• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman: Arkham Knight |OT| Protect Gotham Racing

Yup, happened to me. Ultimately didn't break anything, but that's probably the most substantial bug I encountered.

I know you can talk to him at varoius points of the story for a cutscene so at most we missed 2 cutscenes, at least one. I had a nother glitch where I picked up a riddler trophy it didnt save and I glided off the island I was on, the one with the statue and I glided through the game world floor and then just fell endlessly

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
There's a couple skins but no story DLC or anything worthwhile.
Not trying to be a dick but I think this is inaccurate. The new 52 skins were given to everyone, and I don't think the Season Pass gives you anything at this point.

Care to be more specific?

Tecnniqe

Banned
Guys question, I'm at 89% story completion and 70% overall, should I press on and complete every sidequest before finishing the main quest? I'm not really sure how these multiple endings are supposed to work, if i beat it now would I be able to get the 'best' ending after completing everything? Or would I have to start the whole thing over again.

I beat the main story before completing all the side objectives (because you need all the gadgets mainly the riddler ones) and still got the "true" ending once i finished it all up and activated the
Knightfall Protocol

You can always back up the save just in case.

Zakalwe

Banned
Another Batmobile tip for APC events or challenge modes that require you to run cars off the road.

The side dodge can be used to instantly take out a vehicle. Doesn't work on the main APC, but the support cars will be one shot if you get along side them and dodge into them.

Golgo 13

Season Pass get you the Flashpoint Skin I believe.
Confirmed, although some people seem to have trouble redeeming/finding it. Weird, doing a Google search initially for what, if anything, was available immediately upon purchase of the pass got me nothing, but searching for the Flashpoint skin revealed it to be a Season Pass exclusive. Weird. Poor Googling skills on my part, also confirmed.

Another Batmobile tip for APC events or challenge modes that require you to run cars off the road.

The side dodge can be used to instantly take out a vehicle. Doesn't work on the main APC, but the support cars will be one shot if you get along side them and dodge into them.
I've found that to not always work unless it was already damaged or I check them into a wall.

What usually does one-shot though is boosting into them if they get in front of me. Seems to work on everything weaker than cobra drones.

Zakalwe

Banned
I've found that to not always work unless it was already damaged or I check them into a wall.

What usually does one-shot though is boosting into them if they get in front of me. Seems to work on everything weaker than cobra drones.

Seems to work every time for me, unless I've just been lucky.

Ramming into them from behind doesn't work consistently for me. There's an upgrade that lets you plough through drones if you reach a high enough speed though.

Naar

Ok I think i am stuck :x

I beat the game and trying to 100% it now with riddler trophies and i got to a trophy that i need to upgrade my disruptor for but i already beat everything, including challenges and have no way of getting extra exp.

im also at 80% of the riddler trophies and no way will i get 2 extra exp points to upgrade

What do i do? Im gonna guess someone will say new game + but i was hoping i could do that AFTER i 100% my first playthrough or am i doing it wrong?

VanWinkle

I love the side content in this game, and the whole mission wheel in general. The percentages done in each mission shown is really awesome.

witness

Does the suit take damage at certain story points? I'm at 24% through the main story and just had a encounter that I thought would have assuredly damaged the suit physically, but to my surprise it didn't. Also, if there is suit damage, do the other skins show the damage?

Trouble

Banned
Man there have been a few segments so far that I have sucked at (
Pyg
tunnel digger battle
) and the load times are not super awesome. Hasn't been a real issue because I've died maybe 3 times outside of those encounters. I can't imagine playing this on hard difficulty, though. I would quickly lose patience with the load times.

Tecnniqe

Banned
Man there have been a few segments so far that I have sucked at (
Pyg
tunnel digger battle
) and the load times are not super awesome. Hasn't been a real issue because I've died maybe 3 times outside of those encounters. I can't imagine playing this on hard difficulty, though. I would quickly lose patience with the load times.

