• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman: Arkham Knight |OT| Protect Gotham Racing

SJRB

Gold Member
Man, no ambient music after finishing the main story is KILLING me, I'm partial to just starting a new game and just powerhouse through about 30% of the story where most of the sidestuff is unlocked to use that as my random "play around as the goddamn Batman" file.

The ambient music was SO GOOD, why the hell would they disable that? Same thing happened in Arkham City, is this just a design oversight?

Man, no ambient music after finishing the main story is KILLING me, I'm partial to just starting a new game and just powerhouse through about 30% of the story where most of the sidestuff is unlocked to use that as my random "play around as the goddamn Batman" file.

The ambient music was SO GOOD, why the hell would they disable that? Same thing happened in Arkham City, is this just a design oversight?

They should've allowed options for various Batman themes post-game.

Neiteio

I couldn't put my finger on what was different, flying around Gotham after the main story, but that's it, isn't it?

I think it's because the threat is gone or something.

weevles

I just started but already hating the Batmobile parts. Car is slippery as shit and a pain for me to play. Should I just give up and sell the game now? :p

Kaizer

Banned
Not that bad considering how many were in Arkham City. Just pull up a guide and go to town. Some are pretty neat and the actual riddle riddles are interesting little puzzles.

Will do, in the previous Arkham games, I sorta just did the Riddler Challenges that would come up during the main campaign and wouldn't worry about any others, but I think I'll give it a go this time around.

Neiteio

I just started but already hating the Batmobile parts. Car is slippery as shit and a pain for me to play. Should I just give up and sell the game now? :p
Stick with it. I felt the same way at first. Now I freaking love the Batmobile.

Later on they teach you how to strafe in tank mode, by tapping X twice and a direction. You can dash in any direction this way.

And you'll get better at driving in car mode. :)

Hagi

Try clearing out drones so that police choppers can patrol. They'll point out stuff like that, and it'll then show up on your map when you hear them radio it in.

Oh that sounds cool I'll try that when I get home. There's no way I'm leaving the ending the way it is, this might be the first game I ever 100%.

Thanks for the help, this threads been pretty awesome.

viveks86

It gradually opens up as you progress the main story. I'm at %50 story completion and I've opened up all but 2 slots for the side missions.

Side content can generally be found on your own by navigating the world and keeping an ear/eye out about the clues surrounding each side mission (thugs talking about beating up a fireman, hearing opera music)

Otherwise, as you advance the story, the game will forcibly give you intel that will direct you a certain spot or general area where you can find the thing that allows you to advance that particular sidequest

Thanks guys! Will wait for the main story to ease up a little before i free roam. My loved ones need me right now :D

There are 3 versions of the Batmobile. Not sure how far you are but there are the Default, the MKII (white) and the
Joker one
which can only be used
during the joker craze

DONT click the spoiler unless you more or less finished the story, as it might be considered a big spoiler i guess.

The last two are awesome. Definitely better than the first. I like the accents on the MKII.

The missions where you chase and destroy the armored vans are some of the most fun parts of the whole game. It's just pure arcade action like Burnout and Flatout, I destroy so much crap in those sections lol.

mmitt

If that's the case, it just seems weird the game would leave it at 96/97 o_O

have you confronted the police officer in the GCPD with the green glow? that one was missing for me too, didn't know you could interogate him. after that you have to exit for the board to update

Tecnniqe

Banned
If that's the case, it just seems weird the game would leave it at 96/97 o_O

D4501D842792DEC8A168A81D96D6F94511F638E7
How mine was when 100% when i could do the
Knightfall
ending

AHA-Lambda

have you confronted the police officer in the GCPD with the green glow? that one was missing for me too, didn't know you could interogate him. after that you have to exit for the board to update

I was wondering what that was all about! Thanks :)

weevles

Stick with it. I felt the same way at first. Now I freaking love the Batmobile.

Later on they teach you how to strafe in tank mode, by tapping X twice and a direction. You can dash in any direction this way.

