game before and the ability to go into battle mode makes it drive like a ghost from halo. I love it.

It's growing on me.

Really wish the camera wouldn't pull out so much during jumps though.

Lima

I just finished this 100% and activated the Knightfall protocol. Did they hire Nolan to write this ending? Wait no even the shitty ending to Nolans Dark Knight Trilogy was better.

I just finished this 100% and activated the Knightfall protocol. Did they hire Nolan to write this ending? Wait no even the shitty ending to Nolans Dark Knight Trilogy was better.

Really? I thought it was a pretty nice
if intentionally ambiguous ending.

You can also actually punch downed guys now which is one of the best QOL changes in the game. You don't impotently punch over their heads anymore.

Lima

Really? I thought it was a pretty nice
if intentionally ambiguous ending.

I didn't like Wayne faking his own death in Rises and I don't like it here one bit either. It doesn't make sense. He is one of the richest men in the world and even more than in Rises where his identity didn't even get revealed to the public he expects people to not recognize him? Like seriously where does he go? In the jungle deep inside Africa where things such as the Internet don't exist?

At least in Rises I liked the part of passing on the torch to Blake. Here in Arkham Knight I'm just left with what exactly after that last scene? Is Wayne back? Is someone else now Batman using Scarecrows toxin to fear the criminals cause they are not afraid of the bat anymore? Eh....

Thanks! I knew I was missing something.

If you hit crouch and the stun button, you can pick enemies back up on their feet and continue hitting them (like with a stun+beatdown). And this:

You can also actually punch downed guys now which is one of the best QOL changes in the game. You don't impotently punch over their heads anymore.

happens more often. I feel like it doesn't always work, but it's definitely better than in past games.

I'm almost done with the story, but I gotta say, I enjoy the Batmobile more than I thought I would. Driving the thing is fucking badass and I love how it gets muddy when you drive through the mud. I even like the Batmobile battles. I was abit worried when I saw it in the videos.

I didn't like Wayne faking his own death in Rises and I don't like it here one bit either. It doesn't make sense. He is one of the richest men in the world and even more than in Rises where his identity didn't even get revealed to the public he expects people to not recognize him? Like seriously where does he go? In the jungle deep inside Africa where things such as the Internet don't exist?

At least in Rises I liked the part of passing on the torch to Blake. Here in Arkham Knight I'm just left with what exactly after that last scene? Is Wayne back? Is someone else now Batman using Scarecrows toxin to fear the criminals cause they are not afraid of the bat anymore? Eh....

It happened in the comics "Dark Knight Returns", It happened in the movies "Rises", It happens here. I'm totally fine with it.

I thought it was a good ending, brought closure and curiosity

I felt the Arkham Knight story fell flat and was pushed aside in favor of the Scarecrow. No decent lead up explaining why he turned on Scarecrow at the end.
I'm hoping for a story dlc to fill in the blanks.

Marvel

could never
Got to the part when I just found out who AK is, not done with the story yet. Loving this game man, seriously goty material. I'm even enjoying the batmobile.

Not finding apc chases hard either, lotta fun.

Blader

Is there a trick to finding the Perfect Crime bodies? I've done 5 so far and I've come across all of them completely randomly.

Lima

I thought it was a good ending, brought closure and curiosity

That is fine and all. Doesn't make it a good ending. we've seen this before. Even more disspointing to just do the standard thing here after that lackluster Arkham Knight reveal which Rocksteady themselves blew up as something that will amaze and surprise batman fans as they worked with DC to bring this completely new character in. Look how that turned out.

Is there a trick to finding the Perfect Crime bodies? I've done 5 so far and I've come across all of them completely randomly.

You can hear opera music nearby. Not sure if criminals comment on seeing those bodies in the area they're located, but yeah. I wish the source of the music would show up when using detective mode though — even when I heard the music, it took me a while to pinpoint where the body is exactly.

this_multiverse

Neo Member
So I'm just finishing up the last few Riddler trophies... and I think one on
Stagg's Airship
has bugged.
There's a voice activated door and a crate that you have to slide out the airship's window... but despite the fact that the door is open, I can reopen it every time I visit it, but no matter what, the crate won't budge an inch. It has to slide right out the window, and smash on the shore below.
I think I might be boned until NG+, and I really hadn't intended to do that until PC patches had taken place.

Having a similar issue with the three winch/electrical charge challenge on the southwest of Miagani. Won't roll all the way out of the bottom. Good to see yours eventually resolved, I should just keep trying :0

When you hear opera music, that means there is one close by. Sometimes GCPD helicopters will spot on out and give you intel on the location.

So I'm just finishing up the last few Riddler trophies... and I think one on
Stagg's Airship
has bugged.
There's a voice activated door and a crate that you have to slide out the airship's window... but despite the fact that the door is open, I can reopen it every time I visit it, but no matter what, the crate won't budge an inch. It has to slide right out the window, and smash on the shore below.
I think I might be boned until NG+, and I really hadn't intended to do that until PC patches had taken place.

I was having this problem too. I managed to get it out of the room, but it seemed to be completely random — I didn't do anything differently from what I tried when it didn't work. I would try reloading the checkpoint until it works.

Apathy

Loving the game, but still absurd that batman "doesn't kill" when I've been running over thugs in the batmobile and pushing their faces into electrical boxes.

megalowho

About 5 hours in and I'm starting to enjoy the batmobile segments more than I was early on, it's fun for what it is. Still think they pop up too often and as a result the game feels unfocused compared to previous entries, when I think Batman I don't usually think tank minigame, racing or platforming through tight spaces with a car. But the game is definitely getting better the more it opens up, looking forward to more familiar characters showing up and seeing what they bring to the table.

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
I apologize if this has been clarified already but -- People who buy the Season Pass right now get absolutely nothing, correct?

What does he say? I finished the side quest after I beat the story.

I am paraphrasing but
Joker explains that locking him up was a good call and that the Chief was on the verge of becoming a criminal no different than the rest. I guess beating the uest after the story removed Joker from sitting on the rail next to the cage's door.

Ahh fuck! Can't get 100%. One of the Breakable Object challenges and several of my Riddler Trophies didn't register after I got them. Hope they patch this soon. Seems some others have had the same problem.

Top Bottom