• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman: Arkham Knight |OT| Protect Gotham Racing

Dominator

turn around.. there's an unlimited amount of juice you can hook the batmobile to.
I know, I mentioned it.

I'm not sure the intended solution, but you can position yourself just so, so that you're able to charge yourself while on the activation spot, so that all you need to do is turn around and you'll still stay charged.
Oh ok, so I can hook up to it first? I keep going through the challenge then hooking up, charging and trying to get my missiles off before turning around and latching on. It'll give it another go tomorrow, thanks for the info.

malfcn

60C921DB-9537-4EDF-8C03-CD2EABCED28D_zpsjjotehzf.jpg

How... HOW!!!

It's the last Riddler thing I need before I can fight the bastard. I see you can charge behind where you have to shoot but it's impossible to get it charged it and shot before the timer expires for the last part of it.

It's driving me insane.

I set the Mobile on the pad.
Then charged the wench.

Then equipped the multi batarang and just aimed at all of them until it solved the riddle.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
I know, I mentioned it.

Oh ok, so I can hook up to it first? I keep going through the challenge then hooking up, charging and trying to get my missiles off before turning around and latching on. It'll give it another go tomorrow, thanks for the info.

I did the same thing jediyoshi did, I winched first and backed up a little and had to aim behind me to do it. It barely seemed to work so it didn't seem correct, lol.

SomTervo

How... HOW!!!

It's the last Riddler thing I need before I can fight the bastard. I see you can charge behind where you have to shoot but it's impossible to get it charged it and shot before the timer expires for the last part of it.

It's driving me insane.

Minor puzzle spoiler

Charge up with the thing behind you.

Aim around on the spot - don't disconnect

Shoot all the lights with L2

Then when multiples start lighting up, hammer Square (or the Missile/Secondary button)

Took me a long while too, I came back to it 2-3 times

Neff

Would the game have told you to pick up the
shocker in the evidence locker
if you didn't grab it yourself?

Yeah Alfred tells you to get it late in the game since it's an essential item.

Better to get it as soon as possible though because it's useful for other things.

breakfuss

Conflicted. It is a GOOD game but there is too much fucking batmobile. Too much. Why on earth is there so much batmobile? Why, lord, why. There's one portion of the game (presumably toward the end) where I didn't think the tanks and drones would stop coming. This is especially troubling for me as I've always hated vehicular combat. Never got into Twisted Metal and the like. Hell it's not even so much the combat but its needless inclusion in every freaking puzzle and mission. It's NOT fun.

I do however love being the batman! And so far the story and performances have me hooked. Love the gadgets. Love teaming up with the various cameos. But whoever thought it was a good idea to go HAM with this godforsaken car needs to be disciplined severely.

SomTervo

Conflicted. It is a GOOD game but there is too much fucking batmobile. Too much. Why on earth is there so much batmobile? Why, lord, why. There's one portion of the game (presumably toward the end) where I didn't think the tanks and drones would stop coming. This is especially troubling for me as I've always hated vehicular combat. Never got into Twisted Metal and the like. Hell it's not even so much the combat but its needless inclusion in every freaking puzzle and mission. It's NOT fun.

I do however love being the batman! And so far the story and performances have me hooked. Love the gadgets. Love teaming up with the various cameos. But whoever thought it was a good idea to go HAM with this godforsaken car needs to be disciplined severely.

I finished the game last week, and I still don't understand this. I've probably been in-Batmobile for 20% of my game time, give or take 5%. By my rough estimate I'd say there are one or two short Batmobile encounters per 30-90 minutes of on-foot Batman sequences - and if you just efficiently get through the Batmobile encounters, they take less than 5 minutes.

The ratio has become even more starkly on-foot-Batman-focused since I finished the story campaign. I can literally play for 3-4 hours after the campaign and be in the Mobile for maybe 5-10 minutes of that. Sure, the Batmobile Tank Combat is a bit off the Batman track, but I couldn't possibly argue that it substantially detracts from the game

I finished the game last week, and I still don't understand this. I've probably been in-Batmobile for 20% of my game time, give or take 5%. By my rough estimate I'd say there are one or two short Batmobile encounters per 30-90 minutes of on-foot Batman sequences - and if you just efficiently get through the Batmobile encounters, they take less than 5 minutes.

