• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman: Arkham Knight |OT| Protect Gotham Racing

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
I find it funny that people are complaining about the Harley Quinn DLC being too short.

It was FREE. What did you fucking expect?

Hagi

So is there a trick to heir of the knight? I have seen exactly zero burning bat symbols after the start of the side quest and I just finished the main story. Need to finish up 4 more most wanted quests to get a decent ending.

I find it funny that people are complaining about the Harley Quinn DLC being too short.

It was FREE. What did you fucking expect?

sonething not shit? Complete waste of a download.

Aim for the lights and the turrets, you can one shot them. Also use EMP and hack other drones to fight with you.

The are in the AR challenges, scroll all the way to the right.

I usually do good in the tank battles, and I aim for the lights. The problem is this area I think. You are completely surrounded with hardly anywhere to get out of the way, and are constantly under missile lock. And they keep spawning missile tanks behind you. It's really hard charging up my secondary weapon, let alone my EMP. But I can manage to use my missiles several times, but they just keep spawning tanks and flying drones. ARGH.

Blader

So is there a trick to heir of the knight? I have seen exactly zero burning bat symbols after the start of the side quest and I just finished the main story. Need to finish up 4 more most wanted quests to get a decent ending.

You just fly around looking for them, though honestly I didn't think there very visible unless you were flying really low over the roofs.

Fly around looking for burning symbols. Did you not get any intel on where to go? I only had to fly around and look for one, the rest were told to me.

Hagi

Fly around looking for burning symbols. Did you not get any intel on where to go? I only had to fly around and look for one, the rest were told to me.

Nah I haven't seen a single one and nobody has gave me any Intel apart from night wing for the penguin stuff. Guess I'll have to keep flying.

Future

Yeah eventually Alfred just tells you where to look. You can see them in detective mode as well.... That's how I found everything really. Groups of enemies in a circle, 1 lone person, burning bat symbol... All can be seen from REALLY far away in detective mode. The draw distance in this game is extremely impressive

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
comic-batman.jpg

Batmobile just can't catch a break in videogames...

Nah I haven't seen a single one and nobody has gave me any Intel apart from night wing for the penguin stuff. Guess I'll have to keep flying.

Try clearing out drones so that police choppers can patrol. They'll point out stuff like that, and it'll then show up on your map when you hear them radio it in.

Tecnniqe

Banned
So having 100% this game on hard
and
gotten all the endings (i assume since ive collected everything and seen the "true" bat ending)
is there anything new in new game +? Like new skins or something? And does that overwrite my already 100% progress game?

I usually do good in the tank battles, and I aim for the lights. The problem is this area I think. You are completely surrounded with hardly anywhere to get out of the way, and are constantly under missile lock. And they keep spawning missile tanks behind you. It's really hard charging up my secondary weapon, let alone my EMP. But I can manage to use my missiles several times, but they just keep spawning tanks and flying drones. ARGH.

Don't waste the charge on missles. Hack one of the missile tanks or more of an armored tank. That will take some of the pressure off you.

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.

sonething not shit? Complete waste of a download.

It was just fine for something that was free.

It was something substantial, it wouldnt be free.

Zakalwe

Banned
Can't stop playing Slumdog Millionaire. Just scored 62930, held my combo the entire run (no hits taken).

Now trying for perfect shot run too, all turret kills with as many vulcan kills on the Rattler weak spots.

Why do I do this to myself? :s

Currently sitting on 50 Rival Points, how about the rest of you?

EDIT: Make that 61.

anyone else had a glitch with
Jack Ryder at GCPD, he disappeared to start his questline but the recorder wouldn't play but still initiated his mission, I completed his mission and continued with the story and he is now back on the Altar with Deacon even though Deacon is in the DCPD cell.

MilesTeg

Banned
Whats the deal with the playstation exclusive Scarecrow missions? I have it downloaded and installed but it doesn't show under "episodes". Where is it?

Skilletor

Pretty sure this game hasn't been able to connect to PSN since I got it. I am connected to PSN, but the game says I'm not. Is this a known issue? I've tried turning off the console, thinking it was tied to rest mode, but still no luck.

Neiteio

Weren't there supposed to be four challenge maps with Harley? I don't see them anywhere. In fact, I don't see Challenge Mode, in general.

Alienous

Weren't there supposed to be four challenge maps with Harley? I don't see them anywhere. In fact, I don't see Challenge Mode, in general.

It seems like her story pack was going to be described as such. It really is just 4 challenge maps, connected by crawling through vents.

I guess at some point they decided that the vent crawling and cutscenes made it a 'story pack' instead.

Neiteio

It seems like her story pack was going to be described as such. It really is just 4 challenge maps, connected by crawling through vents.

I guess at some point they decided that the vent crawling and cutscenes made it a 'story pack' instead.
Ah, I wish they had just stuck to challenge maps, to be honest. Those are much easier to replay. And I can't see shit in the Harley DLC. Everything is so dark, which is actually my main critique of it.

