• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman: Arkham Knight |OT| Protect Gotham Racing

Toki767

Man I am 80% into the story and its amazing and for the most part I loved the Batmobile. That being said there is a part I just got done with that was one of the most rage inducing parts of a game ever.
Defending poison ivy when literally an army is thrown at you, and fighting the tanks you need to get behind and then having to fight the arkham knights tank.

I love this series and this game but those sections were the library from Halo levels of rage for me. I hope it doesn't get worse.
lol

Caode

Is there a challenge map where you can take out a Brute with an enviromental takedown? I don't think I can do that in the open world with 100% completition anymore.

There is indeed, brute as in - big guy with a mini-gun? Terminal Velocity is the name of the AR challenge.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Is anyone else finding it to be a pain in the ass to get riddler informants to show up? I have 203/243 and am basically just flying around the city forever just to fine one.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Man I am 80% into the story and its amazing and for the most part I loved the Batmobile. That being said there is a part I just got done with that was one of the most rage inducing parts of a game ever.
Defending poison ivy when literally an army is thrown at you, and fighting the tanks you need to get behind and then having to fight the arkham knights tank.

I love this series and this game but those sections were the library from Halo levels of rage for me. I hope it doesn't get worse.
There's one more big tank battle but that's the last Cobra encounter in the main story.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
Oh my God, fuck the Riddler and his puzzles. Fuck him and his cocky attitude when I lose a race.

God damn, I'm angry, I swear if the next Rocksteady game has something like this, I'm gonna pass it up.

Zakalwe

Banned
Oh my God, fuck the Riddler and his puzzles. Fuck him and his cocky attitude when I lose a race.

God damn, I'm angry, I swear if the next Rocksteady game has something like this, I'm gonna pass it up.

Using first person mode? It's much, much easier, especially when driving on walls/ceilings.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
BTW, just wondering, is the PS4 OS sluggish to anyone else while playing AK? Not sure if it's a consequence of the game or me putting it in rest mode with the game running or just it taking up a lot of resources.

I shoot them down with the batmobile's cannon
Sometimes the Home button doesn't work or is slow, screen capture is slow too
So yes, its very sluggish.

Akai__

There is indeed, brute as in - big guy with a mini-gun? Terminal Velocity is the name of the AR challenge.

Funny enough, that's the challenge I need to unlock and the requirements are taking out a Brute with an enviromental attack. lol :p

---

Also, I can't seem to use 3 different gadgets while gliding. How the heck does that even work in one glide?

Questions (still waiting for the PC version to get fixed)

1) Is the identity of the Arkham Knight a secret? I haven't paid any attention to the pre-release media or spoilers.

2) Do you get to use his suit?

3) Are the actual non-vehicle missions good? The driving and tank stuff seems boring, but I feel the Arkham series is at its best when you're doing a blend between exploration, detective stuff and stealth. Preferably with some cool story beats and interesting locations. I guess I just want more of Asylum.
Yes, no, yes!

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Funny enough, that's the challenge I need to unlock and the requirements are taking out a Brute with an enviromental attack. lol :p
I got that one by complete accident. The prompt wasn't even on screen but Batman did it anyway. Breaking a spotlight with someone's face and holding them while under electrocution is a good non-lethal move LOL

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
how do you interrogate them? i wondered what the green dudes/cars were
You have to leave them alone until the rest of the thugs they're with are knocked out. If you knock out the Green guys then you can't interrogate them. Usually it's a group of 2-5 guys so it's not hard. When he's the last one standing, you'll get a "Press triangle to interrogate" message when you're near them and Batman will just grab them and say some dialog. Protip, if the guy refuses to give up any information, that means he's about to strike you, so watch for the counter graphics to pop up and counter his attack, which will then make Batman slam into the ground and the thug will then give up the Riddler info.

PS4 version updating

3.594GB
Will post picture in a second

edit: bleh, leaderboard fix

xsFjFiS.jpg

Zakalwe

Banned
I had never really fully explored Batman's combat before, I tended to rely on standard attack/counter, and hardly ever used combos.

Now I can pull off everything without thinking, the only one I have trouble with is blade take-down every now and then. For a while I couldn't blade dodge at all, when I realised all you need to do is hold down back and counter I almost cried.

Playing on Hard, and at first I thought the game was incredibly unfair with the amount of special enemies it throws into the mix, but now I have the move set down it feels perfect. I love the EX type versions of your quick gadgets, especially.

