• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman: Arkham Knight |OT| Protect Gotham Racing

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Got 69/69 for the AR challenges.

Maaaan, it sucks to not have more of the combat ones. Wasn't a big fan of the race events.

Maaaan, it sucks to not have more of the combat ones. Wasn't a big fan of the race events.

The ones that are there are really easy too which is weird, I remember them being the hardest by far before. So far the hardest for me has been the last non-Riddler race one. I wish I had realized sooner than you can attack scarecrow with both guns though lol.

Sojgat

Very upset about the tiny selection of combat challenges. All of them are tiny gimmick maps and the AR presentation sucks. Feels thrown together.

Jarrod38

Feel like an idiot .
Took me almost 15 minutes to find the vent in the first airship after you attack all those guys in the room.

malfcn

Finished all the apc missions. A few went into tunnels and Batman said "this must be the entrance" - to what.. I shall find out?

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
about 90% of the way through, super stuck on this brawler mission

it's the dual team fight with
oracle
on the roof top

any tips? i already knocked it down to Easy and i still can't beat it :/

What the heck, these hybrid missions aren't fun at all.

Does everyone know you can use the machine gun to instantly kill tanks? I didn't until after I was done. It's great!

Alienous

about 90% of the way through, super stuck on this brawler mission

it's the dual team fight with
oracle
on the roof top

any tips? i already knocked it down to Easy and i still can't beat it :/

Take out the bigger guys using the environment takedowns (the areas the glow blue).

Remember that you can regenerate your health by purchasing a combat batsuit upgrade mid-fight if you have any left.

Vire

Still think there are too many Riddler challenges, I know they cut it down from Arkham City but I could do with just 100. A lot of them seem needless, especially the ones where you just pick up the trophy in a random spot of the world, or the breakable targets.

Riddler informants seemed to have stop spawning for me on Bleak Island and I still have like 3 or 4 trophies there. Any tips?

Chanser

Still think there are too many Riddler challenges, I know they cut it down from Arkham City but I could do with just 100. A lot of them seem needless, especially the ones where you just pick up the trophy in a random spot of the world, or the breakable targets.

Riddler informants seemed to have stop spawning for me on Bleak Island and I still have like 3 or 4 trophies there. Any tips?

Did you counter the glowing green cop? Took me a while why the cop was glowing green.

Effect

Oracle's Clocktower and GCPD is probably as close to save havens as you can get. But they don't function like the Batcave in AO.

Not all too many indoor sections in this one. Especially with no loading screens, it doesn't feel like there's much indoor sections.

Thanks

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
The ones that are there are really easy too which is weird, I remember them being the hardest by far before. So far the hardest for me has been the last non-Riddler race one. I wish I had realized sooner than you can attack scarecrow with both guns though lol.

Yeah, I 3 starred them even with a sloppy first attempt breaking combos. Plus even then some are only based on combo count(which is not hard at all), score is where the main fun is...so there's only three like that.

Zero315

Banned
Uhhh... I think my save file is fucked. PS4 version, I loaded my game and the batmobile is sitting on what looks to be a sheet of ice, which disappears and it falls into the water. It keeps falling in and respawing above the water just to keep falling below the geometry. There's a bridge nearby that the textures are all fucked up on as well.

Every time I reload it's the same thing. In the story I just
took Ivy to the botanical gardens.
Not sure how far in that is, but the thought of having to start a new game and doing all the stuff I've done over again is kinda killing my drive to play this.

Yeah, I 3 starred them even with a sloppy first attempt breaking combos. Plus even then some are only based on combo count(which is not hard at all), score is where the main fun is...so there's only three like that.
That being said, I thought the Nightwing and even Azrael ones were really fun, so I'd be open to DLC packs. Hopefully there's just more with higher difficulty.

Ephemeris

Uhhh... I think my save file is fucked. PS4 version, I loaded my game and the batmobile is sitting on what looks to be a sheet of ice, which disappears and it falls into the water. It keeps falling in and respawing above the water just to keep falling below the geometry. There's a bridge nearby that the textures are all fucked up on as well.

