• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman: Arkham Knight |OT| Protect Gotham Racing

Regginator

I asked at the spoiler thread.

Seems to be:

3 endings.

1. finish the game.
2. Capture 8 baddies and finish the game
3. 100% the game

They add up too, so you can apparently do one after another until you get the last ending.

I wouldn't call the first one an ending. It's basically just
Scarecrow getting arrested
and that's about it.

There's a dual battle with Tim where an opponent has a health bar. Don't think it counts though.
Nah I wouldn't count that personally. A big flaw there isn't any traditional boss fight, especially considering the story was supposed to be about the biggest super villains planning and working TOGETHER to get rid of Batman (at least that was how I interpreted the reveal last year). Main story ended up being very underwhelming in my opinion.

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
Ok, so are the jump scares random for gameplay or scripted? I must know. Because I try to play it, and put it down because I'm just anticipating a jump scare. ._. Help me batgaf.

Regginator

Ok, so are the jump scares random for gameplay or scripted? I must know. Because I try to play it, and put it down because I'm just anticipating a jump scare. ._. Help me batgaf.

I think it only happens twice, right? At least in my 30 hour playthrough it only happened twice. Once when it's
Man-Bat
and once when it's a
Joker hallucination just fucking around

Footos22

I think it only happens twice, right? At least in my 30 hour playthrough it only happened twice. Once when it's
Man-Bat
and once when it's a

Yeah those are the only 2 while just moving around the city.
both when grappling up buildings.

GeoGonzo

Man-Bat
and once when it's a
Those were the only two that actually startled me, yes. In hindsight they're both pretty great and I'm happy I wasn't expecting them. And I'm a complete wuss.

SeroTyler

First one to talk gets to stay on the aircraft!
So do you really have to get every single Riddler trophy and solve every riddle to get the 100% ending, or just the main Catwoman quest?

Rosur

Yeah fuck those jump scares lol.

The first one, I was not expecting at all...
Though did like that one where Joker appears and takes the mick out of the first one

Been playing on PC (only at 30fps) and been enjoying it so far (55% ish in atm).

SomTervo

The final mission 0_0

Now to go for 100%
Almost done with most of the quests. Need to get about 220 Riddler trophies though :sigh

I'm doing the same and I'm finding all of the Riddler trophies very fun.

The only problem is that they are, on the whole, too easy. A big step down from City, bar a few challenging exceptions. It really is like the Riddler has just shit the bed and become a C-tier villain.

Enough with the tank shit already Rocksteady!

Why they crafted a honed predator based game of cat and mouse early in the series with cool variety only to have the end game of their series basically just dodging and shooting waves of fucking drones I'll never know. The batmobile isn't even a batmobile at this point.

Asylum > Origins > City > Knight (only because of the tank battles, otherwise it would be better than City)

I finished the game on Friday and I feel the opposite. The last two story missions were like 80% on-foot Batman, the two Tank Battles only lasted a minute or two, and the story was pretty glorious. I feel the same ratio goes for the entire experience. I seriously spent about 20% of my time in the Batmobile and I feel it was almost perfectly balanced.

Knight > Asylum > Origins > City for me.

And I'm definitely not disparaging City. Still a phenomenal game. It's been a brilliant series end-to-end.

Damn breh. This game (and series, but particularly this entry) finds a great balance between keeping the player in control, but still being visually entertaining, even surprising for the player.

In all the right ways, the player is sometimes merely steering and influencing Batman rather than having a 1:1 control ratio, and by bypassing some control minutiae (which is never inherently bad depending on what a game's going for), you can get moments like what you describe where the streamlined gameplay makes crazy moments equal parts manageable, challenging and fun.

Yeah, it's almost a perfect balance in my opinion. The fights in Knight could be a bit more challenging on the whole, but I'm thinking NG+ will make up for that. Can't wait to 100% NG playthrough then crack onto NG+ as THE REAL BAT.

(Sorry for 20 page late response.)

d9b

Banned
I'm enjoying tank battles. I know it's not a popular opinion, but I think batmobile is a great addition to the game.

I'm enjoying tank battles. I know it's not a popular opinion, but I think batmobile is a great addition to the game.

I agree, but then again I'm not that far into the game, but I do enjoy calling out the batmobile and solving riddler's puzzles with it. I reckon it controls pretty well.

And launching out of it never gets old.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
Would anyone else like a Batman like this when the city isn't evacuated? It my only problem so far with the series,

Skunkers

Man-Bat
and once when it's a

Yeah, IIRC the first one
(Man-Bat)
happens when you
first get the Batmobile access to Miagani Island. The next time you try to grapple one of the bigger buildings after that point will trigger the Man-Bat scare.
I don't remember when the second
(Joker)
one happens.

Yeah, IIRC the first one
(Man-Bat)
happens when you
first get the Batmobile access to Miagani Island. The next time you try to grapple one of the bigger buildings after that point will trigger the Man-Bat scare.
I don't remember when the second
(Joker)
one happens.

