• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman: Arkham Knight |OT| Protect Gotham Racing

the K
nightfall protocol
isn't starting, he says alfred to ready batwing but no marker shows up
i was at gcpd

got 11/14 most wanted. Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong?

malfcn

What's your highest combo? I have one that is like 500+ right now.

Welp. I got up to 4,470..and then Batman warped onto the foe's head and stood there.

I wanted to get to 9,999 and see if the counter would go higher.
Don't really want to sit for an hour to see now.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
What are the non-ingame characters alluded to so far?

From radio chatter I've heard
black canary, lex luthor, and superman.

Kate Kane (Batwoman), Green Arrow, Flash, Superman, Lex Luthor, Black Canary, Zatanna, John Constantine, John Jones (Martian Manhunter), various notable Gotham PD detectives, probably more that I'm blanking on right this second.

foxtrot3d

Banned
the K
nightfall protocol
isn't starting, he says alfred to ready batwing but no marker shows up
i was at gcpd

got 11/14 most wanted. Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong?

Did you
activate it? If so, go to the top of the GCPD and stand next to the Bat Signal light.

What the fuck!?

I was just gliding around like my badass Batman self and decided, hey, this building looks cool, let me grapple up to the roof and lo and behold
some freakish ass vampire-gargoyle thing decided to give me a jump scare out of nowhere and now I'm trying to solve this creepy mystery murder.
This game...

RPGCrazied

What the fuck!?

I was just gliding around like my badass Batman self and decided, hey, this building looks cool, let me grapple up to the roof and lo and behold
some freakish ass vampire-gargoyle thing decided to give me a jump scare out of nowhere and now I'm trying to solve this creepy mystery murder.
This game...

Haha,
man bat gets everyone.
:p

Imbarkus

As Sartre noted in his contemplation on Hell in No Exit, the true horror is other members.
What the fuck!?

This game...

Haha,
man bat gets everyone.

Got me too.

Also I had to drop by this thread just to share the moment when I did a grapnel boost over the clock tower and while I was mid-air Batman was struck by lightning, which just passed through him it seemed.

An awesome little moment just randomly stuck inside there. So cool. This game!

Ephemeris

What the fuck!?

This game...

image.php

Not a spoiler

But anyone catch the npc police officers sometimes taking pictures of themselves against the batmobile?

A very nice detail.

This has probably been answered in this thread, but I've gone back a few pages and couldn't find anything: what does the orange Batman facing Batman icon mean in the challenges?

Dominator

Not a spoiler

But anyone catch the npc police officers sometimes taking pictures of themselves against the batmobile?

A very nice detail.
Yeah I walked out of GCPD and the two officers were taking pictures next to the batmobile lol they got scared as shit when I started walking over.

Welp. I got up to 4,470..and then Batman warped onto the foe's head and stood there.

I wanted to get to 9,999 and see if the counter would go higher.
Don't really want to sit for an hour to see now.

It does go higher. Other people with trainers have been getting in the 50,000s. Unless you are playing on PS4?

Ephemeris

Not a spoiler

A very nice detail.

Yup, I took a screenshot.

Came back and they were apologizing; "my kids would kill me if I didn't do it".

I'm like.. I get it, my car's hot.

Cindro

Haha,
man bat gets everyone.
Whaaaat? This never happened to me! I was wondering what on earth all of these jump scare posts were about.

I just heard his cries, saw him flying in the distance, and glided over him to start the side quest.

What a bummer that I missed out on it.

Spoo

Finished this on PC the other day. I'll try to ignore commenting on PC-centric issues, which most people here probably know about.

I really, really, really liked this game. It is an excellent send-off for the series, and feels like it really optimized almost every aspect of the Batman experience. They made decisions that are actually pretty risky (Batmobile, storyline, scope), and I think they all kind of paid off. I spent 40 hours with it, and if you know how fucking terrible the PC version is, that's an odd kind of commitment. I just felt really compelled to play through nearly all of the content (I didn't manage all the trophies, but did everything else).