Every time I reload it's the same thing. In the story I just
took Ivy to the botanical gardens.
Not sure how far in that is, but the thought of having to start a new game and doing all the stuff I've done over again is kinda killing my drive to play this.

I believe the game makes backup saves.

I went to make sure my stuff uploaded and saw the game kept the last 3. In the main menu there should be an option to load an older one. Hopefully every time you played it didn't create a new one. :/

Also see if you have an older save on PSN if you have that stuff setup.

Ephemeris

Holy shit.

So I got stumped doing this one Riddler challenge and said F it, I should upgrade (RIP to my silly zero upgrade run; stopped at 188 unspent points, 86% into the game).

All of these beautiful tank upgrades. I want them all.

UPGRADE EVERYTHING.

edit:
B0MzmnW.gif

Vire

Holy shit.

So I got stumped doing this one Riddler challenge and said F it, I should upgrade (RIP to my silly zero upgrade run; stopped at 188 unspent points, 86% into the game).

All of these beautiful tank upgrades. I want them all.

UPGRADE EVERYTHING.

lol

Some of the trophies are impossible to get without upgrades so make sure you get the disrupter ones. I know you need the mine one for sure.

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
Was trying to get a riddler trophy, grappled to a nearby crane and to my surprise,
the mothafuckin Joker is standing there waiting for me.
Like, how, how would they know?? Another thing, grappled up a building in the same area. And noticed
that one of the two statues on the roof looks like the Joker!
This is insanity. T-T

EDIT:Oh my lord,
I paused the game looked away while making this post, and when I unpaused the game, the statue that originally looked like the joker looked normal, but the statue that was closer to me suddenly had his face.
Yea nope, that's enough batman for tonight.

So Ive beaten the game
except I havent done the knightfall initiative
and I beaten all the sidequests but I still have 4 greyed out upgrade slots in my gadgets tree.....how do I get these?

Vire

So Ive beaten the game
except I havent done the knightfall initiative
and I beaten all the sidequests but I still have 4 greyed out upgrade slots in my gadgets tree.....how do I get these?

New Game+ I don't think it is possible to max out the tree in one go.

Revengineer

Unconfirmed Member
This fucking game's story is just what I wanted. Darker than Asylum, City, or Origins. I love this. Rocksteady nailed this game as the first game I feel truly 100% like the Batman of the comics I know. The story as well - not so much the nuance, length, or depth, but the content and execution.

Love it. Love it that I got to get my money back for the PC version and experience the PS4 version. What a treat.

Vire

Is that how you get the freeze grenades? Because I think I need them to get a few of the riddler trophies but I dont see it in the upgrade tree.

Oh, I must have misunderstood you. I thought you meant activating every upgrade rather than unlocking.

You can get the freeze grenades at the Movie Studio in the cell room, that will unlock additional movesets.

Megasoum

Banned
I huh... don't understand how the
Voice Modulator
is supposed to work.... I played around with both sticks for a little while and then I hit X and I happened to get 100% match from the first try? Huh....ok...

Ephemeris

lol

Some of the trophies are impossible to get without upgrades so make sure you get the disrupter ones. I know you need the mine one for sure.

I have 8/9 Batmobile weapon ones like .. immediately. And I missed my combo disarm so much. Copped a ton of disruptor ones. I could move a little easier now.

I feel like Lucius is setting me up with a new suit right now. Spent 85 points already.

Voice Modulator
is supposed to work.... I played around with both sticks for a little while and then I hit X and I happened to get 100% match from the first try? Huh....ok...

Aside from it being a lore/story element, the whole voice modulator set up is useless. I think you only have to do it for one or two characters. Penguin and Riddler need no set up at all.

