• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman: Arkham Knight |OT| Protect Gotham Racing

Hobohodo

You can get an upgrade that will cause the large turrets to explode if they attempt to fire.

I don't remember that road block in particular, but sometimes you can find a switch to hack to get your Batmobile in.

Yeah got the one for the big turrets, this is for the little one.

Managed it somehow now, got lucky with a fear take down, but I'll keep an eye out for the switches in the future.

So I'm about %90 story completion and I'm just wondering, how do I get the last side mission, the one in the upper right, clockwise just one over from the main story line?

Is it something I have to stumble upon or will it come after I beat the game? Can't imagine another story arch at this point.

I dont have the game in front of me but if its the one Im thinking of, there is a point in the story when its revealed pretty close to the end.

So Im having an issue with scanning one of the Riddles.

The Riddle itself mentions something about the "tallest building in Arkham City was home to a man with no pity" or something along those lines. The objective marker points at the statue at the top of the building but Ive scanned it from every angle with nothing clicking. What am I missing here? I dont see any special marks on the state or anywhere around.

Sojgat

A redditor found this when digging through the game's files . Seems that Robin, Nightwing, Red Hood and Azrael are getting more combat challenges. No word about Catwoman and Harley.

Really disappointing that they didn't use AC's challenge map model, considering that they almost doubled the amount of playable characters but still it's better than nothing

Paid DLC and I bet they'll be in the same AR format as the four garbage maps we have now.

Upgrade everything and there's nothing substantial to use it on. Challenge mode from the previous games needs to return.

I actually enjoy all the batmobile challenges, but I still feel ripped off.

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
Paid DLC and I bet they'll be in the same AR format as the four garbage maps we have now.

Upgrade everything and there's nothing substantial to use it on. Challenge mode from the previous games needs to return.

I actually enjoy all the batmobile challenges, but I still feel ripped off.

The game needs REAL challenge maps. Not that cramped garbage they gave us.

Sadly it will probably end up behind paid DLC as you state.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Is the Sonic Batarang gone in this? I want to do some AR missions but its a pain in the ass trying to get enemies to a specific location.

Roussow

So, I'm a little confused as to how challenges work this time round, I don't touch them until I'm done with story content, and I'm around 80% through the main missions and 72% through the overall story content -- So I'm almost there.

Do I have to drive to in-game markers and play them from there? Or can I just play them from the menu like in past games? Also -- I've heard mention of a true ending, without spoiling anything if possible, can someone tell me how to get it? Is it just finish all the side quests before finishing the main missions? joker trophies and the like aren't crucial to getting it?

Alienous

Is the Sonic Batarang gone in this? I want to do some AR missions but its a pain in the ass trying to get enemies to a specific location.

You'll want to make sure you have all of the gadgets given to you in the campaign before you attempt those challenges. There is an alternative.

So, I'm a little confused as to how challenges work this time round, I don't touch them until I'm done with story content, and I'm around 80% through the main missions and 72% through the overall story content -- So I'm almost there.

Do I have to drive to in-game markers and play them from there? Or can I just play them from the menu like in past games? Also -- I've heard mention of a true ending, without spoiling anything if possible, can someone tell me how to get it? Is it just finish all the side quests before finishing the main missions? joker trophies and the like aren't crucial to getting it?

You can do both.

Don't worry about the "true ending".. Just play the game as you would normally and the game will explain everything to you.

Zakalwe

Banned
actually your calling my speculation a "spoiler" has just spoiled me. thanks
Actually it was YOU who spoiled it.

This is why you should always cover speculation like that, his post was advertising the truth in the open, and it could easily have ruined it for a lot of people. Also the way he worded it was ambiguous, it also reads like "ok, so if what I read is true...."

No way to tell him to cover it without giving it away either. It would be obvious no matter how I'd put it.

Alienous

This is why you should always cover speculation like that, his post was advertising the truth in the open, and it could easily have ruined it for a lot of people. Also the way he worded it was ambiguous, it also reads like "ok, so if what I read is true...."