The ratio has become even more starkly on-foot-Batman-focused since I finished the story campaign. I can literally play for 3-4 hours after the campaign and be in the Mobile for maybe 5-10 minutes of that. Sure, the Batmobile Tank Combat is a bit off the Batman track, but I couldn't possibly argue that it substantially detracts from the game

dude, c'mon: even by your own calculation, that's just under 1/4 of the game! so, yeah, it's quite believable that a number of us consider that to be (in a series that previously contained 0% batmobile), 'too much batmobile'...

i mean, in your judgement, how much'd be 'too much'? a third? half? more than that? do you really think how much is too much is objective :) ...

breakfuss

Hm. Well I haven't done too many side missions so maybe my ratio is skewed a bit. Feels like I'm in that damn car every 20 minutes. Regardless of the actual time it still stinks. Wouldn't say that it "substantially" detracts but it's dampened my enjoyment for sure. It's tedious and feels shoehorned for the sake of differentiating the game from the previous two. The parts of the city where you're unable to summon it are always a relief to me.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
1 Riddle left and its not on the maps!

(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

Has anyone found the
Solomon Grundy
easter egg ?
Batgirl
easter egg is also really awesome.

Yeah Grundy is linked to a Riddle. Do you need a location or you got it?

stephen08

1 Riddle left and its not on the maps!

(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

Yeah Grundy is linked to a Riddle. Do you need a location or you got it?

Some locations like
Pyg's Salon
and
Kirk Langstrom's lab
have riddles but don't have maps associated with them. Check there. Also you can go to the riddle menu to verify where it is in the world.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Some locations like
Pyg's Salon
and
Kirk Langstrom's lab
have riddles but don't have maps associated with them. Check there. Also you can go to the riddle menu to verify where it is in the world.

Got it. Was one last crate on
Staggs airship
. Had to search the city for about 10 minutes for one of the highlighted green guys to give up the position.

Edit: 100% complete. What a ride.

E67tlhA.jpg

batusi.gif

Rosur

Do I need to get all the riddler trophy's to get the full Nightfall or is just freeing Catwomen enough? (currently still working on clearing the other side stuff atm).

Fliesen

Do I need to get all the riddler trophy's to get the full Nightfall or is just freeing Catwomen enough? (currently still working on clearing the other side stuff atm).

57506176.jpg

the 12/14 Knightfall is basically just a teaser for the 14/14. - and 14/14 requires 100% on the Riddler Most Wanted quest, which requires you to collect all of the trophies
14/14 doesn't "follow" 12/14 ... even if you do 12/14 the game doesn't consider what you saw to have happened. 14/14 is the actual and only ending to the game.

Blader

57506176.jpg

the 12/14 Knightfall is basically just a teaser for the 14/14. - and 14/14 requires 100% on the Riddler Most Wanted quest, which requires you to collect all of the trophies
14/14 doesn't "follow" 12/14 ... even if you do 12/14 the game doesn't consider what you saw to have happened. 14/14 is the actual and only ending to the game.

Shit, you need to do 12/14 side missions to get the second ending? I've never gotten a clear answer on what threshold of most wanted completions unlocks which ending -- the places I've looked at have all said either 7, 8 or 10 -- but didn't know I'd need 12.

I know, I mentioned it.

You just hook onto the thing and then stay hooked on for the entire challenge. You need the maximum missile upgrade (x10). It's really easy.

Hobohodo

Okay so what's the deal with the ending now, ending spoilers obviously.

So I finished the City of Fear stuff and Batman has told Alfred he is needed for one more night before activating some protocol. Currently it says I only need to finish 3 more of the side missions before activating the protocol, even though I have maybe 5 or 6 missions still on going. Are there two different endings based on if I activate the protocol with just 3 more missions done vs all the missions done?