Oh god the
tunnel part
was infuriating. Watching the same damn "Ahaha you died batman" cutscene over and over and over made me go slightly insane when i played that. Did it on hard after doing a few test runs.
Does the suit take damage at certain story points? I'm at 24% through the main story and just had a encounter that I thought would have assuredly damaged the suit physically, but to my surprise it didn't. Also, if there is suit damage, do the other skins show the damage?
It does take damage like the cape gets full of holes and stuff, but i heard talk about a bug stopping that from happening if you switched costumes so im not sure. I switched a lot and by the end my batman looked like he had been in a nuclear war and returned from the dead.

hbkdx12

It does take damage like the cape gets full of holes and stuff, but i heard talk about a bug stopping that from happening if you switched costumes so im not sure. I switched a lot and by the end my batman looked like he had been in a nuclear war and returned from the dead.

I may need to switch back to check it out. Been rocking the new 52 skin cuz of the iconic gray suit and yellow utility belt. I find it to be the best skin

Ok I think i am stuck :x

I beat the game and trying to 100% it now with riddler trophies and i got to a trophy that i need to upgrade my disruptor for but i already beat everything, including challenges and have no way of getting extra exp.

im also at 80% of the riddler trophies and no way will i get 2 extra exp points to upgrade

What do i do? Im gonna guess someone will say new game + but i was hoping i could do that AFTER i 100% my first playthrough or am i doing it wrong?
You can still score waynetech points by doing AR challenges, or by beating thugs and gaining enough exp to level up but that takes longer.

Edit: I see you did those too. Which trophy is this? I don't remember needing a specific disruptor upgrade for one.

Tecnniqe

Banned
I may need to switch back to check it out. Been rocking the new 52 skin cuz of the iconic gray suit and yellow utility belt. I find it to be the best skin

Yeah i used the V8.04 i think it was? Or .03 its one of the story related suits you get. Maybe only those take visual damage.

viveks86

Is there a point in the game when the side content opens up? I've done 10 percent completion so far and after the first fireman rescue and murder investigation, nothing has popped up even when I use the mission wheel. Only the main mission and some AR challenges show up on my map.

MrS

Banned
Completed it last night and finished everything apart from the Riddler trophies. Best thing about the game was the main story, which I thought was brilliant and didn't expect from a Batman game, and the voice acting of John Noble and M
ark Hamill
. Those guys absolutely killed it. Some of the best VA I've heard in any game. Most Wanted missions were pretty meh. Batmobile was fun but maybe should have been used less.

Golgo 13

Is there a point in the game when the side content opens up? I've done 10 percent completion so far and after the first fireman rescue and murder investigation, nothing has popped up even when I use the mission wheel. Only the main mission and some AR challenges show up on my map.

It gradually opens up as you progress the main story. I'm at %50 story completion and I've opened up all but 2 slots for the side missions.

hbkdx12

Side content can generally be found on your own by navigating the world and keeping an ear/eye out about the clues surrounding each side mission (thugs talking about beating up a fireman, hearing opera music)

Otherwise, as you advance the story, the game will forcibly give you intel that will direct you a certain spot or general area where you can find the thing that allows you to advance that particular sidequest

Naar

You can still score waynetech points by doing AR challenges, or by beating thugs and gaining enough exp to level up but that takes longer.

Edit: I see you did those too. Which trophy is this? I don't remember needing a specific disruptor upgrade for one.

its the one in panessa studios, where johnny charisma was. there are some mines in a nearby room and when i aim with the disruptor at the mine to disbale them batman says "i need the upgrade to do that"

the only exp i seem to get now is very little from the riddler trophies im getting. i have roughly 70 left and i 100% it so dont feel like starting over :\

I've only discovered about 40% of the fire crew, and have found that the bomb battles are getting pretty intense at the same point.

I'm not sure if I want to take the time to scour the city for them. I'm not a guide person.

ZeroX03

Banned
I've only discovered about 40% of the fire crew, and have found that the bomb battles are getting pretty intense at the same point.

I'm not sure if I want to take the time to scour the city for them. I'm not a guide person.

Take out drones in the sky for intel for some sidequests. Go up high and use detective vision and you can see and check concentrated groups from very far away. The sidequest wheel will also tell you how many left in each island. Game gives you all the tools to find everything.

Sober

I think it's bugged for some people. The cutscenes are all in-game which make it even more hilarious cause I started noticing more of the damage later on in the game but when it gave you control back even if you were on Battle-Damaged-Batman suit it is pristine soon after. The only other time I can see the damage is in the trophy showcase.