No way to tell him to cover it without giving it away either. It would be obvious no matter how I'd put it.

It's best to just leave speculation alone. "I will neither confirm nor deny".

That said I do want to know what part of the game Lamonster is at, because the context of that matters.

Zakalwe

Banned
It's best to just leave speculation alone. "I will neither confirm nor deny".

That said I do want to know what part of the game Lamonster is at, because the context of that matters.

Generally, sure, but read what he wrote, it could easily be construed as "so if what I'm hearing about the ending is true". I'm sorry it ruined it for Lamonster, but It really did need to be covered.

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
I must be completely insane
/s
because I enjoy the Batmobile (including the combat) quite a bit. I think it helps that I powered it up early and played a few of the challenges extensively so I got pretty good early on. I will admit that
The boss fights involving the Batmobile
weren't as good as the rest of the game, but I think in the context of what they were trying to achieve, they did a really good job. I still would've preferred more traditional boss fights though.

To me, The Batmobile is an attempt to inject some freshness into the gameplay formula of the Arkham games, and it's largely a success. It's fun to drive, helps you feel like an unstoppable badass, and handles like a dream. If the game hadn't had it, it would be called out for the "same ole" gameplay, becoming tiresome after all these years. I applaud Rocksteady for a job well done here --- now just bring on the challenge maps.

I liked that Origins was kinda canon.

This game is better than City, suffers from too many tank battles and the lack of real boss fights a la Origins, which is really fucking sad.

Also: Kevin Conroy's performance in the Arkham games are rather disappointing.

I never got the
man-bat
scarejump...
I saw it flying around and I just attacked it and then I did the mission. Found it twice pretty fast and cured it
. BORING!

\

To me, The Batmobile is an attempt to inject some freshness into the gameplay formula of the Arkham games, and it's largely a success. It's fun to drive, helps you feel like an unstoppable badass, and handles like a dream. If the game hadn't had it, it would be called out for the "same ole" gameplay, becoming tiresome after all these years. I applaud Rocksteady for a job well done here --- now just bring on the challenge maps.

This so much.

My only real problem with the game is the lack of good boss battles
The Deathstroke tank battle was uber disappointing after the amazing Origins fight with him

Oneself

I have yet to get hooked by this game but I really am giving it chances. So far it lacks the level design that made Asylum so great... Also, the story goes all over the place with 10 different villains at the same time and well, it feels a bit silly to be able to put them "on hold" in order to start something else. And yeah, I love car combat normally but the tank parts feel like a chore, added to the game in order to make it longer. Anyways, it looks great though, that's why I keep on playing but I was honestly expecting more.

I liked that Origins was kinda canon.

This game is better than City, suffers from too many tank battles and the lack of real boss fights a la Origins, which is really fucking sad.

Also: Kevin Conroy's performance in the Arkham games are rather disappointing.

I thought it was serviceable. I'm actually surprised you had a problem with it. I mean, you have a MGS avatar.

The batmobile should have been used slightly less and the game required more storymode boss battles and a few more indoors areas, the game is really limited compared to city in that reguard.

You never really revisit areas either, you don't find a new skill to return to a past area to progress into a new zone instead you use the new gadget straight away and then move on.

Tecnniqe

Banned
Shiieet in NG+ Batman
kills
people
124238ED9AB62BA08BA47F97912A1E37C8C37B3F

62C1D4088DF47742CA5A4A325241CB7B91ACE295

The batmobile should have been used slightly less and the game required more storymode boss battles and a few more indoors areas, the game is really limited compared to city in that reguard.

You never really revisit areas either, you don't find a new skill to return to a past area to progress into a new zone instead you use the new gadget straight away and then move on.

Start going for Riddler trophies and puzzles.

This so much.

My only real problem with the game is the lack of good boss battles
The Deathstroke tank battle was uber disappointing after the amazing Origins fight with him

Yeah, any time there was a
-------tank
boss battle, it should've been immediately followed by some kind of on-foot fight, preferably out in the city.