I get that the Batmobile stuff isn't sitting right with some people. I totally get it; the mechanics are hit or miss on a player level I think; I had a lot of fun with the racing, dodging, etc. The integration with the puzzles felt really tight and organic. For the first time since Asylum I actually spent time "on the ground", and I really love the overall design of Gotham in this. Visually -- artistically -- it was stellar.

Pretty excited to see what Rocksteady does next. I'll be careful as fuck with them, honestly, after the PC snafu, but I'm no less curious and excited to see what they do.

Up there with Bloodborne and Witcher 3 as one of the best games I've played this year -- it's a fucking shame I experienced it through the lens of the shit PC version, and maybe I should have refunded and gotten the console version, but oh well.

Nemesis_

Does anyone else have a random police officer highlighted in Green in the GCPD?

I've tried to interact with him but it's almost like the game has accidently (and permanently) highlighted him.

Megasoum

Banned
So without spoiling anything...

How do you open up the third island to the Batmobile?

Is it just during a story mission or there's something I could do myself between missions?

I just finished the mission where
you get the Batmobile sonar and ping to find the giant roots.

It's annoying to not have the car since I can't do some of the side stuff.

jediyoshi

Does anyone else have a random police officer highlighted in Green in the GCPD?

I've tried to interact with him but it's almost like the game has accidently (and permanently) highlighted him.

When you see green highlighted people in the world, hit triangle/Y to interrogate them.

So without spoiling anything...

How do you open up the third island to the Batmobile?

Is it just during a story mission or there's something I could do myself between missions?

I just finished the mission where
you get the Batmobile sonar and ping to find the giant roots.

It's annoying to not have the car since I can't do some of the side stuff.

story

So why is Gotham's Greatest still not working on PS4 properly?

It only shows one person on the list when 15 of my friends are playing Batman on PS4, why isn't it showing all of them?

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Uhh does anyone have the locations of the Trophies and Explosives in the subway tunnel on Founders Island? I cant get any NPCs to reveal the locations and cant find any video guides either.

malfcn

It's a little strange.
Open world, the mobile and some missions are on the other island, but they are blocked. Eventually they open up.

I heard there is a special ending
if you get all the riddles. Is that missable?

RPGCrazied

It's a little strange.
Open world, the mobile and some missions are on the other island, but they are blocked. Eventually they open up.

I heard there is a special ending
if you get all the riddles. Is that missable?

Nothing is missable, and they even carry over to the new game plus also.

I love the Batmobile, really really love it.

But those Riddler
races, especially when he takes control of the mechanics can fuck right off.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
I love the Batmobile, really really love it.

But those Riddler
races, especially when he takes control of the mechanics can fuck right off.
Do them in first person. Down on the d-pad. Makes it so much easier especially the tunnels where you need to go upside down or on the walls.

Effect

What are the indoor sections like in the game? Still just mission areas like the past games? Any particular safe havens you can travel to?

ZeroX03

Banned
WOW the enemy magnetism or whatever you call it is really messed up on one of the Own The Road missions. Enemy is holding a thing to throw at me and no matter how many batarangs I throw it just won't him. Throw in that half of the enemies are immune to regular attacks and this is fucked. Most of the game hasn't been as bad as Origins but this mission is.

What are the indoor sections like in the game? Still just mission areas like the past games? Any particular safe havens you can travel to?

Oracle's Clocktower and GCPD is probably as close to save havens as you can get. But they don't function like the Batcave in AO.

Not all too many indoor sections in this one. Especially with no loading screens, it doesn't feel like there's much indoor sections.

Do them in first person. Down on the d-pad. Makes it so much easier especially the tunnels where you need to go upside down or on the walls.

I am going to have to try that. I just spent an hour plus on that part. I finally had to quit humiliated. Super frustrating.

Top Bottom