• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman: Arkham Knight |OT| Protect Gotham Racing

BadHand

Got the game today and I've been trying to download the patch for about 2 hours. Speed isn't a problem, but it just randomly stops downloading and eventually just errors out and delete whatever it has downloaded.

First time was at 92% and now it goes anywhere between 30-50%. Is something up with psn servers?

3.5gb goddammit. Is this patch important? Should I just skip it?

I just downloaded a 3.5G update and the damn leaderboards still don't work?!?!?!?

FUCKING HELL how hard is it for leaderboards to work! It's 2015!

(stupid)question for the ps4 version, i have two of copies of this game.

one got the "play as harley quinn" sticker on the cover, the other copy doesnt have the sticker. i dont want to open the game yet, so are they the same???

Caode

Thanks, this worked :)

Good to hear!

Right, 3 more trophies for the platinum - think I'll just leave the few remaining AR challenges for awhile and do them now and again while I power through new game plus first.

I can't get enough of this game at the minute, need that Batgirl DLC!

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
I swear to god I wish people could understand the struggle of having ADD and doing the times Riddler racing challenges.

It's amazing how I've managed to fuck up Crushonator. It's really not a hard challenge, but always always fucking always do something stupid...

Gotta keep my cool.

sjay1994

Well, I am vengeance and the night

BNXszAd.png

Overall, I feel torn on this game. Freeflow and stealth are still great. Batmobile is fun in the open world, but I despise when you need to use it to drive on walls. The story falls flat in some parts, and is incredible in others. The ending is incredibly flaccid and leaves much to be desired. I didn't mind the tank battles as some do.

I think this is my second favorite in the Arkham series

Asylum is still the best, followed by this, then origins then city.

I am interested to see what Rocksteady does in the future, and I hope I never need to look for riddler trophies again.

Caode

Overall, I feel torn on this game. Freeflow and stealth are still great. Batmobile is fun in the open world, but I despise when you need to use it to drive on walls. The story falls flat in some parts, and is incredible in others. The ending is incredibly flaccid and leaves much to be desired. I didn't mind the tank battles as some do.

I am interested to see what Rocksteady does in the future, and I hope I never need to look for riddler trophies again.

tumblr_m7gfpmQ1eW1qe7e5uo1_400.gif

oh god what the hell did I just do!? 70% story completion spoiler
I just put Robin back in the cell instead of me

this game man wtf

Hit 80% of the main story... my god.

I'm one of those fortunate enough to run the game at mostly 60fps so it really is a visual treat.

But yeah, unless something goes horribly wrong in this last 20%, this is easily one of the best Batman games ever. My only complaint so far is the Batmobile stealth sections - I think they're terrible, though I never spent the points for the Lure so that could be a reason.

I agree but at that point the worst part of the game starts, at leats for me. The good thing is that it ends with a real bang.

Finished it... sort of. Can't do the last bit due to a bug.

The game didn't register nine Riddler activities when I did them so I can'r get 100% there and end that mission to the final bit.

Still a good game all in all. Maybe a patch will fix it eventually.

neoism

So I'm about 50% done and there's one thing that really disappoints me about this game and that's the music. It's great, really great, except that the majority of it is from previous batman games, the newer stuff is mostly ominous tones while not on a mission.

do what i did listen to zimmers score... :p

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
How the hell do you deal with wall mounted watch tower turrets? I can't disrupt, i can't hack, i cna't do anything and i can't blow up the tower until they're destroyed

Ephemeris

That feeling when you realize you can't 100% the game on your stupid no-upgrade run because some of the Riddler trophies require them. : /

The difficulty is about to plummet tho LOL

I still be fucking those tanks up, though it gets real dicey sometimes in really tight spaces.

And by real dicey I mean you gonna die.

Caode

Do you have the upgrade where you can shoot a wall with the cannon causing the tanks to turn around?

Because it makes those challenges super easy.

I'm not too sure that I do, nearly certain I don't. I'm finding hacking one or two is helpful too, they can brush past the other one's then. It's more so the annoying placement of them, that and the fact in some of them you fail it if you're spotted. Those tanks were my most hated part of the main game too.

Loakum

Banned

I think this is my second favorite in the Arkham series

Asylum is still the best, followed by this, then origins then city.

Congrats man in becoming one of the ultra rare 0.1% to earn a Platinum trophy for Batman Arkham Knight!

Just finished main story.

everyone was talking about great last 5 % so I was expecting some awesome combat/stealth scenarios but it was all cinematic stuff. And I'm not even sure what the hell happened. Someone explain why they loved the ending sequences
. With that said, it's a fantastic game and I'm gonna replay and platinum and see how it ranks in one of my favorite series of all time...

BY2K

Membero Americo
Okay, I'm convinced the skins are glitched or something.

I cannot go back to the broken Batsuit even if I select it, it's always pristine. If you switch once you can never go back to the wear and tear.

I like the game to what I've played so far. Although the batmobile got kind of a mixed reception I think it controls great. I like the riddler segments and I'm thankful that there are a lot of trophies to collect.

With that said, I'm not feeling the main story. I'm at the point where
Harley Quinn takes over the batcave(?) in the cinema and all the joker like prisioners are hidden/lost
and I think I haven't had a single boss fight and I feel like I'm already half through the campaign.

I also hate the fact that
Two-face, Penguin and Firefly
get relegated to secondary quests. You have the creative power over the best villains ever and you relegate them to secondary quests? Yeah, no.

Anyways, I would like to think the game is gonna pick up at some point.

ViciousDS

Banned
Oh for fucks sake
i see that it was old robin hence all the hints at Being the arkham knight, but after all that fuss and buss with ivy and cloudburst you finally get to take off the mask and it's the fucking hilucination of joker. GGGGAAAAAA guess I'll have to wait till tomorrow for the official unmasking. Damn IT!!!!!!

stn

I want to continue the Riddler challenges but the bridge isn't down for a certain area. Will all the bridges eventually come down through the main quest? Thanks.

Piku_Ringo

Banned
Is
Blackgate penitentiary visible in the draw distance in the game like Asylum and City is? I can't seem to find it if it is. Smiley Indifferent

Whoever came up with this stupid 60 v 1 tank battle near the end of the game needs to be taken out back and punched in the fucking face.
Hopefully it's the same person who thought up of the bright idea to tie in those Riddler trophies to the ending.(ง'̀-'́)ง

Grisby

Update on some story stuff. About 75 percent done on it.

It wasn't hard, but I disliked the
batmobile stealth deal with the Cloudburst and AK. Just boring really.

Ivy dying was :(. Wish she would have been a bigger part of the game.

Some of the transitions
the game world goes through
are quite beautiful.
I want to continue the Riddler challenges but the bridge isn't down for a certain area. Will all the bridges eventually come down through the main quest? Thanks.
Yep.

Luigi87

Near the end of the game, so I'm doing Riddler trophies and challenges... They are such a chore in this game I find.

I friggin loved them back in Asylum. I miss the align the dot to the question mark top riddles from back then...

Top Bottom