Arkham Knight is the Kai Leng of the Batman games. So goddamn annoying. Appears and disappears all the time

There was that awesome part on Founders island where
you try to use a fear takedown on him, but he counters it.
I wish stuff like that happened more often. I was hoping the final fight with him ended with a
true predator vs. battle, with him sneaking up on you too.
I know he can do better, that is why I am disappointed.

I found his performance much better here than in City or Asylum. It was probably his dialogue not being quite as corny as before.

GeeTeeCee

All that's left for me to do is collect half of the Riddler trophies and achieve the true ending, which should only take a few more play sessions. It's a little troublesome that you need the
freeze blast
to complete a buch of them, yet the game never actually tells you where to pick the item up. It's literally just sitting on a table waiting to be collected.

I really liked the game, minor plot quibbles aside. After hearing all the Batmobile horror stories I found there was only one moment I genuinely loathed: (sidequest spoilers)
Deathstroke and his all-seeing tank squadron
. To be honest, I found most of the later hand-to-hand combat sections to be far more infuriating on the whole.

I love the sheer number of easter eggs scattered around the city, in dialogue etc.

Cre8

You want a shot at the champ? [NG gif winner July 23]
God, I just spend like 20 min chasing after the APC side mission. Everytime I got a lock on, he make sharp turn and lose the target. I'm on the 3rd one now. Does it get any harder down the road? I suck at driving.

Fliesen

I have the exact same missions done as you and I can't activate it yet smh

well, yeah, you only have 9/14 Most Wanted Missions done ... that's normal.

There was that awesome part on Founders island where
you try to use a fear takedown on him, but he counters it.
I wish stuff like that happened more often. I was hoping the final fight with him ended with a
true predator vs. battle, with him sneaking up on you too.

he was nothing more than a regular gun turret in his boss battle. Dodge the spotlight, take out thugs, get "behind" him.

Good lord, Rocksteady looooves their jumpscares. I had what felt like a minor heart attack when
you ignite the flames to cremate the Joker, and the bastard comes alive and starts laughing hysterically
Scared the crap out of me...lol. Checkmate, Rocksteady..well played. Has anyone else experienced this when starting a new game+?

Alienous

God, I just spend like 20 min chasing after the APC side mission. Everytime I got a lock on, he make sharp turn and lose the target. I'm on the 3rd one now. Does it get any harder down the road? I suck at driving.

I had a moment where that happened. I slowed down and took a different street, and it just so happened that the direction the APC was going in was parallel to the one I was heading in, and I boot rammed it in the side.

I wish the PS4 Share feature was working. It was so Batman.

My point being is that you can get some distance from and APC and it might end up driving into you.

If you pay attention to the front on the APC there are arrows showing you which way it will be turning.

Not sure if you are on PS4, but you might want to check your controller. (I'm sure this isn't the case) but I actually found out while playing the game that my R2 button was slightly broken. When I would hold it all the way down the car would stay at half speed. I swapped it out with a different one and saw that the batmobile was going at it's proper speed.

stn

Need help with the Perfect Crime side mission. I'm currently at
Bristol, the radar leads to a point on the roof of an old train station. Yet there is nothing there? What am I missing? I think I've scanned 2 bodies so far.

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
The side stuff in this game is..... not great. I am halfway through the main story and, while I like it, Asylum still 2stronk for this to pass it.

Blader

Need help with the Perfect Crime side mission. I'm currently at
Bristol, the radar leads to a point on the roof of an old train station. Yet there is nothing there? What am I missing? I think I've scanned 2 bodies so far.
It's not necessarily at that building, the radar just tells you the body is in that area.

That was my experience with it, though the radar only pointed me to a body once, I had to find the others on my own (read: randomly stumble on them).

The side stuff in this game is..... not great. I am halfway through the main story and, while I like it, Asylum still 2stronk for this to pass it.

The side content (aside from the creature tracking one and the murders, until the end) all consist of what are essentially challenge maps/AR challenges, just contextualized with flavor dialogue within the main game.

And it's all optional

Top Bottom