Anyone know if/when the red hood DLC is coming out? I have the game and season pass but not this.
I refuse to pay scalper prices for it.
I'm hoping to trade an extra JL3000/60's skin pack for it in BST

Anyone know if/when the red hood DLC is coming out? I have the game and season pass but not this.

Just watch a video of it online. It's literally a 10 minute ordeal that's just three challenge maps.

Ephemeris

I think.. July~early sept..but yeah. it's super short

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
just finished the game and watched the two extra endings online

what the fuckkkk

the last hour of this game is absolutely bananas

malfcn

Looking at the leaderboards in the Gamehub has one with a huge discrepancy amongst friends.

Number of perfect shots on the drone ta..

What in the hell.
And for longest jump, my most casual friend has the longest, a 215 meters.

squadr0n

For anyone who has finished the story quests, can I complete the story missions and then do the most wanted after or does the game end once you finish the story?

VanWinkle

For anyone who has finished the story quests, can I complete the story missions and then do the most wanted after or does the game end once you finish the story?

The first. I'm doing the majority of them now, after having completed the story. The game will explain the context once you finish the story.

jediyoshi

Voice Modulator

One stick controls pitch, the other controls speed, don't pay attention to the visual cues.

They play the audio clip correctly at first, then you adjust the values to recreate it from the garbled version they give you.

Mossybrew

For some reason I find this game more frustrating than Bloodborne, for all the yadda-yadda about how hard that game was, towards the back end of Arkham Knight I'm dying and yelling pissed off at the screen "that's f*cking bullshit" way more than I ever did with Bloodborne. There has always been this running thread through these games that for some reason just really pisses me off, and it's here in full force in this final chapter. Part of it is the continual introduction of off-kilter gameplay elements where its, ok, wtf am I supposed to do in this weird segment? And part of it is just weird difficulty spikes where, ok I've handled this kind of mission fine, now this next one is suddenly a piece of shit.

Riddler is very annoying. They should do only the charades, the trophy hunt and destructible icons are very boring.

Did around 30 in the main campaign and right now just reached 100+ done. Still missing 140ish.... Oh boy...

Just finished the story and watching the "real" ending on YouTube. Very tepid on the experience. There was some really good stuff (the
Hush
sidequest was so perfect), but the lack of good boss fights and so much of the encounter design being "shoot all the drones" dampened it big time. Generally fun and solid, but definitely the worst in the series, and I'm including Origins in that statement. Glad that Rocksteady is ostensibly done.

Also, where the fuck did
the Arkham Knight
go after
shooting off B-man's restraints
at the end? Just vanished into thin air? Stupid.

Also also, locking the true ending behind 240 Riddler trophies can fuck right off. Thank goodness for YouTube.

GavinUK86

Also also, locking the true ending behind 240 Riddler trophies can fuck right off. Thank goodness for YouTube.

Yeah I think that was a terrible idea.

In regards to the "true" ending,
the family in the alley and the fear toxin Batman is obviously an hallucination because it's the same character models as Bruce and his parents from the model viewer

I did like how
Jim is mayor and Tim and Barb got married though
. Should've included more info on
Jason too

Should I complete the side quests before the main story or can I go back and for example rescue scientists after beating the main story?

Ok I need help with a Riddler trophy. Its under Panessa Studios and there is a force field on the ceiling blocking access to 3 riddler question marks that need to be hit with a batarang. I cannot figure this one out. The force field can be brought down with an EMP blast for about 9 seconds but I cant figure out this shit past that.

Little help please!

ElRenoRaven

Ok I need help with a Riddler trophy. Its under Panessa Studios and there is a force field on the ceiling blocking access to 3 riddler question marks that need to be hit with a batarang. I cannot figure this one out. The force field can be brought down with an EMP blast for about 9 seconds but I cant figure out this shit past that.

Little help please!

Eject from batmobile. While gliding press and hold I think the left stick in to shoot a zipline to stand on. Then when it comes back up you hit all 3 and bam done. That one stuck me for a bit myself.

Little help please!

Eject +line launch

Top Bottom