And you'll get better at driving in car mode. :)

Thanks! Appreciate the vote of confidence. Tank mode is ok, but car mode (at least for my current experience) is horrible.

Fjordson

Some of the jump scares in this game. What the fuck Rocksteady. Tryna give me a heart attack.

Anyways, having a lot more fun now that the side quests are opening up. They don't give you much of any in the first area, but it's pouring in on the second island

SJRB

Gold Member
Thanks! Appreciate the vote of confidence. Tank mode is ok, but car mode (at least for my current experience) is horrible.

Did you change the default control scheme? It defaults to some daft setup but can be changed so L2 is brake, and battle mode is a toggle via R1.

Made controlling the Batmobile infinitely better.

I love how in my language (French) they got all the Batman The Animated Series voice actors to do the acting.

However
Tim Drake is dubbed by the same VA as JD from Scrubs
I just can't take him seriously

Major spoilers :
Well, until he learned of Barbara's death.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Batmobile skin spoiler
Is the Mk. II skin unlockable? It's my favorite but I want to check out the other skins without losing it.

Caode

Right, 100%. Fuck the Riddler.

Anyway, I enjoyed it overall, flawed in parts but a solid third entry from Rocksteady.

Now, someone at WB get me a Justice League game.

'New Game +' time.

weevles

Did you change the default control scheme? It defaults to some daft setup but can be changed so L2 is brake, and battle mode is a toggle via R1.

Made controlling the Batmobile infinitely better.

Yeah the default setup is not intuitive, but it's more of the way the vehicle handles than the control scheme for me.

jediyoshi

Yeah the default setup is not intuitive, but it's more of the way the vehicle handles than the control scheme for me.

It's unintuitive by virtue of the fact you shouldn't be driving it like a regular video game car. Easing the throttle halts your car for any turn at full/turbo speed in the city's streets and for anything tricky in riddler courses, tank mode strafing/boosting is infinitely more useful.

SkylineRKR

I like the Batmobile, though its overused. You can drive through a lot of stuff without penalty. Most things don't require that much driving skill.

Also, put on Toggle in options. Without it I doubt if I could survive some shootouts.

It's unintuitive by virtue of the fact you shouldn't be driving it like a regular video game car. Easing the throttle halts your car for any turn at full/turbo speed in the city's streets and for anything tricky in riddler courses, tank mode strafing/boosting is infinitely more useful.

Even after playing for hours, I still sometimes hit the wrong button when wanting to go in reverse or full-on brake. That said, having the tank mode be "hold" rather than "toggle" is way more intuitive for me, especially for cobra drone fights, particularly a certain late game one when you need to get a hit in, then floor it.

It's easier for me to quickly switch between the two modes in general too, especially if I need to turn around really quickly.

Even after playing for hours, I still sometimes hit the wrong button when wanting to go in reverse or full-on brake. That said, having the tank mode be "hold" rather than "toggle" is way more intuitive for me, especially for cobra drone fights, particularly a certain late game one when you need to get a hit in, then floor it.

It's easier for me to quickly switch between the two modes in general too, especially if I need to turn around really quickly.

Agreed. I left it on default. Just took a bit to adjust having the brake as square. Now it's no problem.

JustinBB7

Question about the ending, I finished all side quests besides riddler trophies (which I'm gonna do next) but I can
iniate the Knightfall protocol already, if I activate that, can I still do riddler trophies for the full ending after? Or should I do riddler trophies first before I do that?

Such a letdown. I was hoping for something similar to
Origins but no.. a fucking tank battle.

Just did this too, what a let down.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Question about the ending, I finished all side quests besides riddler trophies (which I'm gonna do next) but I can
iniate the Knightfall protocol already, if I activate that, can I still do riddler trophies for the full ending after? Or should I do riddler trophies first before I do that?

Just did this too, what a let down.

You can still do the riddler trophies for the full ending after.

Top Bottom