• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman: Arkham Knight |OT| Protect Gotham Racing

jediyoshi

Should I complete the side quests before the main story or can I go back and for example rescue scientists after beating the main story?

You can go back and finish everything after the main story. The way it's structured, they pretty much count on that being the case.

Batman must have a ridiculous amount of endurance if he can do all this in one night.

anyone else think the arkham games are limiting themselves by taking place in one night?

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
Eject from batmobile. While gliding press and hold I think the left stick in to shoot a zipline to stand on. Then when it comes back up you hit all 3 and bam done. That one stuck me for a bit myself.
That one was fucking stupid.

Why? Because the goddamn fucking zip line would not eject until after like the 10th try. It's yet another thing in this game that is flaky and why I am starting to hate it.

Some of these riddler trophies are fun but some of them are so god damn fucking stupid that you just want to scream.

In fact I am probably fucked for a few of them. Specifically some of the ones that require you to traverse the island in the air since I have no grapnel or ejection upgrades.

Seriously fuck this stupid tedious unfun bullshit.

Why? Because the goddamn fucking zip line would not eject until after like the 10th try. It's yet another thing in this game that is flaky and why I am starting to hate it.

Some of these riddler trophies are fun but some of them are so god damn fucking stupid that you just want to scream.

In fact I am probably fucked for a few of them. Specifically some of the ones that require you to traverse the island in the air since I have no grapnel or ejection upgrades.

Skip the Riddler stuff then.

Batman must have a ridiculous amount of endurance if he can do all this in one night.

anyone else think the arkham games are limiting themselves by taking place in one night?

They are, but I think limiting it is a conscious design decision. The scope of a game that takes place over some days/weeks would be much greater than this.

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
Skip the Riddler stuff then.

They are, but I think limiting it is a conscious design decision. The scope of a game that takes place over some days/weeks would be much greater than this.

My obsessive compulsive nature demands I take down that pathetic trash talker.

I hate myself for it.

quesalupa

Eject from batmobile. While gliding press and hold I think the left stick in to shoot a zipline to stand on. Then when it comes back up you hit all 3 and bam done. That one stuck me for a bit myself.
Well I feel dumb now. I was lucky enough to get glitched on top of the force field.

antitrop

Showdown with Two-Face at the end of his sidequest was easily one of the most anticlimactic things I've seen in a video game, in recent memory.

Spoo

Showdown with Two-Face at the end of his sidequest was easily one of the most anticlimactic things I've seen in a video game, in recent memory.

If you think that's anti-climactic, just wait...

Sadly, a lot of the side-quests involving villains, which I loved actually doing, don't really feel satisfying sans 2 or 3 in the end.

SJRB

Gold Member

That was the point. By overrunning Gotham with crime the point was to overwhelm Batman. That's the whole reason Scarecrow
put the other crime "bosses" out there. Two-Face, Penguin, Firefly. All to tire Batman and to wear him out.

But he's the goddamn Batman.

Please take a step back. You've been venting a lot and every time you have some difficulty, you lob a "another thing wrong with this game" comment. It starts to shit up the thread, yo.

Scarphace

Okay so I beat the main story but I am trying to
activate the knightfall endings. I read that you have to have 7/14 side missions done to activate the first ending. I have 9. The only missions I have left are the firemen, riddler, militia checkpoints, watchtowers, and explosives. What am I doing wrong?

Think my game is glitched.
Shows 2 or 3 riddler trophies left on Founder's Island but 5 riddler guys in a row are giving me locations on other islands and the militia HQ.

erawsd

Think my game is glitched.
Shows 2 or 3 riddler trophies left on Founder's Island but 5 riddler guys in a row are giving me locations on other islands and the militia HQ.

How far are you in the story? There are some you cant get until certain points in the story, even though the game shows them.

Okay so I beat the main story but I am trying to
activate the knightfall endings. I read that you have to have 7/14 side missions done to activate the first ending. I have 9. The only missions I have left are the firemen, riddler, militia checkpoints, watchtowers, and explosives. What am I doing wrong?

You have to put all the bad guys in jail for the first half. Then 100% (riddler stuff) for te second

All of the Most Wanted missions end anticlimatically. Actually, all side characters in all of the Batman games have had weak endings.

viveks86

batmanak2015-07-0122-uzodu.png

malfcn

Haha, found the perfect spot where nothing but helicopters would fly over to me..killed 6 tanks and 42 copters..not so extreme!

Am I the only one who's having serious issues with the control scheme?

This design choice is terrible, and is really a killer coming off the silky smooth access format used in Asylum and City. Anyone on this board who's familiar with game design and the hardware structure of next-gen consoles, what limitations might have prompted Rocksteady into making this design choice, because it really disrupts the flow of the game. I don't like having to access the wheel menu on numerous occasions during a single predator encounter. Predator encounters were never a favorite feature in these games for me, and they're made into an even bigger grind because of this new routine.