I know some of you will be playing how I used to, maybe overwhelmed with the vast amount of options. I absolutely recommend taking the time to lean every move, maybe even going as far as to repeat specific encounters that give you opportunity to practice. The combat takes on a completely different feel once you can access everything on reflex.

Jigolo

Can anyone fill my in, I missed the clip of what Batman said after Gordon asks

Wait, you said there were five infected. I only count four.

What was his response? It's bothering me lol

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
I had never really fully explored Batman's combat before, I tended to rely on standard attack/counter, and hardly ever used combos.

Now I can pull off everything without thinking, the only one I have trouble with is blade take-down every now and then. For a while I couldn't blade dodge at all, when I realised all you need to do is hold down back and counter I almost cried.

Playing on Hard, and at first I thought the game was incredibly unfair with the amount of special enemies it throws into the mix, but now I have the move set down it feels perfect. I love the EX type versions of your quick gadgets, especially.

I know some of you will be playing how I used to, maybe overwhelmed with the vast amount of options. I absolutely recommend taking the time to lean every move, maybe even going as far as to repeat specific encounters that give you opportunity to practice. The combat takes on a completely different feel once you can access everything on reflex.

I still have not adapted to the fact that Batswarm has been removed. Combat is now much more difficult without.

Tweedy

Can anyone fill my in, I missed the clip of what Batman said after Gordon asks

Wait, you said there were five infected. I only count four.

What was his response? It's bothering me lol

its something like "he'll be here soon" IIRC

EDIT: beaten :(

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
Using first person mode? It's much, much easier, especially when driving on walls/ceilings.

Yeah, I was having more difficulty with the gliding races or whatever. But thanks!

I'm just really tired of trying to get these damn trophies.

Spinluck

I just beat the game... Felt kind of underwhelming.

I enjoyed the game, but I'm pretty sure I'm absolutely done with this franchise. So if this isn't really their last one then bleh.

I have pretty bad Batman fatigue from beating the first two for the first time earlier this month.

Caode

It's been smooth sailing so far with Arkham Knight, not a glitch or hiccup in sight... until I fired up the Scarecrow Nightmare pack.. crash city. So buggy.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
BTW, why can't I go into the other Airship (the one that
is kind of destroyed
) to go and get Riddler trophies?
I'm at the point where I'm going to investigate the earthquakes or tremors.
Is it story related? Or am I doing something wrong? Everything's closed down.

I'll ask agian since noone answered me. Do you have to complete every side quest, including the riddler challengers, to get the ending of the game. I want to play this game, but I just want to go through the main story

Spinluck

I'll ask agian since noone answered me. Do you have to complete every side quest, including the riddler challengers, to get the ending of the game. I want to play this game, but I just want to go through the main story

I think you do, but I skipped all that shit because I was tired of trying to dodge spoilers.

I'm YouTubin' that shit. No way in hell I'm doing all that Riddler shit. He can fuck off.

Caode

No - that is just an extra segment beyond the ending of the main story. You can play through the main story just fine. If you want to get that extra ending then you have to 100% the game.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
Is anyone else finding it to be a pain in the ass to get riddler informants to show up? I have 203/243 and am basically just flying around the city forever just to fine one.
Just to be sure, are you sure you have riddles left to find on the islands? Looking at the map you won't immediately see the stuff you have left to do in the big interior areas that have separate maps.

BTW, why can't I go into the other Airship (the one that
is kind of destroyed
) to go and get Riddler trophies?
I'm at the point where I'm going to investigate the earthquakes or tremors.
Is it story related? Or am I doing something wrong? Everything's closed down.
IIRC, yes, it's locked down for the moment. You'll be able to return later.

anyone else having an issue where the Batsuit 8.03 shows battle damage in the Showcase but when you use it in game it's spotless?

also that patch to fix the leaderboards doesn't seem like it did anything...they are still down for me

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
anyone else having an issue where the Batsuit 8.03 shows battle damage in the Showcase but when you use it in game it's spotless?

also that patch to fix the leaderboards doesn't seem like it did anything...they are still down for me
Are you sure you don't have the Pristine variant equipped?

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
Holy fuck are these preparatory AR challenges glitched or something? It seems like half the shit I do doesn't register.

I've performed a 4 thug multi-takedown TWICE in one map and neither triggered a star...sigh

EDIT:somebody just posted ahead of me.

Top Bottom