• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman: Arkham Knight |OT| Protect Gotham Racing

Caode

Question about the ending, I finished all side quests besides riddler trophies (which I'm gonna do next) but I can
iniate the Knightfall protocol already, if I activate that, can I still do riddler trophies for the full ending after? Or should I do riddler trophies first before I do that?

Just did this too, what a let down.

You can
still go and get all the trophies after the initial Knightfall protocol ending. It's entirely up to yourself. I activated it as soon as I could, then went and got all the riddler trophies for 100% after.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
So for this other ending do I have to get all the Riddler trophies before completing the main story? Also does it unlock anything which can be playable or should I just complete now and watch the ending on YouTube?

Cindro

I just found out from this thread that you can take out ariel drones - how do you do that? I'm not talking about the ones attached to the watchtower missions, just the ones chilling in the air. I feel like I tried grappling onto one a couple days ago and wasn't able to, but maybe I'm mistaken.

Apathy

BTW, just wondering, is the PS4 OS sluggish to anyone else while playing AK? Not sure if it's a consequence of the game or me putting it in rest mode with the game running or just it taking up a lot of resources.

I just found out from this thread that you can take out ariel drones - how do you do that? I'm not talking about the ones attached to the watchtower missions, just the ones chilling in the air. I feel like I tried grappling onto one a couple days ago and wasn't able to, but maybe I'm mistaken.

I shoot them down with the batmobile's cannon

Dominator

Side mission wheel question.

Have an empty slot to the right of the main story, when does that unlock? I'm 80% done with the story.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned

Fly directly above and a button prompt with X or square will show also an unlock for the Disruptor works.

Rean

You just have to glide on top of them and press X or A

You'll learn to hate it. It's good fun at first, but late-game ain't nobody like "Another tank battle? YES!"

Eh, I just finished everything in the game except Riddler challenges and the batmobile combat was fun throughout. Precision shots killing most stuff in 1 hit plus Drone Hack, EMP and double-dodge made easy work of most encounters.

The
Deathstroke
fight just sucked though. Especially after Origins.

Shig

Strap on your hooker ...
You can't grapple them. You just fly in close above them and a button prompt comes up, you'll spray some explosive gel on 'em, glide away, then land somewhere and detonate.

I LITERALLY almost pissed on myself
after seeing the man bat and the creature of the night side mission begins. I haven't been jumped scared like that since RE: Code Veronica! :'(

Cindro

Awesome - thanks for the help everyone. Not only do I need some Heir to the Cowl location intel, but the bright red sentry lights are really souring the beauty of the Gotham's aesthetic.

Tonight I reclaim the sky!

Elginer

You'll learn to hate it. It's good fun at first, but late-game ain't nobody like "Another tank battle? YES!"

My thoughts exactly. Fuck that car and Rocksteady's insistent desire to shoehorn it into everything. You know, a car isn't Spiderman Rocksteady.

Getting real tired of that and the tanks again and again.

Flying is the superior fantasy, and it was accomplished several games ago.
But he doesn't fly, he glides. Like a squirrel.

Anyway, tanks are whatever but sometimes predator sequences get old really fast too, so it's not new for the series. Racing is great.

Caode

after seeing the man bat and the creature of the night side mission begins. I haven't been jumped scared like that since RE: Code Veronica! :'(

There there, it's alright, we've all been caught by it. Nearly fell off my chair.

foxtrot3d

Banned
There there, it's alright, we've all been caught by it. Nearly fell off my chair.

Not me which is funny. I'm the biggest scarety cat pussy around but none of those jump scares got me. That was until I started NG+ and forgot how that mission starts, I didn't gets cared but I did jump up a bit for the first time and was like "oohh yeaa."

ShutterMunster

I finished the main quest yesterday, loved it. I still have to get the PROPER ending, but man did the story really pick up steam after the ACE Chemicals section. The Bat-Tank stuff was excessive towards the end, I'm not sure if Rocksteady overestimated how fun people would find the vehicle stuff or if they pushed it heavy because it was their new trick, but it didn't kill the game for me.

I'm really going to miss these Arkham games, because it's the only way I get my Animated Series fix. https://medium.com/@RomanMF/rise-of-the-knight-d0d7c383d1f4

Bless your heart Rocksteady, you've guys have done a damn good job.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
I love how this is the the fifth or sixth post I've seen where I didn't even need to read the spoiler tags to know exactly what it was referring to.

Regginator

Wow um....that
Deathstroke
fight couldn't have been more dissapointing if it tried.

That was so fucking disappointing. Especially since I didn't know he was in there, so I was so surprised and happy, and that feeling very quickly turned to disbelieve and disgust.

2415044-9773999540-happy.gif

Loved the game, but I'm really bummed about (endgame spoilers)
my game glitching out when I try to initiate Knightfall. I'm able to select it from my mission wheel, but I get no waypoint marker. I only have the bombs and the Riddler missions left, but it says I can initiate it, so I don't know what to do.