On a game design level, would Rocksteady be able to bring back the previous access formats with a patch or even include it as a new feature on their inevitable GOTY edition, or is everything so hardcoded into the game now that it would be impossible to do? I think of Metal Gear Solid 3: Subsistence, which addressed one of the biggest complaints by players by adding a rotatable camera into the game. it really did improve an already excellent game. Arkham Knight's game experience would improve as well in that respect.

And I don't believe that Arkham Knight's control's are too complex that they couldn't remap rhe controls to accomate this. Just basically move all the gadgets back to the directional pad, including the batmobile remote.

1. When using the remote batmobile, you simply select the batmobile remote icon from the direction pad and then activate it using the bumpers like any other gadget from the previous games.

2. Move detective vision to L3 or R3, or even back to its former position on the controller and have the batmobile summoned by pressing down on either of the stick buttons.

3. Move all the select wheels onto the stick buttons. You press down on one of the stick buttons to access the wheel, and use the other stick for making your selection.

4. Or Rocksteady could just move the select wheels onto their own dedicated menus using the select button, or onto the waynetech button.

I really like this game so far, even with the batmobile/tank feature force upon me, but some of the design changes made at the expense of the previous games are really frustrating.

Skunkers

I have a dumb question perhaps. A few of the towers/checkpoints have been bugging me. One is on top of the Gotham Herald I think, there's a tower with some turrets and guys on it. I can manage to clear it, but then I have to explosive gel the control panel, but it is directly covered by two tower wall=mount turrets. You can only hack one of them at a time, so I'm stumped.

Vaga

I have a dumb question perhaps. A few of the towers/checkpoints have been bugging me. One is on top of the Gotham Herald I think, there's a tower with some turrets and guys on it. I can manage to clear it, but then I have to explosive gel the control panel, but it is directly covered by two tower wall=mount turrets. You can only hack one of them at a time, so I'm stumped.

Check for cables running from the turrets, they lead to a panel that disables them.

Sober

Am I the only one who's having serious issues with the control scheme?

This design choice is terrible, and is really a killer coming off the silky smooth access format used in Asylum and City. Anyone on this board who's familiar with game design and the hardware structure of next-gen consoles, what limitations might have prompted Rocksteady into making this design choice, because it really disrupts the flow of the game. I don't like having to access the wheel menu on numerous occasions during a single predator encounter. Predator encounters were never a favorite feature in these games for me, and they're made into an even bigger grind because of this new routine.

On a game design level, would Rocksteady be able to bring back the previous access formats with a patch or even include it as a new feature on their inevitable GOTY edition, or is everything so hardcoded into the game now that it would be impossible to do? I think of Metal Gear Solid 3: Subsistence, which addressed one of the biggest complaints by players by adding a rotatable camera into the game. it really did improve an already excellent game. Arkham Knight's game experience would improve as well in that respect.

And I don't believe that Arkham Knight's control's are too complex that they couldn't remap rhe controls to accomate this. Just basically move all the gadgets back to the directional pad, including the batmobile remote.

1. When using the remote batmobile, you simply select the batmobile remote icon from the direction pad and then activate it using the bumpers like any other gadget from the previous games.

2. Move detective vision to L3 or R3, or even back to its former position on the controller and have the batmobile summoned by pressing down on either of the stick buttons.

3. Move all the select wheels onto the stick buttons. You press down on one of the stick buttons to access the wheel, and use the other stick for making your selection.

4. Or Rocksteady could just move the select wheels onto their own dedicated menus using the select button, or onto the waynetech button.

I really like this game so far, even with the batmobile/tank feature force upon me, but some of the design changes made at the expense of the previous games are really frustrating.
I somehow don't mind the new pause screen/gadget wheel (even though everyone HATED it when AC3 did it) but man, putting the Batmobile on LB/L1 was really annoying because it was Detective mode for forever the last 3 games. I still hit LB to try to get detective mode on. DPAD Up is not working out for me.

Dominator

60C921DB-9537-4EDF-8C03-CD2EABCED28D_zpsjjotehzf.jpg

How... HOW!!!

It's the last Riddler thing I need before I can fight the bastard. I see you can charge behind where you have to shoot but it's impossible to get it charged it and shot before the timer expires for the last part of it.

It's driving me insane.

jediyoshi

How... HOW!!!

It's the last Riddler thing I need before I can fight the bastard. I see you can charge behind where you have to shoot but it's impossible to get it charged it and shot before the timer expires for the last part of it.

It's driving me insane.

I'm not sure the intended solution, but you can position yourself just so, so that you're able to charge yourself while on the activation spot, so that all you need to do is turn around and you'll still stay charged.

Neff

How... HOW!!!

It's driving me insane.

Get hooked up to the charger, turn around, shoot the question marks individually until all ten appear at once, then do the x10 missile thing.

Top Bottom