I'm looking at the Season Pass, and I see there are challenge maps. Maybe we can play as Harley in them. It would be nice to play as Joker, as well. He was fun in Arkham Asylum.

Zakalwe

Banned
Seriously what the fuck?! I spent two hours last night trying to disarm the second to last bomb with the Batmobile(Founders I think) but I kept getting raped by a thousand missile tanks and flying drones. There are SO MANY and everyone of them has a fucking missile lock on me. Just when I though I finally was gonna beat it several times, here comes another wave! And its in an underground area so my manueverability is limited. I finally gave up and went to bed. Gameplay design like that frustrates me to no end. My batmobile weapons are almost all fully upgraded except for the extra damage. Guess I will come back after full upgrade.

Also I recorded a clip where Batman must have died and was descending to hell as he abstractly kept falling below the game world. I was afraid I'd have to restart the game, because everytime it reloaded, he would start falling again. It was really surreal..

The trick with these encounters is to not panic, take your time.

Try not to overuse the vulcan, I only use it for locked on missiles and flying drones. Aim for turrets and try your best to one shot rattlers, and two shot the diamond backs.

Dodging is the most important thing, dodge first and wait till you're in the clear to shoot. If you miss, back off and try a new target, don't get frustrated trying to hit the same one over and over.

Even if you're surrounded by tonnes of enemies, only a limited amount will fire at once, and there's always room to dodge.

Don't wait for your secondary to charge fully all the time, if you need the missiles use them, even one at a time if you're in a bind.

Use level one emp constantly if you need to take pressure off.

I don't use hack that often, I find the other two much more useful.

If you've unlocked Slumdog Millionaire challenge, it's a very good place to train as it throws all enemies types at you in a small space.

Tecnniqe

Banned
You can still do any side mission if you find the location, so you have to either fly around to find it or check a guide.

Yeah this is true, when they show up with distance is because you spotted them and the game adds them to known locations for that objective. More or less how the riddler stuff works, you don't need to have them visible on a map to find them but if you take down one of the green highlighted people they will show up on the map.

riddle

i can't find catwomas collar,its not at the place the youtube videos show
Go in the last door where you got the last key (from the entrance 2nd door left side looking down on the pads), face the glass cage in the room and turn right, next to a light on the ground (or something like that) there is a small collar

idonteven

Yeah this is true, when they show up with distance is because you spotted them and the game adds them to known locations for that objective. More or less how the riddler stuff works, you don't need to have them visible on a map to find them but if you take down one of the green highlighted people they will show up on the map.

Go in the last door where you got the last key (from the entrance 2nd door left side looking down on the pads), face the glass cage in the room and turn right, next to a light on the ground (or something like that) there is a small collar

oh god i only checked left and not right ! i got it thanks

Has anyone done the New game + trophy/achieve? What difficulty does it have to be on?
be sure to upgrade everything before you start it ! makes it a lot easier

Tecnniqe

Banned
There's a couple skins but no story DLC or anything worthwhile.

It's automatically on the hardest difficulty and cannot be changed.

oh god i only checked left and not right ! i got it thanks

be sure to upgrade everything before you start it ! makes it a lot easier
No problemo :)

So if i completed it on Hard already, NG+ is just the same? Or is it Hard+?
And do all the riddles reset and no new cosmetic unlocks?

I think it's hard plus.

All bronze trophies for this game is sad :(
Surprise there's no hard mode achievement either

It's Knightmare difficulty. Though it's really not that hard. Just have to play more conservative in combat and dodge more than usual.

Unless someone is really bad at the combat, and sucks at the stealth and tank sections, then it will be hard because you take big amounts of damage.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
anyone else had a glitch with
Jack Ryder at GCPD, he disappeared to start his questline but the recorder wouldn't play but still initiated his mission, I completed his mission and continued with the story and he is now back on the Altar with Deacon even though Deacon is in the DCPD cell.
Yup, happened to me. Ultimately didn't break anything, but that's probably the most substantial bug I encountered.

Rnr1224

So it looks like I'm about 70% through the main story and I'm wondering if I can beat it the main story and then continue playing to get all of the rest of the other side stuff.

Tecnniqe

Banned
So it looks like I'm about 70% through the main story and I'm wondering if I can beat it the main story and then continue playing to get all of the rest of the other side stuff.

You can continue after the main story to collect everything yes, even after doing the
Knightfall ending
you can keep playing in the 100% world.
Do you need full points on AR missions to 100% the game?
No, i did a few and got 100%. Only thing that counts towards 100% is in the quest wheel.

Guys question, I'm at 89% story completion and 70% overall, should I press on and complete every sidequest before finishing the main quest? I'm not really sure how these multiple endings are supposed to work, if i beat it now would I be able to get the 'best' ending after completing everything? Or would I have to start the whole thing over again.

Top Bottom