Is there a way to switch between the original Batmobile and the Mk2?

Hopeford

Question, I hear this game has multiple endings...do I need to replay the entire game to get all endings, or is it one of these games that saves before the point of no return or something like that? Just wondering if I should finish all sidequests before the main plot or what.

Tecnniqe

Banned
I think it's bugged for some people. The cutscenes are all in-game which make it even more hilarious cause I started noticing more of the damage later on in the game but when it gave you control back even if you were on Battle-Damaged-Batman suit it is pristine soon after. The only other time I can see the damage is in the trophy showcase.

Is there a way to switch between the original Batmobile and the Mk2?

Well there are pristine version of some of the suits so idk. Probably just a bug.
Yeah there is under the batmobile tab once you unlock it. Its said to unlock by collecting the riddler trophies in Arkham HQ
where you take the car down with the giant fans spinning around
Question, I hear this game has multiple endings...do I need to replay the entire game to get all endings, or is it one of these games that saves before the point of no return or something like that? Just wondering if I should finish all sidequests before the main plot or what.

This should give you the answer http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=170304287&postcount=6711

Blader

So I knocked through all the watchtowers, and the mission progress is at 80%, but it now has that closed off symbol and all of the islands say 3/3 (or whatever done) -- does the game add more later? Or a new location open up with watchtowers?

Sober

Well there are pristine version of some of the suits so idk. Probably just a bug.
Yeah there is under the batmobile tab once you unlock it. Its said to unlock by collecting the riddler trophies in Arkham HQ
where you take the car down with the giant fans spinning around

This should give you the answer http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=170304287&postcount=6711
Was afraid the second tab for the batmobile was there for DLC even if you didn't own it. Good to hear. Guess I know where I'll be going next to collect trophies. That's all I have left to do now.

Tecnniqe

Banned
So I knocked through all the watchtowers, and the mission progress is at 80%, but it now has that closed off symbol and all of the islands say 3/3 (or whatever done) -- does the game add more later? Or a new location open up with watchtowers?

If it got the red symbol (circle with line) and say 3/3 and 4/4 its because you finished everything this far. As you progress the main story more towers and stuff gets put in and deployed.

Alienous

I believe so. After a certain story point, once you complete the towers, bombs and roadblocks you have a final mission to complete that quest-line, if I remember correctly.

Tecnniqe

Banned
Was afraid the second tab for the batmobile was there for DLC even if you didn't own it. Good to hear. Guess I know where I'll be going next to collect trophies. That's all I have left to do now.

There are 3 versions of the Batmobile. Not sure how far you are but there are the Default, the MKII (white) and the
Joker one
which can only be used
during the joker craze

DONT click the spoiler unless you more or less finished the story, as it might be considered a big spoiler i guess.

To piggy back on this question as well. Do the endings "stack"? Like if you have everything completed do you get to see all outcomes?

Im asking because Ive heard that you can get the "bad" ending but them complete sidequests for the "true" ending. Please, no spoilers!

Guys, I need help.

I started playing on Hard, but I'm dying a lot. I'm about 30% through the game and it just feels like enemies and drones are killing me way too fast. I switch it down to Normal but then get anxiety that I'm not getting the real experience or whatever and that it's too easy.

I don't think there's a trophy or really any benefit to beating the game on Hard, right? RIGHT?!

So about the Riddler Challenges,
I have to solve all 243 riddles to fight the Riddler Mech lol?

Not that bad considering how many were in Arkham City. Just pull up a guide and go to town. Some are pretty neat and the actual riddle riddles are interesting little puzzles.

Tecnniqe

Banned
Guys, I need help.

I started playing on Hard, but I'm dying a lot. I'm about 30% through the game and it just feels like enemies and drones are killing me way too fast. I switch it down to Normal but then get anxiety that I'm not getting the real experience or whatever and that it's too easy.

I don't think there's a trophy or really any benefit to beating the game on Hard, right? RIGHT?!

No there are only achievement for completing the game and completing it on NG+. No difficulty one as far as i noticed. But then again i did it on Hard.

Top Bottom