I'm pretty sure the trigger is
Riddler announcing he has kidnapped Cat-Woman

Just finished the game and another jump scare (vey big late game spoilers!)
when you play as joker and the batman statues start appearing!

leng jai

So do you have to get to a certain point in the story before you can progress further into the
Catwoman
quest? Seems there's a bridge that I can't cross at the moment.

ultracal31

You don't get to bring friends.
I just finished the game. Some minor thoughts:

- As a lot of people probably mentioned the Arkham Knight reveal was the worst kept secret. Did anyone even think it wasn't Jason?

- loving the various DC easter eggs, so far my favorite being the Lex Luthor voice mail

So do you have to get to a certain point in the story before you can progress further into the
Catwoman
quest? Seems there's a bridge that I can't cross at the moment.

You have to play through the story a while before you can drive the batmobile on that island

Lima

The biggest thing to enjoy the bat mobile for me was to go into options and use the bat mobile toggle option. Makes such a difference and I have no clue why that is not the standard.

The biggest thing to enjoy the bat mobile for me was to go into options and use the bat mobile toggle option. Makes such a difference and I have no clue why that is not the standard.

I got too used to the standard controls by the time I found out about the toggle option and couldn't adapt to them. Still completed the tank sections on hard without any issue. :p

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
So I take it I can only do a sidemission if there is a distance indicator next to it in the mission select wheel? It's a little confusing tbh. Do they just show up over time?

Grady

This game is huge. Roughly 15 hours in and only have 50 percent campaign done and 33 percent overall completion. Glad there are no joker teeth and 400 riddler trophies to collect. Those always stopped me from 100 completion. Might platinum this one.

ZeroX03

Banned
This game is huge. Roughly 15 hours in and only have 50 percent campaign done and 33 percent overall completion. Glad there are no joker teeth and 400 riddler trophies to collect. Those always stopped me from 100 completion. Might platinum this one.

DLC Spoiler:
Joker Teeth will return in Batgirl: A Matter of Family!

And still a whole lot of Riddler Trophies around, even if there aren't as many as City.

Regginator

By the way, shouldn't the PC version already have access to the Harley Quinn DLC? I've pre-ordered it but I don't see where to access it.

Regginator

I did and it's not great. It's criminally short. Finished it in 20 minutes.

How have you been able to access it? I'm not expecting much, but I suppose if it's available then why not try it.

They're pretty easy, especially after you get the upgrade that
hacks drones to be on your side

And the upgrades that let you pretty much one-hit them if you target the chassis and/or turrets.

What are you talking about?!? Yes there's another big twist literally right after that segment.

Also has anybody figured out how to get the Riddler Trophy atop the Osamu Tower? There's some numbers written next to it, but I don't know what for.

Im pretty sure those numbers are like coordinates. Use your map and place a maker at where those numbers are.

Akai__

Achievement related question:

I finished the game on Normal to 100%, including the Harley DLC. If I now look at the 3 or 4 remaining secret achievements, will I spoil myself story wise? Don't care if they are gameplay related.

I guess the remaining achievements are for
Hard difficulty, NG+ and one for upgrading everything?

Is this anybody else's best looking game of the gen? Granted the only other thing I've played made specifically for PS4/XB1 was Witcher 3, which is also beautiful, but man they got the details down.

Fabric is realistically wet, you can see the pores on Batman's chin. I'm not even a huge graphics guy, but it's hard not to hammer that "Share" button when the lighting/effects line up like that.

JoeNut

so im torn between buying this and The Witcher 3, never played a Witcher game before, played and finished the last batman game, which i enjoyed.

Is this one really good, and does it have a long story that'll keep me going for a good while?

so im torn between buying this and The Witcher 3, never played a Witcher game before, played and finished the last batman game, which i enjoyed.

Is this one really good, and does it have a long story that'll keep me going for a good while?

Arkham Knight is around 25 hours all total. Witcher is 100+. I enjoyed Arkham Knight more than the 50 hours of Witcher I played, but if you're trying to get a game that'll last you for a good while I think Witcher is your best option.

Akai__

Thats the problem I have searched from top to underground and got nothing, can't find a logo besides the bank, Elliot memorial and the Future of Gotham sign.

Do you have the riddle location on the map, because it's exactly on that building. I think it's the west side of the building, where the logo is.

Link

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Visually the game is a masterpiece. Excessive on the filters maybe, but man does it come together so beautifully. It's one of the few games that has a truly obvious generation leap.

JoeNut

Arkham Knight is around 25 hours all total. Witcher is 100+. I enjoyed Arkham Knight more than the 50 hours of Witcher I played, but if you're trying to get a game that'll last you for a good while I think Witcher is your best option.

Hmm thanks, 25 hours isn't bad by any means, im thinking the witcher willl probably last me until fallout

Witcher 3 is way better in my opinion.

Top Bottom