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
A redditor found this when digging through the game's files . Seems that Robin, Nightwing, Red Hood and Azrael are getting more combat challenges. No word about Catwoman and Harley.

Really disappointing that they didn't use AC's challenge map model, considering that they almost doubled the amount of playable characters but still it's better than nothing

Jb

After completing it (2nd ending, the riddles will be this summer's grind :D) I honestly found it to be a better overall game than previous Arkham entries, mostly because of the better pacing. Story wise it's not just a series of road blocks involving famous Batman characters like City, and the
Joker
is a really neat narrative device to make Batman a more interesting guy than he ever was in Rocksteady's universe. From a gameplay standpoint the added mechanics to both combat and predator maps (+ the batmobile) meant everything flowed together much more fluidly and felt more engaging because of the wider access to tools and move this time around.

The batmobile combat was obviously the weakest part of the game, but I also didn't find it aweful or prevalent enough to get me to really hate it. I just wish they'd give you more weapons and gadgets in that mode, because it was fairly repetitive for most of the game in a way Arkham Asylum's combat and predator stuff was for me.

Anyway, congrats to Rocksteady on making a really fun and polished game that kept me engaged in a way I didn't expect out of a three-quel. If (or rather when) we do get another Batman game, I hope they'll finally re-design its structure and make it in a living, breathing Gotham.

Still can't start the
Knightfall Protocol

I press sqaure in the mission menue and Batman says to Alfred he shall ready the
Batwing to meet at GCPD
, nothing.

Wenn I close the mission menue, the game wants me to choose a mission, I got
11/14
most wanted I think.

Bug or am I overseeing something ?

Fliesen

Okay so what's the deal with the ending now, ending spoilers obviously.

So I finished the City of Fear stuff and Batman has told Alfred he is needed for one more night before activating some protocol. Currently it says I only need to finish 3 more of the side missions before activating the protocol, even though I have maybe 5 or 6 missions still on going. Are there two different endings based on if I activate the protocol with just 3 more missions done vs all the missions done?

yes and no.
It's the same ending, just at 100% you get the "extended" cut.
or rather, at 12/14 Most wanted you get a cut down version of the ending that doesn't offer proper closure

This game has 1 real ending, basically, and that's at 100%

* Finishing the main storyline is nice and changes a few lines of dialogue within the game, but it doesn't end the Arkham trilogy.
* Finishing 12 of 14 most wanted will tease you by showing you individual parts of the actual ending and literally tell you "finish all of the most wanted quests to reveal the true ending"
* Finishing 14 of 14 serves as the one, true, canonical, ending.

Rosur

57506176.jpg

dam :( looks like I'll watch the full ending on youtube and just get 12/14 then. Don't want to spend all the time finding the trophies/ doing the challenges.

Fliesen

dam :( looks like I'll watch the full ending on youtube and just get 12/14 then. Don't want to spend all the time finding the trophies/ doing the challenges.

i'm not sure the AR challenges are even required for the final ending. (there's no spot for them in the 'most wanted wheel' is there?)

the riddler trophies aren't all that bad, imho.
but you can just get the remaining ones on your NG+ playthrough if you ever chose to do one.

Truant

Caved in and got the 30 fps version (PS4).

Holy shit, who greenlit this Batmobile-fest? Driving around is OK at best, but the tank sections are incredibly bad and so far removed from what makes Batman cool. Who thought a tank was a good idea? Who thought a tank had anything to do with Batman?

Weird.

How... HOW!!!

It's driving me insane.

I got down the Batcar and used batarangs instead, the four batarangs at once upgrade made this super easy for me.

How... HOW!!!

It's driving me insane.

Charge up the energy so you can use a missile barrage at the end. For all singles and groups of 4 the cannon will suffice. Once all are lit, Missile barrage it.

i dont actually remember this "reveal" so i'll just ask about it later than it probably happened

mid game oracle spoilers

it seems strange that all these batman things that happened in the main universe exist in this one, but tim and barbara are in a relationship vs her and dick. I think it's just strange since the only thing I can think of "why" is because its different.

my wife HATES it since that was her first comic book couple that she loved.

