• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman: Arkham Knight |OT| Protect Gotham Racing

Caode

How do I re-enter the
Arkham Knight HQ
? When I go down the ventilation shaft, the entrance is blocked off with rocks.

Should be able to mark a waypoint on your map that'll take you right to it. It's on top of a building in the middle of that island.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
How do I re-enter the
Arkham Knight HQ
? When I go down the ventilation shaft, the entrance is blocked off with rocks.
There's an elevator at the top of a nearby skyscraper that's under construction. It should be marked on the map.

Just finished the game.

Quick Impressions because it's late I'll write more tomorrow

Spoilers ahead

Arkham Knight was an amazing concept with horrible execution and the most boring character choice
While the city is bigger it's not any better. Most of it is really boring and not worth exploring
The art direction isn't as good as Origins
Scarecrow was a boring big bad
The final scenes of the game really lack weight. Just felt flat
The forced vehicle sections became tedious
The batmobile isn't by any means a good vehicle to drive
Two Face and Penguin are badly used
Robin and Nightwing never get their moments which is a real shame
The rogue gallery was on easy mode this time.
The joker segments where done well but played out a bit too long

Overall I did enjoy the game for what it was but I think Origins was the better game overall, city had the better story and asylum had the better location. As a huge fan of the series I don't think it's a fitting Swan Song, I really expected something better than Arkham City with a more convoluted story, weaker character presence and a batmobile.

I played on PC and my experience after AO and Rain was added was actually great, I didn't suffer the problems others did with stuttering and my only slow down was the moment the enhanced fog kicked in but it was about a 10th of a second and it was back to a rock solid 30fps

Speculation on the future

Lots of talk about Queen Consolidated going on in this game, Which is strange since the only other mention of anything I noticed was Lex Luthor. I think it's possible they could be moving on to an Arrow project, The same basic framework from the batman games would translate well and I don't think WB will allow Rocksteady to do something original. Bringing Arrow into the same world as the batman games would be great, A JLA game isn't happening but exploring some of the members and even having batman show up in an Arrow game would be a real fan servicey treat.

No - that is just an extra segment beyond the ending of the main story. You can play through the main story just fine. If you want to get that extra ending then you have to 100% the game.

I think you do, but I skipped all that shit because I was tired of trying to dodge spoilers.

I'm YouTubin' that shit. No way in hell I'm doing all that Riddler shit. He can fuck off.

Thanks guys! Your both wonder posters!

anyone else having an issue where the Batsuit 8.03 shows battle damage in the Showcase but when you use it in game it's spotless?

also that patch to fix the leaderboards doesn't seem like it did anything...they are still down for me

Yep I've had the same issue. it looks messed up in cutscenes too and then when it switches to gameplay the suit looks brand new. Also haven't finished the game yet

Speculation on the future

Lots of talk about Queen Consolidated going on in this game, Which is strange since the only other mention of anything I noticed was Lex Luthor. I think it's possible they could be moving on to an Arrow project, The same basic framework from the batman games would translate well and I don't think WB will allow Rocksteady to do something original. Bringing Arrow into the same world as the batman games would be great, A JLA game isn't happening but exploring some of the members and even having batman show up in an Arrow game would be a real fan servicey treat.

Its just a reference.
Same for
all the Lex stuff and the direct Superman and Flash references. Not to mention Zatanna, Martian Manhunter, Black Canary, Huntress and Batwoman

Two-Face was handled the best he's been in the series to date by far as far as I'm concerned. Really nailed everything, and he did more than just insult Catwoman.

Penguin was better in City, but of course he was.

Anyone know how to get this Riddler trophy on Founder's Island? There's a robot behind a fence and a pressure pad in front of him. I assume I'm supposed to get the robot to walk onto the pressure pad, but I have no idea how. I've pointed every gadget I have at it and nothing.

Dan

Anyone know how to get this Riddler trophy on Founder's Island? There's a robot behind a fence and a pressure pad in front of him. I assume I'm supposed to get the robot to walk onto the pressure pad, but I have no idea how. I've pointed every gadget I have at it and nothing.
You probably don't have the gadget yet.
You get a voice synthesizer at a certain point, allowing you to imitate voices and order people/robots around.

So I'm about 50% done and there's one thing that really disappoints me about this game and that's the music. It's great, really great, except that the majority of it is from previous batman games, the newer stuff is mostly ominous tones while not on a mission.

