• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman: Arkham Knight |OT| Protect Gotham Racing

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
MAJOR MAJOR TIP for those struggling with the AR Riddler racing challenges.

I'm not the first one to mention this, but I cannot emphasize enough how much easier the the racing sequences are when using first person driving mode. It's a night and day difference.

Seriously, if you're having trouble use first person. Switch to,first person using the down button on the pad.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
xsfAJRw.jpg

ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ

Sober

Whoever came up with this stupid 60 v 1 tank battle near the end of the game needs to be taken out back and punched in the fucking face.
Come out of the garage and cheat by skirting past a wooden wall behind you and to the left. Now you have a chokepoint.

I'm finished New Game, but damn if NG+ is gonna get started cause I'm on the PC version. Also, I think I'd rather there be more costumes to play around with.

Also the
Lucius Fox/Hush
sidequest is hilarious with a costume costume when Batman tries to take his cowl off. I guess it'd be hilarious either way without the default costume cause I don't think they account for that.

Am I crazy in sort of wanting battle damage for the other costumes as well besides the Arkham Knight v8.03 one?

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Whoever came up with this stupid 60 v 1 tank battle near the end of the game needs to be taken out back and punched in the fucking face.
Why do people keep complaining about this fight? It's really easy.

Utilizing Oracle's hacks will fill up your secondary meter fast and do some serious damage. You have the 10x Missle Swarm too so you can take out tons simultaneously.

MMarston

Was getting caught part of your plan?
Sooooo just got to the part where
Barbara apparently kills herself.

One word answer for this - Am I right to assume this is just a master ruse? I'd be pleasantly surprised if it ain't.

Sooooo just got to the part where
Barbara apparently kills herself.

One word answer for this - Am I right to assume this is just a master ruse? I'd be pleasantly surprised if it ain't.
why would it be a ruse, Marston, come on, man. batman's not THAT dumb.

neoism

woow feel for the bros thats save got ownt .:( they actually fixed it for me... ths compared to origins is night and day... soooo glad i got it on ps4 .... my pc is pretty old anyway.... was sooo hyped for batman watched all 3 nolan films again <3 ... the third one really isnt as bad as i remember... dar knight is the GOAT even though the farry part is meh the last 3 minutes s gooood tier...

JDHarbs

So I had a power outage on Thursday, and was stuck without electricity until yesterday. I finally got back to Arkham Knight today and my save had reverted back to nearly the end of the main story and wiped away all of my side mission progress.

Am I just a special case or has anyone else run into save issues like this?

Caode

Well, there goes any chance of the platinum, I haven't a hope in hell of pulling off a freeflow combo with 15 different moves in it.

Near the end of the game, so I'm doing Riddler trophies and challenges... They are such a chore in this game I find.

I friggin loved them back in Asylum. I miss the align the dot to the question mark top riddles from back then...

I feel the opposite. I think Riddler stuff is the best in the whole series here and those question mark alignment puzzles were by far my least favorite Riddler stuff in the previous games.

TheStruggler

Report me for trolling ND/TLoU2 threads
Well, there goes any chance of the platinum, I haven't a hope in hell of pulling off a freeflow combo with 15 different moves in it.

Do what I did for the other batman games just watch a youtube video of all the moves and write down the buttons on some paper, then try to memorise the order and do it in sequence that you will remember and pause and or mentally check them off

Sober

Just keep trying. Fire up the Wayne Tower roof combat challenge and just keep adding more moves. You'll get it eventually when you figure out how to work all the moves into a single combo. It's great.

Caode

Do what I did for the other batman games just watch a youtube video of all the moves and write down the buttons on some paper, then try to memorise the order and do it in sequence that you will remember and pause and or mentally check them off

Just keep trying. Fire up the Wayne Tower roof combat challenge and just keep adding more moves. You'll get it eventually when you figure out how to work all the moves into a single combo. It's great.

I wouldn't mind but I managed it no bother in the other two games just can't seem to nail it yet on this, only trophy I need other than the new game plus trophy. Gonna give it a rest for now, it's 5:32am.. been playing about 8 hours straight. Get back to it tomorrow.