I took a lot of time driving around finding the last of the checkpoints, so I'm a bit spent on just moving about the city. I think I'll just look up the ending online because I've had my fill of the game. I'm a little bummed I'm leaving the game on a sour note, but I'm not having fun anymore.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
my game glitching out when I try to initiate Knightfall. I'm able to select it from my mission wheel, but I get no waypoint marker. I only have the bombs and the Riddler missions left, but it says I can initiate it, so I don't know what to do.

I took a lot of time driving around finding the last of the checkpoints, so I'm a bit spent on just moving about the city. I think I'll just look up the ending online because I've had my fill of the game. I'm a little bummed I'm leaving the game on a sour note, but I'm not having fun anymore.
You don't select it. On PS4 you have to press square to activate it while on the mission menu.

Regginator

Go to the
Bat signal on top of the GCPD
and see if you can interact with it. It's worth a go.

Zakalwe

Banned

Untrue. I loved it all the way to the end, tank battles are just as fun as combat and stealth. Brilliant design, and perfectly paced during the game.

Loved the two boss battles too, and the Cobra stealth sections. Racing around the city is just as fun as gliding.

The only Batmobile part I wasn't keen on was the Road Rage AR challenge. The rest is superb.

-

And that ending... well, the
first part of the ending
anyway. Everything from the moment
Batman has his identity revealed
to
Scarecrow being taken in by Cash
was great, it was
like an interactive ending cinematic
. The
first person joker sequence
felt really great to control, now I'm wondering how Rocksteady would
handle an fps...

The way the
game continues after it "ends"
is the most
seamless transition to post ending free roam
I've ever seen. The fact you need to
finish up to see the proper ending
is great incentive, and the
audio changes and different cinematics for arresting villains
makes it feel like a proper part of the game instead of a tacked on bonus.

I was thinking TW3 would be my GOTY easily, but I'm having a hard time deciding (not finished that yet, so we'll see).

For now, this is easily the best game in the series by a massive margin.

Just amazing.

If you initiate the _____ ending before collecting the Riddler trophies, can you still play on that playthrough and get the rest of the Riddler trophies?

Even after playing for hours, I still sometimes hit the wrong button when wanting to go in reverse or full-on brake. That said, having the tank mode be "hold" rather than "toggle" is way more intuitive for me, especially for cobra drone fights, particularly a certain late game one when you need to get a hit in, then floor it.

It's easier for me to quickly switch between the two modes in general too, especially if I need to turn around really quickly.

I understand why the left trigger instigates battle mode, but even 20+ hours in, I was still hitting it instead of the brake button. I'm so used to using the triggers for driving and reversing/braking.

Akai__

Is there a challenge map where you can take out a Brute with an enviromental takedown? I don't think I can do that in the open world with 100% completition anymore.

Truant

Questions (still waiting for the PC version to get fixed)

1) Is the identity of the Arkham Knight a secret? I haven't paid any attention to the pre-release media or spoilers.

2) Do you get to use his suit?

3) Are the actual non-vehicle missions good? The driving and tank stuff seems boring, but I feel the Arkham series is at its best when you're doing a blend between exploration, detective stuff and stealth. Preferably with some cool story beats and interesting locations. I guess I just want more of Asylum.

Alienous

I've now 100% the game, I don't get all the hate.

The best analogy I can think of for battle-mode is it being like the turret sequences that appear in most shooters.

After the initial few instances I got it, but cared for it a lot less than the Predator or more designed Freeflow sequences. It's divisive, certainly, but I maintain that I think it would have been a better game without the battle-mode.

Toki767

I love how this is the the fifth or sixth post I've seen where I didn't even need to read the spoiler tags to know exactly what it was referring to.

It was better the second time when
Joker does it to you.

Questions (still waiting for the PC version to get fixed)

1) Is the identity of the Arkham Knight a secret? I haven't paid any attention to the pre-release media or spoilers.

2) Do you get to use his suit?

3) Are the actual non-vehicle missions good? The driving and tank stuff seems boring, but I feel the Arkham series is at its best when you're doing a blend between exploration, detective stuff and stealth. Preferably with some cool story beats and interesting locations. I guess I just want more of Asylum.

1. Yes it's a big secret. You can tell that it's a major spoiler as when you're playing the PS4 version, the big reveal is the only time in the game that video recording is actually blocked.

2. Not that I know of. Maybe there's a skin at some point though?

3. The non-vehicle missions are fine. About more of the same if you've already played the past games though.

Lakitu

st5fu
One of the best and most appreciative things of this game IMO is that the next playthrough I can appreciate it as a linear-story game rather than the open-world. It really feels like the best of both worlds.

RAIDEN1

As it is my birthday tomorrow, I have held off starting this game till then, so hopefully in some ways it'll be a great birthday treat once I start the game good and proper...even though the vehicle sections have been divisive, could you image if they added in the bat-craft, (or whatever it is called, bat-wing?) instead, it could have been like ace_combat, only Batman inspired!!

hlhbk

Man I am 80% into the story and its amazing and for the most part I loved the Batmobile. That being said there is a part I just got done with that was one of the most rage inducing parts of a game ever.
Defending poison ivy when literally an army is thrown at you, and fighting the tanks you need to get behind and then having to fight the arkham knights tank.

I love this series and this game but those sections were the library from Halo levels of rage for me. I hope it doesn't get worse.

Top Bottom