I am pretty glad I haven't exhausted myself with this franchise. Each game gets beaten and replayed immediately and that's it. Every time I play a new one, the experience is fresh. Having said that, I think Arkham Knight is my favorite.

Wessiej

Just installed the update on PS4, and now my save is fucked up. Respawning in the Batmobile somewhere in the water, and just falling off the map. Soooo, savegame gone?

Dan

I do have that. It doesn't do anything when I point it at the robot.
Oh, oh, now I know what's happening.
Destroy the robot. After you get the device, the first robot you destroy should give you Riddler's voice chip to use.

Hit 80% of the main story... my god.

I'm one of those fortunate enough to run the game at mostly 60fps so it really is a visual treat.

But yeah, unless something goes horribly wrong in this last 20%, this is easily one of the best Batman games ever. My only complaint so far is the Batmobile stealth sections - I think they're terrible, though I never spent the points for the Lure so that could be a reason.

Litirally missed everyone of these.
Most of those are really well integrated.
Thug="all we need now is that freak from Metropolis to fly in here"
Thug="I'd much rather takeover Gotham than Keystone, at least you can see Batman coming"
GCPD shift schedule has 1. Montoya 2. Bullock 3. John Jones aka Manhunter
Huntress and Black Canary are in a chat screen with Barbara telling Huntress to stay and take care of the mainland.
Zatanna is a magic shop called "Zatanna"
Lex has his building and the message on Bruce's answering machine.
Batwoman is another message inviting Bruce to her wedding.

Dan

Most of those are really well integrated.
Thug="all we need now is that freak from Metropolis to fly in here"
Thug="I'd much rather takeover Gotham than Keystone, at least you can see Batman coming"
GCPD shift schedule has 1. Montoya 2. Bullock 3. John Jones aka Manhunter
Huntress and Black Canary are in a chat screen with Barbara telling Huntress to stay and take care of the mainland.
Zatanna is a magic shop called "Zatanna"
Lex has his building and the message on Bruce's answering machine.
Batwoman is another message inviting Bruce to her wedding.
+
There's a bench dedicated to Alec Holland, aka Swamp Thing, in the botanical garden.
John Constantine has a storefront.
There's a poster for a boxing match between Albert King and Ted Grant, aka Wildcat.
Lots of other villains have nods here or there.

Piku_Ringo

Banned
I cried tears of
of joy when the Batmobile finally got destroyed. Only to cry tears of frustration when Batman revealed he had a spare made

kamineko

Does his best thinking in the flying car
Just installed the update on PS4, and now my save is fucked up. Respawning in the Batmobile somewhere in the water, and just falling off the map. Soooo, savegame gone?

I had a thing where I kept respawning inside an inaccessible building, then falling through the ground until I could look up at the game world. Wild.

Had to completely close the game--not just exit to menu.

I think my game is bugged but I'm not sure:

Spoilers for those who haven't finished the game, or aren't at the very very last part:

I'm at the part where I am fighting all the jokers in the alley, but nothing happens. I'm fighting them for an infinite amount of time, and they keep respawning. After a while, I looked on youtube to see what I was doing wrong and I am supposed to perform some joker takedown, but the game isn't letting me do so. Am I just doing something wrong, or is my game fucked?

I had no idea this existed until you mentioned it. It's so much better. I constantly hit L2 to brake but obviously would go into tank mode instead.
That's better haha. Brake is so slow that it's only good for drifting, but tank mode allows you to reverse/fix your direction on a dime.

I think my game is bugged but I'm not sure:

Spoilers for those who haven't finished the game, or aren't at the very very last part:

I'm at the part where I am fighting all the jokers in the alley, but nothing happens. I'm fighting them for an infinite amount of time, and they keep respawning. After a while, I looked on youtube to see what I was doing wrong and I am supposed to perform some joker takedown, but the game isn't letting me do so. Am I just doing something wrong, or is my game fucked?
Just fill up your combo gage and do the takedown at x8 like normal.

Caode

Have you tried reloading your second last save? The game should let you load it from the main menu, it always keeps a backup of your previous save, before you current one. If all else fails it's worth a try.

Ephemeris

Hit 80% of the main story... my god.

I'm one of those fortunate enough to run the game at mostly 60fps so it really is a visual treat.

But yeah, unless something goes horribly wrong in this last 20%, this is easily one of the best Batman games ever.

YES.

Also around there and it's fucking magical right now.

Top Bottom