Come out of the garage and cheat by skirting past a wooden wall behind you and to the left. Now you have a chokepoint.

I'm finished New Game, but damn if NG+ is gonna get started cause I'm on the PC version. Also, I think I'd rather there be more costumes to play around with.

Also the
Lucius Fox/Hush
sidequest is hilarious with a costume costume when Batman tries to take his cowl off. I guess it'd be hilarious either way without the default costume cause I don't think they account for that.

Am I crazy in sort of wanting battle damage for the other costumes as well besides the Arkham Knight v8.03 one?

I don't know what the costume costume is, but he will take off the cowl with certain costumes. I tried it with the Adam West one and the New 52 and surprisingly enough, they actually rigged it to be taken off convincingly.

Less mashy more flowy

Finished what you can call the second dungeon, absolutely amazing. The crazy situations rocksteady constant creates is magnificent. This game is the best of the year, probably the bests game this gen. This is everything I love about gaming.

There is that riddler puzzle in there, one of the best ever
homage to the RE1 age painting puzzle, took me a while then it clicked. I was in awe. Excellent.

Riddler collecting question.
The second blimp has been sealed. Do I have to progress the story to get back in? Also Panessa studios has markers but no trophies.

Luigi87

Never played a batman game before and I'm just sitting here waiting for the update to download. any tips for the game?

just cancel the download and play the first two arkham games first.

You should listen to him, he is the Batman after all.

But yeah, if you don't mind going into a game that is a direct sequel to two other games (+ some references to a third game that was a prequel to the series by another studio), then best advice I have is in regards to combat... Know to hit and dodge. Basically after getting one or two hits in (or using a gadget), dodge.

Neiteio

Never played a batman game before and I'm just sitting here waiting for the update to download. any tips for the game?
Are you on PS4? Hit the touchpad to bring up the menu, scroll over to the Wayne Tech screen, select the Batman icon, and read up on each of the moves at your disposal. The game doesn't have much of a tutorial. It seems to assume you've played these games before.

Once you get the Batmobile, go into the game options and find the option to change the Batmobile controls from Hold to Toggle. This will make it so that you can brake and reverse with L2, and so that you transform from Pursuit to Battle mode (and back again) by simply tapping R1. This way you don't need to hold a button to stay in Battle Mode.

Yep, play Asylum and (at least) City first, let you get a hang on the combat and fill you with backstory. Both are not very long, together they take you like 30 hours for a normal playthrough, and AK might be improved for you to enjoy (if you are playing on PC) when you finish them.

XxCGSxX

In the Gotham on fire mission, I failed the second mission, now the fire won't appear in the same building again, did I fuck up? I've done multiple mission and it still won't reset so I can retry it.

In the Gotham on fire mission, I failed the second mission, now the fire won't appear in the same building again, did I fuck up? I've done multiple mission and it still won't reset so I can retry it.

the mission should pop up again after a story mission is completed.

Durden77

There's two Riddler trophies I can't get. And they're both at the beginning of the movie studio behind a gate that I can't seem to open.

Oh and also one at the bottom of the ventilation shaft next to the tunnel to the
Arkham Knight HQ
. It's like a little off the map.

Why is the one guy in
GCPD, green like he has information on the riddler, hes a cop and it doesnt allow you to do anything to him besides talk but thats usually just about nonsense.

I'm so fucking angry right now. I only have 1 riddler trophy left. But I can't reach it because I am missing a gadget upgrade. I have completed every other side mission, beat the story. And because Rocksteady removed getting XP from random enemies, the only way to gain upgrade points now is by achieving 3 star ratings on the remaining ultra hard AR missions. What the fuck Rocksteady.

Edit: Update

Gemüsepizza;170386415 said:
I'm so fucking angry right now. I only have 1 riddler trophy left. But I can't reach it because I am missing a gadget upgrade. I have completed every other side mission, beat the story. And because Rocksteady removed getting XP from random enemies, the only way to gain upgrade points now is by achieving 3 star ratings on the remaining ultra hard AR missions. What the fuck Rocksteady.

You don't get upgrade points if you start NG+ and do the side missions again?

Gemüsepizza;170386415 said:

What gadget upgrade is it?

Top Bottom