Tim belongs with stephanie anyway

Zakalwe

Banned
yes and no.
It's the same ending, just at 100% you get the "extended" cut.
or rather, at 12/14 Most wanted you get a cut down version of the ending that doesn't offer proper closure

This game has 1 real ending, basically, and that's at 100%

* Finishing the main storyline is nice and changes a few lines of dialogue within the game, but it doesn't end the Arkham trilogy.
* Finishing 12 of 14 most wanted will tease you by showing you individual parts of the actual ending and literally tell you "finish all of the most wanted quests to reveal the true ending"
* Finishing 14 of 14 serves as the one, true, canonical, ending.

I'm confused...

KJhbLOG.jpg

My Most Wanted shows 15 missions, not 14.

I have 10 at 100% and I just activated the
KF protocol.

So where does 12/12 and 14/14 come from?

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
"okay now fight like 40 drones cos fun"

Except no.

Now that I'm finally unbanned and can speak a bit about the game since I finished it 100 percent a few days ago I have to say that is one of my favorites of all time. Definitely beats City for me no questions asked, I don't know if it tops Asylum yet, but City to me should have been what this game is. Although the story in this wasn't amazing, I enjoyed it for as long as it went.

Gameplay wise it's unmatched by the other games in the series and the batmobile for me is a welcome addition. It does get a bit repetitive near the end game when it comes to tank battles, but the puzzle solving and such involved with it was great. I also loved that everything felt connected between the outdoor and indoor areas. There's nothing cooler then ejecting from the batmobile in crazy speeds, crashing through a window in some building, kicking ass, then jumping out through the other side straight into the batmobile. The world just feels realized to me just because of moments like those.

Now that the whole series is done I can say that for me a perfect Arkham game would be the story from Origins mixed with the gameplay of Knight and the atmosphere of Asylum.

I'm confused...

TUizvwb.jpg

My Most Wanted shows 15 missions, not 14.

I have 10 at 100% and I just activated the KF protocol.

So where does 12/12 and 14/14 come from?

The main storyline is not a most wanted mission, so there you have 14. In my case I needed 13 most wanted missions to activate the first part of the Knightfall protocol.

Zakalwe

Banned
The main storyline is not a most wanted mission, so there you have 14. In my case I needed 13 most wanted missions

Ah, of course!

It's obviously not 12/14 though. It happened right after I arrested Penguin, who's my 7th villain to jail. So I think it might be:

1st: capture 7 of the most wanted villains
2nd: 100%

Ephemeris

Me in an earlier encounter : "ha! You're gonna need more tanks !!"

Then they doubled the number and put me in area with little to no cover.

... I feel like I brought this upon myself.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Don't tell me (very late game spoilers) that the climatic fight against
-----Arkham Knight------
amounts to a shitty tank battle?

Hobohodo

Cheers for the reply about the ending stuff guys, seems crazy to lock it away behind 100% but whatever.

Now any tips for how to do the roadblock on Founders Island in the Rycker Heights area? Kinda underneath a bridge with turrets everywhere and all armed militia. Like should I have a way to incapacitate the turrets? All I can do is blind them for 15 seconds which achieves nothing.

Alienous

Cheers for the reply about the ending stuff guys, seems crazy to lock it away behind 100% but whatever.

Now any tips for how to do the roadblock on Founders Island in the Rycker Heights area? Kinda underneath a bridge with turrets everywhere and all armed militia. Like should I have a way to incapacitate the turrets? All I can do is blind them for 15 seconds which achieves nothing.

You can get an upgrade that will cause the large turrets to explode if they attempt to fire.

I don't remember that road block in particular, but sometimes you can find a switch to hack to get your Batmobile in.

I'm not even close to finished with the story yet, but just wanted to say if the Arkham Knight is
Jason Todd
, that is really really dumb. He's already
Red Hood

*runs away*

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
So I'm about %90 story completion and I'm just wondering, how do I get the last side mission, the one in the upper right, clockwise just one over from the main story line?

Is it something I have to stumble upon or will it come after I beat the game? Can't imagine another story arch at this point.

Top Bottom